Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Fish Farming Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fish Farming Business (72293 Views)

How To Start A Rice Farming Business In Nigeria - Make Millions! / How To Start A Mushroom Farming Business / Starting A Pigry Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fish Farming Business by netmoney(m): 11:55am On Mar 03, 2010
The content of this post is enough to get one started inthe fish farm business.
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 12:29am On Mar 05, 2010
netmoney:

The content of this post is enough to get one started inthe fish farm business.

@netmoney,
u are very correct.never knew nigerians could be this helpful.i must say that im highly impressed at the way so many people are just willing to help people like us who are novice in the field of fish farming,free of charge for that matter.please,u all should keep up the good work.i pray that we all shall never encounter any form of loss in whatever business we lay our hands upon.somebody help me say amen to this please.
so back to the subject of discusion,ive finished constructing my pond.im really taking my time to gather enough information before i embark on it.but i hope to buy my fingerlings in few days time.can anyone in the house give me more info on any other thing that i should look out for?i filled the pond with water and put banana leaves in it,left it in there for a week after which i removed it and washed the pond.i then filled it with fresh water.but now im a little confused.im i to just wash the pond with salt and drain again,or sprinkle salt in the water that im to put the fingerlings in?please,your advices will be highly appreciated.

@ope,
thanks for the file u sent me.but i have a problem with opening it.seems like i need a particular software before i can open the file,cos it just keeps opening with languages i cannot read.
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 10:13am On Mar 10, 2010
smiley
Re: Fish Farming Business by rapattorny: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hi watever business u are embarkin on u must first plan and seek advice from those already in it,thats we packaged a comprehensive dvd on cat fish farming cause thats one with the most steady market in nigeria,chec out our dvd package on www.icglobalnet.com/services.html definitely u will be starting yr fish pond once u view this dvd. Catch ya
Re: Fish Farming Business by jessefornew(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
I'm looking for someone honest and understanding that can Finance a Fish Farm Business in any suitable area in Nigeria or anywhere which I will be the one taking care and managing the farm. I can also produce FINGERLINGS myself. We negotiable on percentage 60%-40%. Contact me on +2348063228187 or +2348052321112. E-mail:jessefornew@gmail.com. Mr. Akindele. Thanks.
Re: Fish Farming Business by donline: 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2010
Fish farming needs technical knowledge. In any aspect of fish farming visit glorious beulah farms company. Many have been misled. 08028307777 OR 08033078476 a trial will convince you. Thanks.
Re: Fish Farming Business by makinde3: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2010
Can someone kindly provide me CD or DVD on fish farming?
Re: Fish Farming Business by jessefornew(m): 10:53am On Apr 08, 2010
I'm looking for someone honest and understanding that can Finance a Fish Farm Business in any suitable area in Nigeria or anywhere which I will be the one taking care and managing the farm. I can also produce FINGERLINGS myself. We negotiable on percentage 60%-40%. /// QUALITY SEEDS & PURE DUTCH. * Fingerlings/Juvenilles. * Table Size Catfish. * Pond Constructions & Management. * Recirculation System. * Consultations. Contact me on +2348063228187 or +2348052321112. E-mail:otunbaworldwide@gmail.com. Mr. Akindele. Thanks.
Re: Fish Farming Business by question(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2010
fish farm experts,
What are the variety of fish feeds that you use?
I know about the pilletized coppens, multifeed, vital brands.
Any other types?
Some say you can make your own feed. What are the main raw materials for this home made feed?
Please share your knowledge on this forum.
Re: Fish Farming Business by question(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2010
I heard some people use boiled cow blood as fish feed.
Has anyone tried this before?
I have also seen an agro-feed shop selling scrap indomine noodles.
what are your views.
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
question:

I heard some people use boiled cow blood as fish feed.
Has anyone tried this before?
I have also seen an agro-feed shop selling scrap indomine noodles.
what are your views.

so i heard too.never tried it though.
Re: Fish Farming Business by opes: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2010
i make use of few quantity of commercial feed,later i use probiotic to produce algae and other beneficial bacterials which the fish can feed on naturally. i save few money doing these, i also tried building poultry house on top of one of my fish pond,the chicken manure served as fertilizer and feeds for my fish and the result was good (though i still applied commercial feeds but very few).
i visited some farms in Asia,what they do is they add 50% duckweek and 50% commercial feeds to produce Tilapia,they got a good result.
Re: Fish Farming Business by kobikwelu(m): 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
firstly, beware of 419

