Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook (52984 Views)

Buhari Declares Total Support For Palestinian State / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Senator Shehu Sani Declared Wives Among His Assets....Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by 1stola: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
nigerianvenom:
U can continue lying to ur cows,its only them dat will believe u.all they will say is "sai buhar" but on feb 14,they themselves wont vote u
This is funny.
Sai buhari all the way still...
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Ovamboland(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
dunkem21:
Ehen. People are showing how sharp they are in bursting propaganda.

I have at least N1m could mean anything. If that is all his assets, then we don't need a broke guy like him who cant manage his pensions well and delve into other business that will enlarge his coast. People that went to bury their talent when others multiplied theirs a hundred fold.

Are you telling us that you dont want to be like Tinubu, Fashola, Amaechi with plenty money or what?

Small boys for Idumota wey dey do clean hustling don build hotels and filling stations. I just hope Nigeria will not be taken back to old days of cattle rearing.

If this is all you got, honestly, you are a failure. Why, why are you not successful? A successful leader inspires and motivates others.

In his voice, Take his talent and give to the guy that laboured and multiplied his talents and take him out where there shall be ...................

Our psyche and values is so badly damaged that we are not even happy with politicians who don't turn into overnight successful business tycoon only after gaining access to public funds. The same way religious leaders are expected to turn to adept businessmen only when they gain access to interest free tithes, offerings and regular stream of tax free donations with the congregation as ready, choiceless consumers of their products.

What Buhari has declared is decent for a retired General's normal income and pension. And he must be good at basic management to have 150 heads and still growing heads of cattle roughly valued at 15 Million Naira.
With this type of mentality even ordinary people not so-strong willed will feel odd and stupid not to make money apart from their normal income from the till entrusted to them.

I remember Bill Clinton after he left the US presidency was trying to syndicate loans of $1.6 million to buy a home when a Nigerian politician beat him to it paying cash down. Iranian former president Ahmedinajad was found riding a bus to lecture his engineering students which was his job before he was elected president. Typical Nigerians will consider any former local leader as foolish or 'was followed from the village' to be caught dead in this type of situation. As they say a people get the type of leadership they deserve.

Jonathan type of leader till we get sense! grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Gozieobasi: 11:24am On Dec 13, 2014
sunnyflakes:

BROS THAT'S A FAT LIE GMB WAS NEVER A PRESIDENT. HE WAS MERELY A MILITARY OFFICER WHO SOMERSAULTED OUR NASCENT DEMOCRACY.... IMAGING HE DIDN'T PULL THAT STUNT... THINK OF WHERE NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BEEN BY NOW..... I PITY U ALL FOR TRYING TO TWIST HISTORY BECAUSE UR AEREONAKANKAFO TINUBU IS AT FOREFRONT OF THIS STRUGGLE.... HE WAS AN ORDINARY HEAD OF STATE...... WHICH CONDEMNED HIS CV
you called head of state ordinary?
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Reference(m): 11:26am On Dec 13, 2014
medamillion:
Buhari has had enough opportunities to b 2x Dangote richer if he wanted to. He has held many sensitive posts in d past, he is a man of integrity.

Then what....
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 13, 2014
bobbyspeed:

I don't seems to understand why logic is absent in this argument. It is expected that bank accounts are not fixed but fluid or changes over time. So the word at least used by GMB is most appropriate. We should not expect him to say specifically he has 1m NGN when tomorrow the amount he has in his bank account could go up genuinely from legal income which can be verified by anti corruption agencies when the need arise.

GMB did the right thing to say the minimum amount that could be traced to his bank account is 1M naira.

absolute rubbish

he should say the specific amount he has at the specific time and dates of the asset declaration

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Change2015(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2014
Reference:

Aaargh....not again. Mr. Buhari please, this election is not about you. Its about us. What you have or don't have, what you are or are not is inconsequential to us.

It is about how you will 'make us' less corrupt, less religious, less sectional. Because in Nigeria leadership is highly overrated. As a maxim leader previously you've tried it but it didn't stick. You were accused of 'over-sabi' on one side and double standards on the other. I'm not sure in 2015 we Nigerians are totally fed up with our corrupt, evil ways, so....

We may elect you but may not follow your ideals so what is the point of these ceaseless acts of piety. Just tell me how to stop me from my evil ways oh General.

