Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Buhari Live On Channels TV - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live On Channels TV (54263 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by IdomaLikita: 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Clerverly:

May the gods bless you!

Bless you too Sir!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by tit(f): 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2014
IdomaLikita:

2: Security: "The Soldiers are complaining of not having enough Weaponry despite the huge disbursements from the FG" "Nigeria would have Initiated Chad, Cameroun and Niger earlier before now"

#Strength: He won the Hearts of the Military by absolving them of blame( smart political move) and laid the blame indirectly on the Govt and Military Hqtrs for siphoning funds meant for combat! He Bolstered this assertion further by saying "Nigeria didn't borrow a Dime while fighting the Civil War, hence a $1Billion Loan is unjustifiable". This also exposes the corruption that is Sabotaging the War effort! I'll give him a 70% in this Regard

How can he win the hearts of the military of corruption when he is charging the military leadership with corruption?
Are the military chiefs not part of the military?
Are the GOCs of the 7th Division and the formation COs not still n service?
With this statement Buhari is destroying the espirit de corp of the Nigerian Armed Forces!
He is introducing distrust between the officers and men of the NA, something which President Jonathan has toiled day and night top rebuild and bolster.
Buhari has always been a destroyer, a thief, a murderer.
Recall, he destroyed the Nigerian Army in 1983 when he used it to selfishly destroy the Shagari government.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
eaglechild:

He later went ahead to say they did not have adequate weapons.

Besides, that is even a more clueless response.

His answer to every question is kworruption.

Even if you ask him how he intends to deal with kworruption, he will probably tell you it is kworruption that is preventing kworruption from being tackled..

Oboy u wan kee me with laff....hahahah

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
eaglechild:
How will you tackle insurgency?

Buhari :Hmmmmmmmm...............
Gowon did not borrow a kwobo for 30 months of the civil war.
How come they are asking for 1 billion to fight insurgency? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad angry angry angry

I mean what has that got to do with the question?

He had no good response so he decided to use defence mechanism being attack of course

Neither that man or gej will be sworn in come 2015.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2014

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Goddex:
Very bad accent
My wife just asked if his own fulani is different from that of El-Rufai, Atiku and Sanusi
In general, most Nigerians are hard to understand and their phonetics is usually terrible. Plus, Nigerians speak very aggressively. At least, he's very soft spoken and although kind of hard to understand sometimes, he doesn't make grammatical errors like a certain PhD holder and his illiterate wife that laughably claims to be a University graduate.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
Bant:
"Vote for the man who promises least; he'll be least disappointing." - Bernard Baruch

A very short statement loaded with wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by ameer2: 11:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
For change to happen in dis country.we need nt only a democratian bt also an authoratarian....buhari is d only left choice nw...Nigerians,choose wisely

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Scout60(m): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2014
berem:
please stop crying! Save your tears for 2015 when Jonathan will be kicked out!
Stop attacking him.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Scout60(m): 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
laimo:
This is of public knowledge.That funds for military equipments and weapons are diverted.
Oh!that's not corruption. It's 'common stealing,common stealing' and 'stealing state funds is not corruption'.
Jonathan is the pdp president who singlehandedly redefined corruption.Because jonathan can not agree jonathan is corruption personified. Jonathan only steals. Pdp selling Nigerians cheap since 1999.

State fund.....
Have gej become d governor of ur state

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by acenazt: 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
Goddex:
Very bad accent
My wife just asked if his own fulani is different from that of El-Rufai, Atiku and Sanusi
different educational backgrounds and Hausa has different accents too. his is the Deeper one and its affecting his English.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by staymore: 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
shift15:
Seun Okinbaloye (Channels) : What is your believe about Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Major Gen. Buhari : My party will decide.....

