Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,611 members, 7,843,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross (43642 Views)

Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan / The Phone Call That Save Nigeria - BBC / PDP Tenders Evidence Buhari's Certificate Is Forged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by randomFYO: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2014
Very true!
I doubt anyone has what it takes.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by LastProphet: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2014
OneNaira6:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is this the man APC is telling us is the best thing since slice bread? Is this the man APC wants us to believe is the best thing for Nigeria? Is this the uncorruptible, educated, fearless leader APC paid e-thugs kept disturbing us about? Even this exact speech he gave was provided on here by an APC paid person and the way they praised it on NL, screaming how great the speech was when they watched it, I honestly thought when he gave this speech, it was beyond excellent. Oh my how wrong was I. Y'all honestly have to be kidding correct?

To be honest, even though I wasn't sold on Buhari, based on all the noise and praises APC ppl did all over the Internet especially NL, I expected wayyy better than this. I honestly expected a man a million times better than this. Are you f2king kidding me? Forget the religious fanatics accusations hanging over his head, it's obvious as heck this man is as clueless as the name they gave GEJ. Even a f2king speech written for by obviously someone else, this man still had difficulty reading it? This man couldn't even pretend to be enthusiastic about it. Smh.

Whoever said Nigerians deserved the kind of leaders they choose is 110% accurate. You all deserve it. No wonder that country is so messed up and don't ever plan on improving.
My God; highly disappointed is an understatement.

There is actually no need answering many of these premature conclusions but i feel your's can be answered since you appear objective sort of, now see the first thing is how old were u when buhari ruled? If you were old enough u would recall that he has no time for words, no time for praises either. At a point people forgot buhari and only talked about idiagbon as he was more vocal though no less active. But i can tell you that the less than 3yrs of his rule touched every single nigerian. more importantly it was a govt THAT NEVER TOLD LIES TO NIGERIANS EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD THE GUN. and i challenge u and anyone reading now to tell us how he got overthrown, he practically walked away when he heard IBB had mobilized and he asked every single security detail NOT TO FIGHT AND DIE FOR HIM. Dodan barracks gate was open when IBB troops marched in, pls go and find out if that is the norm even when a total weakling is inside dodan barracks, yet this man valued the life of others above stay in power. And lastly his performance at PTF is disarming. Let any contractor come here now to tell us whether procurement was transparent or not. Do you know how much money was in ptf? Yet this man did not tuck away any for himself, why donyou think pdp prefer to label him fanatic? Because no other name will stick. Hope you are aware the late Dora came out of PTF? Those were the kind of people working with him. See forget whatever pdp is paying lapthugs to bring up, this man is the next president. I am a christian and fanatically against many islamic practices (check my past posts) but am going to vote buhari. He has no oratory skills obviously but he will get the job done 101%. We once voted an orator and we lived to see him turn a clueless drunkard

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2014
Okeikpu:
All ds old f00ls hardly die on time ⊙︿⊙ Look at Buhari for example.... (¬_¬)
Have noticed the difference in those supporting the President and buhari.. Anyone who calls Gej names or rain insult on him his been insulted back by most folks even to the point of insulting the father of the person. All the insult Buhari has been receiving, I don't think any of those supporting him has taking to heart or start insulting the father of the poster because he or she insulted buhari..big difference, GEJ fan take everything personal while Buhari fan are more concerned with change rather than insult. My humble opinion

4 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2014
a paid job running Mr WILL ROSS, u & know that d last thing Nigerian will wish is .,....GEJ continuity.
GEJ pack ur load nowwww o cos GMB is coming aso rock

#TeamvoteGMB2015.,....change wat we needcheesy

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Okeikpu(m): 8:17am On Dec 12, 2014
Fourcade:

. . .and you can't spell properly

Speaches indeed! grin
no be my fault, na the kind educational sistem leaders lyke Buhari offered us during 80s (╯︵╰,) just imagine dsame man coming out again......

