Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook (53045 Views)

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Senator Shehu Sani Declared Wives Among His Assets....Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
Why will GMB not have '@least' one million naira when Boko boys are on his payroll...Abi do they work for him for free??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by dunkem21(m): 12:52pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ovamboland:

Our psyche and values is so badly damaged that we are not even happy with politicians who don't turn into overnight successful business tycoon only after gaining access to public funds. The same way religious leaders are expected to turn to adept businessmen only when they gain access to interest free tithes, offerings and regular stream of tax free donations with the congregation as ready, choiceless consumers of their products.

What Buhari has declared is decent for a retired General's normal income and pension. And he must be good at basic management to have 150 heads and still growing heads of cattle roughly valued at 15 Million Naira.
With this type of mentality even ordinary people not so-strong willed will feel odd and stupid not to make money apart from their normal income from the till entrusted to them.

I remember Bill Clinton after he left the US presidency was trying to syndicate loans of $1.6 million to buy a home when a Nigerian politician beat him to it paying cash down. Iranian former president Ahmedinajad was found riding a bus to lecture his engineering students which was his job before he was elected president. Typical Nigerians will consider any former local leader as foolish or 'was followed from the village' to be caught dead in this type of situation. As they say a people get the type of leadership they deserve.

Jonathan type of leader till we get sense! grin

You mentioned religious leaders accepting tithes and offerings but never saw anything wrong with facebook calls for donations from the masses towards a failed bid.

What he declared is far far below what is expected of a retired general cum former head of state. Do you know that his monthly allowance runs in tens of millions? ..Not even 1500 cows if his business is cattle rearing (no puns).

..and have to borrow to build two houses and a country home. Him for kukuma rent 2 bedroom self contained apartment make we know say im no koropt.
Point one politician of his social standing that says this crap even from his inner circle. El-rufai has a successful business.
Abeg, make una no drag me back to the agrarian age. Shebi, him come Lagos see scrapers wey small boys dey erect with the sweat of their thighs and God's blessings.

Mbanu, He can't be my role model.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by brownlord2: 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
When is the President declaring his Asset?

You should be ashamed bro.

Forget the fact he was a head of state and ptf chairman. My father never attain the rank of buhari, but dint borrow money to build his house, he retired and was comfortable before his death. How can a general in the army borrow to build a house.

Nigeria wise up, this man has nothing to offer this country, neither is goodluck.

He got 1 million and ran three elections already, 4th is counting, and some people believe this crap?

If truly he is poor and people are to sponsor his election, then we should not vote for him because he will spend the whole regime paying his debt, imagine paying money he borrowed for past three elections and this making 4th.

Nigeria about to enter from fry pan to fire
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by ewosk: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
grin grin

English.....''At Least'''

a standing ovation now for declaring a megre assets that in all probability is 'false'

bt will ''Gmb'' b bold to go to fb or wherever to declare his assets 3 months after ''if'' he gets elected......ruminate on that....
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by agabaI23(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
waleadex:
If really true,this is indeed unimaginable of a prominent Nigerian politician. I respect you GMB.
Prominent Nigerian Politician who has never held a political office?

@Op
at least 1 million naira? Someone who has 100 million has at least 1 million same as someone with 1 billion and 1 trillion respectively....
What are we celebrating?
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by major466(m): 1:02pm On Dec 13, 2014
yashau:
HON. DINO MELAYE
Wrote
I read online the question a lady asked. The question
is
how can Buhari who earns over 300million naira
yearly
claim that he can not afford to pay 27million naira for
the
APC presidential form. I became interested and
decided to
investigate. I went to the ministry of Finance where I
discovered that it is true that all former Presidents
and
Head of states actually get 23million naira monthly.
But I
found out that General Buhari actually wrote the
minister
of Finance to reject the 23million monthly pay. He
said in
his letter that he will only accept 10percent or that
amount which is 2.3million and that is what he has
been
taking. This is just to clear the air. What a Nigerian!
what
class of integrity!
God please make us men and women of integrity.
Amin.
Lies from the pit of hell.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by cupidhero(m): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
OliviaPope:

This can only mean two things.

1) He borrowed money to build all three houses
Or
2) He borrowed money to build the one in Daura, even though he had other houses. Who does that ?

