Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday (43039 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / A Nairalander's Wedding Comes Up 26th Of December 2014 / Wife Storms Church, Scatters Husband's Wedding To Another Lady (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by peren: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
poster pls i think you should accept your faith and learn to live happily with your new wife, you are the major cause of your problems so for me now you should try and live with the consequences. live peacefully with them, get a job and secure your own future and that of your kids, do this with urgency. Your not the first person who's husbands marries another wife. Take solace in the fact that your the first and his only legal wife. Live Laugh and Love.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Jeolight: 2:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
I don't see any reason why d woman should be blamed here. if the man is no longer interested he should divorce d woman. settle everything with her and d children. men don't consider how women feel if they ate taking another wife. it is EVIl to the present wife she might die of heart attack. if it is d man that is checking d woman's phone you people will say it is okay but d woman can't check d man's phone. men, God is watching.

madam pls go out of that house before you kill someone or die of heart attack. God will take care of you.

5 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
As much as i SUPPORT, RESPECT and CHERISH the HOLY marital instituion called POLYGAMY, i do not support what this man has done, if the story is true.

Going into polygamy without the full consent of your WIFE, means utter DISRESPECT for the woman in question. How on earth do you want a GROWN individual to be a part of polygamy without her full consent?

Even if the lady was being too pesky, he shouldn't have just got up and entered into another marriage without first properly dissolving the one he was into, if it was the only way out.

Men like your husband, op, are the reason people look down on polyamy. His likes are the reason feminists have the gut to talk to us the way they feel like.

Those men here saying "this is Africa" are only being immoral and unreasonable! Polygamy does not equate to unfairness, incosideration and immorality. Infact, the HOLY institution of marriage called Polygamy is contrary to all what you men, who are telling her "it's aFrica" stand for.

To the feminists here saying men telling their wives to be housewives only means an attempt to control, i would quickly like to point out to you that the op never mentioned that her remaining a housewife was a criteria she had to agree to before the got married. She did not mention it that even after they got married, the man made sure she got no education. That the man made sure that she did not work while they were married. So i cannot understand how we can draw up, from her story, that the man controled her because she isn't empowered! Haven't you seen where a man left an 'independent' woman for someone else? So what do we tell the man who is not too 'empowered' and married to a woman who is 'independent'?

4 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
craziebone:
As much as i SUPPORT, RESPECT and CHERISH the HOLY marital instituion called POLYGAMY, i do not support what this man has done, if the story is true.

Going into polygamy without the full consent of your WIFE, means utter DISRESPECT for the woman in question. How on earth do you want a GROWN individual to be a part of polygamy without her full consent?

Even if the lady was being too pesky, he shouldn't have just got up and entered into another marriage without first properly dissolving the one he was into, if it was the only way out.

Men like your husband, op, are the reason people look down on polyamy. His likes are the reason feminists have the gut to talk to us the way they feel like.

Those men here saying "this is Africa" are only being immoral and unreasonable! Polygamy does not equate to unfairness, incosideration and immorality. Infact, the HOLY institution of marriage called Polygamy is contrary to all what you men, who are telling her "it's aFrica" stand for.

To the feminists here saying men telling their wives to be housewives only means an attempt to control, i would quickly like to point out to you that the op never mentioned that her remaining a housewife was a criteria she had to agree to before the got married. She did not mention it that even after they got married, the man made sure she got no education. That the man made sure that she did not work while they were married. So i cannot understand how we can draw up, from her story, that the man controled her because she isn't empowered! Haven't you seen where a man left an 'independent' woman for someone else? So what do we tell the man who is not too 'empowered' and married to a woman who is 'independent'?

What is this bunkum?

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by dBard: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Thank you very much!!!
This is what happens when women think that when you get married and offer him your virginity, that will be all.
Don't be surprised that the lady the hubby intends marrying Might be a runs girl but she really knows how to make the man happy and stay out of his hairs?

I wonder why some women can just relax and enjoy their marriage to the fullest.
When you nagged and pushed him away, where do you think he goes to drink and rest?
Enjoy your marriage, instead of looking for who to fight or nagg just focus that energy on your kids.

