Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' (4528 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Friends With Benefit, Does It Ever Lead To Something Serious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 9:59am On Dec 06, 2008
Guys, ever asked a lady out n she says u could just be 'Friends' with benefit'?
For dose that r naive, it simple means being friends wit someone (or dating but not Exclusively) As in u do everything else lovers do (i.e kissing,making out or shagging ) but r still just friends, (no strings attached) and get to date anyone u both feel like dating.
My questions r
1) guys would u agree to dis kind of relationship?

2) ladies would u propose one? If d guy those would u agree?

3) @ All, who do think would be d victor in this kind of relationship?
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by arramyjay: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2008
No i wont propose such,Gosh it is annoying and i think who ever asks will benefit more from it.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2008
Goosh freeking amazing right?
Some girls mostly do it to see if d guy really gat dat butterfly feelings 4 her. Catch fun seeing how jealous he becomes.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by arramyjay: 10:20am On Dec 06, 2008
Really?
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2008
Will not agree to such nonsense tongue
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2008
@ arraymy
'Really' as in u dont no about it?
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
@ibk
But its been practiced by a larger percentage of ladys.as in practiced by mostly chicks ( In d western world though )
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2008
@Des
Ok

Still think it's nonsense tongue
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 12:26pm On Dec 06, 2008
Guys opinion needed please.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by arramyjay: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2008
Deshannel:

@ arraymy
'Really' as in u don't no about it?

No as in you know so much about it.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by CrazyMan(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2008
If a lady proposes such to me, of course I'll accept. Who go see free food and e no go chop? . But I can't propose such to a lady.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by AdamBrody1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2008
The term friends with benefit was derived from the teenage t.v series "ONE TREE HILL" where one of the female characters agreed to sleep with another guy non exclusively while she still has the opporunity to meet other people and sleep with them or date them. This rule works when both partners are strictly in lust with each other and will do anything at evey given moment to rip off their clothes for a quickie but the problem lies when one party beingss to have feelings for the other party. It could lead to obsessiveness, jealousy and emotional destabilization.

As for me, i like the friends with benefits rule. Just sex and hanging out. So strings attached or feelings. I dont have to worry about whether she is dating another person or is pregnant or she needs money or family or personal issues. Just sex without paying for it. We could call each other once in a while to check up on each other but that's it.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
Adam brody
U r so wrong,truely it was used in the Tv series
One tree hill, i think season 2 or 3 but wasn't derived 4rm it.
sorry.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by sistawoman: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2008
Deshannel:

Guys, ever asked a lady out n she says u could just be 'Friends' with benefit'?
For dose that r naive, it simple means being friends wit someone (or dating but not Exclusively) As in u do everything else lovers do (i.e kissing,making out or shagging ) but r still just friends, (no strings attached) and get to date anyone u both feel like dating.
My questions r
1) guys would u agree to this kind of relationship?

2) ladies would u propose one? If d guy those would u agree?

3) @ All, who do think would be d victor in this kind of relationship?

1. since I am female I cant answer this one

2. I have proposed such relationships in the past but to a more extreame method. Called a Jump Off.

Having a FWB or JO relationship can be very helpful to a female that is dating. It takes the "sex" pressure off of someone you are dating. For me it works like this, I only sleep with one person at a time, be it FWB or JO or my man but only one person. Therefore If i am sleeping with my JO or FWB then i know I am not sleeping with my dates. Therefore providing me the oportunity to date who i want w/o the added presure of sex. I know that I wont be having sex with him and if he smart he also has a FWB or JO therefore making the dating experence far less pressure. We can both be relaxed and focus our attention on getting to know each other and not worrying about "when does he want to Bleep me" or "when will she give it up" each party knows that when they get the urge they have someone else they can call for that until you decide it is time to take this r/s to that level.

The real only difference between a JO and a FWB is that you have no contact outside of sex with your JO. When you call them or they call you it is for one reason only. I dont want to know about your mama, your cat, your dog, your bigh fat ugly uncle, nothing just for sex and that is all.

No every female is cut out to be able to handle this. Like said before the only time there is a problem is when one party starts to develop feelings but I find that in JO situations there are no feelings that are caught becuase i dont know anything about you, other than the vitals, and you likewise dont know shit about me.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hmmmmmm
Jump off sounds more fun. Lets just stick 2 FWB 4 now
I still havent heard d guys version of this thread. smiley
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2008
This person is supposed to be a 'normal friend', no loving relationship etc

Won't it be weird considering the two of you are boffing buddies and yet, act as though nothing happened
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by chamotex(m): 8:47pm On Dec 06, 2008
Quickie
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by smurf1(f): 8:50pm On Dec 06, 2008
Don't see anything wrong in it since there no hard feelings, it becomes a "win win situation" for both parties, grin grin
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 9:22pm On Dec 06, 2008
Smurf can u be ma friend grin grin grin grin . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,
. What do u mean?
Wit benefits of course angry angry >:-( >:-( >:-(
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 12:30am On Dec 07, 2008
Ibk
This person is not a normal friend neither is he a lover. But somewhere in between.
Someone u kinda like but not enough to make him d official one.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by minute(f): 1:12am On Dec 07, 2008
Why not?

