Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,324 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? (22338 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Basic Ways To Promote And Preserve The Nigerian Culture And Tradition. / What Is Culture To You? How Do You Define It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2019
For me, to truly get understanding African history, certain conditions are to hold; one is to disregard rhetoric, hear say and all other anti-African discourse with regards to history.

Furthermore, to regard African history as genuine, If it isn’t written, deliberated-upon or judged by Africans to be correct and accurate beyond reasonable doubt, such writings that fit into these category must, for now, simply be deemed inadmissible.

That is to say, in a sense, most of the present Eurocentric and Asian discourse on African history will be deemed to be false and invalid.

The only true African history is that which is derived by an African(s), by default all other versions are false.

The discourse on European history is primarily exclusive to European writers.

The discourse on Asia’s history is primarily exclusive to Asian writers.

The discourse on Africa’s history is primarily badly concocted by European and Asian writers. This is where all of us (you and I) come in and repair the damage for the benefit of the next generations and our own overstanding.

Majority of ‘Classical’ European deities and divinities came directly from an African divinity, in some ways, they (the foreigners) would snatch an entire concept of ‘divine’ and transplant the same concept into their communities i.e Andromeda, Hermes, Zeus e.t.c

Greeks Zeus and many other mainland African divinity that the Greeks and Romans implanted into their philosophy; even though their total disregard for intellectual property is something that will haunt them forever. Roman Apollo same type of activity occurs; same thing with the Persians.

These are how the terms "Idol" and "lesser gods" came about. These are Asiatic and Eurocentric terms that have no real meaning outside of an Asian and European context.

1 Like

Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2019
Africans are ultimately responsible for most inventions, mostly, Asians and European academics often are found to have taken or been givven undeserved credit for African intellect.

Its important to note that today is better than yesterday, yet there definately is room for improvement with regards to giving Africans their due credit for their intellectual property at all times; everytime.

Africans invented (c) the speed of light, way before Einstein.

Africans discovered the presence of Sirus B star system way before N.A.S.A.

Africans are the first people in history capable to perceive the Almighty God.

As in, the Almighty God is African, IS universal; perceived by everyone.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2019
The truth is that Africans always have and always will be capable of perceiving the Almigty God in their dailly lives if they so wish, its Asiatic and Eurocentric cultures thats all about Idol worship.

They (foreign manufactured religions) try to take away our true perception of the Almighty God and replace it with fiction.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2019
No, Culture and Tradition is not Idol Worshiping
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 11:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
Promoting, respecting and adoring ones culture and traditions are simpy the most effective ways for anyone to approach life as a whole. There is no other philosophy that can ever take its place.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by KLand(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2020
happykidArotiba:
I think I agree wf u!!

Thank you.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 11:56am On May 31, 2020
KLand:

Not all aspects of our culture are idolatous..

No aspects of our culture are idolatous.

Christianity is the definition of idolatry.

As in, everything about Christianity is fake and malicious.

Whilst our parents was concerned with promoting science, technology and intellectual improvement, Christianity on the other hand is concerned with murder, brainwashing, theft, impersonation, desecration, defamation and slavery.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 12:03pm On May 31, 2020
Should anyone adopt a God who is not in the person's own image; once a person embraces doctrine that doesnt teach that person to love that person's own kind above any other people, when one's oppressor and saviour; one's God and enslaver are one and the same, such a person becomes the principal agent in the person's own destruction.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 12:07pm On May 31, 2020
Its pretty simple, we MUST embrace our culture and tradition and bin all these foreign extremist religions.

2 Likes

Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by IDENNAA(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2020
Ilekeh:
I am more interested in Yoruba mythology than in reading the stories in the Bible.

Jesus is also an idol through another culture's perspective.

Ilekeh Cc. Longest time
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by KLand(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2020
Amujale:

No aspects of our culture are idolatous.

Christianity is the definition of idolatry.

As in, everything about Christianity is fake and malicious.

Whilst our parents was concerned with promoting science, technology and intellectual improvement, Christianity on the other hand is concerned with murder, brainwashing, theft, impersonation, desecration, defamation and slavery.

You are obviously refering to another Christianity, not the one I practice.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
KLand:

Christianity was manufactured by the Romans in the first century.

Assuming there's another kind of Christianity, you mind sharing the origins of that one.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by KLand(m): 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Amujale:

Christianity was manufactured by the Romans in the first century.

Assuming there's another kind of Christianity, you mind sharing the origins of that one.

I'm talking about having a personal relationship with God through accepting Jesus Christ by faith as your personal Lord and Saviour. That's the core of the gospel.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
KLand:

I'm talking about having a personal relationship with God through accepting Jesus Christ by faith as your personal Lord and Saviour. That's the core of the gospel.

Perhaps you didnt get the main point.

Jesus is a fictitious character.

Furthermore, should anyone adopt a God who is not in the person's own image; once a person embraces doctrine that doesnt teach that person to love that person's own kind above any other people, when one's oppressor and saviour; one's God and enslaver are one and the same, such a person becomes the principal agent in the person's own destruction.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2020
KLand:

Christianity is a fake and malicious ideology.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2020
Eventhough we've already broken down the immure concoction of the term Idol worship in the context of these foreign extremist religions, and the fact that its nonsensical and has no meaning outside of the context of the Abrahamic religions, Culture and Tradition is NOT idol worship.

As a matter of fact, based on the toxicity of these foreign extremist religions, and perhaps more importantly based on their own definition, they themselves are the ones practising Idol worshiping.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 4:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Culture and Tradition is where arts, commerce, science, technology and innovation comes from.

Without culture, in many ways, without the influence of African culture, there wouldnt be the products of innovation, civilisation that everyone now takes for granted. i.e Architecture, Art, Commerce, Mathematics, Medical Science, Metallurgy, Philosophy, Physical Science e.t.c
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by KLand(m): 5:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amujale:

Christianity is a fake and malicious ideology.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. But I would recommend to you a personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ. May be you will see things differently.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by KLand(m): 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2020
Amujale:

Perhaps you didnt get the main point.

Jesus is a fictitious character.

Furthermore, should anyone adopt a God who is not in the person's own image; once a person embraces doctrine that doesnt teach that person to love that person's own kind above any other people, when one's oppressor and saviour; one's God and enslaver are one and the same, such a person becomes the principal agent in the person's own destruction.

Jesus is not a fictional character. Both historical and Biblical records prove this. Oh by the way, I know too He is real because through faith in Him, my sins are forgiven.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 9:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
KLand:

Jesus is not a fictional character. Both historical and Biblical records prove this...

One cannot prove the existence of something that never existed in the first instance.

The onus is on you to provide the evidence of the fictitious Jesus character.
Re: Is Culture And Tradition Idol Worshiping? by Amujale(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
KLand:

I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

Christianity is fake due to the fact that it isnt original.

The opposite of original is fake.

Similar to all these foreign extremist ideologies, Christianity is malicious due to the fact amongst other things, peddles a false representation of history.

Talking of history, these are one of the reasons one ought to bin these foreign extremist religions and concentrate our focus on reality.

The bible isnt a history textbook. ✖

ℹ'Blacksic People Invented Everything by Dr Sujan Kumar Dass is a history textbook.✓

ℹ'They Came Before Columbus' by Ivan Sertima is a history textbook.✓

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu At Colchester For Grandson Graduation (photo) / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? / Birmingham City University Hosts Ooni Of Ife As Ooni Speaks At Chatham House(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.