Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,251 members, 7,957,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:44 PM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (52066 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by seunben(m): 5:05am On Apr 10, 2015
humilitypays:
One annoying but interesting thing about nairaland is; kids, teens and grown boys/girls just come here to type whatever they feel will increase their reputation and make people rate them high, whereas in reality, it isn't like that.

80% if not 90% of Nigerians are living and raising decent family with less than 80k per month, so what are we talking about here

When will our youths stop these their greed and quest for instant material wealth Every success in life comes with time not instant!!

Most civil servants in Nigeria today earn less than 80k per month after deductions...same with bankers and even those working in big firms you hear about and even wish to like
God bless u. Reading through the posts I was actually wondering how much those saying 80k salary is not enough to start a family are earning presently.
I think it will be better if they can tell us their marital status, how much they earn monthly and the kind of job they are doing.
How much do entry level officers in the Federal Civil Service earn or even hope to earn in the next 6- 7 years.
80k salary is a good salary in Nigeria, of course there are people earning far beyond that but the percentage is very small.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by allbright(m): 5:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Seriously I don't get it, alot of people here is saying withhold child birth if you marry with 80k salary. Now most federal civil servants on level 7 earns about 80k per month, lower level earns below that amount and they get promoted after four years. Some of these graduates are already above 30years of age should they now wait for like 16 years when they would be promoted to level 12 then their salary will be like 160k or thereabout before they start having children? Honestlly I have seen couples in Benin City, husband earning about 80k, wife schooling (not working yet) having a kid and they are managing, even working in their own house project. My take is not how much you earn but how much you can manage.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by adewalesegun: 5:15am On Apr 10, 2015
Sacluxpaint:

Bros, no vex o. But who financed your wedding? Maybe we can learn from you
I was wit my parents and they are supporting(retirees).
We agreed for a court wedding after engagement.
@least I did d necessary rites. I stayed with my parents after marriage for 10 months. Abeg, na God's favor on my side.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by bigiyaro(m): 5:22am On Apr 10, 2015
Sophyrocks:
If your wife is also working then why not. Just dnt bring a child into the world yet o. That will be the begining of poverty. Before you know it, you and your wife will start squeezing face as if they forced you both to marry.
so wen will they bring d child? Is it wen they av become old? Or wen they r still young n can hustle? Metcheeww
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by bigiyaro(m): 5:27am On Apr 10, 2015
allbright:
Seriously I don't get it, alot of people here is saying withhold child birth if you marry with 80k salary. Now most federal civil servants on level 7 earns about 80k per month, lower level earns below that amount and they get promoted after four years. Some of these graduates are already above 30years of age should they now wait for like 16 years when they would be promoted to level 12 then their salary will be like 160k or thereabout before they start having children? Honestlly I have seen couples in Benin City, husband earning about 80k, wife schooling (not working yet) having a kid and they are managing, even working in their own house project. My take is not how much you earn but how much you can manage.
so so on point. Wen minimum wage is 18k,some pple r talkin abt 80k.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by mechanics(m): 5:52am On Apr 10, 2015
Ofcos yes, getting a job does nt mean u marry during dat time, one can save 4 something b4 getting married wit dat amt, cos getting job nw with high pay is nt dat easy, one can also back it up with his/her business just incase salary no show on time, just like wia i wrk, d pay is a little bit higher dan d amt u cald, so am planning to save b4 settling down so as nt to b stranded.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by kilokeys(m): 5:58am On Apr 10, 2015
i laugh in french..

nobody is talking abt salary delays.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by onyxo76(m): 6:02am On Apr 10, 2015
i earn just about that amount,my wife the same and we have 2 children both in school. my rent is 350k annually. you can live on 80k but it's tough,but you need to cut expenses to a manageable level-like we take 1 car to work instead of 2,our trip must be aligned with picking up our kids from school,buy things in bulk-rice,oil,soap ,noodles , ribena,milk,cereal etc-this saves trips to market...don't run generator anyhow...

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Sike(m): 6:13am On Apr 10, 2015
Marriage straight!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by publicenemy(m): 6:22am On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.

Wake up.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by CHERIPH: 6:25am On Apr 10, 2015
We can never calculate life as mathematics. If you earning 80k. You can still manage to put up a family. I got married while my pay was 70k with tax, my pay goes down to 63k plus. My wife has no job and we had a baby. But e no easy ooo. Cos u have to deprive yourself from so many things like buying cloths for parties etc. But as as God butter my bread. I got a job times 10 of my previous salary when my baby turns 3months.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 10, 2015
does the sun make icre cream colder? Nope , Nope, Nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee undecided
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 6:42am On Apr 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
are you sure thaat family can eat fried egg and bread when they want to.. cool...me i sabi eat o...only me sef go eat the 80k finish then wetin my family go wak? grin
Fried egg,butter,tea and bread won't be every morning.They can take other things e.g pap and akara.
Na levels na.You can wack N80k food but some people don't eat that much e.g me.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 10, 2015
thorpido:
Fried egg,butter,tea and bread won't be every morning.They can take other things e.g pap and akara.
Na levels na.You can wack N80k food but some people don't eat that much e.g me.
really....life is really hard mehn...I dont know what tomdo with this country sometimes...
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 6:52am On Apr 10, 2015
publicenemy:

Wake up.
It's morning here.The lion is awake.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by queebeediva(f): 6:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Yes they can live well but not comfortable with 80k you can start a life with a woman but offcourse let the woman in QUestion be an industrus or earning something to contribute sometime they try not to involve kids but eventually the baby show so what I think the couple should do is to be able to make plans for eventuality, like child,family palava etc that's y u can never be a good manager without proper planing and forcasting. Lastly if the wife is yet to get a work she can start lean other things like sweing of dresses, hair dressing, catering services, etc to help .
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ugojamali(m): 7:04am On Apr 10, 2015
abdulwastecx:

the question is what percentage of Nigeria take home 80k.... less than 10%

You're right actually. So in all fairness 80K is more than enough to start a family. Some people even feed a family with 20k. I've seen three families with lots of kids sharing a three bedroom flat. Now that's managing.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by spicyJ(m): 7:09am On Apr 10, 2015
I lost my job why preparing for marriage but things changed wen my first child came.today am very happy that i went on wit that decision because God has so much blessed me beyond my imagination.
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by afuye(m): 7:22am On Apr 10, 2015
The way you said sounds anyhow
edozie04:
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour
Mordified:I wonder why Nigerians like thinking with their an.us, do I have to be irresponsible to spend 80k under an hour? There are goods and services that can be carried out and those goods and services can be done under an hour and also spend more than 80k
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ukandi1(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2015
80k is a lot of money na..!
How much are teachers in private and state schools being paid? 90% of them definitely less than 80k.. Do they not marry and raise families?
I was on that salary as a Federal ministry of Science and Technology senior staff in one of the parastatals for 5yrs before i got a small increase due to promotion. During this time i married, trained myself in a state Govt univ( u know how expensive they can be ), had two children, etal. To be frank with u, i wasn't easy but realistic although i got help sparingly from my mother inlaw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Greg2015(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Bro that's good am a very good Example...... I earn 50k and and my family are looking good n nice........
My house is in good shape...but with a very good wife..........
chyBosslady:
80k is ok for a month,u can build a family wit it.some guys earn 50k and stil take care of their responsibilities.unless ur extravagant in nature
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Chugoji(m): 7:40am On Apr 10, 2015
I really wonder why dis is an issue when so many married people earn less than 80k. Na just youth exuberance dey worry us... Make we see life first... We go understand.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by swankylay(m): 7:42am On Apr 10, 2015
The point is if u bring bread to the table and God can butter it, Ur wife should be able to bring tea.....
If u earning 80k, and God blesses u well to v a savings, then Ur wife should b able to bring something too. Together we can raise a family, not just marriage.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Josboy2: 7:45am On Apr 10, 2015
I earn less yet I am married and I am now building a two bedroom Flat.It all depends on how you live your life.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 10, 2015
afuye:
The way you said sounds anyhow
How did it sound?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Trustworthiness: 8:09am On Apr 10, 2015
Marriage is not all about how much you earn, but the blessings that follows it. We human get a lots of things wrong.

I was earning 35k a month when I got myself into marriage business. I got a new job and resume the same month. The new job earns me 180k per month.

Let me also tells you a story of a poor man that consulted someone. He was advice to go and marry. He married the 1st wife, but still poor. He was advice to marry another wife, which he did but still poor. He complained again. He was advice to marry the 3rd wife. Thereafter he became rich. So, is blessing of being rich is in his marriage to more than one wife.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by paschenko(m): 8:22am On Apr 10, 2015
God bless U my brother.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by paschenko(m): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2015
ITbomb:

I beg to disagree, a man earning 80k and a working wife should have a child (I don't mean producing each year), nothing brighten a home than a healthy child, it makes the couple eager to go back home after hustle. Another thing I hate is old age children, imagine a 50 years man still dropping his kids in Nursery school when you he should be arguing with his first son about his career choice cool

Spending on a child is relative, you don't send your child to a 300k per term school when there are other quality yet affordable school around, you don't make crunchies your child's lunch venue when a pot of soup can serve the family

God bless you my brother...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by benuejosh: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2015
dondo83:
there is a blessing that comes with marriage! if u earn 80k as a married man i can bet your expenditure wont be less than 150k a month and surprisingly you will be able to afford it. 4years ago when i moved back to Nigeria i was on a salary of 50k yet i spent it under 1week and still survived the whole month. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord. if my wife asks me for 1million naira now even though i dont earn that a month i still dont bother!God has a way of providing
this is what i call faith. resting and believing on his promises. have bin scared about this same issue but got encouragement from other commentators but yours just sealed up my courage.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by 1metre: 8:24am On Apr 10, 2015
Please this advice is for young guys who have attained the age of marriage...never mind peoples comment here, 80k is good enough to start a home....most of these people proposing against this have made babies even when they cant boast of 10k a month ...
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2015
eph12:
With that amount and a good manager as a wife the money should serve you and your wife well. You can probably hold on on childbirth for the meantime.
u can give birth to at least one,why hold on for what..
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Edusouls(m): 8:29am On Apr 10, 2015
naijaboiy:
So they want to wait till they receive 1million as salary first? undecided
yeess u dont blame men, the type of women we have nowadays are too materialistic...they demand hell out of the mans pocket..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Wife Says Her Libido Is Dead. / Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Nigerian Who Relocated To UK In 2022 Beat Wife To Death With Skateboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.