Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? (51318 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Marriage With A Member Of Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
thorpido:
All other house expenditure will be put into consideration of course.I said in my first post that the rent and transportation has to be put into consideration.If a couple stay in a minflat,pay rent of about N150k a year and live not far from their place of work,they will still have adequate funds to take care of a baby.The first few months,the baby can be on exclusive breastfeeding and they don't have to spend too much on diapers.

It's not my situation but i look around and see that some people wait too long to settle down and for me the advantages of starting early outweigh the disadvantages.

my guy , did u read economics in school , all u are spewing here is shocking . (exclusive) for a lady that hardly sees three square meal

believe u me , my take home is quite decent , l am (30 years+) and i'm NOT yet thinking in that direction.

i want my wife and kids to be more than comfortable
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
80k? seriously? that money can finish in my hands under 1hour

Hope u also make more than that/ hour? just asking

3 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Larriekay: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
humilitypays:
One annoying but interesting thing about nairaland is; kids, teens and grown boys/girls just come here to type whatever they feel will increase their reputation and make people rate them high, whereas in reality, it isn't like that.

80% if not 90% of Nigerians are living and raising decent family with less than 80k per month, so what are we talking about here

When will our youths stop these their greed and quest for instant material wealth Every success in life comes with time not instant!!

Most civil servants in Nigeria today earn less than 80k per month after deductions...same with bankers and even those working in big firms you hear about and even wish to be like.

At least the guy earning 80k per month won't get married as soon as he gets the work...he will have to give himself some time; say 1yr or 2 b4 getting married...and within that period, he should be able to save some money to buy a car, have a backup savings (at least 500k) which can help ease off the financial stress when he gets married.

80k per month isn't a bad income to start up a family...its just that we Nigerians of the 21st century wants to start running from the very day our mama gives birth to us, and life doesn't work that way!

To the single ladies, don't be discourage by the nonsense some people are typing here just to appear posh or big, 80k per month is enough to start a decent family, so don't wait till a guy earning 100k and above comes around to marry u because that guy earning 80k now will sure grow in his career and earns more.

The worst is not having something doing...but once a man has something legal and decent doing, and finds an understand/wise lady who agrees with him, he should get married and pray to God for growth.

To the students reading, pray that you find a job when u graduate because we have more capable hands waiting to work than jobs available...and only very few jobs pay up to 80k per month in Nigeria of today.

Remember, in career...you grow as you get more experience, and u stand higher chance of securing a bigger job when u have a relevant work experience...so to the unemployed graduates, pls don't wait for 100k per month job before u start your career...if you see 40k that will give u the opportunity of getting relevant work xprence, pls take it and start.

I started with something less than 40k a few years back and today, I have advanced beyond that...some of my friends and colleagues started with 30k, 35k, 45k and some are earning 100k, 150k, 200k. 200+ today, just after 2 - 4years of working.

Success comes with patience, positive attitude, faith, consistency and smart work....don't wait to start big, start small and aim high, God, nature and time will take u to where you belong.

Pls don't allow peoples' boastful and bragging comments on nairaland and on any social media platform discourage you from getting started in life; all fingers aren't equal...only time will tell who will be who in life.

Wish you all the best, use your wisdomsmiley
God bless u bro, I got married earning 80k. Now I have a son my earning is now 100k while my wife earns 60k and we are doing just fine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by humilitypays(m): 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Larriekay:
God bless u bro, I got married earning 80k. Now I have a son my earning is now 100k while my wife earns 60k and we are doing just fine.
God bless you too Larriekay, don't mind all these kids and rich-people-wannabes trying to form what I don't know just to appear whatever.

Most ppl commenting here were raised by parents that earned less than 50k per month...and some the cumulative income of their family is also below 80k, but they will come here to spew rubbish just to sound smart and big...while deceiving the gullible ones.

80k per month is a big income in Nigeria of today. Where are the jobs that pay 80k per month to talk of?

