Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? (91849 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / Muslim Singles Matching Service (MSMS) / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by AKzee(m): 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
mmmustapha:
I want to make sure that I have my own house, job and resource b4 I will marry. nowadays marriage is very expensive, jumaat kar33m.
The western way of doing things have make things so difficult for us. Follow the Quran and sunnah of our Noble prophet, I blv marriage will be affordable not as expensive as u claim.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by gnykelly(m): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
marriage marriage. I've seen alot . your brother man is so scared of them women. oja okunkun.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by latfun22(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
i need to get a job b4 i can marry. will i ask her to stay in our family house or to stay with her parent?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by DMainMan: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2014

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by tijjanioyan: 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
Stil waiting 4 miss right
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by syras: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Newkidoo:
Can a Christian marry a muslim
Pls I need answers..

Greetings,

In Islam, certain criteria are looked into when one wants to marry. These are:

*Beauty.
*Family lineage.
*Financial status of the person in question.
*Deen (religion).

I must stress at this point that, the financial status of the person plays less importance in choosing a responsible and dependable spouse - as the last prophet Muhammad (saw) says: " if a man approaches you (father) to seek your daughter's hand in marriage, with whom you are contented with his religion and his lineage, then, you should rightly give him your daughter because, if you don't, "fitnah (oppression)" shall spread there-in on earth" (chain of hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim). From the prophetic saying aforementioned, the last prophet Muhammad (saw) did not hammer so much on the fortune of the person, but, rather on the RELIGION and LINEAGE. These two qualities are most important when searching for a spouse. However, beauty and fortune are equally essential but, should not be major yardsticks for spouse's selection.

Some islamic scholars do argue that, there isn't harm in marrying a person with opposite believe. This argument has an elucidation, though. ONLY A MUSLIM MAN CAN GO AHEAD TO MARRY A WOMAN OR LADY WITH OPPOSITE BELIEVE. IT DOESN'T WORK THE OTHER WAY ROUND. But, I ask this question: why marry a person with reverse believe when those people with exactly your believe are bountiful on ground?!

In brevity, a christian can marry a muslim, but, only if the christian is a lady or woman wishing to get hooked up with a muslim man.

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
luv2talk:
[b]I graduated from University 8 years ago, i was jobless for good 5 years before one of my Aunt help me secure a state Govt teaching Job. Through out my struggling period, no woman sees any future or potentials in me. Though, Im a born Comedian and many girls appreciate my sense of humor, but no one want to identify with poverty grin
Im yet to married because i had two heart-breaks that almost cost me my life. The first Girl friend's Dad didnt allow me to marry her daughter cos i was a Teacher then embarassed i tried to persuade her that things will get better, But her Dad couldnt see future in me.
Few month later, i was match-made with an abuja based muslim girl through a family friend. when i opened up to the lady that im a teacher, she asked if im willing to look for federal job or other high paying Job, i said NO, cos i knew what i was doing. i told her that im a Blogger and within a year, inshallah, i will be earning millions. She laughed at me and gave me conditions that before she could marry me, i must have a job that pays not less than 100k and i must be ready to relocate to ABJ.
I almost gave up my dream of becoming a successful blogger. i arranged with a friend in abuja who got me a teaching job at one international sch there and they were ready to pay me 120k. i rushed to call my girl friend and informed her about the Good news. Alas!! She replied it was too late, that she has found he guy with secured future. i nearly commit suicide then. Well, just one month after she dump me. Google sent me Half a million naira as my accumulated blog adverts.
Inshallah today, Im the proud owner of Entertainment and Gossip blog www.Vibenigeria.com where I earn almost 7 figures from Google adverts every month. I just even open another tutorial blog www.TipsMill.com where i research solutions to what many people are searching for, ranging from Health, relationship, marriage, Business idea, Technology and more.
Exactly this time last year, the bike i use to ply around knocked and i couldnt afford to repair it.Poverty was my middle name then, seeing what i looked like then can even scare a potential wife grin grin. Mehn, Thunder Fire Poverty smiley
I live more comfortable now and i employ 3 people that earns Higher 5 figures monthly from me.

