Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Buhari Live On Channels TV - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live On Channels TV (54254 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chamboy(m): 9:47am On Dec 08, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Buhari not only looked dull or sounded dulll but his logic fell flat on as dull.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck chances are that it is a frigging duck.

This man has neither the necessary academic qualifications, charisma or mindset to lead us in this millinelium.
What is Leadership?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2014
Iroh88:
You guys should zip it already!! When he was busy moving from state to state promising to fix things most notably "electricity" in four years was he a magician Now that he seems to have failed suddenly you want to excuse him for not being a magician...

PDP Logic.

Like I said, you guys have no idea what goes on in this country. What has GEJ not done to solve the problem of electricity or you think that going against the powers that be is an easy feat to achieve.

The first time he made a move against them by removing the fuel subsidy through which the looted billions of naira, didn't people like you support them by unclothing yourself and dancing around carrying your papas coffin on the head claiming it is GEJ while dancing to terry g akpako performance in the name of protest, after that clear support you showed for those people, you want him to still go against them knowing that people like you will still support them.

The epileptic power problem in Nigeria is a gold mine to some very powerful people both of which are in the ruling party and in the opposition and if you think they will allow Nigeria have 247 power supply and close down their gold mine, then you are on journey of no return. Even in the USA, Obama can not do anything he likes, he can't go against the powers that be in his country, the man JFK that tried it, how did he end up? Do you wonder why America is involved in every war on planet earth? go figure that out.

If you think that been President is all that is required to turn Nigeria around, then you are very very mistaken. Have you ever asked yourself why is that whenever there is a major event in Nigeria which people would like to watch there wont be power supply?

The Chance to fix Nigeria for better was mixed in 1967 after the north throwed the aburi accord away since it won't favor their corrupt elites, since then corruption has been grown, nurtured and right now it is one of the foundations of Nigeria and you can't pull it out easily without scattering this country.

It has become a daily part of us whether we like it or not. We breath in corruption and breath it out and it didn't start under GEJ, you can't get anything done in Nigeria today without greasing someones hand. Is no longer a matter of choice, it is a MUST.

You pay to get admission for your kids into the university even though they passed both jamb and aptitude test.

Students write exams and merit an A score but the lecturer won't give it to them until they greases his palm or open their legs for him.

You go to the police to report a crime and they will request for money before the follow it up.

You go to your LGA to request for a document which is supposed to be free yet you are asked to bribe one official or the other.

You decide to travel outside Nigeria, at the airport you will keep greasing the palms of one officer to the other even though your documents are complete or else they will delay you for one frivolous reason or the other until you miss your flight.

The only solution to END all this nonsense is not by voting in apc or voting out pdp. the status quo will still remain regardless of who is in power. Nigerians need to drop tribalism, over zealous religion and take to the street in a form of revolution. Sack all the current politicians from A-Z, hausa, igbo, youroba, e.t.c and then develop a new people orientated constitution without intervention from foreign interests, then we can start talking about the Nigeria of our dreams but can we do that?

NO, because these same people holding over 170 million Nigerians hostage using tribalism and religion will still whip up tribal and religious sentiments and we will end up killing each other while they continue their looting.

Do you know why people support GEJ? reason is in the last 40 to 50years, Goodluck Jonathan has been the best amongst many that has emerged as Nigeria's President. Can you list down past presidents that has achieved more than what GEJ has achieved within the last 4years as President of Nigeria.

32 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2014
Umunede:
Please APC give us Fashola. We don't need this man.
gbam .... I think this should be APC s best option.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:52am On Dec 08, 2014
MY OPINION ON BUHARI'S INTERVIEW IN SUMMARY:

• Buhari needs to brush up on the act of public speaking and try to come out from his shell a bit: According to OBJ's description of GMB to be a 'tarciturn' in his book NOT MY WILL; he also described GMB to be a man of integrity who does what he's work diligently without much noise. If you understand who a taciturn is, you would then understand why he was giving brief answers to most questions. I think the General should learn how to communicate his goals better