Truly this is one of the most honest posts I've ever seen on nairaland. We the people need to recognise our deficiencies and resolve to tackle them. By the time the police and judicial system start to work without partiality, most of us will check ourselves. We always cry for good leaders but even in church we do as we want. Do we actually faithfully understand and follow any faith, political ideology, anything at all? Our hypocrisy is stunning!
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by 99100(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2014
basbone:
i know that in mathematics, and probability precisely, when you say, atleast one million naira, it means that you have either one million or much more greater than a million. It could be one billion.....who cares? You said you have around 150 cows....that youre not certain how many they are.........and we really dont care how many cattles you. You borrowed money to build three houses in three states.....who gives a fvck about that? You went bankrupt after your military jamboree and lose all your foreign accounts to yarinya and reckless lifestyle......well, thats the life of a military man......loot money, blow money and most retired officers have no house of their own. They spend their money as it comes........so nobody gives a shit about your bankrupt foreign accounts, ok? But truth be told, you are more clueless than GEJ cos you dont plan, you dont invest and you know nothing about economics, so how will you steer the economic affairs of this country? You will only lead us to bankruptcy and empty foreign reserve. So get a life and step down. You are a real NAF: No Future Ambition.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by patpeypey: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2014
latestsunny:
I have at least one million naira in my bank, having paid N5.5 million to pick my form from my party. I have around 150 cattle because I am never comfortable without cows. I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build. I never had a foreign account since I finished my courses in the USA, India and the UK. I never owned any property outside Nigeria. Never.”
- General Buhari #‎SIAleekansi‬ #‎SIAmission2rebulid2015‬

Really! Hmm that means the maitama house is whose own? Lol! Nigerians will believe anything! Anyway Buhari ooo Jonathan ooooo same thing! No real change
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by MalcoImX: 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
Goddex:

[size=15pt]President Jonathan had since declared his assets

Meanwhile, what does Buhari mean by "I have atleast 1m in my account?"

Hahahahaha . . . . the abokii wants to confuse us with English. "Atleast 1m" can as well mean 900m or 1b naira[/size].
I understand at least to be no more than 1.49 million. If it's even 1.5, it can be regarded not as 1, since it can be rounded up to 2.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by ARKdiscloser7(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
OK. I agree with you, I don't even expect you to have up to a hundred thousand naira, after all you are a lazy aboki and have bin jobless since your dictorial reign. Rubbish, only your slaves Yoruba will buy your lies.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by BobNeli(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2014
pweshex:
This stuff isn't necessary, he has been losing ryt from time and it won't end in2015
Dnt mind a sympathy seeker
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by donmalcolm21(m): 11:31am On Dec 13, 2014
MORNDEW:

I try my best to ignore ignorant post like yours. But my children wont forgive me. Pls can you tell how prudent are the people promoting your president course?
Am waiting
my president is not using a Mother Theresa toga for the forthcoming election, tell your children that you were brainwashed easily by the propanganda spewed daily by the APC

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Ezedon(m): 11:33am On Dec 13, 2014
medamillion:
Buhari has had enough opportunities to b 2x Dangote richer if he wanted to. He has held many sensitive posts in d past, he is a man of integrity.
STORY

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Change2015(m): 11:34am On Dec 13, 2014
patpeypey:

Really! Hmm that means the maitama house is whose own? Lol! Nigerians will believe anything! Anyway Buhari ooo Jonathan ooooo same thing! No real change

Please give the street name of his supposed abuja house. Nairalanders will quickly investigate. You hapless liar!
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by kingthreat(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Many Nigerians deserve thieves as leaders. Don't worry, when you will be in need, lets see the thieves come to your aid. They will keep spending money you can never spend. Dumbasses.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by terrifiesme(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2014
Horus:

Cant you read?, he said I have at least one million Naira in my bank account

Did Jonathan declared the 20$ billion ? grin, Ho I forget "stealing is not corruption" grin

To the best of my know at least means the minimum... so if someone says at least 1m nairn, it means the minimum amount is:1m so it could be much more...
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by waleadex(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2014
OK noted...
BobNeli:
And u have already swallowed the poo line and sinker? Well, lets assume it's true. Is that why he is so desprate to rule? Maybe to replenish his starving bank acct. Didn't we hear that Obj had but N20k left in his acct b4 his election in 1999? What has he become today? Coconut wolf. Ota farm that was only breeding grasses started generating morethan N30m per month. The piatiable states of the generals who thought they could live on national resources alone and when once the card is turned resulting to their oustar, they remain paupers because they are but unproductive consumers. Can we please re-visit the statement? He picked the presidential form with about N5m or more. Knowing fully well that only N1m was going to be left. That is share desperacy of a clueless and unproductive individual who is aiming sights at the national cake as his only remedy.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by kingthreat(m): 11:36am On Dec 13, 2014
ARKdiscloser7:
OK. I agree with you, I don't even expect you to have up to a hundred thousand naira, after all you are a lazy aboki and have bin jobless since your dictorial reign. Rubbish, only your slaves Yoruba will buy your lies.

The least Yoruba is better than your entire family.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by wiloy2k8(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2014
and some stupid Nigerians would believe dis lies . jeeez .smh .
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by erico2k2(m): 11:37am On Dec 13, 2014
dre11:
This shows that he has nothing to hide

Not like our GEJ
One of the arround 150 cows
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by HugeMac: 11:38am On Dec 13, 2014
skyface00:
All d ex president of Nigeria collected 23million every months but only GMB refused 2 take it but 10% from it and was confirmed by ministry of finance...