Some nights ago, I saw my neighbours hubby selling his wares @ikeja under bridge around 9:30pm shouting on top of his voice. Only for me to later see his wife fighting him for coming home late that same night.

Honestly we should help our men for our marriage to work. Sometimes give then benefits of doubts, trust and respect them, give them their space and time, and above them show them love and kindness.

Thank God dis is coming from a lady.
My wife's friend was also in this kinda situation..dating a banker n very insecure cos of the difference in status n u can guess how that rtnship ended.
My ex was d same way during my service yrs,esp in camp..Calling,checking up,nagging to d point I dreaded seeing her calls, and yet I avoided situations that will compromise me cos of her to the point my fellow female corp members were calling me gay..long story short, am married n not to her.

It's quite simple, recognize ur insecurities n work on it. Every man just wants peace of mind.

I think the o.ps husband is making a mistake with this marriage to his love but I understand d y.

The o.p is the architect,builder n decorator of her own misfortune n I doubt she has the mental fortitude to deal with the subsequent 'matters arising'
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
babyosisi:

What is this bunkum?

the "bunkum", whatever it that means, implies babyosisi.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
hatelove:
cryThanks @ all for your advice

When my husband came for reconcilation, he informed my brother and my father that he would be getting married again and the new wife has accepted to stay with me, he also wanted to know if i will be willing to stay with her if not we can get a divorce.

My brother said he told him not to inform me then that when he is ready to get married he should inform me afterward i make my decision myself.

My brother said polygamy is not a sin, its better than divorce but im free to make my decision because my husband had confirded in them that he is not comfortable with me, if he remains with only me he might die of hypertention has he had already develop high blood presssure, he said if he wants to die the death should at least be natural not for something he can aviod.

HE said he is not letting go off his responsibility that he wants to be happy since i decided not to be happy
He deserve to be happy and the new wife will teach me how to love.

Unfortunately since i called the new wife and warned her on phone she changed her mind of staying in the same apartment with me and gave my husband condition of providing a seperate accomodation for her before she can go ahead with the marriage which my husband accepted saying afterall he has two houses.
My husband said nothing has changed between the two of us apart form him not being comfortable with only me since he dont want to divorce me and i should be thankful to the new wife because its her family that told him to reconcile with me before they can give him thier daughter so that they can be sure that no matter what happens in their marriage they can be assured of reconcilation since their dauhter has choosen him even with his married status.

HE said i shouldnt go about gossiping him because there is two side to every story.

I shouldnt even try bringing the bibble n western culture to him because he wouldnt buy them
I should be happy that africa provides altternative for divorce.

If i want divorce he will settle awesomely so that i can go live my life and get the happiness i truly deserve if that is my wish

MY husbands heart is made up
He didnt come home yesterday because some of the girls family is threatening fire and brimestone over her decision
They said they will scatter their marriage that their daughter cannot be in a polygamous marriage so the girl left home because of the stress and he went to be with her and got her an hotel for them to relax.
He told his family that they should be ready for any form of embarrasment in the marriage just in case but he is not backing down on the girl because the girl taught him how to love.
I saw my husband being very emotional and behaves as if his life depends on the marriage.
HE is about 15 years older than her but my husband age is only but a number. well it goes on n on but i dont want to so spying on his life anymore

Since he already had hbp i dont want him dying on me, his obvious his family is in support of the marriage because they dont want thier son /brother to die over uneccessary stresss.

I ACCEPT ALL MY WRONG DOINGS AND I CANT HELP BUT REGRET, maybe i took advantage of my husband being such a quite man but his brother who seems like a father to him told me today that whenever he is angry he always go mute.

TO MY HUBBY IM SORRY FOR CURSING i was only being emotional

I TAKE BACK ALL THE CURSE AND CANT SAY MUCH THAN MAY IT BE WELL WITH YOU and may you find all the love you are looking for.