• Everyone is IMPORTANT in these National development: To me, the two main problem of our country is corruption and over-reliance on oil. Without corruption being eradicated or reduced to its barest minimum..every manifesto made is on a 'sinking sand'! We understand that GMB has or is famed for his ZERO tolerance on corruption. Also, in the past GMB was responsible for establishing 2 of our major oil refineries..what condition are the four today Our past leaders have all failed to repair them and hence allow greedy oil marketers to profit on our collective resource...Should GMB be elected and put them back in top shape, isn't it going to be credit to his government?? I saw some comments that 'he doesn't understand the problems of Nigeria' and bla bla bla...I want to ask you these question..those that 'understood' ALL the problems of our country eg OBJ, did he succeed in solving ANYONE?? Yar'Adua failed because he attempted tackling 7 MAJOR projects in a single tenure! The Dude has told us what he would do and do it well, we are here saying its not enough! If elected, his govt. Can be known to tackle corruption,Insurgency and petroleum sector transformation..the next govt would tackle power or Education or Health as priorities..that's how other developed countries did..Or do you think America arrived @ their present state in 4 years or 8years.

• Finally, Buhari deserves to lay the foundation stone to a greater Nigeria: Like I said earlier, without corruption been tackled, we won't enjoy the dividends of our democracy, and for one to fight corruption in Nigeria, you need to be ruthless..cos you would be stepping on some ugly toes. One of such toe being that off IBB...An enemy to IBB is indirectly a 'friend' of Nigeria. GEJ has proven to be good friend of IBB and major looters of our collective commonwealth! GMB's govt in '83 was famed for working with skilled technocrats such as General Domkat Bali(Defence), Idiagbon, Prof Tam David west (Finance) and etc.
Hopefully, his cabinet members in 2015 won't dissappoint if elected; a Buhari/Fashola or Oshiomhole would certainly bring back the memories of Buhari/Idiagbon..and I stand to be corrected, that it's the famous govt Nigeria ever had since 1914.

My fellow Nlanders, I do not expect you all to agree with me..cos we as humans have rights to our own sentiments and natural inclinations; but someone still has to lay the foundation stone of a greater Nigeria of which other successive govt would build on and that person is no one but GMB..thanks

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2014
atlwireles:
This man just killed himself, he has no respect for democracy. Listen to scorn, he just showed for the second republic.
yes , I agree with you just as many Nigerians too dont hve respect for democracy , he said plainly so should you be stealing because it is democracy . this just says it us why he got no respect for either military or democracy.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Are you sorry for bringing Shagari government to an end?
Why should i be sorry, i have given my reasons for doing that.

But that is a democratic government you ended.

So if it is a democracy they should be allowed to destroy institutions, destroy........bla bla......

This man sounds like a jihadist...
In all fairness he seems dangerous
yes , like so many institutions are currently being destroyed.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by taharqa: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2014
Bwahahahahahahahaha..... grin grin

Breezee blow, fowl yansh open yakata..lol grin

...and to tink I came late to da pari

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2014
gboss4sure:

Like I said, you guys have no idea what goes on in this country. What has GEJ not done to solve the problem of electricity or you think that going against the powers that be is an easy feat to achieve.

The first time he made a move against them by removing the fuel subsidy through which the looted billions of naira, didn't people like you support them by unclothing yourself and dancing around carrying your papas coffin on the head claiming it is GEJ while dancing to terry g akpako performance in the name of protest, after that clear support you showed for those people, you want him to still go against them knowing that people like you will still support them.

The epileptic power problem in Nigeria is a gold mine to some very powerful people both of which are in the ruling party and in the opposition and if you think they will allow Nigeria have 247 power supply and close down their gold mine, then you are on journey of no return. Even in the USA, Obama can not do anything he likes, he can't go against the powers that be in his country, the man JFK that tried it, how did he end up? Do you wonder why America is involved in every war on planet earth? go figure that out.

If you think that been President is all that is required to turn Nigeria around, then you are very very mistaken. Have you ever asked yourself why is that whenever there is a major event in Nigeria which people would like to watch there wont be power supply?

The Chance to fix Nigeria for better was mixed in 1967 after the north throwed the aburi accord away since it won't favor their corrupt elites, since then corruption has been grown, nurtured and right now it is one of the foundations of Nigeria and you can't pull it out easily without scattering this country.

