Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook (40949 Views)

Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari / UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny / Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by onadana: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
follow the law of the army.Death for. Mutiny.You did not go some went,some came back,some were maimed for life,some loss their lives.But you did not go.What of those that went?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ndlog: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Do you know that officer's of the Nigerian are 95% corrupt? They divert the money meant for buying of weapons and in return want to kill people who have been in the field suffering to keep the Nation one.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Reference(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
gbaskipro:

You have to grow up and understand that this is a forum, directly or indirectly you could ask questions to aid you or some other persons who needs them. I wish you could be literate and matured enough to know that. Now to your question on when I joined the force. I started as a Student at Nigerian military school Zaria after which I proceeded to Nigerian Defence Academy NDA, I was commissioned in the year 2009 and I have been serving in the force since then. You asked a question and I have given you your answer sir, I am not into any debate with u. Thank you

Hmmm. How is NMS these days. You're a soldiers's soldier. Not surprised at your views.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by BM120: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
They deserve presidential pardon
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Samabu07(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Corrupt Officers sabotaging the Nigerian Military and the Nation since 1960.

A colonel ask me to Part with the 250k to be included on a Presidential List, I tell am say I no get make him no use Army chop my own with open eyes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by gbaskipro: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2014
iamord:
sir good to know that you are defending your country too.. I need your candid opinion,, the current behavior in the military camps.as to the boko haram insurgency .. Where is the problem coming from?

What I will say is preparedness and the kind of people we have in the army..... It came to a time when people joined the army as a source of livelihood which is not ought to be so. now I must say we have military men who don't want to die. When a military man does not want to die it is funny, because joining the army means you want to be a hero, its not a place to come and earn money and live life, it is a job that immortalises us. So for me I feel the motivation which prompted so many of us to the army us what is hunting us. Some came to earn a living and now we are faced with situation that needs us to do what we are employed for then we are running. As an army person we should be happy when we have to fight because its is our job, but when one runs away from the battle field then you question why he joined the army.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by risingprophet(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
peace be onto you. just pray Oga seun will not still fire you from Nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by samxylino(m): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
cowards choose politics
brave choose war
the smarts avoid both....

dying for Nigeria z d last tin I wud do...
no medals
the citizens only care about celebs...
nothing for my family to enjoy after my death
dey don't even name a street after me
my name z not even knw by 1 percent of d citizens..
won't even bury me like a real patriot...
can't blame the soldiers ......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Seriously,This is a very sensitive moment, other loyal soliders are watching, this mutiny is a very terrible offence,in the force, all around the world, if it was in Germany or Russia they are wasted as soon as possible, so they dont pollute the rest. The Millitary is all about following orders to the last wether u are comfortable with it or not.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
Seriously,This is a very sensitive moment, other loyal soliders are watching, this mutiny is a very terrible offence,in the force, all around the world, if it was in Germany or Russia they are wasted as soon as possible, so they dont pollute the rest. The Millitary is all about following orders to the last wether u are comfortable with it or not.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
gbaskipro:

You have to grow up and understand that this is a forum, directly or indirectly you could ask questions to aid you or some other persons who needs them. I wish you could be literate and matured enough to know that. Now to your question on when I joined the force. I started as a Student at Nigerian military school Zaria after which I proceeded to Nigerian Defence Academy NDA, I was commissioned in the year 2009 and I have been serving in the force since then. You asked a question and I have given you your answer sir, I am not into any debate with u. Thank you

Why telling me to grow up simply cos I asked an harmless question. You could simply have answered my question without resorting to insults.

From your response, I can only conclude that you are a big LIAR who got angry because somebody found out he had lied.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by kenex4ever(m): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
deji68:
Pls speciy.which equipment ..dem give una gun armoured tanks. Etc if bh get Pilot s una for dash them helicopters.it is soldiers like u that dash the bh boys all d equipments they have....coward !!! joining the force is not only about beating bloody civillians cool cool
true

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by gbaskipro: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
Reference:

Thank you comrade. Your patriotism is exemplary.

I do my best God knows, but am also sometimes surprised at how the military men in Nigeria behave towards battle. The prestige and honour of a soilder is to die on a battle ground. Our Jon is fighting our job is battle. As an army man I should be ready to die but what we have is guys who joined the army just to earn a living and when it's time to do the job they give silly excuses. Yes we know government has to do more but no matter what the Army Remains the Army and it must pride it's self in that status quo

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Reference(m): 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2014
ehemwhy:

The guy head dey there ! But u can't blame nlanders, the military has been neglected for so long ( most of our current hardware were procured during the shagari era ) and. There has been too much of secrecy around military activities for so long .

