Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook (40653 Views)

Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari / UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny / Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by tuzeriouz(m): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
See more...hear more...talk less! Even if the command against one's will,it must be carried out way and manner.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by easy4beno(m): 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
I'm watching closely how people here have turned this solder into a laughing stock and little minds would think its the best thing to do to him, for crying out loud this is death we are talking about, fine he did what is not right and he's getting the supposed result of his action, but come to think of it, nobody has raised or talked about the reason for him disobeying orders. Ofcos its no news today that boko haram is well equipped much more than our soldiers, with that single point alone is enough to kill the morale of a soldier even before going to the battle front.

Also, Whoever is saying "who send am make e go join army"- I would like you to know that if its not for the bravery of these set of people there won't be a country called Nigeria where most of us wants a white collar job where we want to go to office in the morning and come back in the evening because a nation's defense lies in the strength of the Army.

In my own judgment I understand that the soldiers deserve what they got but I think they could have been given a very severe punishment for their offense instead of killing them like fowls. Nigerians should stop acting like hypocrites, its no news to everyone that these men do not have the necessary toys(weapons) to fight boko haram and the government is doing little or nothing about it, if we keep thinking like this, this country would only get worse..

I hope people can decipher the analysis from my point and I'm open to more suggestion and corrections..thank you!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by betterabia: 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2014
hehe.. when Governors squander money, they get praises and automatic ticket for senate.

what soldiers ask for weapons, they get death sentence.

what a country!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by CHM11: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
You have no access to Facebook. Next time don't join the army and disobey orders. I wish you a merry firing squad. angry angry angry
This what you will say if he was your relation?
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by sucre1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
Www.alabodavo.com
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by betterabia: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2014
easy4beno:
I'm watching closely how people here have turned this solder into a laughing stock and little minds would think its the best thing to do to him, for crying out loud this is death we are talking about, fine he did what is not right and he's getting the supposed result of his action, but come to think of it, nobody has raised or talked about the reason for him disobeying orders. Ofcos its no news today that boko haram is well equipped much more than our soldiers, with that single point alone is enough to kill the morale of a soldier even before going to the battle front.

Also, Whoever is saying "who send am make e go join army"- I would like you to know that if its not for the bravery of these set of people there won't be a country called Nigeria where most of us wants a white collar job where we want to go to office in the morning and come back in the evening because a nation's defense lies in the strength of the Army.

In my own judgment I understand that the soldiers deserve what they got but I think they could have been given a very severe punishment for their offense instead of killing them like fowls. Nigerians should stop acting like hypocrites, its no news to everyone that these men do not have the necessary toys(weapons) to fight boko haram and the government is doing little or nothing about it, if we keep thinking like this, this country would only get worse..

I hope people can decipher the analysis from my point and I'm open to more suggestion and corrections..thank you!

this country needs a revolution against corruption.

kill them, and you will face a more dangerous disease than ebola
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Duru1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2014
The picture of the soldier in the post depicts a well-kitted soldier for any military operations. A soldier does not need to have the same weapons as the opposing side in order to engage in a battle. Nigerian infantry battalion is equipped with AK 47 and side arms which are enough to deal with BK. Only fools dream about perfect world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by solemate: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
I believed that Nigerian Army have their code of conduct and once you are recruited, the code of conduct will given to you as a solder.
My question is this, was there any paragraph in that code of conduct that said that you should not face the enemy unless you have a trailer load of grenade all to yourself?
This is what happen when u join the military because of their beautiful uniform.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by CHM11: 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
IjogzK:
He's making another mistake. You are in the Military for God sake you don't talk much and you don't rebel.

