Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment (52151 Views)

Nigerians React To Obama’s Speech On Nigerian Elections / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
ausdy:
ME! kiss

Add your own line let's see:

LRNZH:
Who is the terrorist?
GEJ. This guy has only won a credible election in 2011. He has been a lecturer and public servant but is now worth around $100Million. No wonder he doesn't give a damn about assests declaration. He believes that stealing is a common crime different from corruption. He installed Tompolo (a militant) to head NIMASA. Oil bunkering is at its highest in Nigeria because of this. He has done nothing to alleviate the suffferings of the masses since subsidy removal in January 2012. No refineries, no improvement in power generation. All his corrupt ministers are in power or walking scot free for eg Diezani, Abba Moro, Stella Oduah etc.His govt contravenes Nigeria laws all the time. He is unable to quell the Boko Haram insurgency in the NE for over 4 years with Billions of Dollars spent. He supervised a period of highest oil prices ever in Nigeria' history (>$100 per barrel) but the country is broke.
GMB. This guy was in power for less than two years (82-84) as a military Head of State in his 40s. He rejected IMF policies, rejected borrowing by Nigeria and had the lowest inflation rate in Nigeria since the 70s. He instilled discipline in Nigeria as never experienced before. He ended Maitatsine riots once and for all. Before becoming president he was Federal Commissioner of Petroleum in the late 70s when the Warri and Kaduna refineries were built. In the 90s he was in charge of PTF, the best performing intervention fund ever set up in Nigeria with petroleum sale proceeds. He singlehandedly identified Dora Akunyili for NAFDAC and the rest is history. As a young officer he commandered the effective extermination of Chadian forces incursion into Nigeria. It took the intervention of OAU (now AU) to stop his forces from over running N'Djamena (the Chadian capital). After all these portfolio, this guy still relies on donation and borrowed funds to run his campaign because he refused to enrich himself.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by freshness2020: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
kestolove95:
u've said it ur self Mr gej..."if d people u want to serv says no u leav"so pls gej leav..we don't want u again.
What is we? Speak for Ūя̲̅ self man!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Change2015(m): 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
Eziachi:
If you said so. Then tell me why IBB is still alive and kicking, living in a palatial mansion and flying private jets? And David Mark your Senate president.

You mind am? Small minds...
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by ifoundmyperfect: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin:
President Jonathan gives emotional speech on APC, Amaechi’s comment on parallel government

President Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigeria is not the personal estate of anybody but for the generality of Nigerians.

Speaking on Thursday during the Christmas service at the St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Maitama, Abuja, Jonathan said only the will of God shall prevail on the forthcoming general elections.

President Jonathan in a lengthy speech said: “It is a week to the end of the year. Next year, from January, we will see all political actors campaigning and from the middle of February to the end, we will have the elections at the various levels.”

“I believe we the politicians are not putting out the right utterances and I am very sure that those of you who mean well for this country are not happy with us.”

“As a politician, you want people to elect you, to perform a responsibility. If you mean well for the country, the country is nobody’s personal estate but you want to serve. If people want you to serve, you serve and if they say ‘no’, you leave,”

“Nigeria is nobody’s personal estate, Nigeria is nobody’s business enterprise, Nigeria is nobody’s father’s, property, it belongs to all Nigerians.

“I get embarrassed when we the politicians, maybe including me make provocative statements, statements that create division among Nigerians; statements that can set this country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a leader should do, I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.

“Take those who take government by violence. Look at African countries and those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases though, probably in society where everybody goes the same way.

“If a politician wants to take power whether at the house of assembly level, at the House of Representatives or senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.

