Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Sorry States Of Lagos Island - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sorry States Of Lagos Island (40929 Views)

Buhari 'Not Sorry' For 1983 Coup: Does Corruption Justify Military Action? / Molue Banned From Lagos Island / Niger To Start Repatriating Beggars To Their States Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2014
funkiebully:
May Sango in collabo with amadioha bend d neck of any bagger that refers to ABA as dirty city. embarassedABA is London compared to this shyt.

Fashole should be stoned for this evil in d heart of Lagos. Island for that matter, idumagbo, apagbon area of Lag na shyt. Even tinubu area that was recently constructed have effluents from peoples bathroom n kitchen sinks flowing on the roads. How much is soak away pit?

cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2014
greggng:
that is the price they ve to pay for voting pdp. having voted pdp now they re crying that their place is bad. come and see how fashola has turned my place into lasvegas. The next election is coming they should better vote apc massively or they will suffer more .

come o,Na Sapele water u drink yesterday abi?

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by holatin(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2014
tit:
is this aba?
Tinubu, Eko oti b'aje ooo!
Remove that useless jagbjanstic boy fashola you put to spoil your good work in lagos.
fashola is a failure,
that is why APC reject him as VP candidate!
put urself back in d bra you belong to.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2014
tit:
is this aba?
Remove that useless jagbjanstic boy fashola you put to spoil your good work in lagos.
fashola is a failure,
I can see you are not educated at all
sad
tit:
is this aba?
fashola is a failure,
I can see you are not educated at all

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Tibins(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2014
walexGodson:
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow

Nothing dey hide under the sun bro... Call a spade a spade... Fashola try in some areas, but there's work to do... Fashola is doing his best... but he has not enough money to do more, because Tinubu is taking so much from LASG treasury.... BROS 40%+++ OF 29 BILLION NO BE MOI -MOI OOO... AMOUNTING UP TO 12 - 14 BILLION NGN. THAT IS, FOR ONE YEAR (12MONTHS) HE GETS 144 TO 168 BILLION NGN..... HABA... LAGOSIANS DO FINISH BE THAT!.......
IF NOT FOR ALL OF THAT SIR FASH NO FOR SLACK AT ALL... ANYWAYS HE HAS TO STILL WRITE HIS NAME ON A CLEAN SLATE OF MARBLE THAT'S WHY HE HAS TO TAKE SOME LOAN TO DO MORE... GOOD MAN HE IS ACTUALLY...
BUT I VEXED WHEN HE CAN'T EVEN BE GIVEN SENATORIAL SEAT, INSTEAD THEY HI-JACKED IT FOR BAT'S (FRUIT BAT'S) WIFE...
AS IF THAT IS NOT ENOUGH, HIS OPINION TO CHOSE HIS SUCCESSOR COULDN'T EVEN BE RESPECTED..... FASH NO MIND THEM JOR... FINISH YOUR TENURE....

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by gratiaeo(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2014
Agbaje is our man!

8 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by lockupman(m): 10:53am On Dec 26, 2014
Don't be surprised that money has been allocated more than 3 times for its repair but the LGA would have embezzled the money. In my area, the roads are in a sorry state but money has been allocated up to 5 times for its repair but nothing came out.

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dabossman(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
While many of you here are shouting APC this, PDP that, all I see is a neighbourhood with very dirty people. How can anyone live or trade in the midst of such filth. I've seen untarred streets without proper drainages looking much cleaner than this. Yet theses ones have proper drainages and they fill it with trash? People need to be more responsible for their own living and working conditions. Our people are dirty sha.

8 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dein77(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
I always knew Lagos na hype.....The pictures are depressing. Indeed we people need a change of attitude. Adapting to such a terrible environment is a crime.

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by ALAYORMII: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
You picked a small part of the Island and you conclude that the Island is in a sorry state.

Have been staying on the Island for the larger part of my life and I can tell you that eventhough there are parts that are like that bur they are very small part of the Island.

The place you called aroloya, I don't know that part that you pictured ooooo and you kept repeating the same pictures and you said you're not being malicious.

Even some parts of the USA and UK have ghettos.

Plz, tell us ur state of origin and let's see if ur Governor has done better than Fashola.
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by wixemmy(m): 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
Rain stil dey fall 4 lagos??