‪#‎mypartywilldecide‬
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 07, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by staymore: 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
eaglechild:

How come they are asking for 1 billion to fight insurgency? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sad sad angry angry angry

I really

You mean Buhari actually said all this? Then, it is the greatest show of the year.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by idumuose(m): 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2014
My comment on Buhari and Atiku will be put on hold until this wednesday when APC will hold presidential primaries.Whenever APC through their lying Mohammed tell us that it did not zone the presidency to the north,i can't help but laugh.

Why is there no yoruba man contesting for APC presidential primaries? A look at the contestants and their geographical leanings will reveal very clearly that it has been zoned to the north.

Kwankwaso - Kano (North)

Nda Isaiah - Kaduna (north)

Atiku - Adamawa (North)

Buhari - Katsina (North)

Okorocha is the only candidate from the south.

This born to rule mentality which APC is promoting must be stopped

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by dagr8oy: 12:00am On Dec 08, 2014
gregg2:

Liar!!! You are not watching
The man looks so dull and unintelligent

Sm pple call Gej clueless.....i dnt knw wat to call GMB bcs in dis present 9aija, i dnt think he is good enof to govern a state nt to talk of the whole nation. He was TOTALLY clueless & lackd ideas in d way he respondd to questions

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Adminisher: 12:02am On Dec 08, 2014
chesterlee:
This Niggurrr is too old to rule this nation abeg

He lacks the style, swagg and Aura...he should go n rest joor!

Is it GEJ that has style? . I watched part of the interview and i score him a B. I have also watched him on the very difficult BBCHardtalk some years back when the western world was gaga about Obj, i scored him an A for taking on and answering tough questions with grace and courage.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Dreambeat: 12:04am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:

Even if Gowon did not borrow to execute the civil war,the question was how he would tackle the insurgency if he was in Jonathan's shoe. Why compare 1967 with 2014.Tell us what you would do in 2014 not 1967. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OAM4J: 12:32am On Dec 08, 2014
Iroh88:
Buhari's mantra is that he'd fight corruption to a standstill and most Nigerians have faith in him to keep that promise. Fix the scourge of corruption and you effectively fix 80%, or more, of our problems. What is was/is Jonathan's mantra?? "I had no shoes"!! How in God's gracious name is that our problem Has shoelesness or "shoefulness" ever been a factor in determining how a country is governed

Buhari towers over and above anything our present crop of politicians have to offer. At this point in our national life, we can ill afford any further deterioration in our economic indices especially as regards government's probity and fight against corruption.

Buhari is simply the man for the Job!

I believe there are better politicians in APC for the job but for the fact that Buhari has a large followership from his zone that many of those better candidates cannot boast of, those Buhari's followers will not even bother or need to watch any interview or debate involving him as their mind is made up on him. And politics is a game of number.

I agree more with the comment by Matthewbriggs below especially the bold:

Matthewbriggs:

We need the former general to be on more interviews, if possible debates. That would be cool, Nigerians need to know that His supporters are way smarter than who they are supporting.

Afraid of been caught... I am more afraid of the fact that, that he is not a master strategist with a deep understand of Nigerians economy, he does not have a clear cut strategy on ground ... just his fight against corruption mantra.

I like his stance on corruption, I am confident he would do his best to fight corruption if elected president, But the fact is he would be not be effective in fighting corruption reason been that he sounds to me like someone who detest democracy and thus may find it difficult adjusting, coupled with the fact that he does not strike me as a very good strategist ... He thinks linearly ... in one direction.

Watch Fashola speak and you'll understand where I am coming from. Fashola is a technocrat.

I will find it easy to support a Buhari/Fashola ticket. Because I know Fashola would be the brains, while he would be the muscle and moral compass. anything less is a disaster.

APC should ensure Buhari wins the primaries and pair him with Fashola
... because the rest of the other candidates are nothing to write home about.

I just hope APC will not sell off their best pair for the fair the 'Muslim-Muslim' campaign their distractors are using against them.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OAM4J: 12:37am On Dec 08, 2014
idumuose:
My comment on Buhari and Atiku will be put on hold until this wednesday when APC will hold presidential primaries.Whenever APC through their lying Mohammed tell us that it did not zone the presidency to the north,i can't help but laugh.

