Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators (20327 Views)

Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by eleko1: 8:37am On Dec 04, 2014
saTANist dey fear ooo.See how he use style to Praise Senate President,the same man. That inhale tear gasses @ the green chamber.(Their motive is to kill D Speaker just as they killed Chuba Okadigbo with gases fume)
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by purplesummer(f): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2014
donnypool:

lol you think he know the meaning of veto?
No, I think he doesn't know that the NASS has the powers to sign a bill into law if the President refuses to do so.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by sarutobie(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2014
Firefire:

Perfect!

That is the problem with we Nigerians, is it the president alone we elected

- What of our state governors

- Our State House of Assembly men & women

- Our Federal Legislooters.

- Our Local Government chairmen, the closest to the people.

When shall we demand accountability from our state government on how they spend SECURITY VOTES and demand transparency

When shall we ask our representatives how they go about the constituency allowance running into millions? ??

When shall we ask our LGA Administrators how the Federal Allocation is been utilise

We all focus on the Presidency. Why

Nigerians, this is time to think right. The President is not our problem but our wicked and selfish politicians.

Nigeria political landscape is infested with gentle and mean pen robbers.

my man I don dey try since forever to sensitise the 'educated illiterates' on this forum and even outside of the forum on the responsibilities of the various arms of the government. E no easy, they go to school but they are not educated...wasn't it yesterday that some people here were lambasting the government for destroying imported frozen turkey meat? even when the government have warned against it due to the recent outbreak of ebola and the avian flu. Their reason for attacking the government? that a lot of people cant afford turkey meat yet the government is destroying cheap imported ones! my jaw dropped out of the sheer ignorance, hungry mentality and stubbornness of supposedly educated nigerians on this forum and beyond..little wonder their less qualified politicians take them for a ride? because they can't think for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by slightlyMad(f): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2014
brito:

Who call you here, that's my President talking, they should leave him alone and do their jobs bunch of lazy old fooools, GEJ till Jesus comes.

the way you guys idolize the people you elect is sickening.
common, this guy is just like me and you, he went on his knees begging for our votes
we voted him in and he is living off our money
and now he is paying the police with your money to fight you the electorate who put him in power.

$12Billion meant for development is being squandered on his re-election bid.
12 billion dollar is equivalent to 2.2 trillion naira

2,160,000,000,000 naira is what is missing

common, lets reason like humans

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2014
slightlyMad:

the way you guys idolize the people you elect is sickening.
common, this guy is just like me and you, he went on his knees begging for our votes
we voted him in and he is living off our money
and now he is using the police to fight the electorate who put him in power.

$12Billion meant for development is being squandered on his re-election bid.
common, lets reason like humans

Don't take what I type on nl seriously.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by major466(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2014
This is a classic case of misplaced priority. When we have pressing matters like security, dwindling oil prices, job creation, etc that need more attention, the lawbreakers are busy preparing imaginary impeachable offense against the President. Those pushing for this nonsense should be ashame of themselves.
Well almost all past president faced impeachment threads. OBJ experienced it too, so it's not a new thing. It will soon blow over.

I want to use this medium to appeal to Nigerians to also commence impeachment (Recall) proceedings on non performing Lawmakers. Especially the ones who sleep during seatings.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by seunmsg(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2014
Impeaching a corrupt and incompetent president is part and parcel of the national duties of the senators.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2014
Part of the duties of Nass is to impeach the president if need be. Considering current failures and constant death of innocent citizens under the leadership of the drunkard, he is over due for impeachment.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Solutioncrib: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2014
lalasticlala:
Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators Plotting To Impeach Him

President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerian senators to leave him alone and concentrate on other issues of national Importance.

Mr. Jonathan declared that the senators should know that there are other issues that ought to catch the lawmakers’ attention instead of threatening to sack him.

President Jonathan took this position in a statement issued by Doyin Okupe, a medical doctor who serves as senior special assistant to the president on public affairs.

The statement was however silent on whether Mr. Jonathan considers that he has, or has not, committed any impeachable offence.

The text of the full statement is below:

RE-PURPOTED GATHERING OF IMPEACHEABLE OFFENCES BY SOME SENATORS

The Senate in the last four years has conducted its legislative functions and responded to issues that are of great national importance with commendable political sagacity.