Now, Many woman are professing their love for me now as if i be learner undecided wink
Anyway sha, i wish im married, but Allah knows the best smiley

Since then, i have lost hope in women, i find it difficult to fall in love again. Im a well-read mallam, But im happily single. only in love with my blogging business[/b]

N.B
Nairaland and Linda Ikeji really played dominant role in my blogging career, inshallah, im going to publish my story on my birthday 9th Jan. here on how i become a successful blogger within a year. its going to make front page and im sure linda ikeji is going to publish it too smiley

Salam, nice story brother all I just want to say is that don't give up. I relate with what you said that many ladies want to marry someone with money, back then u had nothing and they were running. Now that there's money they are coming. Please I beg u don't marry any lady that's not working or earning her own salary. No lady should come and reap where she did not sow in your life. Girls of these days are so mediocre minded that they believe they can eat their cake and have it. Don't let anyone try that with u. Salam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
oyb:

erm . . .married men can also use the service, not so?

No bro. cheesy
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
mmmustapha:
I want to make sure that I have my own house, job and resource b4 I will marry. nowadays marriage is very expensive, jumaat kar33m.
Put your trust in Allah he is the best of planner. Nothing you can do for yourself. brother try and change your priorities tell Allah today to bless you with ur heart desire and if avin all these tnx after marriage will b d best for u then he shld let u get married soon.
May Allah forgive us all our misdeeds an grant us our heart desire.

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by harthonder(m): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Most muslim like to marry early but situation in these country make things worst.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by olahero(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
I am about to, less than 20 days in sha Allah, pray for me because we are young, though, I pray Allah guide us alright.

10 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Mutuwa(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
bynat:
Marriage, marriage, marriage. May Allah make it easy fr us.

Is you scared of it? Or ur a misogamist. grin
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Wizeboy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
olahero:
I am about to, less than 20 days in sha Allah, pray for me because we are young, though, I pray Allah guide us alright.

Alhamdulillah....

Almighty Allah will make the day a success and grant you and your wife the wisdom, patience and knowledge to live peacefully and raise a wonderful family.

Allah will bless and favour you as you are planning to enter the next stage in your life (Amin)

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by meenahwonder(f): 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
noordean:
fear of poverty
Luv2talk, im in search of a job plz, more like attachment or internship just incase you have an open employment. Im a psychology student 3rd yr..
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by SweetyZinta(f): 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
Newkidoo:
Can a Christian marry a muslim

Pls I need answers..
D truth is qur'an says No! 'do not marry an unbeliever even if they pleases ur hrt, believing servant is better but some books hv it dat only muslim guy can marry a xtain bride and not vice versa for d fear of d unseen. Surely Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Abuklaw(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Nice write up. I am no longer seeking for now because the mindset of our ladies is now inclined toward financial gratification. Even though I also not planning a poor future, I still prefer the ones that think beyond finances. The ones that place ahkirah above dunya. The ones who really understood what Islamic marriage is.

You think it is unrealisable abi! Forget it. Because you're not chaste didnt mean others don't. Positive will always attracts positive

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by mayor007(m): 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
Whilst early marriage is admirable; one must have a steady source of income. Even better if the wife chips in.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by noordean(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
meenahwonder:

Luv2talk, im in search of a job plz, more like attachment or internship just incase you have an open employment. Im a psychology student 3rd yr..
alrt sister.i'm also a job seeker jst incase u have an open employment. i studied physics, waitin for nysc

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by noordean(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
olahero:
May Allah make it easy my broda,put ur trust in Him. By d way, wia is it taking place?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by zeedof(m): 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
Hmm Thank God for this page, have never come accros something like this bfor.. I have a problem and I need you guyz help. Am 26 yrs now and I find it very easy to relate with xtian girl even date them and have promise myself to marry Muslim girl but have never see one or any one I see will be fake muslim.. Muslim that will not like to bear her muslim name.. But if there is a muslim lady that wish to have real relationship should contact me whatsapp 08066775744..

Age... 24 downward
Any town
Educated please..

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sportfeva(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
Salam alaykum and barka jumuah every one.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by ShehuAba(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
The truth is that if we continue to blame one another, the blame game will continue unabated.
From my own observation, not just on this thread most brothers are afraid of marriage because of the finances involved in it. Some guys have prospects but some sisters are also looking for the ready made ones. Yes, if Allah has not enriched you enough, you should pray and wait until he does so before getting married. But, truth be said in the kind of situation we find ourselves in this country, if we are to wait for that, we will wait to eternity.
Am not clamouring for laziness on the part of brothers and jumping into what you can't afford, all am saying is that we all need to adjust. Our brothers having understood that things are not easy in the country, need to really work hard and do other things to complement their earnings. The sisters should also adjust, and understand that it is not always a roller coaster. Yes, things can be difficult today but tomorrow can be better. That brother without shoes today can be the president today, the rich couples we see today all started from somewhere and it is not as if it is all been easy all these while.
I pray Allah helps us all.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sportfeva(m): 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
Yes, amen ShehuAba. We need to fear Allah in all our actions. I never regret not to be Muslim and I am proud. A lot of my colleague or friend don't know my faith untill maybe I say "oh, I am going to pray" and they are like wow. I am just striving.