Lest i forgot the new wife really appeared to be a good person with all the warnings and curses i rained on her there was a time when myself and huby was together and it appeared she was having issue with hubby, she called him all day without him answering d call continued d next day same thing, then she called me and ask if my husband was with him, i shouted at her then huby was there, the next thing i saw was him sending her an sms. the next day he went out probaly to reconcile with her when he came back that same day, i heard him asking her on phone
WITH this words exactly, honey so you love me that much after that they continue their conversation which i went to bed because it was in the night and sometimes my hubby makes call with her all through the night. he even set alarm not to over sleep so he can talk to her.

I CAN GO ALL N ALL BUT THE DEED HAS BEEN DONE hubby has even given me a clear warning to stay off his marriage if not he will divorce with nothing and there is nothing anybody can do
thanks @ ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE. cryThanks @ all for your advice

thanks @ ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE. i have both male n female children n didnt cheat n never cheated infact i got married as a virgin same with hubby, the both of us had no ex, hubby said he better walk the aisle again with someone he love than to cheat for those that asked.

Upbringing and culture has a lot to do with this
These are the sort of stories you hardly hear in Igboland
That a man will be wanting to marry a second wife and the family of that second wife asks him to go reconcile with the first one before marrying their daughter shocked shocked
What nonsense is that
to make matters worse he even had the guts to inform your family ahead of time that he is marrying another wife but will pity you and stay with you and your family accepted this
You end the first marriage and move on to the other wife
This is 2014 for heavens sake
All this communal bed sharing
Una never hear of HIV
Where are you from because this is all strange to me
This is just so messed up
First your parents give you out in an arranged marriage and now negotiating to keep you after the man has replaced you,are you no longer their child?

Sorry at poster,all these your tales sound very pathetic
You better get out of that environment before you go crazy

If this were me,no man will have the guts to stand and tell my father this
Fear no go gree am,say wetin happen,was I chiseled out of a stone
Is he doing me a favor by marrying me or what?
Biko grow some backbone,there are three children depending on you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by lafflaff123(m): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Gbam!

Don't mind all these wannabe feminists.

My aunt no sabi book but that woman can ask her hubby for N1m this minute and he will her N2m instead.

It's all about finding the right one for you. making sure you don't accept just any Tom, D.ic.k, or Harry's ring just because you want to marry.

Babyosisi and co should be preaching more of choosing the right partner than having education, jobs, etc. Those things are important for the woman yes. But that does not mean that a university girl cannot marry while still in school if she meets a nice guys that is financially comfortable enough. Finishing her education and getting a job before marriage to have "something to fall back on" does not automatically guarantee anything.

10 likes
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by cococandy(f): 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
jaybee3:
This is a classic example of when it's absolutely necessary to date someone before marrying them. Say no to matchmaking especially when it comes from the family.

@OP
You cannot force yourself on a man. His mind is pretty made up and absolutely no point you staying in an unhappy environment when it's almost certain the situation will eventually snowball into uninvited health challenges.
Learn to love yourself and know you deserve more.
Your life and happiness ought not to revolve around a man. He has at least agreed to provide financial assistance for the kids so make something out of your life period
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Saraha1(f): 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmm.
This is serious.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2014
All these young ladies,you better learn from these stories o
First of all never ever you give a man the impression that he rescued you and your family from shame ,even if he did
You never talk down on your family or belittle them before your husband
That is the only reason a man will have the audacity to walk up to a woman's parents and tells them he is about to replace their daughter and your own brother who drank off the same milk as you tells the man not to tell you yet shocked shocked
nobody in that family gave both your pathetic brother and the so called husband a dirty slap and tells them both to go to hell and burn to ashes.
You haven't told us details of this marriage arrangement
Is this man the one feeding your family?I highly suspect that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Goldenboy007(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
Women?!!! They will start the battle whose war they can't win! When you started this battle did you ask for advice? Now the war is bigger than you and you have started cursing and seeking advice!!

Now the story may be real or fictitious, however instead of young ladies to learn from this they are busy giving useless vindictive advice as if they have the experience!
90% of you will push your husband/fiancé out with your attitude!!! I have read so many advice from girls, ladies and women on this forum and it's amazing the valueless society we find ourselves!! Men are no saints but many of them have conscience. There exist in every man a king and a mad man, it now depends on the one you address.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by CoCoLav(f): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Look at it from her perspective....her husband ran away from home because he was not man enough to be faithful to his vows.