It has become a daily part of us whether we like it or not. We breath in corruption and breath it out and it didn't start under GEJ, you can't get anything done in Nigeria today without greasing someones hand. Is no longer a matter of choice, it is a MUST.

You pay to get admission for your kids into the university even though they passed both jamb and aptitude test.

Students write exams and merit an A score but the lecturer won't give it to them until they greases his palm or open their legs for him.

You go to the police to report a crime and they will request for money before the follow it up.

You go to your LGA to request for a document which is supposed to be free yet you are asked to bribe one official or the other.

You decide to travel outside Nigeria, at the airport you will keep greasing the palms of one officer to the other even though your documents are complete or else they will delay you for one frivolous reason or the other until you miss your flight.

The only solution to END all this nonsense is not by voting in apc or voting out pdp. the status quo will still remain regardless of who is in power. Nigerians need to drop tribalism, over zealous religion and take to the street in a form of revolution. Sack all the current politicians from A-Z, hausa, igbo, youroba, e.t.c and then develop a new people orientated constitution without intervention from foreign interests, then we can start talking about the Nigeria of our dreams but can we do that?

NO, because these same people holding over 170 million Nigerians hostage using tribalism and religion will still whip up tribal and religious sentiments and we will end up killing each other while they continue their looting.

Do you know why people support GEJ? reason is in the last 40 to 50years, Goodluck Jonathan has been the best amongst many that has emerged as Nigeria's President. Can you list down past presidents that has achieved more than what GEJ has achieved within the last 4years as President of Nigeria.
Absolute balderdash!!

@bolded,what has Jonathan achieved for Nigeria especially the southeast where you come from? You sa...TAN.....ists are blind followers of Jonathan and despicable human beings.

Twaaaahhh!!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2014
chamboy:
Y Can't FG take measure to Dealing with the mismanagement happening in the Sectors instead of privatising..

Lemme Give u one Example of how this Government makes this Privatisation their own gain.. do u know 1004 Homes VI used to b Government Owned but cos of maintenance, FG sold it
..They sold it to who OBJ... OBJ killed 1004 homes, Stole our money n use it to buy Government Property.

Unfortunately the only people that can buy these govt assets are the same bastards that mismanaged them and run them down as well.

But do not hold brief for those evil servants that lost their jobs. They were complicit in the mismanagement of these companies whether by deliberate commission or omission.

Take the wage bill of NITEL for example. There were more ghost workers than genuine staff on the monthly payroll and this was reflected in their pensions as well. The contracts within NITEL were executed by a clique of self serving staff and politicians with no benefit to the organization or Nigerian customer.

NITEL claimed to have 50,000 phone lines but their monthly revenue could not pay salaries.

There was also sharp practices like line cloning, exorbitant billings and all sundry crap that if MTN tried that nonsense today you can bet that their telecom masts will first be destroyed by irate customers before disconnecting from them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by olyg: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2014
APC APC APC IF YOU DO NOT GIVE US BUHARI.SOPPY PARTY YOU HAVE LOOSE THE ELECTION.THERE IS NO NEED FOR OTHER ASPIRANT TO CONTEST because PDP WILL WIN.THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT CAN DEFEAT PDP IS GENERAL BUHARI.MR OYEGUN,ASIWAJU BOLA TINUBU PLS SPEAK TO YOUR DELEGATE TO VOTE HIM AT THE PRIMARIES.HE IS THE ONLY ASPIRANT THAT CAN DO YOUR PARTY GOOD.BUHARI IS THE ANSWER FOR APC TO TAKE OVER GOVERNMENT.SAI BUHARI

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by major466(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Shatap with your nonsense corruption mantra.

This is the only rhetoric you dunces and your daft general keep regurgitating.

The key to fighting corruption is reducing govt role to that of a regulatory body.

And that calls for govt hands of directly in the economy (oil sector ) and promotion of private ventures.

The only main corruption cases we will then have is not looting of state funds but tax evasion.