In this same period, the senate has functioned as a stabilizing force within the polity employing much political maturity that is required to guide and protect our nascent democracy.

However, confrontation and strong disagreements are not uncommon phenomenon in Executive-Legislative relationship world-wide.

The recent purported attempt by some Senators to prepare impeachable offences against the President, as reported in some section of the Media, is seen by us in this light.

We strongly trust and believe in the leadership of the present Senate and the unwavering patriotism and commitment that have been shown by the distinguished members and we trust that ultimately it is this tendency towards true Nationalism that will prevail in the Senate.

It is our view that there are at present, serious fundamental issues of National importance such as winning the war against terrorism and stabilizing the economy in the face of dwindling oil revenue which requires the full attention, commitment and swift action of distinguished members of the Senate.
We are of the opinion that all matters political can and will be resolved politically in the overall interest of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people.
SIGNED
Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/03/leave-me-alone-concentrate-issues-jonathan-tells-senators-plotting-impeach-him
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by major466(m): 9:04am On Dec 04, 2014
sarutobie:

my man I don dey try since forever to sensitise the 'educated illiterates' on this forum and even outside of the forum on the responsibilities of the various arms of the government. E no easy, they go to school but they are not educated...wasn't it yesterday that some people here were lambasting the government for destroying imported frozen turkey meat? even when the government have warned against it due to the recent outbreak of ebola and the avian flu. Their reason for attacking the government? that a lot of people cant afford turkey meat yet the government is destroying cheap imported ones! my jaw dropped out of the sheer ignorance, hungry mentality and stubbornness of supposedly educated nigerians on this forum and beyond..little wonder their less qualified politicians take them for a ride? because they can't think for themselves.
I tell you the kind of ignorance exhibited by some Nigerians is mind boggling. There are lots of people today who prefer buying fake electric cables to original ones just because it's cheap. Only to lose their entire properties in fire outbreak.
Same way they live out other political office holders and concentrate on the President. It never occurred to them that most of the corrupt practices being committed in the country actually starts from the state and local governments.

2 Likes

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Etruth: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2014
decode55:
[s] GEJ don't mind them jare.

This isn't getting funny again sef & its not just about the senators and lawmakers. Average Nigerians have followed the "trend" of blind criticism(which is one of the few things we're good at)

Everything that goes bad, someone would just start screaming "Jonathan"
When your toilet no flush, Jonathan
When atm no gree pay you, Jonathan
When NEPA take light, Jonathan
When your babe "curve" you, Jonathan
undecided undecided

Ah ah!
Free Jonathan abeg! He's not Jesus. (Even Jesus sef go tire for Nigeria/ns)

If you want to effect change in Nigeria, start from yourself! smiley [/s]
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Kingspin(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2014
ceo4eva:
Good one from Mr President!
Most Nigerians do forget that they also have their state Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen and other elected public office holders to question for poor performance in office. We only place emphasis on the President to perform every duties, even the job of state Governors, while leaving out other office holders to perpetrate corruption and fraud at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their Actions and not just the President!
Dont mind them ignorance fellowers.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2014
donnypool:

its illiteracy my friend people don't know anything apart from the name of their president

It is painful when our people scream Jonathan this, Jonathan that.

Is it Jonathan that will come repair our street roads, Is it the president that will make our representatives at the senate & House of assembly

to put to infrastructure the constituency allowance collected on our behalf

NIGERIA THINK.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by bobbylegend(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
decode55:
GEJ don't mind them jare.

This isn't getting funny again sef & its not just about the senators and lawmakers. Average Nigerians have followed the "trend" of blind criticism(which is one of the few things we're good at)

Everything that goes bad, someone would just start screaming "Jonathan"
When your toilet no flush, Jonathan
When atm no gree pay you, Jonathan
When NEPA take light, Jonathan
When your babe "curve" you, Jonathan
undecided undecided

Ah ah!
Free Jonathan abeg! He's not Jesus. (Even Jesus sef go tire for Nigeria/ns)

If you want to effect change in Nigeria, start from yourself! smiley
[img][/img[img][/img][quote][/quote]]

Hehehehehe! Exactly, even Jesus go tire for Nigerians lol!
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Yomieluv:
Yes na.

