Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,075 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Buhari Live On Channels TV - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Live On Channels TV (54265 Views)

APC Youth Forum With Buhari-live Pictures / Muhammadu Buhari Live – How Impressed Was I ? / Buhari Live In Lagos (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2014
idumuose:
My comment on Buhari and Atiku will be put on hold until this wednesday when APC will hold presidential primaries.Whenever APC through their lying Mohammed tell us that it did not zone the presidency to the north,i can't help but laugh.

Why is there no yoruba man contesting for APC presidential primaries? A look at the contestants and their geographical leanings will reveal very clearly that it has been zoned to the north.

Kwankwaso - Kano (North)

Nda Isaiah - Kaduna (north)

Atiku - Adamawa (North)

Buhari - Katsina (North)

Okorocha is the only candidate from the south.

This born to rule mentality which APC is promoting must be stopped
Who prevented others from contesting?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2014
LagosBoi2:
If APC should field a 12yr old boy or someone with down syndrome, I will vote him over the clueless, stealing is not corruption otueke phd holder with a missle shooting wife

#respect to those with syndrome#
Same here. I will prefer to even vote a non living thing than this uninspiring and unintelligent gej

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 08, 2014
Iroh88:
Buhari's mantra is that he'd fight corruption to a standstill and most Nigerians have faith in him to keep that promise. Fix the scourge of corruption and you effectively fix 80%, or more, of our problems. What is was/is Jonathan's mantra?? "I had no shoes"!! How in God's gracious name is that our problem Has shoelesness or "shoefulness" ever been a factor in determining how a country is governed

Buhari towers over and above anything our present crop of politicians have to offer. At this point in our national life, we can ill afford any further deterioration in our economic indices especially as regards government's probity and fight against corruption.

Buhari is simply the man for the Job!
This same scourge of corruption which has not been fixed since 1960 will suddenly be fixed in 4 years? Even this same Buhari as maximum ruler could not fix this scourge. He was booted out by his fellow corrupt army officers. So what has change that made you feel corruption will be stamped out this time?

You guys just keep deceiving yourselves.

What Nigeria needs now is restructuring and not some Messiah who will turn stick to snake. The current structure of Nigeria is corruption itself. so talking about fighting corruption without changing the structure of Nigeria is going on wild goose chase

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

This same scourge of corruption which has not been fixed since 1960 will suddenly be fixed in 4 years? Even this same Buhari as maximum ruler could not fix this scourge. He was booted out by his fellow corrupt army officers. So what has change that made you feel corruption will be stamped out this time?

You guys just keep deceiving yourselves.

What Nigeria needs now is restructuring and not some Messiah who will turn stick to snake. The current structure of Nigeria is corruption itself. so talking about fighting corruption without changing the structure of Nigeria is going on wild goose chase
don't tell me that after six years Jonathan could not restructure Nigeria. What a monumental failure he is! shocked

Nigeria needs Buhari,Buhari is Nigeria's messiah!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Some people say that you are a religious bigot, what do you have to say about that? grin grin grin grin

It cannot be true because the military is secular and i rose through the ranks to become a general undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided sad

WOW! Really. Was that the best answer you could cook up?

grin grin grin grin grin. Buhari just Like APC has nothing better to offer than PDP is offering. The truth is APC is just a copy and paste of PDP but the copied the worst criminals and changed their name to progressives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Presenter: How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price

Buhari: first we will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

Very clueless response. Pray how does Buhari stabilize the oil market.

The HOPE of the hausa/fulani people lays on OIL only. Oil wey no belong to them. Buhari stabilize oil market which he doesn't control? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin. This man no get anything for brain sha.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 08, 2014
Clerverly:

At your age, you are still living with your mother! no wonder you reason like a kid!

Kid, Buhari don disappoint you?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:57am On Dec 08, 2014
idumuose:
My comment on Buhari and Atiku will be put on hold until this wednesday when APC will hold presidential primaries.Whenever APC through their lying Mohammed tell us that it did not zone the presidency to the north,i can't help but laugh.