2ndly, THIS IS A FORUM ABOUT CATFISH!!!!! all these snail, broilers people, go and start your on topic

i reside in abuja

this is my third yr on the business,

i specialize in catfish

my first advice is that , fish rearing is a time consuming and it needs total dedication (especially during the formative months),

if you are willing to start, quit your day job, (if not ull come home one day to find that all your fishes are floating lifelessly)

, more to come
Re: Fish Farming Business by ibubee(f): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2010
Animal care services konsult is the company that has been providing solutions to livestock and acquaculture  needs for over 30years. we have proven records of success and professionals who can handle your projects.
The followings are the advantage u can tap into:

1. Seminars on how to start a profitable catfish farming and acess to the very large scale fish farm on the company site (very practical)

2. Water analysis of your well or borehole (both chemical and microbial)

3. Technical supports when starting up your farm

4. Sales of high quality and very active fingerlings weighing 10g is presently available.

5. High quality fish feed with high floatability is available at reasonable price.

6. We can equally help u to [b]monitor your farm [/b] from start up at a reasonable fee.

7. well equiped laboratory to check the quality of your fish feed and raw materials

This company is located at Ogere, along the lagos - ibadan xpress rd. U are sure of getting value for any penny spent.

for more information, contact 08057098720, or 08034344704
Re: Fish Farming Business by fishfarm: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2010
Fish farm property details for lease/ rent. ABEOKUTA

Catfish farm with 15 concrete ponds and 9 earthen pond located on approx. 4 plots in Abeokuta, unlimited water supply from stream via pump to ponds, 2 wells + borehole. Electrical system in place for aerators. Needs some minor work.

Negotiable on rent amount

Facilities available include

1. Two functional wells

2. 1 Borehole

3. Farm office with store

4. Security post

5. A hatchery with 10 iron vats

6. A feed pelletizer

7. Ten (10) units of 3m by 6m concrete tanks

8. Five (5) units of 2m by 4m concrete tanks

9. Nine (9) large earthen ponds

10. Two (2) water pumping machines

11. Three (3) water pumps

12. A 2.5 KVA generator

13. Hatchery bowls

14. Dragnet for fish harvesting

Call 0706 091 5796 or 0702 949 2829 or send email to fishfarmab@gmail.com
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2010
hi all,
please how much is the current price of fish per kilo.i reside in lagos and im ready to sell my fishes but i want to be sure of the price before i sell.thanks.
Re: Fish Farming Business by olamson(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2010
N420 -N450

between 1-10 kilo N500
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2010
@olamson,
thanks man.guess u are into catfish farming as well.can u get me good and trusted buyers?i heard that those market sellers uses jazz.i dont know how true that is,but if u can refer me to trusted hands,il be glad.
Re: Fish Farming Business by royhan: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2010
Is not compulsory you rear fish before u get ur cool money.fish is divide into main category,first is REARING second is MARKETING of catfish.Why can you get your cool money in marketing.Rest minded,cool,negotiable business that you personally can invest on.
Re: Fish Farming Business by suxes2005(m): 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2010
Fish farming, hmnnnn

anyways, i av a fish farm and i thank God its doin well

lots of dem died like 135 but dey r doin fine now
u need to b patient and d gains are much as well

make sure each weighs 1kg b4 sellin den u can sell each for
N500,

SHALOM
Re: Fish Farming Business by jay0309(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2010
fish farming is a good biz especially in nigeria
Re: Fish Farming Business by sleekdot(m): 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2010
cost of plastic pond(tank),anybody
Re: Fish Farming Business by ayodeji1(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2010
with about 25k ul get one.
Re: Fish Farming Business by sleekdot(m): 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Thanks for the info
Re: Fish Farming Business by smlafolabi(m): 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2010
imported Multifeed fish feed from isreal for sale in large quatities, it weight 15kg per bag and the cost is N3950 per bag. If you need call me on 08032888265[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming Business by deebsman1(m): 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2010
Pls guys, ds has been going on in my mind for sometimes now, i'm an aspiring fish farmer, but there is this thingy i'm hearing from people that the fish market has gone down, as it's not as it used to be some years back, like 2 to 3 years back. Pls can anybody in the biz pls shed more light into this.
Re: Fish Farming Business by smlafolabi(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2010
smiley
Re: Fish Farming Business by fame12k(m): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2010
Starting cat - fish farming using a plastic tank, what re d precurssion, advantage and disadvantages, what kind of feed is best,

ur comment wil be appreciated,

thank u
Re: Fish Farming Business by fame12k(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
Pls, where in lagos can i get plastic pond (tank) 4 cat fish farming. Tanx
Re: Fish Farming Business by fame12k(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2010
Pls, where in lagos can i get plastic pond (tank) 4 cat fish farming. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access / Good Newly found shipping Agent for China Importers - Tested And Proven / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.