Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Adjusting To Life As A Widower - Family (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjusting To Life As A Widower (122827 Views)

Poll: How has this thread helped you to appreciate your spouse better and positively affect your relationship?

Very Positive: 90% (9 votes)
Good: 0% (0 votes)
Fair: 10% (1 vote)
Not Really: 0% (0 votes)
Not At All: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Man Bounces Back To Life After Three Days In Morgue (Photo) / Getting Married To A Widower / Adjusting To Parenthood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by tranxo(m): 6:27am On Nov 13, 2019
Mcleo007:
Losing one's partner especially at a young age is one of the biggest emotional trauma that can happen to anyone.

I lost my wife 3 weeks ago due to complications from childbirth. Our son didn't make it too. The saddest part is that I walked her into the theatre myself as she was to undergo an emergency c-section due to foetal distress as they said. She was full of life, gisted and pranked all the way. My world came down shattered when I saw the nurses running helter-skelter a few minutes after I left her off at the theatre room.

It's mysterious really how your life can be going so well, and in one blink, it comes down to pieces. We were first friends for a few years before becoming lovers, then decided to tie the knot this year in between her getting pregnant.

She was my best friend and we shared a close bond. We got married just May this year, which meant the marriage lasted just 4 months.

Family and friends would expect you to brace up and move on, but trust me the grief never go away. The grief hit harder in the mornings when I wake up; thoughts of the life we had, what we would have had had she not died, the many plans we made and so on.

I know I will survive, at least I know she would want me to.
Shocking and speechless. Bro this is indeed a huge load, but I know that though scars may remain, time heals all wounds. Take solace in the comfort that the Lord provides in this type of situation. Stay well, stay strong, grow from this.

5 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Lionqueen: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Mcleo007:
Losing one's partner especially at a young age is one of the biggest emotional trauma that can happen to anyone.

I lost my wife 3 weeks ago due to complications from childbirth. Our son didn't make it too. The saddest part is that I walked her into the theatre myself as she was to undergo an emergency c-section due to foetal distress as they said. She was full of life, gisted and pranked all the way. My world came down shattered when I saw the nurses running helter-skelter a few minutes after I left her off at the theatre room.

It's mysterious really how your life can be going so well, and in one blink, it comes down to pieces. We were first friends for a few years before becoming lovers, then decided to tie the knot this year in between her getting pregnant.

She was my best friend and we shared a close bond. We got married just May this year, which meant the marriage lasted just 4 months.

Family and friends would expect you to brace up and move on, but trust me the grief never go away. The grief hit harder in the mornings when I wake up; thoughts of the life we had, what we would have had had she not died, the many plans we made and so on.

cryso painful...may her soul rest in peace and may God give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by temi4fash(m): 1:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Mcleo007:

Am sorry for your loss.

May the Lord strengthen and comfort you at this time.

May her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by morireoluwagba: 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
I just lost my husband on Sunday.. cry cry
The News was all over Nairaland and Blogs!

Am so devastated,So Directionless and So Hopeless
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
morireoluwagba:

oh dear I am so sorry to hear about your loss please take heart... It is never easy at all because I have been through this but he was not my husband.

The day it happened it was just like a dream and still is. The only thing on my mind for long was God why, why did you allow this to happen .

Take heart dear, the Lord is your strength. In our moments of weakness and trials we look up to him because he alone understands the pain. May his soul rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by peacefulhome(f): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2019
morireoluwagba:

Oh oh. I pray the hood lord give you the heart to bear this. No amount of words can relief you of this pain, but all I pray for is for God to make this new phrase easy for you.
Pls accept my condolences .

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Saintmary(f): 6:02am On Dec 26, 2019
morireoluwagba:

May God comfort you madam
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by sisisioge: 7:02am On Dec 26, 2019
morireoluwagba:

It is well...may God Himself be the head of your family now and always. So sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
We celebrated our 4th Anniversary last week. With God, all things are possible and that's the truth. Everyone stay safe out there in this new normal.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
serubawon:
We celebrated our 4th Anniversary last week. With God, all things are possible and that's the truth. Everyone stay safe out there in this new normal.

Wow! Let me be the first person to wish you a big congratulations sir. May the Lord continue to bless and uphold your home. Thank you so much for starting this thread. Your posts on this thread and life story really made an impact in my life and also gave me the strength to carry on. More blessings for you and your family sir. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by bukatyne(f): 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2020
serubawon:

Congratulations! God bless your home.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
DivineGrace123:

Wow! Let me be the first person to wish you a big congratulations sir. May the Lord continue to bless and uphold your home. Thank you so much for starting this thread. Your posts on this thread and life story really made an impact in my life and also gave me the strength to carry on. More blessings for you and your family sir. smiley

Amen to that and I'm honored to have made an impact. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
bukatyne:

Congratulations! God bless your home.