Why is there no yoruba man contesting for APC presidential primaries? A look at the contestants and their geographical leanings will reveal very clearly that it has been zoned to the north.

Kwankwaso - Kano (North)

Nda Isaiah - Kaduna (north)

Atiku - Adamawa (North)

Buhari - Katsina (North)

Okorocha is the only candidate from the south.

This born to rule mentality which APC is promoting must be stopped
You are confused. You claim APC is promoting the "born to rule mentality" of the north, how come Rochas Okorocha, an Igbo southerner is in the race?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 08, 2014
APC better field another person so that they won't blame their defeat in few months time on Buhari but they wont because APC was founded with the sole purpose of giving power back to the north.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Dreambeat: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2014
Adminisher:

Is it GEJ that has style? . I watched part of the interview and i score him a B. I have also watched him on the very difficult BBCHardtalk some years back when the western world was gaga about Obj, i scored him an A for taking on and answering tough questions with grace and courage.
He performed far better on BBC Hard Talk compared to what I saw yesterday.Perhaps the whole election stress is taking its toll on him undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chibecanglobal(m): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Presenter: How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price

Buhari: first we will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

Very clueless response. Pray how does Buhari stabilize the oil market.
If at all GEJ is dull GMB is an epitome of dullness with what i have heard from his responses to the questions.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by folawiyoma(m): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2014
:oI think sai buhari only have one agenda.

Tackle corruption, how? Memory lost :PI think sai buhari only have one agenda.

Tackle corruption, how? Memory lost

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chibecanglobal(m): 8:10am On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
don't tell me that after six years Jonathan could not restructure Nigeria. What a monumental failure he is! shocked

Nigeria needs Buhari,Buhari is Nigeria's messiah!
Your messiah with what he said in that interview?
I am totally disappointed.
We still have a long way to go in finding the messiah bro.
Lets just tell ourselves the truth.
This man will worsen our condition abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by chesterlee(m): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2014
Adminisher:

Is it GEJ that has style? . I watched part of the interview and i score him a B. I have also watched him on the very difficult BBCHardtalk some years back when the western world was gaga about Obj, i scored him an A for taking on and answering tough questions with grace and courage.
We are lucky to have a good man as our President...GMB isn't the kind of man we all clamour for, He's too old and out of touch. He isn't the change we desire

I rather stick with GMB than giving that Oldie a chance

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:12am On Dec 08, 2014
teemanbastos:
sharap.. Weda u lyk it or not. he's Nigeria nxt President.

Shey ni na u be jega Abi dem wan use u replace am?? Keep dreaming

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:14am On Dec 08, 2014
psychu:

You are not watching

LoL

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:15am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Does Nigerian military have the capability to tackle the insurgency?

Hmmmmm........ They do not have adequate weapons.

Are you saying the insurgents are more equipped?
Hmmmm...... Yes

Is sabotage an issue?
Hmmmm... The military does not have adequate weapons.

LoL this man na basket mouth and bovi in one hehehe
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by mapet: 8:16am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Buhari seeking to be a democratically elected president says
| why should i be sorry for toppling a democratically elected government....

What this means is if given the chance he will do it again.....

On a muslim-muslim ticket
|my party will decide

So you have no independent views to share

Why did you sign an undertaking?
|my party said so

Did they also tell you stage manage a bomb blast?

How will you tackle insurgency?
|Gowon did not borrow a kobo during the civil war and they are asking for 1 billion to tackle insurgency.

My goodness this is so off key i think a psych evaluation is necessary

How do you intend to manage the economy in the face of dwindling oil price
|We will stabilize the oil market and run an accountable govt.

You know zilch about the economy or English language or both.
He is simply asking you how you intend to diversify the economy.