What matters is how the guy earning 80k per month spends his income and his vision, dream and plans...he can start up a business to add up to his salary with time...must he depend on his salary till he dies

Nigerian youths should pls wake up and stop fooling themselves!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Larriekay:

u are a strong man , that's all i can say.

really do admire ur courage
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by blakky97(m): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Herzumpther:
Exactly.

I know of somebody who receives less than 80 thousand naira and they he is married with kids.

I believe putting heads together to make the family grow is the best. If a man receives 80k and his wife 50k with good planning, the marriage will sure work.
is his wife educated?
educated women don't usually agree for such men oh.
untill they reach 40 years.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by tobaflexy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
Is ☺kα̲̅γ̲̣̣̥ Oº°˚˚˚°º jare to ♍ƺ,,,just to start somewhere nw
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by jimi4us: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.
as in backyard door or front door of a house?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by dondo83(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
there is a blessing that comes with marriage! if u earn 80k as a married man i can bet your expenditure wont be less than 150k a month and surprisingly you will be able to afford it. 4years ago when i moved back to Nigeria i was on a salary of 50k yet i spent it under 1week and still survived the whole month. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord. if my wife asks me for 1million naira now even though i dont earn that a month i still dont bother!God has a way of providing

3 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Rooneyboy:

my guy , did u read economics in school , all u are spewing here is shocking . (exclusive) for a lady that hardly sees three square meal

believe u me , i earn slightly above a quarter of a mill (30 years+) and i'm NOT yet thinking in that direction.

i want my wife and kids to be more than comfortable
It depends on what level of comfort you are talking about.There are people who earn about half a million and are still dragging their feet.It's all about priorities.
We are not talking about luxuries here but basic needs.Moreover,there are many people who will not earn half a million throughout their stay in civil service.Won't those ones marry and bear children?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
blakky97:
is his wife educated?
educated women don't usually agree for such men oh.
untill they reach 40 years.
grin grin grin

Yes she is educated.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by emmykk(m): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I still stick to my opinion. No need for back and forth fruitless arguments! Dnt give birth to kids you cnt cater for. simple!
let me give you small orientation.

You see the state civil services you hear about,even the federal civil service you hear about,most manufacturing companies,banks,insurance companies etc you hear about cirlce around the 80k average we are talking about,just inquire,except for oil,oil servicing and telecom sectors that breaks that imagine and which cannot employ every1.

The money you earn dont make make you rich but the money you saved,because the money u earn will always meet expenses that will feed on any level of money you earn.

Since is likely not going to be the same month that you were employed that you get married, you must have saved to start a side business for your wife even if she is not working.

Before the burden of a child will weigh your 80K no that is getting to more that 1 child.

Pooverty is not in the children that will birth to but remaining in that job of 80k till retirement without venturing into opportunities that are in the marketplace that is the real poverty.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
BoboYekini:
I didn't see where the OP mentioned the wife earning an additional N60k. So how did 80k become (80+60)k?
@OP, unless your wife is just coming off the bus from the village, or somehow she has millions and wants to be the one supporting you, that amount will never work. Which working city babe will even stoop to have a boyfriend who has no car, does not live in the happening parts of town, and does not follow the latest style trends? Much less a husband?
I assumed and put that figure because I expect the wife to work.I won't support such a man if the wife does not work at all.
Every lady who marries in the city marries a man with a car?How many married men in Lagos have cars?Every married couple in Lagos lives in VGC,Ikoyi,VI,Magodo and GRA?
You guys are just dealing with the high end like everyone is in that class.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by rittyben(f): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
i have a friend married with 30k salary.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by thorpido(m): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
jimi4us:
as in backyard door or front door of a house?
Don't read that literarily.