No sir. There is hardly a Shagari era weapon system in the Nigerian armed forces today. The standard weapon of the infantry man then was the german Heckler & Kock G3 rifle. It was replaced with the Belgian FN FAL in the early nineties. Then came the Russian Kalashinokov's of which we are currently using the second (Nigeria) generation of I'm not mistaken. The other arms are the same so are airforce and naval weapon systems. Very few Shagari era planes and ships survive.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by gbaskipro: 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
hifaif:

Why telling me to grow up simply cos I asked an harmless question. You could simply have answered my question without resorting to insults.

From your response, I can only conclude that you are a big LIAR who got angry because somebody found out he had lied.
Ok
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ManTiger(m): 5:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
You have no access to Facebook. Next time don't join the army and disobey orders. I wish you a merry firing squad. angry angry angry
Yourself and 15 others who liked your post are nothing but HE GOAT.

Do you know what It means to be given SMG or Mack4 to face fearless dreadful human being with Fully Automatic Gun with countless bullets inside many magazines?

Most of these Animals Machine Gun can discharge 3,000 bullets in 7min without jamming!

Many Soldiers have lost their lifes and these set of soldier's life is about to be sacrificed because the requested for a better weaponry!

You still don't see now that you're stewpiid?

Now listen, its like Lectures getting life sentence because they go on strike as a result of improper funding of education sector!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by gbaskipro: 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
I am not justifying his disobedience but that is harsh words to say of somebody whose life is about to be taken from him, where is thy sympathy

No sympathy for offenders

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Gofwane(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Shut your big mouth off, with your embezzlement rubbish. Same fucccking story from cowards since 1960.

"They said their refusal to obey orders of the Commanding Officer of the Special Forces Battalion, Lt. Colonel Opurum, was as a result of non availability of arms and ammunition to prosecute the instruction of the commander."

...Yet their commander, Lt-Col Opurum went with just 29 men and SUCCESSFULLY carried out the mission
i'm sorry 2 say this, but you are very s.tupid sir.

Ps: no disrespect

. . .smh
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Shut your big mouth off, with your embezzlement rubbish. Same fucccking story from cowards since 1960.

"They said their refusal to obey orders of the Commanding Officer of the Special Forces Battalion, Lt. Colonel Opurum, was as a result of non availability of arms and ammunition to prosecute the instruction of the commander."

...Yet their commander, Lt-Col Opurum went with just 29 men and SUCCESSFULLY carried out the mission

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
delegiwa:

You can go ahead and call someone a 'fool' on a matter you obviously know little about. However, you made a sensible statement when you said that killing them will send a very wrong message but you forgot that not doing anything will send a worse message. The army needed to put out a strong stand out there for people to know that they aren't joking. Besides, this story of not having weapons that will match that of BH is nonsense! The strongest weapon is courage and many of these soldiers lack it!
How do you expect them to be courageous and motivated when the enemy's weapon is more sophisticated than their's, when funds meant for their allowance are slashed by "big-bellied generals" in Abuja.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by delegiwa(m): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
tosag:
How do you expect them to be courageous and motivated when the enemy's weapon is more sophisticated than their's, when funds meant for their allowance are slashed by "big-bellied generals" in Abuja.

It is statements like these that help in making our soldiers abandon their weapons and flee leaving the same 'substandard' weapons to BH. You obviously don't know how weapons are purchased in the Nigerian Army and that's why everyone is going on about Generals embezzling funds made for weapons. The guy in question ran away out of indiscipline and cowardice and not out of lack of any weapon abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Duru1(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2014
Reference:

No sir. There is hardly a Shagari era weapon system in the Nigerian armed forces today. The standard weapon of the infantry man then was the german Heckler & Kock G3 rifle. It was replaced with the Belgian FN FAL in the early nineties. Then came the Russian Kalashinokov's of which we are currently using the second (Nigeria) generation of I'm not mistaken. The other arms are the same so are airforce and naval weapon systems. Very few Shagari era planes and ships survive.

In early 60s, Nigerian armed forces were equipped with world II vintage infantry weapons such as British Enfield and Carbines from USA. During and after the civil war, Nigerian armed forces have been equipped with anything from AK 47, G3 to Belgian FN FAL.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by thecommunist(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Soldiering is not for everybody. There are some who will gladly join, gallantly fight and bravely die on the battle field...thats thier calling. But when people join because they need a job or thru connections when they clearly are not fit for the army then this is what we get.
I know my calling and its not soldiering so i cant join the army even if i need employment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Horus(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRMUYlvqUBI

[size=15pt]Boko Haram Are Getting Arms From The Nigerian Armed Forces[/size]

Ever wondered where the Islamist sect Boko haram get their arms?. A Public Affairs Analyst, Mahmood Othman, says
the members of Boko Haram get their arms from the Nigerian Armed Forces. He said that the arms are gotten whenever they attack Police stations and military posts.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Duru1(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2014
ManTiger:

Yourself and 15 others who liked your post are nothing but HE GOAT.