You mumu.
The only card played by APC is Kworoption. Nothing more. How they will tackle it when majority of them are classical example of corruption itself is still a mystery they themselves don't have the answer.
Buhari up till now is still behaving like a military man that he was since when he joined the military. How will he operate in a democracy he declared war on 31 years ago? How will he fight Kworoption in a democratic dispensation without wielding the Dictator power he did as a military dictator? Does he think he can go around dishing orders, arresting and jailing people for the slightest rumor of corruption allegations? Will he order the arrest of National Assembly members and jail them because he think they're kworopt? Will he push for the investigation of individuals like Atiku, Tinubu, OBJ, IBB, Adulsalam Abubakar, and himself for corruption? How can he even fight the only thing he knows (Kworoption) after making a statement like this: Sani Abacha was not corrupt?
For goodness sake this is the 21st century, not 18th century. If Buhari believes that only by becoming President he can eradicate corruption and do it within a short period of time then I can confidently say that he doesn't know the real problem of Nigeria. He's complete oblivious to the real challenge facing this country right from 1960 to date. You can solve what you don't know.
Buhari belong to the stone age. We need a 21st century software to ship Nigeria, not an old operating system that is already out of commission.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by MEILYN(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

A very short statement loaded with wisdom
I miss this guy, No Homo..... Oh boy e don tey ooo
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 08, 2014
tuborme:

His automobile policy is on point, the agric policy is on point...i eat corn all year round. We have our rice here and power is privatised now. Railways are on track.
in all sincerity pls answer , will you buy those cars , will you use the present rail system in Nigeria .... this is 2014 not 1960.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by BetaThings: 9:59am On Dec 08, 2014
rozayx5:
the Nigeria he met then has changed a lot from what we have now, he wont be able to take decisions as he wishes in a democracy, I just hope he has ordered his container of handkerchiefs for next year wink
Yees, now Tompolo can forbid Jonathan from visiting the Niger Delta
The needs of most people in Nigeria remain food, shelter and clothing and be protected from danger as they go about their duties

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2014
obi4eze:
Can GEJ be interviewed like this by a privately -owned broadcasting agency? He won't stand it.
oh yes , one reason I am not his fan , he has lost touch with the masses . OBJ ,had series of interviews in his time . I can count the number of times GEJ had been interviewed.
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by toblosky(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2014
All hail Nigeria everlasting presidential candidate: contested 1999,2003,2007,2011.will contest 2015,2019,2023,2027 and from grave will contest 2031,.....,.......,......No hard feelings, even we all wish him Goodluck come 2015 grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by rigarmortis: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2014
laimo:
This is of public knowledge.That funds for military equipments and weapons are diverted.
Oh!that's not corruption. It's 'common stealing,common stealing' and 'stealing state funds is not corruption'.
Jonathan is the pdp president who singlehandedly redefined corruption.Because jonathan can not agree jonathan is corruption personified. Jonathan only steals. Pdp selling Nigerians cheap since 1999.

you guys don't know half of what is happening, do you know that armoured tanks, with impregnable surface and missile detectors have been bought and delivered about 3 weeks ago?.....and more are on the way?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by olyg: 10:01am On Dec 08, 2014
YES GMB IS THE RIGHT MAN

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by muktarmtt(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Goddex:
Very bad accent
My wife just asked if his own fulani is different from that of El-Rufai, Atiku and Sanusi
talking about accent did a GEJ nd PEJ get speak gud English talkless of gud accent wat matters is he spoke a gud English nd people understand so dat all we need so keep working on ur accent since u try to impress white man
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chamboy(m): 10:01am On Dec 08, 2014
gboss4sure:

Nice one Bro,,, Buh me. N U know that revolution would b hard

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nctrice(m): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2014
shift15:
Seun Okinbaloye (Channels) : What is your believe about Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Major Gen. Buhari : My party will decide.....

