Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,795 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? (25820 Views)

Why Does It Hurt So Much?..............she Left. / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering? / Does Love Realy Fades Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by mekoyo(m): 9:37am On Mar 12, 2008
Love does not hurt if its true love execept otherwise. And that means if there are hurdles to it which can only make it stronger.

Do u understand?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by kalmebad(f): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2008
@poster
WHY DOES LOVE HURT?

It hurts because we sometimes mix infatuation with true love
and there is never true love and if ever it exist only in the heart of few

True love can never make u cry, make u sad nor make u hurt
But rather will keep u through all the test of time
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jintujinta(m): 11:37am On Mar 13, 2008
Hmm, love does not hurt. The only reason it will hurt is when it is departing you. When you have love, you are always happy, no matter waht situation; love gives peace.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by Salena: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2008
Lack of honesty, openness and frankness. Say like it is whatever the situation
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 22, 2008
jintujinta:

Hmm, love does not hurt. The only reason it will hurt is when it is departing you. When you have love, you are always happy, no matter waht situation; love gives peace.
that's just it smiley

kalmebad:

It hurts because we sometimes mix infatuation with true love
and there is never true love and if ever it exist only in the heart of few
very true

holythug:

because its a thin line between love & hate undecided
absolutely true. .thinner than a slit of ice. . .very delicate

neonraver:

soo riddle me this how do i show someone that they are taking me for granted undecided
in some situations, you never know until its too late

Lakurani:

To Love at all is to be vulnerable, open your heart to some body and see how that fellow can play you.
We fall in Love not because we find perfect peerson, but because we see an imperfect person perfect. Remember we are all human with lot of weaknesses.

Lakurani. cool
very well said smiley

this is my own two-cents:
Love hurts when you lose it and when you find out its not really true love or when it betrays you. its betrayal comes in many forms: cheating, lying, etc
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by darkey(m): 3:12am On Mar 22, 2008
[size=14pt]SIMPLE!!!
ITS NOT REAL LOVE
REAL LOVE DOES NOT HURT SO BAD, IT DOES NOT HURT AT ALL
[/size]
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by folanusi(m): 3:17am On Mar 22, 2008
can i join this conversation?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by dreeldee: 5:52am On Mar 22, 2008
because a lot of people put in their mind n soul when they luv n cannot see, and when it comes crashing on their face, its explodes and brings down their heart like the 9/11 world trade center.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by almondjoy(f): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2008
pleasure is pain!  If it does not hurt baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, it can't be good at all!

The bad kind of love na im dey sweeeeeeeeeet pass! Check it out!

Even sang by many songs including one of ma favorites by John Mellencamp. . . . "Hurt so good"!

God bless Oyinbo people, they discuss everything! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSHGT9bATdc

Love don't feel as good as it should until YOU make it hurts so good! 

Do you think he is a mad man for singing such a song?

I definitely do not want one that is sweet all the time. . . . some drama should be in order ALWAYS.

With Nigerian dudes. . . . satisfaction guaranteed in that department! cheesy  You will be begging for more hurts by the time they finish with you. . . .with all their lie lie and waka waka.

But errrrrrrrrrrrr, all I want is just a small "hurt" ooooooooooooh enoght to make things interesting.  Not the big hurts at all.

You unsten' wha' am seyin? tongue

When I was a young boy,
Said put away those young boy ways
Now that im gettin older so much older
I long all those young boy days
With a girl like you
With a girl like you
Lord knows there are things we can do, baby
Just me and you
Come on and make it a

Chorus:
Hurt so good
Come on baby make it hurt so good

Sometimes love don't feel like it should
You make it hurt so good

You don't have to be so excitin
Just tryin to give myself a little bit of fun, yeah
You always look so invitin
You aint as green as you are young
Hey baby its you
Come on girl now its you
Sink your teeth right through my bones, baby
Lets see what we can do
Come on and make it a

Chorus:
Hurt so good
You make it hurt so good

I aint talkin no big deals
I aint made no plans myself
I aint talkin no high heels
Maybe we could walkin around, all day long,
Walkin around, all day long

Chorus:
Hurt so good
You make it hurt so good

Hurt so good
You make it hurt so good

Like EVERYTHING between man and woman. . . .there has to be a lirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle pain for sweetness to endure! Yes. . . sink your teeth where they belong. . . . . . tongue

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . . Sweeter than Lasagna!

I no send! grin
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by pahtahkee: 9:58am On Mar 22, 2008
Gone are the days where Love usually hurts so bad.

Maybe it is due to my ''I do not care'' or ''give a shit attitude'' anymore. undecided

@ Topic,
It hurts so bad because you give it your all, and the other partner sits aloof and expects more. Personally, once I see the slightest form of mistrust or any hanky panky games in the other partner, I immediately begin to withdraw. I maybe wrong, but it is safer that way. Am not giving my heart out for a silly woman to mess and destroy it. A woman who still needs healing on her own, you are entrusting your heart to?

Next time when you enter into a relationship, use your head and not your heart. Just my own bit to the topic.