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
I was just reading your comment to know were you are driving to, until i see someone like Buhari. And you started with you don't comment because of sentiments. Change your way Sister. You just see pure poor government of Fashola all you can come out with is dis poo . Maybe GEJ is to blame for this that is why you are telling us what your dad told you when you were kid.
was it fashola that littered the gutters in the above pix with dirts and garbage? if you look closely you will see the gutter couldnt flow as a result of blockage and the dirty water spills on the road. All am saying is that we should imbibe the habit of cleanliness and one of the best way for us is to instill "force" which Buhari and tunde idiagbon did back then. Am not supporting any party either APC or PDP but i support a Govt that will make us sit down tight

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2014
dabossman:
While many of you here are shouting APC this, PDP that, all I see is a neighbourhood with very dirty people. How can anyone live or trade in the midst of such filth. I've seen untarred streets without proper drainages looking much cleaner than this. Yet theses ones have proper drainages and they fill it with trash? People need to be more responsible for their own living and working conditions. Our people are dirty sha.
Thank u very much... That was exactly were i was driving at too

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by IVORY2009(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2014
[s]walexGodson:
@op ur village fine pass dis place?una go jst post tinz anyhow[/s]

Where are u frm, u mean the OP can not express his grievances on issues affecting his well being?

4 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by dytbabe: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2014
ALAYORMII:
You picked a small part of the Island and you conclude that the Island is in a sorry state.

Have been staying on the Island for the larger part of my life and I can tell you that eventhough there are parts that are like that bur they are very small part of the Island.

The place you called aroloya, I don't know that part that you pictured ooooo and you kept repeating the same pictures and you said you're not being malicious.

Even some parts of the USA and UK have ghettos.

Plz, tell us ur state of origin and let's see if ur Governor has done better than Fashola.

I am a typical lagosian
I am not here to compare but to plead
Maybe I didn't put it in a better way
They shld pls come to our aid

I have lived here all my life and it wasn't like this, we had beautiful tarred roads, street lights bt since he started his phase 1 and 11 contruction projects, this place has been a mess

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Kingharzyz(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2014
Burshh:
I live in Ijesha area of Lagos, and you need to see how bad roads and general infrastructures are there. When i visit Lekki and VI, i see improved infrastructural development. This keep putting to my mind if the LASG is for the Elites only.

We don't drop trash in the gutters in lekki ... we are somehow well discipline ..
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Tibins(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2014
lockupman:
Don't be surprised that money has been allocated more than 3 times for its repair but the LGA would have embezzled the money. In my area, the roads are in a sorry state but money has been allocated up to 5 times for its repair but nothing came out.

PRINCIPALITIES OF LIES!!! IN HIGH PLACES... LGAs DON'T REPAIR ROADS.... SO MANY CONTRACTS AWARDED TO TINUBU'S LOYALISTS BY GOV FASHOLA WERE NOT EXECUTED IN LAGOS, MIGHT BE THE CASE.... BECAUSE THEY ARE OGA BOYS. I WILL NOT BE SURPRISED IF THIS ONE WAS ONE OF SUCH... FASHOLA DID HIS BEST BUT HIS OGA WAS MORE POWERFUL...
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by maestroferddi: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2014
Obiagelli:
Absolutely disgusting, even though most of the drains in those pictures are newly constructed, they still don't flow to the lagoon. That area need serious overhauling. People actually live here.

Failure of government i must say. I am sure the government generates huge taxes from this area
This one you are not being partisan but speaking the truth.

Things looking up...

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
I was just reading your comment to know were you are driving to, until i see someone like Buhari. And you started with you don't comment because of sentiments. Change your way Sister. You just see pure poor government of Fashola all you can come out with is dis poo . Maybe GEJ is to blame for this that is why you are telling us what your dad told you when you were kid.

sexyseun is too little to know that this is the last thread she should campaign for buhari grin grin grin
of aLL threads you chose a Lagos refuse dump thread to campaign grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by roqrules04(m): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2014
Na Lagos get water nah
Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Tibins(m): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2014
maestroferddi:
This one you are not being partisan but speaking the truth.

Things looking up...

WHEN CONTRACTS ARE AWARDED TO GLORIFIED TOUTS - OGA BAT'S BOYS WHAT GOOD THING DO YOU EXPECT

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by funkiebully: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2014
wixemmy:
Rain stil dey fall 4 lagos??