I know that the sentence will be reversed secretly and they will be dismissed. They just want it to serve as a deterrent to others.
You say?...hmmmm seems you don't know the NA
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
prophetfire:
mr.man are u a human being with a human heart @ all?read ur last sentence again please.
Dont mind the mumu. He's here running his mouth like a fool. Nobody is saying what those soldiers did was right but killing them would send out a very wrong message. There are ways of punishing them without this firing squad shi.t.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by betterabia: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
one day members of nigerian labour congress will be sentenced to death for asking for better working condition.

watch out!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by fydence: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
brownlord2:

Seems APC is coming with her own army and police, sometime confuse how your general intend to fight kworupshion with cowards and corrupt security men
as well as stabilize the oil market....heheheh
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Reference(m): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Shut your big mouth off, with your embezzlement rubbish. Same fucccking story from cowards since 1960.

"They said their refusal to obey orders of the Commanding Officer of the Special Forces Battalion, Lt. Colonel Opurum, was as a result of non availability of arms and ammunition to prosecute the instruction of the commander."

...Yet their commander, Lt-Col Opurum went with just 29 men and SUCCESSFULLY carried out the mission

I see. Not surprised. They indiscipline grafted into They armed forces since Babangida came to power remains. So sorry for them. They should meet their fate with the bravery they lacked on the battlefield. Soldiers have been fighting and dying ill-equiped since time immemorial. The penalty for dissertion and mutiny has remained the same.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Suljosh: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
You have no access to Facebook. Next time don't join the army and disobey orders. I wish you a merry firing squad. angry angry angry
disgusting
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Duru1(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
betterabia:

Nigeria does not need any revolution but disintegration. Of course, the convicted soldiers should be shot according to the military code. I guess thanks should go to Obasanjo and his fellow knuckles heads that decreed mutiny and coup are punishable by death. There was no such clause in 1966 Nigeria yet dingbats are insinuating that January 15, 1966 coup plotters should have been shot.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by JoeCutie(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2014
Dear brother, take heart.
Before you joined the army, you signed your "Death Warrant". So why complain? Again, you & I know that Mutiny is an uncompromising height of cowardice. And No, we ain't gonna condone that. All I can tell you is: In your next life, don't join the army. Enter into politics, or better still, join Nairaland.

As I wish everybody a happy Xmas in advance, I wish you & your cohorts a happy & swift Rest In Peace in advance. It's well, brother. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by babaluckey: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
You guys will be pardoned and have a second chance...i am praying seriously for you guys not be executed. You all will be granted presidential pardon soon. Be prayerful there is nothing God can not do through Christ ourLORD

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by prophetfire: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2014
Until we learn to hold our govt accountable,we ll nt progress.if cowards joined the army, is it nt the military top brass dt collect money from and use man-know-man to recruit them n leave the real "soldiers" out?truth be told.I have bn in the nigeria military circles.our military allocation is always stolen,esp since politicians came to power.most of the equip in our so-called armoury re out-dated n malfunctioning.truth is dt boko problem exposed the rot in our military n our generals re employing diversionary tactics. Y dnt they inquire y our armoury is full of obsolete equip inspite of yearly allocations? Much of our equip are as old as the 1960s n in a modern army.nigeria is a huge joke, n things wnt hange bcs our citizens seem to be docile about holding the govt to account.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
What a useless, clueless, heartless, classless callously dumb govt!
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by gbaskipro: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2014
hifaif:

When did you join the air force. As at August this year, weren't you thinking about going to Uganda for a job?
You have to grow up and understand that this is a forum, directly or indirectly you could ask questions to aid you or some other persons who needs them. I wish you could be literate and matured enough to know that. Now to your question on when I joined the force. I started as a Student at Nigerian military school Zaria after which I proceeded to Nigerian Defence Academy NDA, I was commissioned in the year 2009 and I have been serving in the force since then. You asked a question and I have given you your answer sir, I am not into any debate with u. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Suljosh: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
barcanista:
Coward Soldiers, Weakling President, Corrupt Generals...

Chisusssssss........so GEJ name now is weakling? This is hilarious. *Somebody help me with toothpick laugh hang me for teeth*
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by steryj(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:

Shut your big mouth off, with your embezzlement rubbish. Same fucccking story from cowards since 1960.