Do you know what It means to be given SMG or Mack4 to face fearless dreadful human being with Fully Automatic Gun with countless bullets inside many magazines?

Most of these Animals Machine Gun can discharge 3,000 bullets in 7min without jamming!

Many Soldiers have lost their lifes and these set of soldier's life is about to be sacrificed because the requested for a better weaponry!

You still don't see now that you're stewpiid?

Now listen, its like Lectures getting life sentence because they go on strike as a result of improper funding of education sector!

You are worse than a HE GOAT. I guess your ignorance knows no boundary. Do you know what SMG denotes? Nigerian Police does not use Enfield MK4 talk less of the military.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by charcoal(m): 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmm agbero his d easiest force to join ,all u do is to chase buses at the bustop and Scream "owo mi da?"
No stress no weapon needed

Make ena beta go join agbero,
9ja oni Bake oo
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by kenex4ever(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
EbolaParasite:

Stop being insensitive. While the army has its code of conduct, the decision by the army to sentence its own men to death while the battle with Boko Haram persists shows how terrrible the decision makers are. At the very least, they should have postponed this hearing/sentencing/tribunal. What do you think this will do to the rest of those soldiers whose morale is at the lowest? What do you think this will do with regards to Boko Haram? It will be sending a wrong message. At the very least, the President should have pardoned them by now. We are at war with Islamic Extremists and all we want to do is kill our own soldiers. Really?
U r right to an extent. They should have postponed d hearing to a more convenient time because this will scare potential recruits from joining. But just as d oda guy said, they refused d order of dia commander(opurum) and he went with just 29men and executed d task. What does dat tell u? These young boys just joined d army so dat dey can boast with dia guns and maltreat civilians. Just check d weapon d guy displayed on his facebook page(if u go tru his former updates u will c it) and he is complaining of lack of weapon. The guns I always c with captured boko H members are always rusted AK47 dat dey probably took from coward soldiers like this guy.
The death sentence is normal in d military because it will scare other cowards from disobeying d last command.
But I think it's too much as a civilian because it will scare new comers.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Hakeem3(m): 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
You have no access to Facebook. Next time don't join the army and disobey orders. I wish you a merry firing squad. angry angry angry
may God gudge u for dis irrational comment of urs
.dis are people whu do not sleep day and nite just because dey ar fighting for dis dead country
.do u knw hw much billions dat goes to defence ministry
... yet d once at d top kolobi d money nd give ill equipped weapons to fight boko sophisticated weapons. . there is really God ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ruffDiamond: 6:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
Cant imagine losing even my finga nail for a county called naijiriya specially one headed by d clueless ONE*in dagrin voice* naijiria ojojumo la nji ri ya! Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by sorextee(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2014
Na only you don talk sense so far. Still scrolling anyway.. i hope they get pardoned, or rather, dismissed. It sounds fair..
EbolaParasite:

Stop being insensitive. While the army has its code of conduct, the decision by the army to sentence its own men to death while the battle with Boko Haram persists shows how terrrible the decision makers are. At the very least, they should have postponed this hearing/sentencing/tribunal. What do you think this will do to the rest of those soldiers whose morale is at the lowest? What do you think this will do with regards to Boko Haram? It will be sending a wrong message. At the very least, the President should have pardoned them by now. We are at war with Islamic Extremists and all we want to do is kill our own soldiers. Really?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by delegiwa(m): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2014
Gofwane:
i'm sorry 2 say this, but you are very s.tupid sir.

Ps: no disrespect

. . .smh

When you have nothing better to say, you resort to cheap insults.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ehemwhy(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2014
Reference:

God bless ur hustle , u are very correct , but these are standard issue weapons , our albatross, long serving alpha jets, C 130 s, even Aradu the only frigate we can boast of before these Chinese stealth. Corvettes were procured , bofors shilkas( heard one was captured by BH ) were all shagari acquisitions. Point is the military has paid for its long negligence , thank God for this mordernization attempt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shame On You - Mbaka Replies Garba Shehu On Contract Scandal / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger / Opeyemi, Omoyele Sowore's Wife: FG Has No Grounds To Hold My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.