Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook (52986 Views)

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Senator Shehu Sani Declared Wives Among His Assets....Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by medamillion(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Ezedon:
he will try to be richer than Dangote with our public fund
Buhari has had enough opportunities to b 2x Dangote richer if he wanted to. He has held many sensitive posts in d past, he is a man of integrity.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by staymore: 11:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Very cunning man, always pretending to be poor to gain sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by oluwakekz(m): 11:06am On Dec 13, 2014
I so much respect gmb, but this I really don't like for!!!!!!! He really don't have to tell us this.............. We don't buy sweet mouth talk again. Still gmb
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2014
slap1:
Borrowing to build is a sign of discontentment and laziness. Very bad attributes if you ask me.
who says, does government teachers that were given car loans while they pay small small from there salary are they lazy ?guy reason nam well now.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by bobbyspeed(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
Empero1:
Although , I am fully in support of GMB candidature this time around , however , I think he should do himself justice by limiting his public utterances , especially like on this subject under discussion here . Most of us know him too well , thus we can be provoked into revealing the secrets about his financial worth nay how he enriched himself during his saddles in the previous political posts he held .

Yes , he does not have his loots directly under his name , but we know his proxies that hold his investment trusts world all over .

And what are u waiting for? Reveal his secret wealth and the proxies but be ready to face litigation if you can not substantiate your claim with evidential facts

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by BobNeli(m): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2014
latestsunny:
I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party. I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never.”
- General Buhari #‎SIAleekansi‬ #‎SIAmission2rebulid2015‬
A cattle rearer to rule humanbeigns? This is tantamount to the severest insensitivity. A nation of morethan 160 million population to only look up to an old cattle rearer for transformation? Amussing

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Ovamboland(m): 11:09am On Dec 13, 2014
jahbiz:
As much as I love you man,
As much as I want you to occupy Aso Rock in 2015,
I am not gonna believe this shiiit. Oh maybe ds came from ur PA and when u have decided to tell me the truth multiply whats up there by 10 @least and includes some foreign accounts.

It is understandably difficult to believe any Nigerian who has passed through the highest level of government, especially with the evidence we see around. But this man has made his assets public and our duty is not to stare in disbelief but to find evidence to the contrary to be sure the story is true. I am sure the DSS are equipped to sniff out this information on behalf of the government. The fact that DSS is still drawing a blank is either because the story is true or Buhari is super smart to hide the evidence successfully.

It will also be a tragedy to support someone you are certain will steal from you and encourage many others to help themselves to our collective patrimony.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Eyepencil: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2014
MORNDEW:

What has he done? I crave to know
IS TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION, U CAN TAKE A TOUR ROUND THE COUNTRY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by madjune(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2014
@BASBONE.

Having just read your comment, its unfortunate to note that most nairalanders whom I presume were (either not born when Buhari ruled or were babies in their homes) spew mere cooked diatribes called opinion fed from 3rd hand rumours.
Clearly, 80% of your supposed analysis are not backed with factual evidence. They're what you feel are the truth.
They are stereotypes on what you expect the average Nigerian miitary leader to live up to.
But nay, Buhari is different.

I can agree with you on some level-
His was a military regime. Yes.
There were draconian laws. Yes.
The press had its limit. Yes
Corrupt people were locked up and not immediately charged. Yes.

BUT

Their regime was firm and ruled with iron hand for a PURPOSE- TO SANITIZE NIGERIA AND INSTIL A CULTURE OF DISCIPLINE WHICH HAD ERODED

UNDER BUHAR'S GOVT

He rejected the IMF LOAN and stabilized the economy. ( The western powers didn't like this an they fear he will do it again)

The naira was at par, if not stronger than the dollar.
(Ghanians were rushing to come and live in Nigera)

Civil servants who can't finish their houses (retirees mosty) can apply for govt assistance.
Only thing is, your gate and walls will be painted nigerian colors.

Prices of goods were affordable and constant as he ruled.

NOW, ON ASSETS

I'm not saying Buhari is a saint but, his govt told Nigerians the truth.
They could very well have lied if they wanted to but they didn't.

Here you have someone who has declared his assets. Its now left to you and western agencies to investigate him.
I've no doubt that if investigated properly, the truth will be ascertained.
For having the courage to declare, that should tell you something about the man.