Let strive to practice Islam the way it is and we will all have peace as an individual and society. The institution of marriage is not an exception. As it is half of our deen, we all take it serious. The basic standard to marriage is "religious" which is the degree of practice, every other standard is optional. The word "religious" is deep as my brothers and sisters scholars know and understand.

The major hindrance against brothers(major initiator of marriage) not getting married is finance. From my little Islamic knowledge, if you can afford a shelter and other basic needs of life and duty to your dear wife. You are good to go. With faith in Allah, he will enrich you from his bounties. I have seen clear real life examples.

As for me: why not getting married yet? I am well off with lots of vision in life. My life has a mission and purpose. I am searching for my missing rib to compliment each other. I am aware of my shortcomings and willing to work on them. I don't expect my wife to be 100 % like minded like me but an average is okay. So, i could sense a relationship that will work out within a month. You can't married out of pity or pressure. Sincerity is the cradle. That's my watchword.
Ma Salam

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Mubarack44(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
good reminder op...

back to business. the reason why I am single yet is because of financial crisis that I am facing. that should be my excuse for not getting married.
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by olahero(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wizeboy:

Alhamdulillah....

Almighty Allah will make the day a success and grant you and your wife the wisdom, patience and knowledge to live peacefully and raise a wonderful family.

Allah will bless and favour you as you are planning to enter the next stage in your life (Amin)
Jazakumullahu khair
Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sportfeva(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
luv2talk:
[b]I graduated from University 8 years ago, i was jobless for good 5 years before one of my Aunt help me secure a state Govt teaching Job. Through out my struggling period, no woman sees any future or potentials in me. Though, Im a born Comedian and many girls appreciate my sense of humor, but no one want to identify with poverty grin
Im yet to married because i had two heart-breaks that almost cost me my life. The first Girl friend's Dad didnt allow me to marry her daughter cos i was a Teacher then embarassed i tried to persuade her that things will get better, But her Dad couldnt see future in me.
Few month later, i was match-made with an abuja based muslim girl through a family friend. when i opened up to the lady that im a teacher, she asked if im willing to look for federal job or other high paying Job, i said NO, cos i knew what i was doing. i told her that im a Blogger and within a year, inshallah, i will be earning millions. She laughed at me and gave me conditions that before she could marry me, i must have a job that pays not less than 100k and i must be ready to relocate to ABJ.
I almost gave up my dream of becoming a successful blogger. i arranged with a friend in abuja who got me a teaching job at one international sch there and they were ready to pay me 120k. i rushed to call my girl friend and informed her about the Good news. Alas!! She replied it was too late, that she has found he guy with secured future. i nearly commit suicide then. Well, just one month after she dump me. Google sent me Half a million naira as my accumulated blog adverts.
Inshallah today, Im the proud owner of Entertainment and Gossip blog www.Vibenigeria.com where I earn almost 7 figures from Google adverts every month. I just even open another tutorial blog www.TipsMill.com where i research solutions to what many people are searching for, ranging from Health, relationship, marriage, Business idea, Technology and more.
Exactly this time last year, the bike i use to ply around knocked and i couldnt afford to repair it.Poverty was my middle name then, seeing what i looked like then can even scare a potential wife grin grin. Mehn, Thunder Fire Poverty smiley
I live more comfortable now and i employ 3 people that earns Higher 5 figures monthly from me.

Now, Many woman are professing their love for me now as if i be learner undecided wink
Anyway sha, i wish im married, but Allah knows the best smiley

Since then, i have lost hope in women, i find it difficult to fall in love again. Im a well-read mallam, But im happily single. only in love with my blogging business[/b]

N.B
Nairaland and Linda Ikeji really played dominant role in my blogging career, inshallah, im going to publish my story on my birthday 9th Jan. here on how i become a successful blogger within a year. its going to make front page and im sure linda ikeji is going to publish it too smiley