Some of you people....and am sure you go to church on Sundays.

Thing about marriage....it is not one long road of enjoyment. It is where you learn the important human lesson....that people can be loved inspite of how bad they are.

And the husband is a weak willed person.....he is incapable of loving people inspite of their weaknesses.

Sorry.....but he isn't a man. He is a failure. And the woman...for all her issues...did not go and conduct an affair behind her hubby's back.

Men like you exist? shocked shocked shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by etomama(f): 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2014
Madam I feel for you but I believe that the Lord can still redeem your marriage. Please DO NOT pack out of your matrimonial home. Intensify on your prayer rather than cursing your first love because d battle is going to be fierced afta d so called wedding o . you will see things that may want to make ur blood boil, just allow God. To fight for you. In the same vein, pls go get ur self a job. The Lord will renew the wine of your marriage.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by PehaKaso: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Nice write up madame.

But I have seen illiterate women enjoy their marriages more than professors.

What makes a marriage goes beyond all these decorations. It take more than that. It takes the hearts and determination of both parties

Pls spot on & educate them. In this thread, I just discovered the Nairaland ladies who lord over their spouses just because they are career ladies.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman. Sorry you ruined ur home ur self.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Terry68: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
I partly give you the blames. I don't think its right; punching and combing the content of your spouse phone. It's not always healthy. Many homes and mere relationship has ended due to this. You should have continued your good wife exhibition and at times table your observation romantically with him to cling that change you desire.

Many guys including me don't like people(even my best friends) going through my text messages.

Don't give your hubby reasons to leave you.
Always try to avoid him getting angry even if he's mean.
There are many women out there wishing they were you.
I will kindly advice you stay off their marriage line/house to avoid you kids and you being maltreated.

"I think the jealousy was over displayed"
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by lafflaff123(m): 3:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
babyosisi:

That a man will be wanting to marry a second wife and the family of that second wife asks him to go reconcile with the first one before marrying their daughter shocked shocked
What nonsense is that
to make matters worse he even had the guts to inform your family ahead of time that he is marrying another wife but will pity you and stay with you and your family accepted this
Una never hear of HIV
First your parents give you out in an arranged marriage and now negotiating to keep you after the man has replaced you,are you no longer their child?

You will be here on some fictitious moniker soon seeking for advice, loser.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by ladej(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
if you don't learn we will be waiting for your post in the near future. na u know....#PHONECHECKER

Juzzybabe:
So sad. Dono what to say...because am just like you,always looking for what I didn't lost in my husband phone. I check even his parents phone to know who's against me but I think I have to learn from your mistake. I must learn!
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Gbam!

My aunt no sabi book but that woman can ask her hubby for N1m this minute and he will her N2m instead.

It's all about finding the right one for you. making sure you don't accept just any Tom, D.ic.k, or Harry's ring just because you want to marry.

Babyosisi and co should be preaching more of choosing the right partner than having education, jobs, etc. Those things are important for the woman yes. But that does not mean that a university girl cannot marry while still in school if she meets a nice guys that is financially comfortable enough. [s]Finishing her education and getting a job before marriage to have "something to fall back on" does not automatically guarantee anything.[/s] However, I must admit that finishing her education and getting a job before marriage automatically guarantees she has "something to fall back on", and at the very least isn't completely helpless to herself and her children in case of the ever-so-common scenario above, death, or any other unseemly circumstance she may face.

Fixed.

Preaching to someone that they "should've found (or need to find) the 'right' person" is in no way a sufficient answer. Most people feel they have the 'right' person, and the unpredictable is prone to creep into the most common of relationships. In truth, her advice was spot on, or in your words 'GBAM'.

3 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by ladyju(f): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Oh my God! What a humiliation.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by dhabeautyjas(f): 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
humilitypays:
I pity most women shaa.