BUT SINCE YOU ARE BLINDED BY THE AGE LONG CURSE PREVENTING NIGERINS FROM CHOOSING RIGHT

You can only see and spew negativity.

AND YOU'RE ROOTING FOR A PRESIDENT WHO SAID HE CAN'T DECLARE HIS ASSETS AGAINST ONE WHO DOES?

My brother, I hope you truly love your future.
Thank you.

basbone:
i know that in mathematics, and probability precisely, when you say, atleast one million naira, it means that you have either one million or much more greater than a million. It could be one billion.....who cares? You said you have around 150 cows....that youre not certain how many they are.........and we really dont care how many cattles you. You borrowed money to build three houses in three states.....who gives a fvck about that? You went bankrupt after your military jamboree and lose all your foreign accounts to yarinya and reckless lifestyle......well, thats the life of a military man......loot money, blow money and most retired officers have no house of their own. They spend their money as it comes........so nobody gives a shit about your bankrupt foreign accounts, ok? But truth be told, you are more clueless than GEJ cos you dont plan, you dont invest and you know nothing about economics, so how will you steer the economic affairs of this country? You will only lead us to bankruptcy and empty foreign reserve. So get a life and step down. You are a real NAF: No Future Ambition.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Reference(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2014
latestsunny:
I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party. I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never.”
- General Buhari #‎SIAleekansi‬ #‎SIAmission2rebulid2015‬

Aaargh....not again. Mr. Buhari please, this election is not about you. Its about us. What you have or don't have, what you are or are not is inconsequential to us.

It is about how you will 'make us' less corrupt, less religious, less sectional. Because in Nigeria leadership is highly overrated. As a maxim leader previously you've tried it but it didn't stick. You were accused of 'over-sabi' on one side and double standards on the other. I'm not sure in 2015 we Nigerians are totally fed up with our corrupt, evil ways, so....

We may elect you but may not follow your ideals so what is the point of these ceaseless acts of piety. Just tell me how to stop me from my evil ways oh General.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by MORNDEW(m): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2014
seunlayi:
....this GMD is sick.

victory to BH
long live TInutiev
Now my friend its GMB not GMD. Do you know its because this guys don't take you people serious cos they know many of you are still sucklings. If not many of u would have gone to prison for what we call assasination of character or slandering. Calling a man thief or bokoharam without concrete facts or evidence amounts to serious crime. Your brain might be stuffed with akamu but pls help urself nobody awards ignorance and stupidity.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by yaskarahyelhope(f): 11:11am On Dec 13, 2014
I tot U said U borrowed money to buy ya nomination form. Where did U get d Money to do ya campaign? Oh! I forgot, ISIS are d great suppliers, U registered and confirmed jihardist. Who are U deceiving? Leave Nigeria alone. Go and sit down and continue ya godfatherism there. U and OBJ are one of a kind. U mustn't be a president to take of this blessed country. Leave us alone. Leave Nigeria d heaven alone...........!

LEAVE NIGERIA ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Ahmeduana(m): 11:12am On Dec 13, 2014
waleadex:
If really true,this is indeed unimaginable of a prominent Nigerian politician. I respect you GMB.
DON'T BE A DUMBA§ read mans statement all over again, YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE STATEMENT IS A FRAUD. when somebody say atleast what does that implies? And is making the statement on facebook, where he knows that the statement is retrieveable in coming years, by then he will be saying that i said (ATLEAST)
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 11:12am On Dec 13, 2014
dadojo:
How can Gen Buhari claim to have built his houses with borrowed money, when he drives around in bullet proof vehicles as revealed by the assasination attempt on his life? If I'm not mistaken, the price of one bullet proof car can comfortably build two mansions of 20 room capacity each in my village.
Rtd Gen, pls get more intelligent advisers...
this kind of people gets donations.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Change2015(m): 11:13am On Dec 13, 2014
http://leadership.ng/columns/379194/wants-buhari-dead

Article says the armoured jeep Buhari used was provided by an APC chieftain
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Laredojohn(m): 11:13am On Dec 13, 2014
Does he need all dis? The houses. He borrowed money to build, will he use Nigeria's money to repay? He should look for the campaign strategies to use,this strategy he is starting with is not sellable.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by leoebhos(m): 11:14am On Dec 13, 2014
9jii:
THE MASSES ALWAYS SEE HIM AS THEIR OWN

HES THE ONLY FORMER PRESIDENT WITHOUT RESOURCES SCATTERED ALL OVER 9JA N ABROAD.