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 12, 2014
Another western hypocritic klepto on d loose! Gmb all d way!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by zemaye: 8:18am On Dec 12, 2014
We don 'year' Next!!!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Okeikpu(m): 8:21am On Dec 12, 2014
angelsing:
Have noticed the difference in those supporting the President and buhari.. Anyone who calls Gej names or rain insult on him his been insulted back by most folks even to the point of insulting the father of the person. All the insult Buhari has been receiving, I don't think any of those supporting him has taking to heart or start insulting the father of the poster because he or she insulted buhari..big difference, GEJ fan take everything personal while Buhari fan are more concerned with change rather than insult. My humble opinion
well done.....:* keep on noticing xD

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2014
Awaja:
To me he has d power to fix Nigeria nd turn it to Iran ,
another candidate would've done APC a little favour not d already rejected bulari
Another candidate will stand no chance against GEJ, it will be a walk in the park for him. Politics is a game of numbers, who better than the general to get in the numbers for the opposition.. I think APC knows this that is why he has been the preferred candidate beside, I tot Mandela was 73 when he became president.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:

Is'nt it the case that the reason you are having to speculate on his body language is because Buhari is not saying much about how he plans to fix Nigeria which I guess is the point of the topic of this thread?
You re either blind, or deaf not 2 hear or see his speech on paper. Nigeria is like dis because of ignoramus like you.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ogene007: 8:26am On Dec 12, 2014
Lets start engaging these politicians intelligently. Buhari and APC say they will fight corruption, let them tell us how they intend to do that within the extant laws of the land which stipulates fair hearing for all accused. The law places the burden of proof on the state rather than on the accused. The Wole Olanipekuns, Ricky Tafas etc have all become legal experts in exploiting all the loopholes in ensuring that the big thieves always seem to evade justice. I'm sure we can all remember Lucky Igbinedion, Peter Odili, James Ibori etc. So, Buhari and his co-travellers should go beyond singing this jingle of 'I will fight corruption' to actually tell us how they intend to fight corruption under a constitutional democracy. This is because there is obviously no legal structure on ground to catch the big thieves other than small thieves who steal very small millions. Unfortunately, Buhari's associates are amongst the biggest thieves in the system who are obviously out of the reach of the law and he who must come to equity must do so with clean hands and their hands are obviously not clean.
If Buhari and APC were indeed sincere about fighting corruption, they would have used there impressive number in the national assembly in pushing for the passage of the asset forfeiture bill that has been stalled for years in the national assembly. Let them come with the readiness to pass that bill and lets know how President Jonathan would not assent to it. But they won't go near that bill because they know that such a law will put all the big thieves in Nigeria where they truly belong. It is still not late for this very important law to be passed as has been canvassed by EFCC: http://www.punchng.com/news/lamorde-laments-non-passage-of-asset-forfeiture-bill/

3 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2014
a9nyc2020:
If buhari was so so popular and virtually @the heart of errbody, how come he has been losing elections... Well iam in 4 APC PDP e-war cos APC are full of looters and criminals that left PDP...
You care to name those criminals u are talking about in APC, will really like to know them so we can castigate APC properly and please while u are at it, try back it up with fact as well.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by bash4us(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
all this people saying Buhari will fix Nigeria should watch the video above and see if they see a leader to lookup to.

The paper he is reading was clearly written by someone else and he deliever the speech like he does not even believe in it.

If I am Jonathan all I will do is engage Buhari as many times as possible on live TV and lets see how anyone else other than his obvious base will vote for him.

Its quite unfortunate, u only want d world to see more flaws form yr mumu jona. Guess uv never seen him facing interviewers before!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by ocelot2006(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2014
DonaldGenes:
An insane Nigerian Will agree with this hogwash written by BBC....

Both candidates are capable but one is more capable than the other which is Buhari, his body.language alone will make anyone not to steal... I carefully read his speech /body language...

Then I guess I am insane. Has Buhari booked his tissue papers for his crying session?
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by kaboninc(m): 8:29am On Dec 12, 2014
neyop85:

Its better to start afresh when things are going bad on a daily basis. How do u explain the level of insecurity, unemployment, dwindling oil prices (this didn't happen in OBJ's era, yet he says he's got good luck, goodluck my foot). Nigeria is malfunctioning on a daily basis, its been ages since we heard any good news. If u have a phone or computer system that is malfunctioning, the first thing u do is to do a factory reset and continue using it hoping it will get better. Buahri is not Nigerians first choice, he his just the RESET button that Nigerians are willing to press to save our country from further declining.
I bet that any person supporting GEJ will reset their phones if its malfuntioning, why not let us reset Nigeria, afterall, Nigeria is more important than any device.