Why is there no yoruba man contesting for APC presidential primaries? A look at the contestants and their geographical leanings will reveal very clearly that it has been zoned to the north.

Kwankwaso - Kano (North)

Nda Isaiah - Kaduna (north)

Atiku - Adamawa (North)

Buhari - Katsina (North)

Okorocha is the only candidate from the south.

This born to rule mentality which APC is promoting must be stopped

What born to rule mentality? Since 1999 till now we have had southern men in charge for most of the years. How better are we? I think the present mentality of 'na our son, even though he his bad, he must continue to rule' is more dangerous for the country at this time.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 08, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 08, 2014

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by maestroferddi: 1:00am On Dec 08, 2014
Gen Buhari is a distinguished Nigeria who has earned my respect by his candour.

Nonetheless, I don't think he is still cut to be president in this present time and season.

I was just pitying him as he gave belaboured answers to what were otherwise routine questions. His answers were generally canned and annoyingly off-key.

What are the strategies for fighting corruption that wouldn't compromise the corporate indivisibility of Nigeria? Or are you going to put a gun to the heads of the disparate entities that constitute this nation so as to muzzle them to submission or whip them into line?

These are some of the questions Buhari should better start answering and not proffering mechanical rejoinders and giving one-approach-fits-all-problems submissions.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by aljharem(m): 1:52am On Dec 08, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Presenter: How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price

Buhari: first we will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

Very clueless response. Pray how does Buhari stabilize the oil market.

By going to OPEC and asking Aregbesola to head the committee. LOOOOL grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nmeri17: 2:08am On Dec 08, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Presenter: How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price

Buhari: first we will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

Very clueless response. Pray how does Buhari stabilize the oil market.

please forgive the general embarassed the word "diversification of economy" is too large a vocabulary. his brain capacity at this age cannot afford to store such big grammar sad

I see u ceo4eva hehehe baddest guy wink

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Demdem(m): 3:07am On Dec 08, 2014
I Av seen the clips and i must confess that the General did well.
His response on corruption, muslim-muslim ticket, religious fundamentalist etc basically all were apt and concise.
Above all, when compared to the fool that doesn't give a damn who claimed stealing isn't corruption, this surely is no brainer.
Jonathan remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation. The fool must be booted out.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by jaso1(m): 4:40am On Dec 08, 2014
IdomaLikita:
I watched the Interview and I'd rate him 70%
His Answers were Simple and he chose his words carefully since he knows Nigerians are watching keenly to twist his words against him!

1. Corruption: "Other Sectors will take time to contribute significantly to our GDP, hence we should prioritize Stabilizing Oil Prices and Plugging Wastage from top to bottom while waiting for other sectors to mature"

#Strength: For christ sake, isn't that what prominent economists have been saying all the while?? Plug wastage, reduce cost of governance, diversify(while will not mature any time soon) and use our position in OPEC to stabilize Oil prices(which is fairly stable now)! His ability to summarize this is Simple terms earns him a 60%

#Weakness; His Inability to use technical terms and quote figures cost him 40%

2: Security: "The Soldiers are complaining of not having enough Weaponry despite the huge disbursements from the FG" "Nigeria would have Initiated Chad, Cameroun and Niger earlier before now"

#Strength: He won the Hearts of the Military by absolving them of blame( smart political move) and laid the blame indirectly on the Govt and Military Hqtrs for siphoning funds meant for combat! He Bolstered this assertion further by saying "Nigeria didn't borrow a Dime while fighting the Civil War, hence a $1Billion Loan is unjustifiable". This also exposes the corruption that is Sabotaging the War effort! I'll give him a 70% in this Regard

#Weakness: The Government is already implementing some of his suggestions though late, thus requiring the need for brand new ideas which he lacked! He lost 30% there!