It is the best modus operandi.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by almondjoy(f): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2008
If you like use your head or your tail. . . . if it is sweet, it will still hurt. kiss

The more painful, the sweeter. When you grow old like me. . . you will understand. You are not "done" yet! Still cookiing I see! tongue
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by pahtahkee: 10:35am On Mar 22, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! cool

Are you requesting for my cooking services on you? tongue

If you like use your heart, when it gets smeared, please come back on the forum and ask for our advices. cheesy tongue

Happy Easter to you kiss
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2008
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by aliciaange: 1:08pm On Mar 22, 2008
Because people do say what they cannot with hold later.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jintujinta(m): 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2008
Song by Terrakota, i guess;

You are too young to fall in love. When you know the meaning of love, all the , you feel for love will pall. loving is not a child's play. That is why it hurts.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jkpretty(f): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2008
Love: short as four letters, yet has been so destructive to many souls mostly because those they love don't love back. Love, that Makes the mighty fall, confused & wail like a baby.

If it doesn't hurt, then its not love.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jintujinta(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2008
jkpretty:

If it doesn't hurt, then its not love.

Hmmm, baby, could you please throw more light on this? Must it hurt to be love?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jkpretty(f): 1:47pm On Apr 01, 2008
jintujinta:

Hmmm, baby, could you please throw more light on this? Must it hurt to be love?

simple, if she does something that naturally shld spark jealousy/anger or cause pain and u are not bothered. Then its not love. Getit?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jintujinta(m): 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2008
and what if she's careful enough to stay away from such things? i guess it will stil be love. yet there is no hurting. Except you want to see it that she may be hurting herself by staying off such things for my sake. In which case the sacrifices we make for our lovers' sake may then be hurting for us. But it is not the lover that is hurting us directly? Are we saying samething?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by jkpretty(f): 2:09pm On Apr 01, 2008
U can't be too careful. Nobody is perfect. We still get on each other's nerve without knowing. U are two different people trying to adjust to suit eachother so their will always be times u hurt each other. Hurt is inevitable in relationships, But the gravity is hurt differs.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by holythug(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2008
cos u feel disappointed afta findin out dat wat u bliv in wat actually doesnt exist undecided
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by SweetT1: 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2008
@Poster

go watch the movie, " Why do fools fall in love". Love doesn't hurt, it's only perverts that makes it hurt. Love if you mean it and if you don't carry on.
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by holythug(m): 7:11pm On Apr 08, 2008
*ummm scratches almost bald head, wishes
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by ayjay(m): 6:22pm On Apr 25, 2008
i dont agree, i think its because people do change somewhere along the line
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by Belema08(f): 6:07pm On May 13, 2008
The only reason love hurts is cos we're all human with our flaws, weaknesses and imperfections.

People will always hurt each other no mater how much they love themselves. sometimes they might not even realize they have hurt each other cos it might be through little things that don't seem to matter.

To avoid this hurt, u must learn to make amends and ask for forgiveness where u are in the wrong, forgive and move on.

cheesy grin cool
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by prizeless(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2008
i guess, love is either foolishness or full-leaseness, any ways, it will hurt bad
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by Cayon(f): 1:41am On Jul 02, 2008
@poster

were you hurt?
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by live4Him: 5:12am On Jul 09, 2008
Sweet T:

@Poster

go watch the movie, " Why do fools fall in love". Love doesn't hurt, it's only perverts that makes it hurt. Love if you mean it and if you don't carry on.

perverts? do they have much less give love?

@ poster
people have great and unrealistic expectations. we forget the people we expect love from or are loving are as imperfect as we are. only God's love doesnt hurt! love only works when both parties are willing to learn to love together, forgive, grow in love, bla bla bla
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by topup: 1:12am On Jul 17, 2008
I've always believed that two mature people can handle love appropriately, if you're mature enough to understand your partner may not love you yet and deserves time to make their own judgement, then you should be mature enough to know you shouldn't rush into love, and that time is what you need. A lot of people get impatient, that is why we get the whole 'when is it too soon to say you love someone scenario' though I loved my ex I didn't tell him, our relationship broke up before I got the chance, personally for me he needed to pass more of my personal requirements before I could commit and tell him I loved him, there were just too many uncertainties, and after all this analysing I realise that maybe what I felt for him was infatuation. Hollywood has made us believe that love is an instantaneous thing, maybe it is for some people, but I genuinely believe that it grows and flourishes, when a partner behaves strange, or untrustworth-ily then the love takes longer to grow or some is subtracted, you should try not to commit or love someone until they have met all or most of your requirements, and am not saying that will stop you from getting hurt, but I'm pretty sure that if the other person is also doing the same thing then you should be fine.

All I can say is time is a HUGE factor for me, I cannot trust myself to say I love someone I've been seeing/dating for less than 3 months, I think it's just silly, the relationship hasn't passed the honeymoon stage, we're still blinded by the physical attraction and chemistry, and the little details that matter are overshadowed by the huge romantic gestures that we perform. smiley
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by topup: 1:13am On Jul 17, 2008
LOL @ Kliplemet's joke cheesy
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by brinebaba(m): 1:20am On Jul 17, 2008
Luv=hatred.u hate s1 u luv.
'i hate all =N=LanDeRs'!
Re: Why Does Love Hurt So Bad? by ancientbrk: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2008
love hurts co'z we tend to do it. not by mistake but by knowing that we are doing it. it sound confusing but its true. me,  i can say that im about to make the worst decision. i know it that its gonna hurt. specially the one i love and love most. thats why it huts so bad co'z we know that it will hurt soon but still we tend to do it. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Forgive Her Or Move On? / Six Tips How To Approach & Date Single Military Women / My Friend Got Scammed By Side Chick – Ossai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.