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Lexusgs430: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Depending on the lifestyle you want your family to have. Remember once marriage sets in, kids begin to roll in!!!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by blessin30289(f): 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Well to me ooo, I think 80k is manageable to start a family with. Hmmmmmm I don't knw abt u oo
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Ninilowo(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
Kikikikikikikikikikikiki................... I dey laff ooooo........ Op, tell you friend to come and sing same song after 4 yrs eh? Then he ll understand it better by and by. 80K? Sorry eh!
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Sharksblow(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
thorpido:
Some children are said to open doors.
kitchen or toilet door?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by temmym4(m): 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

Damn! how wasteful can you be? some people who made it to the top today never really had up to that amount when they started. But with time, proper planning and management, they became someone you respect today.
A man should Learn to be serious and disciplined, or else you will find out your mates have acquired a lot while you have proven to be useless. by this time it might be too late.

Money na visitor o. when it comes, be smart enough to utilise it wisely by tying down so much with it. cos when it leaves, it might not be a funny experience and its coming back might not be as easy as Seun smiling on his nairaland profile.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by bellabello(m): 9:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
Everybody is talking about salary, my believe is that ur provisions is from God,U can survive without salary if you believe in God even with 10k u can survive. Me ly salary is 10k but with God am living with my wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Godson32(m): 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:
Who we go ask?
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by temmym4(m): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
@OP If you are serious minded and disciplined, coupled with a good partner and you guys never go beyond your boundaries. then you can successfully start a family with 80k monthly.

Some families don't even earn up to that and surprisingly, you can never notice if you consider how happy and successful their marriage is.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by redcliff: 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So just because a child brightens a home, you should just bring one into the world not minding if you can cater for that child? Do you know how much you spend to ensure your child is healthy? I want a breakdown on how a man earning 80k with a wife who earns less will manage with a child plus all other expenses in the home without one aspect or other suffering.

Leave them let them bring child in with 80k salary. They would have first hand experience and tell their stories themselves
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by sam121(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
ITbomb:

I beg to disagree, a man earning 80k and a working wife should have a child (I don't mean producing each year), nothing brighten a home than a healthy child, it makes the couple eager to go back home after hustle. Another thing I hate is old age children, imagine a 50 years man still dropping his kids in Nursery school when you he should be arguing with his first son about his career choice cool

Spending on a child is relative, you don't send your child to a 300k per term school when there are other quality yet affordable school around, you don't make crunchies your child's lunch venue when a pot of soup can serve the family

U are truely a manager.....! Kudos to u...

1 Like

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
edozie04:

You need help.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by LOZENGE(m): 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:
withold child birth till wen?

What plan are you talking about when there are expenses such as rent, feeding, transportation to work place to and fro, provision/toiletries in the home, e.t.c? how will you squeeze in the expenses of a child? Except your wife earns more than you do o!! If not that, this kind manage manage life plus squeezing in a child. Haba! Na life of poverty be that now. Dnt just bring in a child to avoid begging people for money. you then become debtor. Its common sense to withhold child bearing with that kind of salary.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Divide that one by 12 is my salary which makes me lament all day..I can't even boaSt of approaching lady base on that,. I beg are needs work around lekki pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by aanueniola: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why is it that everyone is hammering on if the wife is working, what if the wife to be is not working can he still go ahead and marry.
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by IDnoble1: 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
80K na sma money? it depends on the location, 80k in a place like Ibadan is VERY okay to start a family
Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by ajbiggie(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
am presently receiving 45k as salary, did my wedding and am living with it with my wife. its all depend how u manage ur finances. I stay in Ph where food stuff are expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage With 80000 Salary Per Month? by pressplay55: 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

So why didnt the numerous children of the poor open doors for them? The numerous children homeless on the streets under bridge around the country nko? why didnt they make the parents rich overnight? Such a belief is for Naive myopic people. Its always good for us to be realistic about life. Do you know the huge chunk a single child slashes from somebody's salary? As the child grows, the expenses increase. This country is over populated already. we need serious population control.
dont allow my aboki friends here this, if not they will tranfer their hatred for mama peace to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / I'm Tired Of My Wife, What Do I Do? / My Wife Is Using Excuses To Abandon Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.