But all these ladies advising her and other ladies to have a career, have a PhD, have money, bla bla bla before u marry as a lady, does that solve the problem

If u like be richer than Mrs Alakija or Serena Williams, if u have bad behaviour and character, no man in his right thinking sense would marry you and remain with you forever!

The way u guys are talking as if having money as a woman solves the problem...there are millions of wealthy career women being butted out of their marriage by their husband, so its not about money or career or education but character and behaviour!

The lady did not complain of money or not having money, she's just insecure that because she didn't go to higher institution that her hubby will be chasing educated/working class women, which made her to start sniffing around her husband's phone, etc and hence killed her marriage with her bare hands.

Ladies stop thinking that having the best career or being so educated and rich will save you from heartbreak or will secure you the happiest marriage, its pure lie!!!

Many rich, working class ladies are single crying for hubby...many rich ladies have been divorced and being divorced, why? Bad character, lack of humility and infidelity!

HUMILITY is a character every man desires in a woman! Not money, not career, not education.

Unfortunately, many ladies become horrible in marriage which scare guys now from getting marriage, and like I hear people say: bad wives come back to their good senses when their husband marries a second wife, and this is what's happening to you.

One of my senior colleague, 50something now said his first wife was so horrible and made his life miserable to the extent he nearly ran mental and ppl advised him to marry a second wife that the wife would change and that once he married a second wife, his first wife became an angel till date....three of them are living happily under one big compound, diff buildings shaa...

So to single ladies reading, be good, don't push your future husband to the wall.

Have good looks and be humble and watch men worship and exalt you!

@poster, sorry, all you can do now is pray and go back to his family that brought you to please help.

Your husband must have endured your bad character for so long before taking this bold step. He didn't do this because he met u via match-making, he did it because you were too insecure, and maybe arrogant, not humble and in fact stubborn! Change, cry to your God in your privacy, confess your sins and mistake and ask God to come to your aid asap!

Don't listen to all these people telling you its because you didn't have a career or education because I know a lady who happened to be a HR staff in one of the top multinational firms here in Nigeria who got butted out of her marriage last year and she almost committed suicide, almost left her job to run away if not for family/friends intervention, in fact, she nearly ran mad....so its not just about career....or money.

I wish you the best but pls renounce those curses you pronounced against your hubby and mistress.

its true there are frustrated successful women out there. but did u read between the lines? from all she said, the man has completely written her off, she has her own faults, yeah but have you also thought about the fact that the man also may have his own (most gentle men are more dangerous, he may have been having affairs since they got married but his gentility will be ccovering for him.)
now the man doesnt want her as he said he doesnt love her. so do you expect her to remain in the house and be molested with their new found love and also tormented, is it not better she picks her life before its late?
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by DollyParton1(f): 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
lakamua:
You even left him for 3months hoping he will not be able to cope. Most women over rate their importance o. Hope he has shown you dat every fuckin woman can be replaced like tyre d moment she misbehaves
just like ur Grandmother, mother, sister(s), Aunties and female cousins

3 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by WUMBOS(f): 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
so sorry about dat madam.......................pls just try 2 comport ursef,i believe all will be well
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
Na do or die affair ni?
VenusBetty:
Please don't leave your matrimonial home for whatever reasons. God be with you.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by adorable29(f): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Timbuktou:
Adorable29, I think you're on a wrong thread. Your comment doesn't align with the information of the OP of this thread.

What is this one saying? Mr alignment! Please help me align my post to the right thread!
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by adorable29(f): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
@poster, my sixth sense tells me this story is as fake as my fake eyelashes!

Your write up has no direction. One the one hand, you are cursing your husband and on the other hand, you are EMPHASIZING how you caused him high blood pressure and how his new wife is so wonderful and how your husband deserves to be happy.... It appears to me that you are seriously defending the man's action in reply to the comments here!

Your post on this thread seems "psychologically unusual" for a woman who JUST DISCOVERED her husband is getting wedded tomorrow! Are you trying to do a research for a nollywood script or something?

Anyway, even tho I seriously think this story is as fake as nicki minaj's booty, I believe that lessons can be learnt from it. But I am not fooled. YOU ARE A GUY who created a new moniker just to get opinions on this subject matter! My take!