When there are other pressing issues,the senators are only concerned about irrelevant things..

How will the impeachment of GEJ solve most of the problems bedeviling the country?

Misplaced priority.
If the head is not correct, every part of the body will be affected. How can they live the President alone when he is the cause of the elongated problems. It is high time we profer solution to the root cause of our problems. What can the senators do other than to make law....will they be the one to execute it. Reading the comment by Okupe, I could affirm he was only trying to hype the senators knowing fully well that his boss truly deserve impeachment. Many atimes we Nigerians are too emotional about issues and that has been what GEJ has been using to win the public. Real men are not emotional in taking decision. If our President is indeed the president he should act as one. I am neither APC nor PDP....just a passionate Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by fyneguy: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2014
Firefire:

Perfect!

That is the problem with we Nigerians, is it the president alone we elected

- What of our state governors

- Our State House of Assembly men & women

- Our Federal Legislooters.

- Our Local Government chairmen, the closest to the people.

When shall we demand accountability from our state government on how they spend SECURITY VOTES and demand transparency

When shall we ask our representatives how they go about the constituency allowance running into millions? ??

When shall we ask our LGA Administrators how the Federal Allocation is been utilise

We all focus on the Presidency. Why

Nigerians, this is time to think right. The President is not our problem but our wicked and selfish politicians.

Nigeria political landscape is infested with gentle and mean pen robbers.

He is not alone but has appropriated much responsibilities for himself ALONE!

1. He controls 52% of our national revenue. Hence, what he does with it is of utmost interest to us.

2. The Constitution has given the Federal Government many responsibilities so much so that there is little the States and Local government can contribute to determine our economic situation. If the President is overwhelmed, He should devolve power and apportion more resources to States and Local Government!

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2014
weldone my president. U get mouth....tell them abeg!

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2014
sarutobie:

We need deliverance of mind in Nigeria.

Our mindset have been corrupted.

We could not think right again

We praise the thieves called Reps & Senators who refused to give back to us the constituency allowance collected on our behalf.

They come to town sharing 20 Okada, 20 Grinding Machine, 20 Sewing Machines, 20 Bicycles , #20,000 each for FIRST 50 PERSON.

all a fraction of the monies collected for the constituency projects. They use the remaining to build estate for themselves.

And we start singing praise to them.

POVERTY CAN NEVER LEAVE NIGERIA until we put a STOP to it. angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 04, 2014
lalasticlala:
Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators Plotting To Impeach Him

President Goodluck Jonathan has urged Nigerian senators to leave him alone and concentrate on other issues of national Importance.

Mr. Jonathan declared that the senators should know that there are other issues that ought to catch the lawmakers’ attention instead of threatening to sack him.

President Jonathan took this position in a statement issued by Doyin Okupe, a medical doctor who serves as senior special assistant to the president on public affairs.

The statement was however silent on whether Mr. Jonathan considers that he has, or has not, committed any impeachable offence.

The text of the full statement is below:

RE-PURPOTED GATHERING OF IMPEACHEABLE OFFENCES BY SOME SENATORS

The Senate in the last four years has conducted its legislative functions and responded to issues that are of great national importance with commendable political sagacity.

In this same period, the senate has functioned as a stabilizing force within the polity employing much political maturity that is required to guide and protect our nascent democracy.

However, confrontation and strong disagreements are not uncommon phenomenon in Executive-Legislative relationship world-wide.

The recent purported attempt by some Senators to prepare impeachable offences against the President, as reported in some section of the Media, is seen by us in this light.

We strongly trust and believe in the leadership of the present Senate and the unwavering patriotism and commitment that have been shown by the distinguished members and we trust that ultimately it is this tendency towards true Nationalism that will prevail in the Senate.