Thanks and amen.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Charisec(m): 1:02am On Aug 17, 2020
Whao...What a man @serubawon.

I stumbled on this thread today and I wasn't able to stop reading until I finished the thread Thank God so much for you...the sacrifices, patient and your resolute faith in God. I thank God things are going great with you and olori.

I was a fanatical follower of Pst Bim and her teachings. I cried my eyes out on the day she passed on. The way I grieved for days shocked my wife back then. what a blessing she was!

When God heals us, He gives us the capacity to heal others with the healing we have received. Your story has done that to countless

You are an amazing writer/Storyteller. How I wish I have 20% of you abilities.

Multipled Blessings bro and much love to Olori

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Charisec(m): 1:03am On Aug 17, 2020
serubawon:
Happy Anniversary to you both. May you two see many more glorious years together.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by NoToPile: 8:05am On Aug 17, 2020
This oga serubawon and his wife are just shining and glowing year in year out.

grin grin grin

Countinue shining in his glory, many more years to you and olori.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Afromentalist: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2020
This is a very inspiring thread. I read all the pages in a few hours.

@Serubawon,

Be encouraged you and your family and may the work of your hand continue to flourish and prosper. Greetings to yours.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Charisec:
Whao...What a man @serubawon.

I stumbled on this thread today and I wasn't able to stop reading until I finished the thread Thank God so much for you...the sacrifices, patient and your resolute faith in God. I thank God things are going great with you and olori.

I was a fanatical follower of Pst Bim and her teachings. I cried my eyes out on the day she passed on. The way I grieved for days shocked my wife back then. what a blessing she was!

When God heals us, He gives us the capacity to heal others with the healing we have received. Your story has done that to countless

You are an amazing writer/Storyteller. How I wish I have 20% of you abilities.

Multipled Blessings bro and much love to Olori

My head don swell finish o. Thank you for the kind words. Without God, where would we be!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Afromentalist:
This is a very inspiring thread. I read all the pages in a few hours.

@Serubawon,

Be encouraged you and your family and may the work of your hand continue to flourish and prosper. Greetings to yours.

Thank you and God bless you and yours.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
NoToPile:
This oga serubawon and his wife are just shining and glowing year in year out.

grin grin grin

Countinue shining in his glory, many more years to you and olori.

Thank you. We shall indeed continue to shine.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
DivineGrace123:

We thank God for His mercies. Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Dorispatternz: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
serubawon:
Congrats sir. Your story was so inspiring

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by hothuntee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
What a wonderful timeline. I tap anyone who is in your former shoes into the grace of your new shoes. Amen.
Don't mind my shoe prayers. Lol.
More wins. I should be approximately two decades younger but with what I have read here, I feel wiser than I am.
2006, hmmm... Nairaland in her days of glory....* Sighs again*

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 6:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
hothuntee:
What a wonderful timeline. I tap anyone who is in your former shoes into the grace of your new shoes. Amen.
Don't mind my shoe prayers. Lol.
More wins. I should be approximately two decades younger but with what I have read here, I feel wiser than I am.
2006, hmmm... Nairaland in her days of glory....* Sighs again*

It's hard to believe that something started on a whim is still going strong. (And I fully understand your shoe prayers). Amen to that. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Kemmy210(f): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
serubawon:
Congratulations to you and your lovely wife sir. More joyful years together in Jesus name, amen

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 7:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
Kemmy210:

Congratulations to you and your lovely wife sir. More joyful years together in Jesus name, amen

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Amopeekun(f): 7:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
Keep smiling sir...
Congratulations on your anniversary

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Amopeekun:
Keep smiling sir...
Congratulations on your anniversary

Thank you so much sir.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by Amopeekun(f): 12:07am On Aug 21, 2020
It's a sis, sir smiley
serubawon:

Thank you so much sir.
Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 12:14am On Aug 21, 2020
One more picture for the road.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by TheCongo2: 12:41am On Aug 21, 2020
serubawon:
One more picture for the road.

Wow...what a thread! Started in 2006.
That is the best on Nairaland.

How old are your kids now?

1 Like

Re: Adjusting To Life As A Widower by serubawon(m): 1:39am On Aug 21, 2020
TheCongo2:

Wow...what a thread! Started in 2006.
That is the best on Nairaland.

How old are your kids now?

Kids are doing great. My daughter is 20, my son 18 and our last daughter is turning 15 this weekend. The 1st two are in college doing pre-med and engineering respectively. 15 year old just started high school. God is awesome.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (Reply)

Man Shares Picture After First Sex With His Virgin Wife (Viewers Discretion) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) / Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.