If he actually said these things, then he puts the D in Daft
A lil scrutiny and you will observe the statement is false. if he contnues like this he will lose my vote.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by aspirebig: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2014
Mi o gbaaa
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Omadachi(m): 1:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
I just pray Buhari become the next president of Nigeria.Is an honest and corruption free personality.Most Nigerians despise people of such calibre.Instead out of sentiments they want GEJ to continue even if He sink the whole country the fact is from south south is not a problem.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2014
A big lie from the pit of hell. Why wont he collect the whole money and give the rest to charity?
major466:

Lies from the pit of hell.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by munex007(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
Yes he lost buh he never gave up..he never gave up because he had a good intention for Nigeria..He never gave up because he believe he can give his all to help Nigeria,He never gave up because he his determined..

He is neither a defeatist nor a pessimist. He knows himself, he knows Nigerians and he knows how to overcome difficulties and make Nigeria a better place for all.

This is indeed General Muhammadu Buhari, a man of intimidating personality and credentials,an epitome of intergrity, an incorruptible politician..

#SaiBuhari
pweshex:
This stuff isn't necessary, he has been losing ryt from time and it won't end in2015
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by medamillion(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ezedon:
STORY
Of course it should sound like a story to you but not sincere nigerians who love their country and cherish posterity.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
That is a lie. If GMD is honest, he would have collected the money and give away the other 10 percent to charity.
Etruth:
. All former Presidents and Head
of states actually get 23million naira monthly.
Buhari wrote a letter to
the Minister of Finance .He said in his letter that he will
only accept 10percent or that amount which is
2.3million and that is what he has been taking. So Buhari monthly payment is
N2.3m instead of N23m.

This is just to clear the air

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by MORNDEW(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
Eyepencil:
YOU ARE A BIG FOOL....AIN'T GOT UR TIME. SWERVE!
What do you expect from an eye pencil whose school fees have been wasted.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by ayindejimmy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
OliviaPope:

This can only mean two things.

1) He borrowed money to build all three houses
Or
2) He borrowed money to build the one in Daura, even though he had other houses. Who does that ?

If he actually said these things, then he puts the D in Daft
Almost everyone in the developed country borrow to buy houses. He probably borrowed from the bank cos he's credit worthy.
It's left for anyone that feels contrary to prove him wrong

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by emmykk(m): 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
Caseless:
The general has spoken- you can't beat that.
Gej(mr stealing-is-not- corruption), over to u.
stealing is not corruption,Gej is right but you guys are dam daft.he quoted icpc.and icpc know better
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Validated: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
Pa Buhari lied. He bankrolled three consecutive presidential elections and going for a fourth with...at least N1m?

Which bank did he borrow money from to build houses when he has had no job since 1984? At least N1M means from N1m to N999.99m. Is it safe then for GEJ To declare that he has AT LEAST N1M?

Pa Buhari is corruption disguised!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
liar

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by medamillion(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Reference:

Then what....
Then that's why you should vote for him if you want a BETTER nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by tabisegroup(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2014

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
ayindejimmy:

Almost everyone in the developed country borrow to buy houses. He probably borrowed from the bank cos he's credit worthy.
It's left for anyone that feels contrary to prove him wrong

You borrow to build house if you have a means of livelihood

I dont think a Bank give mortgage to pensioners who do not have evidence of huge sums of money sitting somewhere in their account

If Buhari claims to be a pensioner then how did he secure this loan? He must have shown huge sums of money to secure that mortgage. If he has that amount of savings then why do you need a mortgage. None of this adds up to be honest

If Buhari knows anything he will accept that he is as imperfect and unclean as others and then just move on and tell us his economic programs
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
DDeliverer:
Why will GMB not have '@least' one million naira when Boko boys are on his payroll...Abi do they work for him for free??
evidence or i don't believe u:-P
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Habeyy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Goddex:

[size=15pt]President Jonathan had since declared his assets

Meanwhile, what does Buhari mean by "I have atleast 1m in my account?"

