Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan (22569 Views)

'I Am Capable & Strong To Do What Young People Do' - Gov Oshiomole / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out / Top 5 Problems Jonathan Will Face After Subsidy Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
quicyvictor:
Imagine.......
a serving President who don't believe he can take us to the promise land
putting the job on the youths....,,
I pity GEJ.....
National disgrace
SMH FOR THIS MO.RON

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by justphillips(m): 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
He's absolutely right. Take a look at; Atiku vs Buhari vs Tinibu. Not forgetting Get vs Obj.

PS: Dear APC/PDP supporters, lets all eschew politics of lies and propaganda.
#dazall
#apolitical

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by 100Cents: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
etunoman76:
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday accused elderly Nigerians of troubling the country as a result of their utterances and behaviours.

The President said that it was the young Nigerians that had continually brought glory to the nation.

He particularly berated old politicians in the country, who he said caused trouble by quarrelling and abusing one another.

Jonathan spoke during the official inauguration of the Youth Employment in Agriculture Programme and the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria which held at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said, “For the Nigerian young men and women, those who we have seen today and the ones outside there, we appreciate and commend you because anything that you are involved, you bring glory to this country.

“Anything that the old people like us are involved in, it is always problems.

“Young people are involved in sports, soccer, athletics and so on, and within the period that I have been here as Vice President and President, they have always been bringing glory to us.

“Young people are involved in the movie, popularly called Nollywood, and this continues to bring glory to us.

“Young people are involved in music, like D-Banj, and they always continue to bring glory to us.

“But see politics that old people like us are involved in, we continue to quarrel and abuse ourselves everyday and create problems for innocent Nigerians.

“So, we believe that the future of this country is in the hands of young people. The young Nigerians will surely take us to where we want to be.

“One day, you will take us to the moon. I believe in the young, creative and talented people. Surely, we will create enabling environment for you because you stand for the future of this country and you will make this country great.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/old-people-cause-of-nigerias-troubles-jonathan/

I like GEJ comments lately..

This one nah clear Upper Cut..
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by anonimi: 12:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
He is clueless

for saying this

So, we believe that the future of this country is in the hands of young people. The young Nigerians will surely take us to where we want to be.

“One day, you will take us to the moon. I believe in the young, creative and talented people. Surely, we will create enabling environment for you because you stand for the future of this country and you will make this country great.”

I guess there is no contest about who is clueless here.
You take the crown of cluelessness shocked

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Dannyset(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
Even a Local Govt Chairman can not talk like dis. And I guess his Parents are under 16!

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Candybob(m): 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
I totally concur with GEJ on this point, the way some Elders reason these days, you will feel like plucking a cane and flogging them, but they will always claim to see from a stool what you can't see from a tree! They enjoy embarrassing themselves especially in public!
Just imagine the likes of Buhari and OBJ and even GEJ himself
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by chemali: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
Alabsworld:
Very true, buhari's utterances caused 2011 post electn crisis nd Obasanjo's utterances is over heating D polity.

Can you post the wordings of this infamous speech as said by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by CuppyCakie: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
Beyonce shows her pinky in new viral picture (unclad) +18
http:///AwOwx
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2014
temitemi1:
Buhari n Obasanjo are very good example of such elders. GEJ till 2019!!!
E. K. Clark, Tony Aninih and Bamanga Tukur.

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by paulshakur: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Thank God the president knows this. He should flush his cabinet off the old goons for fresh blood.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Gordieshegz(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
I can bet it GEJ didn't give this speech...chizoz....if he truly did,the youth in universities should accept their future had already been marginalised...sports,nollywood,dbanj being mentioned at an event for agricultural development Wrong speech for wrong audience sir!!!

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
cocoduck:

jonathan Is a middle aged man. buhria is an old man

How old is Jonathan?

What do you mean by middle aged man?

Maybe I'll start referring to Jonathan as middle aged man.

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Caseless:
This man de talk at times like say him just wake up frm sleep.
pls read d whole text b4 u comment...who full our politics(old men) who dey giv us problem(politicians=old men) so he is correct logically
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Omotolashy: 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Can somoene tell me the difference btw Patience and Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by festusfeezy(m): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
And hu told u there are no old pple on d movie n music industry, what if olu Jacob, Victor olaiya. Think b4 u talk ung man

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by ZACHIE: 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
As hollow as John
As shallow as Ath
As empty as An

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 12:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
wirinet:

This man truly does not have what it talks to rule this country. How can this kind of uninspiring and useless speech be delivered at an inauguration of the Youth Employment in Agriculture Programme and the Fund for Agricultural Finance event? Is he insinuating that Nigerian youth are only good for entertainment and sports? What about other critical sectors like health, Agriculture, science and technology, Information technology, etc.