3 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
babyosisi:

What nonsense is that
Una never hear of HIV

see your life? Your problem is just your antagonism to polygamy. My dear, if you don't want it, don't do it! No one is forcing you. After reading here post where she painted a pic that she was the one at fault, this is still all you have to say! The problem with you feminists is that you just think women are not humans who could make mistakes. When she opened this thread, you all were trying to point out that her not being educated and empowered is the reason the man is "controlling her". I want you to take a look at her post again and see if there are gramatical errors there. Does her post resemble that of an illitrate?

Typical of you feminists. Even when the woman confessed with her own mouth that she took advantage of her husband being quiet, you still want her to play the victim and not take responsibility. Infantilizing women is one of the ways feminism is deciving women around the world.

2 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
Evina:
Na wah oh. The bible is truly the book of wisdom. Indeed a wise woman builds her home while a foolish woman plucks it down.

I don't know if/how to sympathize with the op. Guess you had to go through this, so you can be an example to others. Thank you so much for choosing to share your story and wish you Gods grace and joy.
Somehow, this comment goes unnoticed while tons of rubbish advice given to the OP is being hailed as the "modern" way to handle issues. I can bet that many of the women talking rubbish here will be singing "had I known" in the future.
Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by egobetatoday: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
its just a pity for the women folk. na wa oo. i like the fact that the Op didnt hide the fact that she was at fault. but why will a lady date a married man in the first place? why? How will u feel if u are put thru the same? like my hubby will always say- women are their biggest problem. they a problem to themselves and to other women. its just a pity sha. they will try all they can to make sure they are a part of a married man's life. like say na the national cake be dat. the annoying thing is dat these successful men will not decode that its just because of their money. Do u think that same girl will marry u as a second wife if u were a bricklayer? and once they marry these men they begin to go to all the spiritual places in the world to make sure they tie d man to themselves n d mumu man will be like this is the kind of marriage i wanted not knowing the juju under the bed. flirt as much as u want but for God's sake not with a married man now. there is a word called Karma oo. To think that some of those husband snatchers are here reading it Mtchewwwwwwww. Go n look for your own man ehhnn.

4 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Shirley07: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Gbam!

Babyosisi and co should be preaching more of choosing the right partner than having education, jobs, etc. Those things are important for the woman yes. But that does not mean that a university girl cannot marry while still in school if she meets a nice guys that is financially comfortable enough. Finishing her education and getting a job before marriage to have "something to fall back on" does not automatically guarantee anything.
The difference between your aunt and all these working wives is, one has no life outside her husband while the other has various things to keep her mind on. I'm sure you won't like to be like your aunt..
As a matter of fact, having no life outside marriage is the root of all these nagging, low self esteem bla bla.

2 Likes

Re: HELP: My Husband Wedding Comes Up On Saturday by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
egobetatoday:
its just a pity for the women folk. na wa oo. i like the fact that the Op didnt hide the fact that she was at fault. but why will a lady date a married man in the first place? why? How will u feel if u are put thru the same? like my hubby will always say- women are their biggest problem. they a problem to themselves and to other women. its just a pity sha. they will try all they can to make sure they are a part of a married man's life. like say na the national cake be dat. the annoying thing is dat these successful men will not decode that its just because of their money. Do u think that same girl will marry u as a second wife if u were a bricklayer? and once they marry these men they begin to go to all the spiritual places in the world to make sure they tie d man to themselves n d mumu man will be like this is the kind of marriage i wanted not knowing the juju under the bed. flirt as much as u want but for God's sake not with a married man now. there is a word called Karma oo. To think that some of those husband snatchers are here reading it Mtchewwwwwwww. Go n look for your own man ehhnn.

First you complain about women being the biggest problem to each other and then you continue bashing women. Are you not guilty of what you complain about? And how have you chosen to ignore the fact that it was the husband that took the vows and promised something to his wife and not the other woman?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My 83-Year-old Father Is Getting Married To A 60-Year-Old Lady / I'm Losing My Only Sister / Lady Who Danced While Heavily Pregnant Shows Off Her Body 10 Days After Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.