Mr blogger, thank God you didn't marry that lady. No lady is worth getting depress or having suidical thought about. A peaceful religious lady will stick with you as far as you are not lazy, you are working and have a vision. In my life, i have seen a lot. I could have marry a non-muslim if i want to because she seem promising and believe in my works and vision. Is just, something is still missing. What is missing in some Muslims sisters, you tend to find it in non-muslim like this trait you mention. Some are too materialistic and don't see the bright future with you. That's insincerity. So, just cut it and look elsewhere. May Allah bless us with righteous Muslimah. They are available and just few.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Limibanti(m): 12:22am On Dec 27, 2014
Have had encounter with two religiously dedicated muslim ladies of recent but to my greatest surprise, they both fall short of the expectations one will expect from a muslim lady. Am even in a situation that am even scared of dedicated muslim ladies. I respected the Islamic principles of these ladies I met but they have been my greatest betrayer till date. To me, I even have an open mind on relationships and it seems most of the ladies of nowadays all have a price tag. I see no point in even going into courtship without a good source of income not to talk of mrg because it will still bounce back on assuming responsibilities..Muslims Ladies that are ready to be supportive and build a life with a guy are really scarce, all they want is a ready made guy that will have instant nikahi...I won't lie, getting engaged to a muslim lady to me is even a maybe!!

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Saheed69(m): 2:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Walahi am always happy when discussing important issues with my Muslim brothers. May Allah have mercy on us and fulfilled all our heart desire. God bless u brothers

Always proud to be a Muslim.

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 27, 2014
Salam brothers and sisters,
I can see most comments are from the brothers. As a Muslim lady I am the opposite of what most brothers have described.I have looked beyond a man financial situation because i on my own earn more than enough salary and never depended on a man
The relationship i was in before was with a guy who was trying to take advantage of me been supportive towards him financially. And I turned to his ATM.there was also alot of lies and even after quiting it feels like all other nigerian men have met always trying to take advantage of my good heart.At the moment I am very skeptical about all the men I meet,because they want my help financially and it's over bearing. So i
So now i have decided i want a man with good financial stability. Even if he doesn't give me money but to be able to take care of himself
So it's not only the brothers that are facing such problem.
Insha Allah I have faith in Allah(SWT) that we will meet pretty soon. :-D

4 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Abuklaw(m): 6:10am On Dec 27, 2014
larza:
Salam brothers and sisters,
I can see most comments are from the brothers. As a Muslim lady I am the opposite of what most brothers have described.I have looked beyond a man financial situation because i on my own earn more than enough salary and never depended on a man
The relationship i was in before was with a guy who was trying to take advantage of me been supportive towards him financially. And I turned to his ATM.there was also alot of lies and even after quiting it feels like all other nigerian men have met always trying to take advantage of my good heart.At the moment I am very skeptical about all the men I meet,because they want my help financially and it's over bearing. So i
So now i have decided i want a man with good financial stability. Even if he doesn't give me money but to be able to take care of himself
So it's not only the brothers that are facing such problem.
Insha Allah I have faith in Allah(SWT) that we will meet pretty soon. :-D

that is the problem we are facing in Nigeria my dear sister. I will advice you to engage in istikhara (seek Allah's guidance) if you are really ready to tie the knot because only Allah guides. You can also check out Muslim single Match-making Service (MSMS

Rabbana hablana min azwaajina, Wadhurriy-yatina, qurrata 'ayioni wa-jalna lil-muntaqeena imama.

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by sportfeva(m): 7:11am On Dec 27, 2014
@Larza: wow what a missing world. I have always imagine or know there are brothers like that. They are leeches. I have never come across them or have Muslim friends with such evil unislamic mindset. But I know they exist and you just confirmed it. As Abuklaw said, always perform Istikharah in any proposal or relationship like your life depend on it. Allah will guide you. Within a short time, Allah will reveal the signs whether it will work or not. You shouldn't give up or surmount to pressure with your principle and standard. If you are opportune, you can advise your fellow sisters not to be materialistic in choosing or accepting a proposal. Khadija(RA) married the rasul(SAW) when he wasn't that rich. There are basic qualities that endear her. And the word "materialistic" has degree or standard.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 27, 2014
[quote author=Newkidoo post=29214080]Can a Christian marry a muslim

Pls I need answers..! A christian can marry a muslim if he/she is willing to convert to islam,while a muslim man can marry a christian if d lady is willing to convert,but a muslim lady cannot marry a christian,it is nt allowed islamically! I hope dis info helps

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Are These Verses Really In The Quran? / Unmarried Hausa Couple Condemned For Posting This Picture / Miracle Baby Born With Quran At A White Garment Church In Mushin, Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.