Water from dirty people's bathroom flowing into blocked drainage. That's Lagos way they channel effluents into gutters rather than soak away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Sweetlemon(f): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
Op e ggo better for u.From today i give all the respect i have for Politicians to Akwa Ibom state governor.

Very funny post.

You cannot compare a mega city/state with Uyo. Please where else do you know of inAkwa-Ibom outside Uyo? FYI the population of the whole of Akwa-Ibom is not more than the size of Surulere.
Yet the two states take home the same allocation from the FG.
Please enlighten yourself and don't rely on propaganda alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by rozayx5(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2014
Kingharzyz:

We don't drop trash in the gutters in lekki ... we are somehow well discipline ..

which side of Lekki, i laugh when you guys try to paint Lekki as heaven, there are slums in Lekki, there are parts of lekki that u cant live without owning an SUV
Gbara is a mega slum in Lekki,

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by publisher(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2014
Obiagelli:

I doubt if there is any other way around it. They could do it Street by Street. The only problem here is looting, most of those buildings are actually warehouses.

Did Godswill Akpabio chase out everyone in Uyo before transforming the city into a modern spectacle *in zebrudaya's voice*

See you APC people making excuses for Fashola's failure to transform Lagos island in 8yrs in spite of the huge taxes/revenue that area generates for Tinubu, sorry i meant Lagos state govt.

APC...SHAME!

PS: I only saw ONE parked caterpilla in all those street pictures, there is NO construction work going on there. Lagos island is an ABANDONED project.

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by weezii(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2014
These pictures remind me of Oyigbo LGA in Port harcourt Rivers state.

These states have d money yet they can't fix a road neither will they add proper drainage when they manage to fix it.

Later some dudes be saying APC is working. Yes they are but to a large extent they're not monitoring the works properly.

So nobody is perfect, don't say anyone is

BTW...come join me in opening ma boxes, they're too much tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:

I guess Buhari will get soldiers to instill discipline in all of us. Comment like hers make you wonder if people do reason before spilling stuffs outta their mouth

7 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by kewes: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Jisos cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Danosophe(m): 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
I left Lagos last week nd believe me guys, AP govt havn't done much work dere; weda de Guvnor, LGA/LCDA chairmen or ward councillors. I evn had a quarrel wt a frnd on Fcbk abt it. Visit de following areas, especially dia inter-land: Isolo, Ikotu/Idimu, Osolo way area, Oshodi, Ajegunle/Orile, Ladipo, etc. De work I saw in Lagos are d painting of pavement; road-side nd planting of flowers. All dey do is embark on project dat will bring kick-backs to dia accounts. As I have said bfor, Lasgos state was de former capital city of Nigeria nd de FG has done a lot of work dere nd still doing. So Lagosians WISE UP!

2 Likes

Re: Sorry States Of Lagos Island by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 26, 2014
oduastates:

Budget 101

There is a difference between

1 i have N5000 in the bank to buy a wrist watch (Qatar)

2 I was hoping to be able to raise N5000 (from taxes )in the next year , to buy a watch. but my roof ha started leaking today. I will try to raise the money next year.

3 I am hoping to raise N5000 for my saving account ( do nothing)

Apart from number one who has endless supply of money , you are assuming from the theory of the expectation that everything goes on smoothly in a project.
E.g There is hardly a project in Lagos which does not go through litigation. People are always suing the government for the most mundane of things.
Ebola was not budgetted for . The Lagos state government took on the responsibilities of the federal government.
Do you know that the Lagos metro project is being held back by Jonathan's government envious politics and bad belle .the metro has to go through a corridor held by the federal government (not owned ,all land in Lagos are on lease)

Reality is a b*t*ch . Project management,PMP and prince 2 theory stops at the doors of reality . No project get done without money.
When funds are limited or when the hope of project being funded has a small window of opportunity, your theory goes out of the window.
Lagos is a poor state single handedly carrying the weight of a country.houses are being built and Streets are being created faster than the state can afford to pave old streets or repair damaged ones.

Now read all this gibberish you wrote and see if it makes sense

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Senator Vs Minister: Who Is Higher? / Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / Court Stops Folasade, Tinubu’s Daughter, Others From Levying Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.