Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt (1787 Views)

Improve Your Dating Game Here.! See Inside. / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? / Your Dating Mistakes That You Have Learnt From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by yorex2011: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
The purpose of this thread is to share both good and bad experiences in our relationships and the lessons learnt from them. At least it could help someone who probably experiencing same situation as you once experienced.
smiley
So lets get the thread moving. As for me... There were times i was insensitive in my relationship and my girl hated that aspect of me.. We would argue and disagree... Eventually i saw it wasn't healthy for both of us.. So i tried to be more sensitive and we've been doin gr8.. So lesson learnt...if ur partner complains about something.. Even if u can't change it, at least put in visible effort and they'll appreciate the effort
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by DesChyko: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
The lesson I have to share is the key to a successful relationship with a lady is tolerance and patience on the male's side.

And if you do not desire a long term relationship with any lady, don't show either of these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by anssy(f): 6:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
emmyspark007:
na wah o
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by LogoDWhiz(m): 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
Never compare your relationship with others.
Never compare your dating experience(s) with others.

Be confident, be yourself and have self respect.
Be caring and loving. with little jealousy.
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by FLAWLES(f): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
MotherFvcker cuz the DEVIL is a LIE shocked
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
Felt I should share this common experience; grin

Before sex, you help each other get nakéd, but after sex you only dress yourself. Moral of the story: in life no one helps you once you're fúcked.
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by MizMyColi(f): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2014

1. To seek first to understand than to be understood, to seek first to tolerate than to be tolerated.

2. Let majority of the validation you need come from what's within you, not without.

3. Don't lose yourself in the process of trying to fit into another person's life.

4. Stop taking things too serious.....he really doesn't owe you y'know.

5. Give him grace. It's okay to get bored.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
anssy:

back eagles o
??
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Sexslave01(f): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by yorex2011: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
MizMyColi:

1. To seek first to understand than to be understood, to seek first to tolerate than to be tolerated.

2. Let majority of the validation you need come from what's within you, not without.

3. Don't lose yourself in the process of trying to fit into another person's life.

4. Stop taking things too serious.....he really doesn't owe you y'know.

5. Give him grace. It's okay to get bored.

cheesy
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Thou shall not give a F#ck cuz if you do, you'll become a stalker. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by yorex2011: 6:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sexslave01:
Hmmmm

Is dat ur experience or the lesson learnt?
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
ive learnt alot of things from dating. in my former relationship, my ex and i really loved eachother, but because we couldnt agree and work together to sustain the relationship, we had to call it quits sad so one of the lessons i learnt is that.. dont think u alone can do what two people are meant to do, and dont leave the work of two people for one person alone! the two of u should work together, do your part as his girlfriend and he should do his part as ur boyfriend. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by anssy(f): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
emmyspark007:

??
auto correct things
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by stalicia(f): 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
one thing i've learnt frm ma boy frnd is 2 stop smoking nd clubbing
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by yorex2011: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2014
EroticAngelina:
ive learnt alot of things from dating. in my former relationship, my ex and i really loved eachother, but because we couldnt agree and work together to sustain the relationship, we had to call it quits sad so one of the lessons i learnt is that.. dont think u alone can do what two people are meant to do, and dont leave the work of two people for one person alone! the two of u should work together, do your part as his girlfriend and he should do his part as ur boyfriend. smiley

smiley
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by ronald4lif(m): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
I have learnt to trust even in suspicious cirmstances, for without trust a relationship may hardly survive.

I have come to understand that a relationship with someone whose values doesn't tally with yours is not only a waste of resources but waste of valuable time and years, if you don't see the possibility of picturing the both of you grow old together take a walk, earlier the better.

As an anambrarian Igbo, experience over the years have thought not to restrict my dating circles among my tribe, in the past I had nothing for non-igbos except for the fun of it. But my little exposure have thought me that happiness and love is not limited to any particular divide.

I have come to realise that being in a relationship without getting laid hardly pays off at the end, if it should last we must bond-up together after a few months. Personal experience thought me so.

My experience is not limited to the listed above, these are just among the top.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by StealthyMe(m): 7:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
A relationship without trust is like a phone without network signal........What do you do?

Play Games undecided

1 Like

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by holatin(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
I fall in love with a lesbian and she drop me later
lesson learnt :don't date a lesbian unless you are ready to become a vacuum cleaner
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by xpac01(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
I learnt this lessons the hard way cos, i ended up loosing two sweethearts. Until when i discovered them and decided to adjust, i began seeing fine cool ladies running around me as though I got their bait:
1. Aggression: this is no more valid from a guy to a girl. Please guys ladies don't lilke aggressive guys anymore. But there are exeptions i.e
a) in the bedroom
b) while trying to get what you want from life.
2. Second lesson learnt is nevr to shout on a lady for more than 2mins. Shout on her scold her, but not for long.
If she hangs on after you exihibit all this, then you must be her only hope of getting married.
IMO
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Moiking(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
brb
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by ronald4lif(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
yorex2011:

Is dat ur experience or the lesson learnt?

Hahaha una no go kill person here, what a question lol
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by ronald4lif(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
Moiking:
brb

Where you dey go, o boy come back come yan us your experience jare lol
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Moiking(m): 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
ronald4lif:

Where you dey go, o boy come back come yan us your experience jare lol
hahaha I've got nothing to share jare i will just stick around nd learn from you guys
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by prettyjo(f): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
one lesson I learnt - do not trust too much

1 Like

Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
holatin:
I fall in love with a lesbian and she drop me later
lesson learnt :don't date a lesbian unless you are ready to become a vacuum cleaner
Did she tell you she was a lesbo or how the hell did you discover?
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by holatin(m): 7:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brandnew2:
Did she tell you she was a lesbo or how the hell did you discover?
I know and knew from d start.
love is a bitch
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
holatin:

I know and knew from d start.
love is a bitch
You knew or you guessed. You have no concrete proof to attest to this claim bro!
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
Following
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by holatin(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
Brandnew2:
You knew or you guessed. You have no concrete proof to attest to this claim bro!
can't u read between the line
SHE TOLD ME
Re: Share Your Dating Experiences And Lessons Learnt by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
holatin:

can't u read between the line
SHE TOLD ME
Holly sh*t. I never imagined a Nigerian girl would have the guts to tell such. I thought it's always a hush hush affair when it comes to such.

I was once in your shoes though it was a foreign girl. I thought maybe she could be swinging both ways but I was wrong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

C / She Wants Me To Let Her Date Other Men So She Can.... / how can a guy solve this problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.