It is you who have not heard any good news in a long time. And sadly, it going by your mindset, you may never hear any good news.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by kaboninc(m): 8:33am On Dec 12, 2014
ogene007:
Lets start engaging these politicians intelligently. Buhari and APC say they will fight corruption, let them tell us how they intend to do that within the extant laws of the land which stipulates fair hearing for all accused. The law places the burden of proof on the state rather than on the accused. The Wole Olanipekuns, Ricky Tafas etc have all become legal experts in exploiting all the loopholes in ensuring that the big thieves always seem to evade justice. I'm sure we can all remember Lucky Igbinedion, Peter Odili, James Ibori etc. So, Buhari and his co-travellers should go beyond singing this jingle of 'I will fight corruption' to actually tell us how they intend to fight corruption under a constitutional democracy. This is because there is obviously no legal structure on ground to catch the big thieves other than small thieves who steal very small millions. Unfortunately, Buhari's associates are amongst the biggest thieves in the system who are obviously out of the reach of the law and he who must come to equity must do so with clean hands and their hands are obviously not clean.
If Buhari and APC were indeed sincere about fighting corruption, they would have used there impressive number in the national assembly in pushing for the passage of the asset forfeiture bill that has been stalled for years in the national assembly. Let them come with the readiness to pass that bill and lets know how President Jonathan would not assent to it. But they won't go near that bill because they know that such a law will put all the big thieves in Nigeria where they truly belong. It is still not late for this very important law to be passed as has been canvassed by EFCC: http://www.punchng.com/news/lamorde-laments-non-passage-of-asset-forfeiture-bill/

Thank you.

Take a look at all of them, Amaechi, Tinubu, Fayemi, Atiku, Kwankwaso and to numerous to mention. You mean these same fellas who have stinging allegations of corruption will have to rule over us?

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 12, 2014
In ds digital age and tym u guys are scrambling for an analogue buhari...some people js hate GEJ so much they"ll even rather vote a retard...buhari's not fit to run ds country,he has bn out of service for too long and even when he was reading the speech that was written for him;isn't it obvious that he even found it difficult to read?...ur guys are calling GEJ clueless,wonder wot you will u now call buhari....

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by hissmyhill: 8:38am On Dec 12, 2014
Who be dis lady of d Ross sef abeg park well
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Rilwayne001: 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
Zoharariel:

Thank you, my brother. The American & the British governments know GMB is a bad market for their agenda.

They know GMB will not hesitate to sideline & cut them off, just like he did to them in 1984, resulting in the I.B.B coup d'etat in August 1985, which was a C.I.A & MI6 backed plot.

Our concern now should be GMB's safety because we do not need star gazers & astrologers to tell us the C.I.A & MI6 will throw hits at him again just like they attempted in Kaduna.

Copacetic

3 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by tivta(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
I pity this generation...
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2014
kaboninc:

Imagine...
Thank God Buhari was elected or 'selected' as the flag bearer for APC. Jonathan is on a roller coaster ride to victory!

There's a difference between purposeful leadership and desperate leadership. APC is desperate to take power and I pity anyone who thinks its for a progressive cause.

Insult all you want. Curse with your naked soul. Shout till you loose your voice. Run as fast as light. Die and resurrect. Go on hunger strike. Whatever you like, a Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria. If that's he's and your dream, then it will only be a dream.

Guess u are a soothsayer and you can see the future..since u can see the future, pls tell me what happens when jonathan rules till 2019. Was our economy better, did corruption reduce drastically, will boko haram go on extinction or will it still be "its our time to witness bombing because bombing is everywhere"..just tell me so I can vote for GEJ
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2014
kaboninc:

Imagine...
Thank God Buhari was elected or 'selected' as the flag bearer for APC. Jonathan is on a roller coaster ride to victory!

There's a difference between purposeful leadership and desperate leadership. APC is desperate to take power and I pity anyone who thinks its for a progressive cause.

Insult all you want. Curse with your naked soul. Shout till you loose your voice. Run as fast as light. Die and resurrect. Go on hunger strike. Whatever you like, a Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria. If that's he's and your dream, then it will only be a dream.

Guess u are soothsayer and you can see the future..since u can see the future, pls tell me what happens when jonathan rules till 2019. Was our economy better, did corruption reduce drastically, will boko haram go on extinction or will it still be our time to witness bombing because bombing is everywhere..just tell me so I can vote for GEJ.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by zubby29(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2014
bbc has never had anytin good to say abt us,dey dnt wnt good for us
DonaldGenes:
An insane Nigerian Will agree with this hogwash written by BBC....

Both candidates are capable but one is more capable than the other which is Buhari, his body.language alone will make anyone not to steal... I carefully read his speech /body language...