"They said their refusal to obey orders of the Commanding Officer of the Special Forces Battalion, Lt. Colonel Opurum, was as a result of non availability of arms and ammunition to prosecute the instruction of the commander."

...Yet their commander, Lt-Col Opurum went with just 29 men and SUCCESSFULLY carried out the mission
Don't mind them, are they trying to tell us they were equipped with sticks and brooms to fight? what weapons were they expecting, is it nuclear weapon or something of course they are being used by some disgruntled elements within and outside the army.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by MOORCHMOORE(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
Retards every wie in NL. Product of wasted sperm, instead of your dad to look for better woman marry na ashawo im decided to settle with. as i see person like u, u fit handle school talk more of handling gun. I no blame u na free megabit wey networks dey dash u make u run ftc dey talk rubish. u deserve raw acid angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ehemwhy(m): 4:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
[quote author=Duru1 post=29026260]The picture of the soldier in the post depicts a well-kitted soldier for any military operations. A soldier does not need to have the same weapons as the opposing side in order to engage in a battle. Nigerian infantry battalion is equipped with AK 47 and side arms which are enough to deal with BK. Only fools dream about perfect world. [/quote). Is the nigerian military prepared for this kind of unconventional warfare ? Because he is in desert fatigue and a supposedly kevlar protected vest makes him well kitted. And ready for boko haram ? Only SF are kitted with side arms o !
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by delegiwa(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
easy4beno:

The punishment for treason is death and the punishment for mutiny is death. That is the law.

Any other thing you say here is mere emotion. All you need to do right now to save this young man is to APPEAL TO THE EMOTION of the military and nothing else. Coming to facebook or Nairaland won't save him because the much we can do here is rant about how his superiors 'ate money' and all that but nothing will happen.

He mutineed and that punishment is death.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by SkinnyDude(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
whatever evil you wish these gallant soldiers shall come
back to you in twelve fold. Amen!

i dont want to include your family, cos' it's not proper.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
why can't he have access to facebook,its only because u ve not met this soldiers that's why u r saying all this?
How can you not feel pity for the young soldier that has being keeping the nation safe...Do you know what these soldiers go thru daily...
They are usually sent to fight boko harams in the north and I must say: we ve lost a lot of them..the soldiers in Nigeria have reduced drastically,you need to see the weapons they r given to fight those boko harams,its very appalling...they don't even need to attack before those boko harams will finish them off with there advanced weapons....
Before you comment,please check your facts well...
I know he disobeyed,but let them tender justice with mercy and do what they r supposed to do by providing adequate arms and ammunitions,advanced weapons,etc...I hope they don't kill those soldiers,because they have there own family like you too.... embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by ahmedolawale: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2014
atlwireles:
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by prophetfire: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
betterabia:
hehe.. when Governors squander money, they get praises and automatic ticket for senate.

what soldiers ask for weapons, they get death sentence.

what a country!
and mad fools are here praising the rogues who are dishing out the death sentence to people more righteous than them.
Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by EldaTimba(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
Decryptor:
Talking about being ill-equipped: I saw this on his facebook page...so this weapon he is carrying here with the bullet belt to match with his colleague is hunter's gun abi?

These northerners and their apc masters will never cease to amuse me
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Soldier Sentenced To Death For Mutiny Cries Out On FaceBook by delegiwa(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
betterabia:

I bet you won't join in ordinary peaceful demonstration talkless of a revolution. I can also bet that you won't think twice if you are given a mere N5m to sing the praises of this government now!

Let's be practical here, the young man committed mutiny and got the punishment attached to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians React As #ChangeBeginsWith Me Trends On Twitter / Dino Melaye 'unresponsive' As He Is Stretchered Into Hospital (VIDEO) / President Buhari Sacks Babachir Lawal And Oke, Appoints Boss Mustapha As New SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.