Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (20328 Views)

Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by pabon(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2014
Hmm
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Oildichotomy(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2014
this is needed jhoor
Everybody cane your line
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by obainojazz(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2014
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Adyrin(m): 8:02am On Dec 04, 2014
Make una leave oga Jona naw
˚°◦shooo!! <//>.
_\\_
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by tolustx(m): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2014
Good advice

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 04, 2014
englishmart:
Jonathan, you are part of the national issues. So nobody is leaving you.

Meanwhile, everybody should do his/her own job effectively and not just the president
and impeaching an incompetent presient is part of the jobs of the senate .... simple.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:05am On Dec 04, 2014
lalasticlala:
Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators Plotting To Impeach Him

President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerian senators to leave him alone and concentrate on other issues of national Importance.

Mr. Jonathan declared that the senators should know that there are other issues that ought to catch the lawmakers’ attention instead of threatening to sack him.

President Jonathan took this position in a statement issued by Doyin Okupe, a medical doctor who serves as senior special assistant to the president on public affairs.

The statement was however silent on whether Mr. Jonathan considers that he has, or has not, committed any impeachable offence.

The text of the full statement is below:

RE-PURPOTED GATHERING OF IMPEACHEABLE OFFENCES BY SOME SENATORS

The Senate in the last four years has conducted its legislative functions and responded to issues that are of great national importance with commendable political sagacity.

In this same period, the senate has functioned as a stabilizing force within the polity employing much political maturity that is required to guide and protect our nascent democracy.

However, confrontation and strong disagreements are not uncommon phenomenon in Executive-Legislative relationship world-wide.

The recent purported attempt by some Senators to prepare impeachable offences against the President, as reported in some section of the Media, is seen by us in this light.

We strongly trust and believe in the leadership of the present Senate and the unwavering patriotism and commitment that have been shown by the distinguished members and we trust that ultimately it is this tendency towards true Nationalism that will prevail in the Senate.

It is our view that there are at present, serious fundamental issues of National importance such as winning the war against terrorism and stabilizing the economy in the face of dwindling oil revenue which requires the full attention, commitment and swift action of distinguished members of the Senate.
We are of the opinion that all matters political can and will be resolved politically in the overall interest of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people.
SIGNED
Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/03/leave-me-alone-concentrate-issues-jonathan-tells-senators-plotting-impeach-him
Confirm
Go Gej

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Johnnoo(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2014
I've always said this...if you have Nigeria interest in mind, work with GEJ. But its quite unfortunate that all I'm seeing everyday is selfish interests undecided

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 04, 2014
in France ... senators don't impeach president
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by FRENZYLO: 8:08am On Dec 04, 2014
I think madness is in the air .Jonathan is the governor,Local govt chairman,senator,legislator,councillor ,Barrister etc.This men have refused to work thereby,heaping their failures on Jona.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Agimor(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2014
Is Jonathan not an issue,a very paramount issue for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 04, 2014
Firefire:

Perfect!

That is the problem with we Nigerians, is it the president alone we elected

- What of our state governors

- Our State House of Assembly men & women

- Our Federal Legislooters.

- Our Local Government chairmen, the closest to the people.

When shall we demand accountability from our state government on how they spend SECURITY VOTES and demand transparency

When shall we ask our representatives how they go about the constituency allowance running into millions? ??

When shall we ask our LGA Administrators how the Federal Allocation is been utilise

We all focus on the Presidency. Why

Nigerians, this is time to think right. The President is not our problem but our wicked and selfish politicians.

Nigeria political landscape is infested with gentle and mean pen robbers.

its illiteracy my friend people don't know anything apart from the name of their president

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2014
omarlee:
Leave him alone? The gross incompetence, corruption (common stealing is not corruption), impunity (tear gassing of the honorable members), violation of the electoral act ( via use of a proxy called TAN )............... and many more violation of the constitution by the GEJ administration can make a president to step down not even to wait for his impeachment in a sane climes.

all you need to do is go to the poll and vote him out. haba
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Tonylyte(m): 8:11am On Dec 04, 2014
And bro-j laments lol. Pls leave our able president alone, apc.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2014
purplesummer:

Are the law makers ignorant of their powers? Don't they know what to do when the President fails or refuses to veto bills? (I bet you don't know too)
And FYI, a bill doesn't become law until the necessary assents have been secured.

lol you think he know the meaning of veto?
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by experimentist: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2014
You dey craze sir?
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by olajide8(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2014
What a shame- in fact shameless* leave you? when the whole economy and government depend on a sane Presidency, which -this one is not- N9.2b on stoves - not a childish boy, that turned into a Brut, overnight- because he suddenly found out he has power, one that abuses power openly, face issues? what issues is the F.G and holder the issue, since the structures have been systematically continuously destroyed! while he- goes on a character defamation of other presidential contestants, using government money- flying around in the presidential jet for party rally's- i dey laugh O!
And our shameless uncle Okupe - that is never tired of lying and slander is talking- please where this man's family house in the south west- e lo wet e!!!

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Jonathan is already afraid. Is this not the same man that is witchhunting Tambuwal? He that sows to the wind should expect to reap the whirlwind.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by ikeduru2002: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2014
Mr. president has said all but really truth
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by kel4soft: 8:20am On Dec 04, 2014
So Mr. President, you are now feeling the taste of your own medicine? Where you not the one that destroy Rivers and Edo Assemblies? What happened to Nyarko? So you are afraid of impeachment but you want state Governors impeached illegally just as you tried and failed in Rivers and factionised Edo Assembly.

Mr. President, Our National Assembly members are lienate if not you would have long been impeached. Section 80, subsection 2 of our constitution should have sent you parking for your inability to control Madam Madueke and NNPC money.

I never knew you are afraid of impeachment when you orchestrated the fracas in NA.

3 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Dec 04, 2014
ceo4eva:
Good one from Mr President!
Most Nigerians do forget that they also have their state Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen and other elected public office holders to question for poor performance in office. We only place emphasis on the President to perform every duties, even the job of state Governors, while leaving out other office holders to perpetrate corruption and fraud at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their Actions and not just the President!
Keep your advice to yourself. Was Jonathan not instrumental in the impeachment of the former Governor of Adamawa State and even tried to arrest him before he left the country? Didn't Jonathan try to impeach the Governor of Nasarrawa State before it failed?

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by manutdadex(m): 8:23am On Dec 04, 2014
ceo4eva:
Good one from Mr President!
Most Nigerians do forget that they also have their state Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen and other elected public office holders to question for poor performance in office. We only place emphasis on the President to perform every duties, even the job of state Governors, while leaving out other office holders to perpetrate corruption and fraud at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their Actions and not just the President!
abeg ur brain dey work! Most Nigerians no even knw there Local government chairman! Gej dis Gej dat! Dem don make me like d man self

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Charchy07(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2014
I wnt 4get January 2012,wen dis same President was tongue lashed by almost evry concerned Nigerian. Now wots happening? Is he beta now? I dn't hav de ansas,because i school in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by tommiblack: 8:24am On Dec 04, 2014
Why not tell keshi to step down after failing to qualify us for nations cup in our own backyard. Misplaced priority I call it. My candid opinion.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by baywatch84(m): 8:28am On Dec 04, 2014
Coward president, all he know hiw to do best is give fake awards and waste Nigerian money on stupid and headless things, well whether I like it or not GEJ till 2015
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by greggng: 8:28am On Dec 04, 2014
I thought the basket mouth callled doyin would ve addressed the impeachable offenses, but he decided to ignore it in their usual fashion of impunity. Only in nigeria will a corrupt government begged to be left alone to continue corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by wtfCode: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2014
wtf am i gonna say GEJ till the devil repent.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by eleko1: 8:31am On Dec 04, 2014
cheesy grin sadgrin sad ; cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy grin shocked shocked grin
YungwizzzyPt7:
[size=25pt] They won't leave you until you're thrown out of Aso rock!! [/size]
grin gringrin grin

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by okiezman(m): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2014
This impeachment thingy, in fela's voice na shakara.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos As President Buhari Returns From U.S Trip / IGP Vs Saraki: Lauretta Onochie Clashes With Senator Sani / Lai Mohammed Identifies 7 'Errors/Inconsistencies' In EndSARS Panel Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.