Ohh ohh Rejects 20 mill and goes on a borrowing spree , that has launched 4 very expensive presidential campaigns , Please don't be angry , WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS KIND OF CHICKEN BRAIN?
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by kingthreat(m): 11:38am On Dec 13, 2014
BobNeli:
A cattle rearer to rule humanbeigns? This is tantamount to the severest insensitivity. A nation of morethan 160 million population to only look up to an old cattle rearer for transformation? Amussing

May your life be transformed the way this present administration is transforming Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by waleadex(m): 11:39am On Dec 13, 2014
Ahmeduana:

DON'T BE A DUMBA§ read mans statement all over again, YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE STATEMENT IS A FRAUD. when somebody say atleast what does that implies? And is making the statement on facebook, where he knows that the statement is retrieveable in coming years, by then he will be saying that i said (ATLEAST)
Why use "dumb ass" to make your point? Grow up...
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by kingthreat(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2014
femliany:
Boko Haram issues is not enough for Nigerians not to vote for GEJ

Untill they get bombed, they will still support GEJ till their demise
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by manutdadex(m): 11:40am On Dec 13, 2014
Gozieobasi:
u guys should try understand this man when he said he borrowed money to build his houses what he meant was that the house was not build with stolen public fund.
wat abt d fact dat he is always borrowing! His management skills is in question! Oga d man is trying to show he is a saint which is nt possible even as a principal of sec skool talkless of presidency(military for dat mata). Na pity d old man dey find!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by bobbyspeed(m): 11:41am On Dec 13, 2014
slap1:
Borrowing to build is a sign of discontentment and laziness. Very bad attributes if you ask me.

To say borrowing is a sign if discontentment and laziness shows that lack knowledge if financial management or finance.

Countries borrows e.g USA, big corporation borrows to finance expansion and assets acquisition which will boost revenue that will pay back the loan overtime. Am sure you can say USA is lazy and discontented as well of big corporations.

If borrowing is a taboo or sign of laziness there won't be various types of bank and financial institutions to finance country development and industrial growth.

Check the balance sheet of most big companies in Nigeria you will come to term with the fact that borrowing is not laziness or sign of discontentment because using high debt capital results to growth for the companies through the concept of FINANCIAL LEVERAGE. once your rate of return is higher than your cost of borrowing you are good to go to borrow.

Many workers borrowed to build houses in their place of work and repay from salary over 5yrs and this improve their lot.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by HugeMac: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Reference:

Then what....
NO! He is UNPRODUCTIVE , AND SELF CENTERED , IS DANGOTE NOT HELPING THE ECONOMY ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by Reference(m): 11:42am On Dec 13, 2014
Ovamboland:

It is understandably difficult to believe any Nigerian who has passed through the highest level of government, especially with the evidence we see around. But this man has made his assets public and our duty is not to stare in disbelief but to find evidence to the contrary to be sure the story is true. I am sure the DSS are equipped to sniff out this information on behalf of the government. The fact that DSS is still drawing a blank is either because the story is true or Buhari is super smart to hide the evidence successfully.

It will also be a tragedy to support someone you are certain will steal from you and encourage many others to help themselves to our collective patrimony.

He is more in touch with reality than you. He is not looking for a virgin in a maternity ward, you are. He sees in Buhari the ability to match the incumbent not distance himself. He understands the way democracy works, you don't. He wants to be responsible and a co-contributor to actualising his dreams, you want to hang all your dreams on the dodgy, fluid credentials of one man hoping he will whip your backside when you err.

Please, be a realist. You cannot remove corruption by decrees that jailed and hung people. How will you democratically convince even his party backers and loyalists to return theirs and then comit suicide.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by belloay(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2014
macpetrus:
"I have a house each in Kaduna, Kano, and Daura which I borrowed money to build."

So u want to use Nigeria money to pay ur debt?... No way!!!
pls try and Sugar coat ur lie to make it taste Good.

Chei! People can so interprete thingsssss
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by manutdadex(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Why do you doubt a 70 year old has a vision?
70 year olds don get only one vision i.e wen to die and wen to edit is wil! Abeg dis man no get vision rara! U no watch him interview for channelsabegii free me

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by MORNDEW(m): 11:44am On Dec 13, 2014
Eyepencil:
IS TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION, U CAN TAKE A TOUR ROUND THE COUNTRY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.
Do i need a tour to let me know my chibok sisters are mising? Or know that a man conducted a death immigration exams? You dont hv to write it in Big letters just tell me what he has done or forever shut up.
Re: Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook by rigarmortis: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2014
Some sentences made the the phrase ''at least''

Imelda marcus has at least one shoe.

Pele scored at least on goal in his footballing career.

There is at least one strand of hair on your head.

An drunkard must have gulped at least on glass of beer.

Buhari has at least one million.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Copies Melaye's Visit To Bourdillon Road / Twitter Ban: Rowdy Session As Rep Members Walk Out Of Plenary Over Controversy / Photos Of Agba Jalingo Before His Arrest At Revolution Now Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.