Unfortunately, you are just getting delirious and ridiculous over nothing
1. Let me hazard a guess, that you were yet to be born in 1983...........and yes, if given the chance, Nigerians will support Buhari to topple Shagari's government many times over.
2. On the Muslim-Muslim ticket, your lack of tact and wisdom is even embarrassing. Thank God the interview is on youtube. First off, no smart contestant will let our his arsenal early on. Secondly who told you a Muslim-Muslim ticket is forbidden? thirdly Buhari simply said he will subject his position to the party andlet the supremacy of the party reign. I dare ask, what more do you need from a democrat. Do you want him to behave like a FFK that have let his lack of wisdom throw him into irrelevance?
3. How ill you tackle insurgency? -My brother, it seems you hear with your feet and think through your butt or something.... GMB was well articulate on the fight against insurgency. First he found it unbelievable that with our experience dating back to civil war,(and I dare add, Liberia, Congo, Sudan, etc) we are on the receiving end of the BH insurgency. He told us that the first thing he expected GEJ government to have done was what they left late - Call all presidents of boarder countries, come up with a plan to stop Boko Haram from accessing weapons, funding and jointly rout them. He even went on to state that these countries do know the strength of Nigerian Army. Then he question why would Nigeria go borrowing a billion to under the guise of fighting insurgency (that the whole world finds absurd as well) when Gowon fought a civil war not borrowing a dime. Conventional logic tells you, you don't go borrowing to fight a war.
4. My brother, it is you that don't know zilch about economy. I think it's high time some of you upstarts understand that the economy is way beyond your O'levels stuffs which you don't even understand. The question is not about how will he diversify the economy. The question simply asks how will he address the economy. Needless to surmise that there are no hard and fast rule in answers to questions like this but on the dexterity of bringing your analysis to convince your audience. GMB's answer was apt. First off, we need to address that industry that brings over 90% of our revenue and put sanity in it. We need to plug leakages, rid it of corruption and get it as a tool to stebilize the nation. The other industries are far behind and its the proceeds from a sanitized oil industry that will be used to fix the others......now for me whether this answer can be faulted or not is another issue, but your lack of understanding of the context is more embarrassing. I'd dare add that you need to humble yourself, and understand that you're lacking a lot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 08, 2014
My Party will decide on my running mate?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:17am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Are you sorry for bringing Shagari government to an end?
Why should i be sorry, i have given my reasons for doing that.

But that is a democratic government you ended.

So if it is a democracy they should be allowed to destroy institutions, destroy........bla bla......

This man sounds like a jihadist...
In all fairness he seems dangerous

LoL
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2014
How does this old goat think he can stabilize the oil market where the main cartel is controlled by Saudi Arabia and by extension the US?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2014
LagosBoi2:
If APC should field a 12yr old boy or someone with down syndrome, I will vote him over the clueless, stealing is not corruption otueke phd holder with a missle shooting wife

#respect to those with syndrome#
APC or PDP?
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by major466(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Channels Question: Some people say that you are a religious bigot, what do you have to say about that?

Buhari's Answer: It cannot be true because the military is secular and i rose through the ranks to become a general.
Instead of him to talk about what he feels about freedom of worship and human rights to clear the air about his fanatism, he's busy talking about the military being secular. Is that the best response he can give to assure Nigerians that he ain't a fanatic? Buhari is the final definition of CLUELESSNESS.

WOW! Really. Was that the best answer you could cook up?
I wonder for the man. Totally clueless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by MalcoImX: 8:24am On Dec 08, 2014
paulsir:

I THINK HE IS LYING ABOUT HIS AGE,HE LOOKS 79 OR MAY BE HE HAS AN HIDDEN SICKNESS HE IS NURSING.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I PITY THOSE THAT ARE SHOUTING SAI BUHARI,I WONT BE SURPRISED IF THEY ARE SINGING ANOTHER SONG TOMORROW,THE MAN LOOKS WORNOUT JUST LIKE TINUBU. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
For a man of about 70+ this is a fair representation? How are you fairing at your your supposedly 'young' age? Would you even be able to do half of what he's doing by the time you reach 70+? Will you even reach 70, since we hardly go to hospital these days, living at the mercy of nature cure, because we can't afford that 'luxury' anymore?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by mapet: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2014
mikeansy:
[b]I did not watch the interview [/b]but did Buhari really say he will stabilise oil prices?

The market forces that determine oil prices are most times international and just can not be controlled by anyone nation. So what exactly does Buhari mean by stabilising oil prices?