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by actYourDreams: 8:47am On Dec 12, 2014
If "[the] evidence to prove [GMB] has what it takes to fix [Nigeria]" is little, any for GEJ? @willintune
mikeansy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30429366

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by naijasaints: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2014
If Buhari cannot fix nigeria then UK should come and fix it.Idiots
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Godiskind: 8:52am On Dec 12, 2014
I dont go by what is coming frm BBC because I know america & Uk have some selfish economic interest. They benefit from nigeria's corrupt leadership, that is why they will not support anybody that will bring change. Gej is a right candidate for them because d corruptn in his leadership enrich their economy.
Nigerians be wise! I am a christian and buhari is an islamist but I dont believe in sentiment

1 Like

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by VolvoS60(m): 8:53am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
all this people saying Buhari will fix Nigeria should watch the video above and see if they see a leader to lookup to.

The paper he is reading was clearly written by someone else and he deliever the speech like he does not even believe in it.

If I am Jonathan all I will do is engage Buhari as many times as possible on live TV and lets see how anyone else other than his obvious base will vote for him.

^^^^
Be careful what you wish for.

You have made a judgment on Mr Buhari based on a single 8 minute speech, non? The problem Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has is that he will be judged based on his speeches and his actions over a 6 year period. How will he fare?

I do not know who will win the presidential election next year. What I do know is that my household and I will NOT be voting for Dr Goodluck Jonathan and the party whose platform he will run on. Never have, never will. But I WILL vote. Just as I always have. As long as there is life and health in me, I will cast that ballot come February 14 next year.

What you do not understand is that the next election is a referendum on the performance of Dr Jonathan and the party he is representing. Buhari is not on trial here. Jonathan is. Buhari isn't the one who has to present a report card to Nigerians. Jonathan is.

As I said earlier, I have no way of knowing who will win the next election. That is up to Nigerians to decide. What is clear is that the 2015 election is a test of the ability of Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable. It is a test of their understanding of the Social Contract. Nigerians have had a number of presidents over the last 15 years running under the platform of the ruling party. Yet their country's infrastructure remains very poor. Incomes are low and over half the population lives below the poverty line. Hope and time are fast ebbing away for an entire generation that thought it would rise above the failures of its predecessors. And worst of all, the leadership of the current administration (like all the other PDP governments before it) remains morally deficient and thoroughly compromised. The "I don't give a damn" and "stealing is not corruption" comments are still ringing in my ears as I type this - in serious countries, such statements by a sitting president would have brought down the government in a matter of days. Nigerians however, stood idly by. Or did they? Will they take their revenge next February?

It is up to Nigerians to decide how they wish to live. To those young people on here who desperately want jobs and livelihoods and yet proudly announce that they will not be voting next year, I ask you: has Abba Moro or the Ministry of Internal Affairs refunded the money collected for the immigration recruitment exercise that cost so many young and not so young lives? Has somebody paid for the criminal negligence that led to the deaths in that stadium?

Nigeria - your future is in your hands.

5 Likes

Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by angelsing(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2014
kaboninc:

It is you who have not heard any good news in a long time. And sadly, it going by your mindset, you may never hear any good news.

Did u say his Mindset?..2 days ago it was bomb blast in kano, yesterday it was another bomb blast in jos, is this what we can call Good news?...I know people will say let the north keep bombing them self but they shud remember those northerners are Nigerian and they deserve to live
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by cy4cent(f): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2014
you have made no sense !!!!!!!!
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by fritxie101(m): 8:57am On Dec 12, 2014
mikeansy:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30429366

but there is a high evidence that GEJ will change Nigeria ryt?
Youre just a bloody reporter, so just concentrate on reporting live events and not events that do not have chance of happening.
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by OZAMMS(m): 8:58am On Dec 12, 2014
Something good Is about to happen to This country i Can feel it #SAI GMB
Re: There Is Little Evidence Buhari Can Fix Nigeria - BBC Will Ross by Gordieshegz(m): 8:59am On Dec 12, 2014
Wat do u expect the inglorious bastard to say?? In our dreams,we expect the west to support anyfin that will help reduce nigeria's dependency on them?? I am sure same Will Ross will endorse Ngozi iweala's impoverishing procedures and economic reforms that have almost dragged Nigeria economy into mess...who are they decieving?? We do not care about their endorsement of Buhari...Jonathan that they endorsed,what good has he done Nigeria?? They know if they pressure pressure Jonathan real well,their homosexualism may come to pass,but with buhari,no way!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Appoints Kenneth Kobani As SSG / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / BREAKING: PDP Legal Team Summons Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.