When you knw him you ll like him.

Oga you don't know anything about him, stop deceiving yaself
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 11:14am On Dec 13, 2014
BobNeli:
A cattle rearer to rule humanbeigns? This is tantamount to the severest insensitivity. A nation of morethan 160 million population to only look up to an old cattle rearer for transformation? Amussing
what as a phd holder done to transform your own life gan?
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by sokera: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2014
basbone:
i know that in mathematics, and probability precisely, when you say, atleast one million naira, it means that you have either one million or much more greater than a million. It could be one billion.....who cares? You said you have around 150 cows....that youre not certain how many they are.........and we really dont care how many cattles you. You borrowed money to build three houses in three states.....who gives a fvck about that? You went bankrupt after your military jamboree and lose all your foreign accounts to yarinya and reckless lifestyle......well, thats the life of a military man......loot money, blow money and most retired officers have no house of their own. They spend their money as it comes........so nobody gives a shit about your bankrupt foreign accounts, ok? But truth be told, you are more clueless than GEJ cos you dont plan, you dont invest and you know nothing about economics, so how will you steer the economic affairs of this country? You will only lead us to bankruptcy and empty foreign reserve. So get a life and step down. You are a real NAF: No Future Ambition.
i guess you will say GEJ knows Abt economic affairs of this country because GEJ use 1 billion naira for food ? I'm sure u don't know what transpirency is , just think and be smart because you future and children's furure
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by sunnyflakes(m): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2014
SmatJ:

Are a Nigerian?
He once held d position of the president, then a minister, a governor, PTF boss, to mention but a few...See A very good CV...Not a shoeless begining grin

BROS THAT'S A FAT LIE GMB WAS NEVER A PRESIDENT. HE WAS MERELY A MILITARY OFFICER WHO SOMERSAULTED OUR NASCENT DEMOCRACY.... IMAGING HE DIDN'T PULL THAT STUNT... THINK OF WHERE NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN BY NOW..... I PITY U ALL FOR TRYING TO TWIST HISTORY BECAUSE UR AEREONAKANKAFO TINUBU IS AT FOREFRONT OF THIS STRUGGLE.... HE WAS AN ORDINARY HEAD OF STATE...... WHICH CONDEMNED HIS CV

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by rigarmortis: 11:15am On Dec 13, 2014
what he is saying is that ''at least 1m'' is his minimum balance in each account he maintains, that means, just like some banks have #500 minimum, which you cant cash, he considers an account empty if he has ''at least'' 1m in it

Now considering that he must have ''at least'' 50 accounts, thats ''at least'' 50m laying idle.

Now consider a man who drives bomb proof cars, ok, even if its not bomb proof, its ''at least'' bullet proof, such a man who keep just 1m in an account so ''at least 1m'' is a real number between 1m and infinity times ''at least'' 50 accounts.

#atleast1m
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by tclever: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2014
Bawss1:
He is never comfortable without cows? grin
It got me cracking also grin
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by bobbyspeed(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2014
mikeslim:
Interesting, this man is quite open, nothing to hide. The lowest amount in his account is 1milla, the highest only him, his account officer and Oga at the top knows.

I don't seems to understand why logic is absent in this argument. It is expected that bank accounts are not fixed but fluid or changes over time. So the word at least used by GMB is most appropriate. We should not expect him to say specifically he has 1m NGN when tomorrow the amount he has in his bank account could go up genuinely from legal income which can be verified by anti corruption agencies when the need arise.

GMB did the right thing to say the minimum amount that could be traced to his bank account is 1M naira.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by naijatruth: 11:19am On Dec 13, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, pls don't be deceived with English and mathematical languages. Buhari made a probalistic statement "at least 1m" can mean #1m to infinity, it can be $200 trillion and above. some people have started been sympathetic to a bloody politheifcian who has NO truth in him.
Secondly, if you believe that Buhari borrowed money to build his 3 houses, why can't you borrow from where he borrowed to build yours? what happened to his salaries and allowances as a military senior officer and a former military head of state. If true, He is economically inbalance, a frugal spender, a misfit, a liar seeking cheap sympathy and he is not a solution to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2014
If you lik have #l,000 in your account. Am not part of those Mumu that will believe your lies. Looking for sympathy to get vote. Ole

