Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion (22183 Views)

Breaking: ‘nigeria's Opposition Sponsoring Boko Haram’ - Stephen Davies / Opposition Stopping The Release Of Chibok Girls - Stephen Davies / General Ihejirika: A Loony Biafra Fanatic Or Just Deadly Corrupt? – Dr. Peregrin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion by Wallie(m): 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
Suing an Australian in Australia in Nigeria is a non-starter. I would think the judge would throw out the case for not having personal jurisdiction over the defendant.

With all due respect, exactly what is the general hoping to get? How do you compel someone in a different country to come to your country, a non-neutral ground, to defend a suit? Assuming the general wins, then what? How is the judge going to get the defendant to abide by the judgment?

You sue people where they have ties. You cannot even bring a state court type suit against someone in Lagos, who has no ties to Abuja, in Abuja because the guy neither lives nor works in Abuja.
Re: General Ihejirika Sues Stephen Davies For N100 Billion by Tinyemeka(m): 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
nagoma:

You did not not read the news links I posted, did you?

I'd also like to see the documented stupendous wealth you allege to be acquired by Ihejirika.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Expel IPOB Members Who Pay Nigerian Police Bail Money / Re-run: David Mark Votes: Photo / Top Boko Haram Commander, 55 Others Killed In Malumfatori, Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.