Hahahahaha . . . . the abokii wants to confuse us with English. "Atleast 1m" can as well mean 900m or 1b naira[/size].
and after all they will be portraying PEJ as "OLODO" all hail the president of teslim balogun stadium....
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Etruth: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
Stillfire:

So because Jonathan has no vision, I should vote another visionless person in. Is that your argument or what? What new idea is Buhari bringing in?
Locking you up with hard labour for incurable stupidity would be a good first step. At least, btw 80-90% of funds budgeted are looted and nobody is brought to book for any crime. The first way to bring about development is to block the hole through which the money leaks away.Then clamp down hard on all proven perpetrators of the crime to serve as deterrent to those nursing similar evil motives. Loots recovered can then be re-invested in improving education,power,health,judicial, infrastructure,aviation, job creation,Agriculture etc. As long as the Cabal milkng the country is in place,there is no way the country can move forward, because money that would have been used to develop and strengthen various sectors is what the cabals hijack. And Gej whimpers and scampers to safety when the cabals sneeze. #You don't need all the ideas in the world to be a good leader. Have good intentions for the country, personal integrity and a strong character, alongside a formidable team of technocrats and you will do a wonderful job. Unfortunately, the bolded attributes above are alien to GEJ

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by fineworker24(m): 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2014
Ezedon:
This is what we hear in Nollywood, i borrowed money to build houses, thats how we heard that gej had no shoes, if he finally win , he will try to be richer than Dangote with our public fund
The same way they told us that Obasanjo has less than N20,000.00(twenty thousand naira) in his account.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by benodic: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
i am still waiting for a public appology from Buhari over what his supporters did to us in azare, bauchi state after the 2011 election.
till then, i reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Caseless: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
emmykk:
stealing is not corruption,Gej is right but you guys are dam daft.he quoted icpc.and icpc know better
duck.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Jesusloveyou: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2014
dunkem21:

You mentioned religious leaders accepting tithes and offerings but never saw anything wrong with facebook calls for donations from the masses towards a failed bid.

What he declared is far far below what is expected of a retired general cum former head of state. Do you know that his monthly allowance runs in tens of millions? ..Not even 1500 cows if his business is cattle rearing (no puns).

..and have to borrow to build two houses and a country home. Him for kukuma rent 2 bedroom self contained apartment make we know say im no koropt.
Point one politician of his social standing that says this crap even from his inner circle. El-rufai has a successful business.
Abeg, make una no drag me back to the agrarian age. Shebi, him come Lagos see scrapers wey small boys dey erect with the sweat of their thighs and God's blessings.

Mbanu, He can't be my role model.
unbelievable,small boys without jobs,i pity my pple,too much corruption,when d head is rotten,d body goes bad.d battle is now btw good and evil,btw saTANiod and d rest of us(d poor masses).
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nogen: 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
Liés from the hit of hell shocked undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Etruth: 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
ebubest19:
That is a lie. If GMD is honest, he would have collected the money and give away the other 10 percent to charity.
Your thinking is flawed. A modest person feels such amount is unjustifiable as his pension and shows he still has a conscience by rejecting it and you accuse him of dishonesty. I can't get the point in your suggestion even after reading it many times. So you can accept something continously against your will and then give some part away to appease your conscience? Well, you are a product of this society where values have gone into extinction. Not everybody is like you; some people actually have personal principles and wouldn't touch what is not theirs even at the point of death.Such men are rare, GMB is one of them. I am one also, that's why I can recognise that trait in him.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by major466(m): 2:25pm On Dec 13, 2014
Etruth:
. All former Presidents and Head
of states actually get 23million naira monthly.
Buhari wrote a letter to
the Minister of Finance .He said in his letter that he will
only accept 10percent or that amount which is
2.3million and that is what he has been taking. So Buhari monthly payment is
N2.3m instead of N23m.

This is just to clear the air
Stop spreading lies. The Ministry of Finance has since refuted the claim that they got a letter from Buhari asking to be given only 10% of his entitlement.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Change2015(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
staymore:

I am not unaware of how things work in this country that is why one time Head of state, NNPC boss can not tell me such blatant lie that he built on loan, bought nomination form on loan etc and I belief him. Inasmuch as Jonathan is not a saint, Buhari can not tell me he is an angel just to get my vote.

He should tell that to his cows.

Buhari has never claimed to be an angel, but do you see him at owambe the day after bombs have killed our brothers and sisters? Has he told you stealing is not corruption? Have you seen his wife chasing government contracts? Have you heard he has major business interests anywhere? Not every Nigerian is as avaricious as you imagine. We don't all worship ill-gotten wealth and it's public display. That has never been GMBs style. If you have proof to the contrary please provide it. Did he hate igbo so much that he was recommending Dora Akunyili, who worked under him at ptdf, to Obasanjo that he doesn't even like? Did Dora not turn out to be a performer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

DSS: We Didn’t Arrest Sowore In Court — His Supporters Were Only Acting / Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) / Obiano Receives Victor Umeh And Other Guests After Release From EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.