3. Flexibility: "I cannot work outside the Decision of my Party", "I signed the Undertaking..."

#Strength: it shows he is willing to work as a team with others who may not share similar Ideals as his! That shows Team spirit and and ability to defer to the Decisions of the Party Hierarchy! For a Man who has been seen as an Autocrat! I think he has proven his skeptics wrong! I give him a 100% in this regard

#Weakness: None!

4. Patriotic: "I do not regret truncating the Shagari Regime"
I think that was his finest moment! Any Admission of regret would have automatically ended his political career!

#Strength: 'Democracy is not an avenue to destroy institutions and watch unprecedented Stealing"! The events in Egypt, Thailand, Burkina Faso and soon Togo all vindicate him! He values State institutions much more than anything and would do anything necessary to protect it!
(This is the reason why Sisi and Zida still enjoy 90% popularity in their countries despite toppling democratic regimes)! I score him an 60% in this regard!

#Weakness: He should have used events in other countries and the antecedents of his era to back his assertion! He would have used the opportunity to brag about his achievements within his 18month rule as against the Shagari regime! It cost him 40%

The Man looked kinda Frail though!

Wish him the Best!

You are the only one with more sensible digestion and analysis here.
The only problem facing the nation is corruption and if somebody admitted stealing is not corruption ii wonder what some fools think in their brain.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Iroh88(m): 6:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I will fix corruption mantra is not enough. because this is not a military government where he can easily impose his will on every body and give declarations that everyone would be scampering to obey. This is democracy where his powers would be very much in check by legions of corrupt officials who can easily undermine him and understand the game of democracy more than he does.

To fix corruption you need to be strategist, having the desire to fix Nigeria is not good enough you need to have the required smartness, the required sagacity to deliver on that promise. I doubt he has that sagacity looking at this interview and the fact that he has no solid track record in a democratic setting or in the business world that can stand for him ...

Moreover I wish him well in his primaries.
He doesn't have to "impose his will" my brother, all he would do is "impose the law"!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by LagosBoi2(m): 6:10am On Dec 08, 2014
If APC should field a 12yr old boy or someone with down syndrome, I will vote him over the clueless, stealing is not corruption otueke phd holder with a missle shooting wife

#respect to those with syndrome#

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Ikengawo: 6:21am On Dec 08, 2014
Clerverly:

Your brain is rather too dull to comprehend his message!

It's only in Nigeria that someone, of all the pictures of Buhari, will use this picture

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1923601_img20141207203139_jpeg7463c9cf44ce7d0cfc644ba839c2eff7

to promote him as a candidate....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 08, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
I think buhari supporters sound more smarter than buhari him self. I arrived late at the interview but the much I watched. I was not impressed. He is really over hyped. Lacks charisma, has no strong understanding of the economy and really not eloquent as hyped.

He only mantra is I will kick corruption out, something that would be even more difficult feat to achieve in a democratic government where his powers are seriously in check.

I really wish APC could give us Fashola. He is the smartest and the best APC has got, with a proving track record of managing a complex state as lagos ... a state that is a melting point of people of all ethinc group and religion. Even tho he has his weakness ... He is better.

Nigeria needs a technocrat at the helm of affairs not a politician. We need someone who have a very deep understanding of how the economy works.

The very best they can do for us in this condition is to make Fashola his running mate anything less than that would be disaster. I would personally campaign against him in the little way I can if Fashola is not his running mate

Hi pal.
In as much as I have no issue with you and your opinion....

@bolded.

I won't argue tha fashola didn't do a great job in lagos. But don't forget, buhari has once ruled and managed nigeria

My point: buhari will do better because he has experience of the PresidentialSeat.

And regarding the way he was answering?
C'mon pal. With the way the media is looking for the slightest opportunity to twist his words, you sure would advice him to talk less and go straight to the point.

#peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2023 Elections Vs June 12, 1993 Elections - Daily Trust / The Toilet At Nigerian High Commmission In London. Photo By Victor Asemota / Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.