It is our view that there are at present, serious fundamental issues of National importance such as winning the war against terrorism and stabilizing the economy in the face of dwindling oil revenue which requires the full attention, commitment and swift action of distinguished members of the Senate.
We are of the opinion that all matters political can and will be resolved politically in the overall interest of our democracy and the wellbeing of our people.
SIGNED
Dr. Doyin Okupe, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs

source: http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/03/leave-me-alone-concentrate-issues-jonathan-tells-senators-plotting-impeach-him
we will leave you alone if you will simply resign. You are doing more harm than good to your Fatherland. Accept this bitter truth and resign. Don't be deceived by sycophants who are only looking for what they will gain from your stupidity
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Baddestguyp(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2014
election is just a few months away, isn't it senseless to try to impeach him now

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Firefire(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2014
fyneguy:

He is not alone but has appropriated much responsibilities for himself ALONE!

1. He controls 52% of our national revenue. Hence, what he does with it is of utmost interest to us.

2. The Constitution has given the Federal Government many responsibilities so much so that there is little the States and Local government can contribute to determine our economic situation. If the President is overwhelmed, He should devolve power and apportion more resources to States and Local Government!

1. Which controls affect you most and which is closer to you?

- I presume your Local Government?

- Next should be your state government?

- Do you know that monthly those two tiers of government get allocation from the federation account?

- Have your bordered to ask how they spend the allocations on top the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR)

2. Your representatives as the state house of assembly and federal

- Have you bordered to ask how they dispense the CONSTITUENCY ALLOWANCE collected from the federal government on your behalf?

3. Your state governor

- DO you ever receive the breakdown on spending and allocation of SECURITY VOTES?

I think your economic situation starts from your immediate government.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by YEMOYEMI: 9:25am On Dec 04, 2014
There can NEVER be a better national issue of interest this period than impeching GEJ. May God help the NASS to succeed in this urgent national assignment.

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by goldman777: 9:34am On Dec 04, 2014
they cant leave u alone jona because ur d captain of d ship cald nigeria when d captain of d ship is incompetent d ship has no destination
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Babaji111(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2014
Chei! Leave you alone? I am confused. Your excellency, the law makers are doing their civic responsibility... just allow them please.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by 100Cents: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2014
SeverusSnape:
Right, They should leave him alone already, election is less than 3 months away, Those that wants him in can vote him him in till 2019..

Seconded..

1 Like

Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by 100Cents: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2014
ceo4eva:
Good one from Mr President!
Most Nigerians do forget that they also have their state Governors, Senators, Reps, LG Chairmen and other elected public office holders to question for poor performance in office. We only place emphasis on the President to perform every duties, even the job of state Governors, while leaving out other office holders to perpetrate corruption and fraud at the highest level. Nigeria will be a better place if we all learn to hold all public office holders accountable for their Actions and not just the President!

Even state commissioners who are busy acquiring estates, hostels and real estate..
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by madjune(m): 9:43am On Dec 04, 2014
This GEJ is very funny.
How can any sane Nigerian wholly concerned about the Nigerian project leave him alone?

As clueless as he is?
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by wunmi590(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2014
Video nd pissure or idnbilievit
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by 100Cents: 9:46am On Dec 04, 2014
omarlee:
Leave him alone? The gross incompetence, corruption (common stealing is not corruption), impunity (tear gassing of the honorable members), violation of the electoral act ( via use of a proxy called TAN )............... and many more violation of the constitution by the GEJ administration can make a president to step down not even to wait for his impeachment in a sane climes.

Yes, the way OBJ, IBB and Abacha stepped down.
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by holatin(m): 9:47am On Dec 04, 2014
is he no more the President
Re: Leave Me Alone, Concentrate On National Issues, Jonathan Tells Senators by Olaolufred(m): 9:48am On Dec 04, 2014
teemanbastos:
[size=16pt]wich national issues? Oga jona abeg park well... Imagine, allowing d police to Teargas d lawmakers, withdrawing security details, MILITARISING democracy, ...xo d TEARGASSED lawmakers should juxt sit down lyk MUGU and dy watch? Abi.. Xo unfortunate[/size]

[size=16pt]TEARGASSING AND HARRASMENT OF TAMBUWAL IS THE MOST IMPORTANT NATIONAL ISSUES TO JONATHAN.

CORRECTING THE ANOMALLY SHOULD NOT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE TO LAWMAKERS.

PEOPLE ARE TRULY DECIEVING PEOPLE. PIG D PIGS.
[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Policemen To Begin Strike On March 28th! / Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister / Lai: Buhari Poverty Alleviation, Job Creation Programs Best In Nigerian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.