Read more at -
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/25/jonathan-gives-emotional-speech-apc-amaechis-comment-parallel-government/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2417a3a874-Morning_headlines&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-2417a3a874-219972225

Lagos is Tinubu and His Goons Estate. One needs to make a trip round lekki and its axis (New Lagos) for confirmation. grin
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
ok,now can we turn over d page?
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by duni04(m): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
OP where's d reference to Amaechi. Oh! Seen!
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by santana45: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
20 Buhar's cannot win G.E.J, not because he has done creditably in the past years or because P.D.P has done well, but because the right people are not in the race. Same old wines in new cans.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by dhidden: 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
kestolove95:
u've said it ur self Mr gej..."if d people u want to serv says no u leav"so pls gej leav..we don't want u again.

Small boy reasoning, ballot box will speak or have you suddenly become "the people"
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by naijatalksblog: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
President Jonathan is still the best man for the sit come 2015....naijatalks..com
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by musicwriter(m): 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
This's exactly the reason I will never support a northerner to rule Nigeria again. As long as they believe they're the only region entitled to rule Nigeria than others, it doesn't worth it voting them.

Why must a northerner return to power after Jonathan?. Don't we have other ethnicities that can rule Nigeria after Jonathan?.

Have Efiks ruled Nigeria before?. Have Igalas ruled before?. Have Uhobos ruled Nigeria?. Have Tivs ruled us before?. Have Ibibios ruled?. Have Idomas ruled Nigeria before?.

If anything these other ethnicities should be given a chance after Jonathan. Why must the north be the only anointed region to return to power after Jonathan?

NB: I'm against injustice of any sort.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by ussy09(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
In Gej voice fellow Nigerians I knw am nt competent vote Buhari for better change com 2015...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by victorazy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
going by recent events, one can boldly say GOD has left the clueless one.

What is going on?
"Sabotage and hate"? grin
That one na waste of time!

#gejtill2019

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by duni04(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
Supported elections are not conducted on Nairaland. Even my grandmother knows who to vote for. GEJ if God says is you, you will surely keep your Office. I expected APC to present a good candidate which they failed to do, only to bring Osinbanjo as VP which feel is more better as President as GMB.
I agree with you. He's younger, appears to have a better grasp of the issues than Buhari does and is a better communicator. If we're expecting a 72 year old retired general to come and transform Nigeria into an utopia overnight, we may end up being very disappointed in the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by obinoral1179(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin:

The above is a fiction of your imagination. How on earth would a Nigerian, based in Nigeria expect such an outcome? It is ridiculous. Mr. President, Goodluck Jonathan is comfortably on ground in about 75% of the states in the country. This is no online fictitious result but from available information on ground in all the states. Nigerians know better. Nigerians know that Goodluck Jonathan is the best that has happened to us. Let us unite and vote in this humble, gentle, and silent achiever. GEJ till 2019!
humble,gentle and silent achiever. Abeg which president is that?
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by gbodimowo(m): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
The president of Ijaw nation has spoken.

Exactly

In other news why hasn't asari been arrested for his I IL over run and destroy statement?
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin:
President Jonathan gives emotional speech on APC, Amaechi’s comment on parallel government

President Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigeria is not the personal estate of anybody but for the generality of Nigerians.

Speaking on Thursday during the Christmas service at the St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Maitama, Abuja, Jonathan said only the will of God shall prevail on the forthcoming general elections.

President Jonathan in a lengthy speech said: “It is a week to the end of the year. Next year, from January, we will see all political actors campaigning and from the middle of February to the end, we will have the elections at the various levels.”

“I believe we the politicians are not putting out the right utterances and I am very sure that those of you who mean well for this country are not happy with us.”

“As a politician, you want people to elect you, to perform a responsibility. If you mean well for the country, the country is nobody’s personal estate but you want to serve. If people want you to serve, you serve and if they say ‘no’, you leave,”

“Nigeria is nobody’s personal estate, Nigeria is nobody’s business enterprise, Nigeria is nobody’s father’s, property, it belongs to all Nigerians.

“I get embarrassed when we the politicians, maybe including me make provocative statements, statements that create division among Nigerians; statements that can set this country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a leader should do, I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.

“Take those who take government by violence. Look at African countries and those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases though, probably in society where everybody goes the same way.