This speech is an insult to the youth of this country.
listen to ur self, if he belives Nigerian youth are only good for sport and entertainment y wud he inaugurate an agricultural policy for d youth? Dis man has abt 3-4 policies to help d youth and yet bulk of those youths are on NL complainin wen una mate dey make am! Mtcheew
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by ayo4dworld(m): 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Can somebody help me tell President to look for the way forward and stop shifting blames....

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by scarffield(m): 12:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
cry[/color]
Iroh88:
Just imagine a president talking!!! Tufiakwa!! So much for "issues based politics".

I feel so ashamed.
[color=]
Iroh88:
Just imagine a president talking!!! Tufiakwa!! So much for "issues based politics".

I feel so ashamed.
Iroh88:

I feel so ashamed.
go nd die 4 all i care!
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by vinkolo: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
That is my president, the only president that has no enemy, his concern lies only on Nigerian development not on political enemies. The only Nigerian elite who's children all are studying in Nigeria. Reviving these stupid people with their born to rule mentality. what has GMB forgotten in Aso Rock? I calm down to listen to this old mentality almajiri man's manifestos to understand nothing. Buhari has nothing for this country. He will only continue with where Obasanjo stopped, with their political enemy mentality
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by ahizih(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Get the message,he is simply saying happy 72 birthday to Buhari
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
PassingShot:
I've said it. The moment you think you've seen the worst, they prove you wrong.

Himself that is "young" has caused us unimaginable problems than the old ones.

He talks about "we abuse ourselves" as if he and his camp are not the one responsible for mudslinging.

Is this a president? How did we manage him for six years? Oh my God!
nawa for una o...he said “But see politics that old people like us are
involved in, we continue to quarrel and abuse ourselves everyday and create problems for
innocent Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by SQURA(f): 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
chibwike:
Very true, the peolpe causing problems in this coutry are those old niggas, check out buhari, telliing us lies us and down, abi its obasanjo, who does not know wats wrong with him, or atiku who is always contesting, or tinunbu, who done more harm than good., the list is endless

buh check out the youths,in football they won the nations cup anb brought joy to nigerians.

Ok, see what a youth youth seun has done to internet in nigeria, by creating nairaland.

Many youths are fresh and ready to work for this country, buh these nonsense old men buhari and the rest, wont let them be..

Its not as if, there are jobs for them to do.

Goodluck is very right jor.

all these mumusabi roaming around his forum is alarming. you mean the young people he cramed into a stadium and killed a bunch of them in a phony customs exam scam? i dont get how you kids reason

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by manutdadex(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
laBarca:
He is clueless
So, we believe that the future of this
country is in the hands of young people.
The young Nigerians will surely take us to
where we want to be.
“One day, you will take us to the moon. I
believe in the young, creative and talented people. Surely, we will create enabling
environment for you because you stand for
the future of this country and you will make
this country great .” both of u, and d fool wey like ur posts, are d real clueless fool! I don help una two...make una read again
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

E. K. Clark, Tony Aninih and Bamanga Tukur.
Yes o! And they are all in PDP. You see the irony of it?

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
berem:
I am very sure Jonathan was referring to Edwin Clarke. The senile old man should be confined to an Old People's home because he's been talking senselessly these days.

Fool he said old people like ushe exempted no one including himself
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
festusfeezy:
And hu told u there are no old pple on d movie n music industry, what if olu Jacob, Victor olaiya. Think b4 u talk ung man
One is infamous for "Stealing is not corruption", "the other is infamous for"Na only you wakar come"

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
who is Goodluck Jonathan?
A church choir?

1 Like

Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by chibwike(m): 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
SQURA:

all these mumusabi roaming around his forum is alarming. you mean the young people he cramed into a stadium and killed a bunch of them in a phony customs exam scam? i dont get how you kids reason
Ok, you were the one that bought the gun for him, that he used in killing them....wasn't that an unfortunate incident...why making it look as if, he tied all of them with a rope..and shot them dead.
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
koboko69:

Jonathan as forgotten that in the next 5-10years he will be as old as the people he is insulting now. I wonder when he will stop blaming people for his failures. This time it is old people.

Your janjanweed ways can't allow you read well he said old peope like u, he didnt exempt himself, hes also included get i
Re: Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan by Curlieweed: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
manutdadex:
nawa for una o...he said “But see politics that [b]old people like us [/b]are
involved in, we continue to quarrel and abuse ourselves everyday and create problems for
innocent Nigerians.

You dey mind all the janjawid dimwits that can't parse a simple light hearted statement. They completely ignored the "old people like us " to whine as usual as if anybody forced them to choose a Buhari suffering from advanced senile dementia as their presidential candidate.

Anyway, my people say that an old woman will always feel uneasy when dry bones are mentioned.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki Transferred To EFCC Custody / "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe / See Pics Of Buhari Wit Presidents Mahama,ellen Sirleaf & Ernest Koroma In Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.