‪#‎mypartywilldecide‬
this is the only Answer he could give to Nigerians concerning the most controversial issue surrounding his party?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by BetaThings: 10:02am On Dec 08, 2014
majekdom2:
gbam .... I think this should be APC s best option.
Arsenal now wants to select team for Chelsea!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2014
disloman:
U PDP r so f00lish stu pid.U xpected him to say he will stop oil business n focus on other sources of revenue?He's clear on what to do n he is right.1St thing is sanitise d oil sector n make good use of d revenue generated.Agriculture can't instantly overtake oil as source. Of revenue.Buhari is right there.It takes wise one to understand wise one.
I wonder ooo brother , we keep hearing oil is not enough to take care of Nigerians .... let the oil take care of the ones it can first and lets see if the ones it took care of wont take care of others ,.Now the CBN governor too is shouting diversification like we will see the result next month. the nation had been diversified long time , these ediots are just using this word to decieve Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by muktarmtt(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Dreambeat:
I don't have any party affiliation but is he the best APC can present?He is as uncharismatic as the incumbent and he looks too old and frail undecided
if dat is d case Mandela will never rule south Africa nd d present president is young wat did u get b being him young bside being in hardship of corruption and insecurity
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Your case is the same as that of the Minister of Power who believes our epileptic power supply is the handiwork of demons.
gboss4sure:

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by muktarmtt(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Behold our next president of federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by yorke1: 10:06am On Dec 08, 2014
Buhari the clueless one. I just hope Buhari wins the primary. I am very certain it will be a walk over for GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by lilmax(m): 10:06am On Dec 08, 2014
There will be digging of posts from this thread by February 2015 I can't wait grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chamboy(m): 10:07am On Dec 08, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Unfortunately the only people that can buy these govt assets are the same bastards that mismanaged them and run them down as well.

But do not hold brief for those evil servants that lost their jobs. They were complicit in the mismanagement of these companies whether by deliberate commission or omission.

Take the wage bill of NITEL for example. There were more ghost workers than genuine staff on the monthly payroll and this was reflected in their pensions as well. The contracts within NITEL were executed by a clique of self serving staff and politicians with no benefit to the organization or Nigerian customer.

NITEL claimed to have 50,000 phone lines but their monthly revenue could not pay salaries.

There was also sharp practices like line cloning, exorbitant billings and all sundry crap that if MTN tried that nonsense today you can bet that their telecom masts will first be destroyed by irate customers before disconnecting from them.

Nigga we are saying the same thing na, So to u which is the best Government Fight Against Mismanagement n Embezzlement or Privatisation
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by BetaThings: 10:08am On Dec 08, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

Shatap with your nonsense corruption mantra.

This is the only rhetoric you dunces and your daft general keep regurgitating.

The key to fighting corruption is reducing govt role to that of a regulatory body.

And that calls for govt hands of directly in the economy (oil sector ) and promotion of private ventures.

The only main corruption cases we will then have is not looting of state funds but tax evasion.
You mumu.

So what if the regulator is corrupt?
Will the government not award contracts for hospitals, roads, airports etc?
Even if you use PPP, a corrupt regulator will sign a bad PPP agreement!
I hope you are aware that the DG of NERC has not been able to control the privatised electricity companies
Tariff is up, power supply is down
Several months ago MTN was directed by NCC to increase the tariff on super saver fom 10k/s to 15k/s
In order to bring it in line with other operators
Please spare us
BTW - where is Maina of the police pension scam

Corruption makes a country ineffective because the officials look for private gain rather than public good

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chamboy(m): 10:12am On Dec 08, 2014
gboss4sure:

Gboss I have make many plans for that revolution... It might start after GEJ is re-elected or when anoda Government voted for fails after three years..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Buhari seeking to be a democratically elected president says
| why should i be sorry for toppling a democratically elected government....

What this means is if given the chance he will do it again.

On a muslim-muslim ticket
|my party will decide

So you have no independent views to share

Why did you sign an undertaking?
|my party said so

Did they also tell you stage manage a bomb blast?

How will you tackle insurgency?
|Gowon did not borrow a kobo during the civil war and they are asking for 1 billion to tackle insurgency.

My goodness this is so off key i think a psych evaluation is necessary

How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price
|We will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

You know zilch about the economy or English language or both.
He is simply asking you how you intend to diversify the economy.

with russia's diversified economy are they not still having a tough time , yes we know part of it is beause of the sanctions , this should make you understand if there is no market for your diversified economy , your diversity is just a waste , is there any market for your rail and automobile industry .... cant you guys think properly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

PDP Senators Now Inside NASS (See Photos) / Obiano Chased Out Of Fagge campaign venue In Onitsha (video) / Hoodlums Loot Senator Gershom Bassey's Family House In Calabar, Set It Ablaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.