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by skyface00(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2014
All d ex president of Nigeria collected 23million every months but only GMB refused 2 take it but 10% from it and was confirmed by ministry of finance...

youngeagle:
This man always borrowing,so his pension as an ex-president 7million is all he could save....this old liar should take several seats
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2014
HugeMac:
MR MAN STOP SPITTING NONSENSE, WHO IS HONEST ? DO YOU KNOW THAT IBB'S IS THE RICHEST IN THIS COUNTRY , HE HAS ASSETS REGISTERED UNDER OTHER PEOPLE , BUT FORBES CANT FIGURE THAT OUT , VOTING A NORTHERNER WILL ONLY TAKE THIS COUNTRY BACKWARDS , THEY DONT APPOINT MINISTERS BASED ON QUALIFICATION BUT BASED ON TRIBE , EVER HEARD OF QUOTA SYSTEM , IF U NEED CHANGE BETTER BE PATIENT , CUZ WITH BUHARI , YOU WILL COMPLAIN MORE THAN THIS
how could you say such thing"voting a notherner will bring the nation backward"well am no a notherner but tribe should not be brought into this all we want is a good leadership which has being lacking for the last decade.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by MORNDEW(m): 11:21am On Dec 13, 2014
yaskarahyelhope:
I tot U said U borrowed money to buy ya nomination form. Where did U get d Money to do ya campaign? Oh! I forgot, ISIS are d great suppliers, U registered and confirmed jihardist. Who are U deceiving? Leave Nigeria alone. Go and sit down and continue ya godfatherism there. U and OBJ are one of a kind. U mustn't be a president to take of this blessed country. Leave us alone. Leave Nigeria d heaven alone...........!

LEAVE NIGERIA ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Now, wen we were small, we use to catch the babies of birds and sometimes they die on our hands. One day my sister caught them and wen she brot dem home, my mum shouted at her asled her to take dem back to their mother. Her reason was that she is a woman and would one day have her own children how will she feel wen some1 comes to take dem. Whts d essence of this story? You ar a woman mind how you say nonsemse that you dont know. Think of ur unborn children.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Change2015(m): 11:22am On Dec 13, 2014
staymore:
Very cunning man, always pretending to be poor to gain sympathy.

You must be ignorant about Nigerian culture. We do not respect poor people. Unless the poverty has passed, praise the Lord. Poor people will kill a person who steals bread and worship the man who steals their land and wealth. Even you are evidence of that. Between Jonathan being a mediocre lecturer and deputy/governor of Bayelsa, where do you think the 900m naira Yaradua forced him to declare came from? Continue to praise the people that rip you off kwanu! That is how Nigeria came to its knees under Jonathan. Pardon and national honours for thieves. Followed by thanksgiving in church.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by manutdadex(m): 11:23am On Dec 13, 2014
Bawss1:
He is never comfortable without cows? grin
lolz....u for don knw wetin dat one mean na! Na cow go full aso rock...or beta stil him go replace those horses wey dey our coat of arm wit cows! Mallam osi...these tinz shows his level of management skills!
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Reference(m): 11:23am On Dec 13, 2014
sanmibukunmi:
The same pathetic story Gej used to lure us into voting for him is being used by d major opposition again Instead of building campaigns on Ideas and Debates we are using Life stories....Nigeria is not Ready for change.

I'm just getting fed up of the whole thing. Its becoming wierd. Leadership is so overrated. What is he going to do. We are not interested in his personality. Democracy doesn't work that way. Has he found out why Babangida was able to remove him without (figuratively) a shot being fired, without the popular revolt of the adoring public.

Look, Tafawa Balewa had far less in the treasury than Buhari. Did it or has it changed Nigeria. There is something about this country we are yet to grasp and I feel in excitement we are leaning too far out of the balcony.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by abacusCm(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
barcanista:
When is the President declaring his Asset?
when he go back to Otueke in 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Twitter Ban: Rowdy Session As Rep Members Walk Out Of Plenary Over Controversy / Photos Of Agba Jalingo Before His Arrest At Revolution Now Protest / Many Nigerians In Our South Africa Are Drug Traffickers- Naledi Pandor, Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.