“If a politician wants to take power whether at the house of assembly level, at the House of Representatives or senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.

Read more at -
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/25/jonathan-gives-emotional-speech-apc-amaechis-comment-parallel-government/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2417a3a874-Morning_headlines&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-2417a3a874-219972225
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by ddeola: 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lies... Pack ya load and go !

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by gbodimowo(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
going by recent events, one can boldly say GOD has left the clueless one.

You are on point
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Change2015(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
TippyTop:

But you buhari people are more clueless than clueless buhari.
Buhari the only military head of state to fail at NDA.

Clueless is the trademark of your president and using that term to describe any other person (even yourself) may result in a civil suit! A friendly warning
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Ahmeduana(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
barcanista:
we are bringing down your party and her candidates through popular vote.
WHO GOD HAS UPLIFTED NO ONE CAN BRING DOWN!
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
StealthIdeals:
Nigeria is not a property of anyone; sure, you earn billions of naira through inflated contract award, salary, and emoluments, but I earn nothing frm ur government other than hardships. I spent more than a million naira before graduating frm a public university... after graduation, I established my own enterprise, but a government ruled by your party sent me out of that business through tax incidence, because I'm not an indigene of that state. Up to three tax agencies were after me -- I'm sure it was intentional due to the fact that my service charges and professionalism sent many in that bussiness packing -- until I was frustrated, and eventually left that state. How much did you spend on education during your days that some e-idiots ajudge you best president ever? For how many years were you jobless after ur graduatn as a zoologist? You might not have pointed guns to our heads, you do something worse than that. In ur word, 'evil doers don't end well'. My vote has no impact on ur reelection; so, enjoy!

Mention the State

Lie lie
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by MNDY(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
Flets:
Even the enemies of Nigeria in their minds eye knows GEJ is a man of peace.

The current state of this tribalized country requires a peaceful soul. Buhari who is not even in office has violence, blood, dog, baboon, sharia etc littered all over his name.

Per chance buhari ever gets to asorock, Nigeria will be up in flames in less than 6months.

But thank God there is no vacancy in Asorock till 2019. Hopefully, APC would have changed their ways and find a man of peace to fly their flag.

With the 1914 needless British amalgamation and its eternal aftermath on this country engendering the north's mentality that Nigeria's leadership throne is the north's birthright and/or superiority complex in the country's scheme of things and affairs, we but must accept the consequences that that the British-induced act brings!
--
I was in the north during the last general elections saved from the claws of untimely death by the whiskers! The election violence was intense! The volatile 2015 year approaches! Promises of a bloody 2015 made already by GMB!
---
I admonish anyone who loves his or her life to leave the north before February! The man will keep to his words!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by mitinwari: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
kestolove95:
Elections will tell and not yoyr silly comment
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
AbuMaryam1:
The president of Ijaw nation has spoken.

I hope you guys have cultivated enough cocoa and groundnuts to fund your parallel government.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by M4gunners: 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
Rosiky is back
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by legendsilver(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2014
backtosender:
i saw a video were wike was openly calling amaechi a mugu for APC it was very sad that a whole governor used his state funds on a terrorist party such as APC PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD POST THE VIDOE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE
I laff ur stupidity grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Change2015(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
When Jonathan was engineering the impeachment of Nyako, with money from Akwa Iboms akpabs, he did not know that God was in control then abi? Fake Christian fake leader.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by AderibigbeAAA(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
I get embarrassed when we the politicians,
maybe including me make provocative
statements, statements that create division
among Nigerians; statements that can set this
country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a
leader should do, I don’t think that is the kind
of seed a leader should sow.

So the Clueless knows he and his party makes statements that create division among Nigerians and can set the country ablaze

GEJ is too late for another Sympathy vote campaign

All I want is CHANGE

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Distances Self From Daughter’s Wedding / Oyo Muslims Protest In Support Of Palestinians / Why Peter Obi Decided To Campaign Specially In KAFANCHAN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.