If you want to get used then go for it.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by CodeRED(f): 1:17am On Dec 07, 2008
Sistawoman, great response wink, Keep it real girl.

@topic
I see ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with FWB. Matter of fact, with the calibre of boys opps, "men" we have populating today's world, it's just best to use them for what they are almost worth. It's like having your cake and eating it too. cheesy
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by AdamBrody1(m): 1:19am On Dec 07, 2008
Friends with Benefit means, we f***ck whenever we are in the mood and we go our separate ways, no strings attached! No need to spin it otherwise!
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by evergreen6: 1:30am On Dec 07, 2008
Who doesnt like fwbs grin
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Tgirl4real(f): 2:12am On Dec 07, 2008
@ post

This is crazy . . .

It's either i'm urs or not

what kind of benefit be that lipsrsealed
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by A40(m): 3:01am On Dec 07, 2008
Yes i have been a beneficiary of such benefits too much for my own good grin grin
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by jgirl3: 3:18am On Dec 07, 2008
CodeRED:

I see ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with FWB. Matter of fact, with the calibre of boys opps, "men" we have populating today's world, it's just best to use them for what they are almost worth. It's like having your cake and eating it too. cheesy
How won't codey talk here? cheesy cheesy

There is nothing wrong with FWBs. I support it to the max in fact, I encourage every woman to experience it with at least one guy. The only thing is catch yourself so you don't start getting weird feelings. That will destroy the whole thing.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Pataki: 3:24am On Dec 07, 2008
Who calls it FWB? I call it F-u-c-k Buddies. It is a mutual thing. When you both need each other you call on yourselves.

What a world we live in now!!!! sad sad
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by Deshannel(m): 9:06am On Dec 07, 2008
Hmmmmm
How come d ladys r d ones concuring to FWB dan d guys n d guys r kinda scared. shocked shocked sad

Why shud i be? Neverscared
Wel, as 4 me, if i dont like her wel enough to take her serious, she proposes FWB and she's Fi i i i i i i i n e as hell. Then notin do me and i sure say nothing do her as well LET THE GAME BEGIN. And if somewhere along d line she starts developing feelings. undecided cry sad
dats her own cup of tea.

Now mostly player ladys agree to FWB n since more NL women agreed to this than d men. I hav 2 believe dat Nl women are beter players than d men.
Maybe NLand men r not dat bad as u ladys say afterall undecided .
MAYBE.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by jgirl3: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2008
Deshannel:

Hmmmmm
How come d ladys r d ones concuring to FWB dan d guys n d guys r kind of scared. shocked shocked sad

Now mostly player ladys agree to FWB n since more NL women agreed to this than d men. I hav 2 believe that Nl women are beter players than d men.
Maybe NLand men r not that bad as u ladys say afterall undecided .
MAYBE.
It is all pretense jo! all guys are probably FWBs with some girl.
FWB doesn't mean player. It just means we like sleeping around with no commitment or wahala.
NL men are probably worse than we think they are.
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by holyeye(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ Sisterwoman,
gr8 response.
it is a normal trend dese days.

@ poster,
no big deals reali.
it boils down to undastndin.
bt d bad part is wit tym emotions set in and d parties develop signs of jealousy especially if dey ar very gd togeda (as in d shaggin).
Re: The Phrase ''friends With Benefit'' by sistawoman: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2008
I dont think that guys here on NL are less of playa than the females I just think they are tired of the bad rep they get here and are doing just what they say the females do all the time and is pretend.

What guy would really propose something like JO or FWB with a female?

Even when it happens most time it is not something that is discussed ahead of the time but rather something that is shown in the "after sex dance" that each party does.

I believe that if a female is not looking for a FWB or JO situation that has to be mentioned up front, therefore it avoids all mis-understandings afterwards. Now if a female is open to it being serious or FWB then no conversation needed and she will just take the guys lead on it. But here is where most females mess up.

They never have the conversation before sex they only wait until the guy starts treating them like a FWB or JO then they go all ballistic on a dude. Ladies yall are dead wrong for that.

You have to state your intentions up front or just be happy with what you get. Guys cant read our heads or even read between the lines when we try to hint it to them. We have to be clear and to the point with them. Or just be happy with what you get.

this would really cut down on the ballistic girls.

Now the rest of the ballistic girls could be taken care of IF the female is up front but the guys pretend and lie about their intentions. Guys that female is not the last piece of puzzy in the world. Just be honest about what you want and dont lead her on.

It is 2009 almost.

It is time we stopped being fake with each other and just tell it like it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tough Questions Women Ask & Great Ways To Escape Them! / A Touching Love Story That Will Make You Cry / Pick Ur Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.