1. First off, go watch the interview before you comment. It is wiser that way
2. Market forces do not determine international oil prices, it's much more complicated than that. Market forces plays just a little part, there are power block, OPEC, America, Communists (Russia, Soviet, China etc.) Alignments and Diplomacy, etc. The recent drop in price was not triggered by any market force, but Saudi Arabia. SA is playing a move to discourage USA from flooding the market with Shale Oil and Gas. Once shale oil gets into the market the hold of the OPEC block is further lost.
4. What is market force in a product with less than $10 production cost yet sells for $75 and climbes to as much as almost $200 sometimes.
5. Why do you think countries like America have been so firm on Anti-trust laws right from the days of the Rockefeller group......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2014
obi4eze:
Can GEJ be interviewed like this by a privately -owned broadcasting agency? He won't stand it.

He's a president so he won't go there. Deal with it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by okiezman(m): 8:28am On Dec 08, 2014
berem:
please stop crying! Save your tears for 2015 when Jonathan will be kicked out!

Big Dreamer

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:30am On Dec 08, 2014
BackDatAssUp:
How does this old goat think he can stabilize the oil market where the main cartel is controlled by Saudi Arabia and by extension the US?

You are the older goat, for thinking it is normal for oil to be controlled by Saudi Arabia and the US. With this mentality, I strongly doubt if you see anything wrong in Jonathan's handling of the economy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by MalcoImX: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2014
eaglechild:
Buhari seeking to be a democratically elected president says
| why should i be sorry for toppling a democratically elected government....

What this means is if given the chance he will do it again.
For Forms of Government let fools contest;
whatever is best administered is best.
– Alexander Pope
Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:32am On Dec 08, 2014
okiezman:

He's a president so he won't go there. Deal with it
You don't want Jonathan to be humiliated like he was by Christaine Amanpour of CNN?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 08, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

You are the older goat, for thinking it is normal for oil to be controlled by Saudi Arabia and the US. With this mentality, I strongly doubt if you see anything wrong in Jonathan's handling of the economy.

Foolish man, our production output can not match the reserves Saudi and other gulf states churn out.

The US is on her way to be self sufficient in energy production and is projected to become a major oil supplier in 15 years.

Your fake messiah obviously does not understand how the energy market operates and is inept to economic growth that he still sees the oil industry as crucial to economic stability wherein the initiative ought be towards diversifying our economy.

Buhari just like your stup1d self have no single clue on how to better this Nation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Live On Channels TV by mapet: 8:38am On Dec 08, 2014
tit:

How can he win the hearts of the military of corruption when he is charging the military leadership with corruption?
Are the military chiefs not part of the military?
Are the GOCs of the 7th Division and the formation COs not still n service?
With this statement Buhari is destroying the espirit de corp of the Nigerian Armed Forces!
He is introducing distrust between the officers and men of the NA, something which President Jonathan has toiled day and night top rebuild and bolster.
Buhari has always been a destroyer, a thief, a murderer.
Recall, he destroyed the Nigerian Army in 1983 when he used it to selfishly destroy the Shagari government.

Madam,
Your needless raving and ranting on the underlined which are at best spurious, ridiculous and senseless....that aside, I think you may need to check the logic of the argument you put forward
1. Buhari rather placed corruption in the heart of the Nigerian system and not solely at the military alone.
2. Yes, if the military is corrupt, then it's needs cleanup. Your espirit-de-corps postulation is arrant nonsense and should not be traded for corruption and wanton decadence of security and economy
3. Funnily enough GMB actually stated that the military government had not been as corrupt as the civilian government we've had since 1999. He right put back to the Channels guy that it was only Abacha's name that was mentioned in monies stolen, not Murtala Mohammed's, Gowon's, OBJ's nor His
4. If you think GEJ has labored to build anything military-wise, then it's either your living in delusion or you don't understand the polity

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Toilet At Nigerian High Commmission In London. Photo By Victor Asemota / Why Did Tinubu Exclude FFK, Ganduje And Festus Keyamo From Ministerial List? / Osinbajo Mobbed By School Children In Calabar (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.