Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,215 members, 7,815,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment (52155 Views)

Nigerians React To Obama’s Speech On Nigerian Elections / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos / Buhari's Emotional Speech @APC National Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
edgecution:

Same way Ibo will never smell Presidency in Nigeria. There is no UNITY among Ibos.

And who told u id.ot that OBJ became president because Yorubas are united, he didn't even win in his so loved local government. there is no unity but igbo states and villages are the most developed in this shitty country
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
yomalex:

But GEJ got over 90% in some states in the 2011 Elections
Even an unborn baby who is honest with some conscience knew that both the turnout and vote figures in most southern states 2011 are not only fiction but a miracle, whether they can repeat it in 2015, remains to be seen.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
LRNZH:

Pls post this video because Wike sounded like a militant rather than a leader.

It was a disgrace. He was telling Evo people "If I don't start work on this Evo Road immediately I enter power don't stand by me again"
How do they stop standing by him when he is already in power?
What did Wike achieve in the ministry of Education? Shame because Amaechi is currently leading the best performing governor poll on Premium Rankings.

PDP claimed Amaechi spent N17Billion of Rivers on APC. But Wike claims it is N30Billion. Who should we believe in a house divided against itself? PDP
those sponsored poll, where is Akpabio, what has amechi done, forget politics.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
invectives:
I can see u won't respect ur Fada.

Boko Haram father? He doesn't deserve respect because he's soft on his siblings.

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
abbey621:
Only a fool will continue voting for the same person or party over and over again without considering what such entity achieved or has to offer. PDP since 1999, result corruption of the highest order, highest levels of suicide bombings, poor roads, epileptic electricity and so much more and yet some people will continue voting based on religious/tribal sentiments. This is one reason I don't pity the masses, you all are responsible for your destiny, stop selling it to PDP. I see many of you crying we want change yet you refuse to vote for change. Personally I have nothing against GEJ, however my gripe is with his party, PDP is now too big to worry about trying to impress the masses and unfortunately GEJ is too weak to go against his own party, too weak to spark the revolution Nigeria needs so desperately and too weak to lead a country like Nigeria out of mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, it's not like Buhari is much better but the change in political party will send a message to those at the top that the Nigerian people can no longer be taken for granted, if you don't perform we will vote you out!
I so much luv this piece by a Nairalander
"APC: What manner of change?

The APC has been consistent in saying that the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years inwhich corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I am seeing Amaechi - 8yrs speaker; 7yrs governor under PDP, Atiku - 8yrs Vice president under PDP, Akume -8yrs governor under PDP, Bukola Saraki - 8yrs governor; 2yrs Senator under PDP, Timipre Sylver -4yrs governor under PDP, Audu Ogbe - 2yrs chairman of PDP, Aminu Masari - 4yrs Reps speaker under PDP, Chris Ngige - 3yrs governor under PDP, Kwankwaso - 7yrs governor, 3yrs Defense minister under PDP, El-Rufai - 4yrs FCT minister, 2yrs BPE chairman under PDP, Oyinlola, 7 and half years governor under PDP, Segun Oni, 3 and half years governor under PDP, and to cap it all they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to come and lead them on a rescue mission.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrousyears" are now dumped.

Please Nigerians what is the change in this APC?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
backtosender:
i saw a video were wike was openly calling amaechi a mugu for APC it was very sad that a whole governor used his state funds on a terrorist party such as APC PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD POST THE VIDOE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE
If a thug like Wike is your best source or reliable information in this 21st century, then you need some serious help.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by zantama05(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
M4gunners:
Thank you bro.Ur insult we not deprive me from saying the truth. Educated illiterate like u.
sorry no bex as just I got this example from the biography of Jesus of otuoke he started as shoeless to clueless to fearless to useless to.... so if you add them together it = illiteratecheesy

but only wen you got critical thinking.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Eziachi:
Hallucinations. No one gets even 90% in an election unless you are Saddam Hussein, running against yourself and counting your own vote.
Guy, I give you one quintillion likes. Ur analogy is epic!
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by M4gunners: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
zantama05:
sorry no bex as just I got this example from the biography of Jesus of otuoke he started as shoeless to clueless to fearless to useless to.... so if you add them together it = illiteratecheesy

but only wen you got critical thinking.
We are still saying thesame thing . The money that was spent on ur education was a waste money.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
godwinkessi:

You have only one vote! It's only Allah that will bestow victory on anybody that pleases him. Stop being childish
Alla or whoever got nothing to do with it.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by tomakint: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
going by recent events, one can boldly say GOD has left the clueless one.
Maybe you are talking about another god whom you serve with bitterness and hatred but the good God of Heaven I know, the I AM THAT I AM, YAHWEH, JEHOVAH, is the one Jonathan is seving and HE is still very much with him....if in doubt, just wait PATIENTLY for the outcome of Feb. 14, 2015 Presidential elections! Till then, I wish you GOODLUCK!
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
Jarus:
Much as I'm not a fan of GEJ, I must confess I also found the comment emotional while watching the event on Channels News yesternight.

I particularly like the fact that he used "we politicians". The guy has a way of appealing to your emotion.

Jarus you have to agree with me that we don't ve a replacement to this guy yet, he is our best beit...buhari has nothing to offer us, I will bet it anywhere.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by thinkdip(m): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Orikinla:
The man said he would be leaving in 2015.
A God fearing man like President Goodluck Jonathan will not lie to the whole world.
Buhari also said he would not contest again after 2011... So no saint in politricks...my fear is just dat some daft youth are running after that old man like a sheep taken for slaughter. Be ware!!! Be wise!!!.. GMB can never the good ruler you seek for.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by neenar: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif: :
Mr president, those who are with you are more
then those against u. The yorubas are against u
becos the are betrayers. History have it that
the betrayed ironsi,ojuckwu and Zik. They are
slaves to the hausa's. The Hausa's want power
by all means and they are using there former
subjects to achieve that aim. Mr president, if
election is done online by unregistered voters
then Buhari will win but since Election will be
conducted at the polling units with concern
nigerians ,then we shall vote for u. We need
change but nt Buhari maybe somebody else.
Funny that the person who moved this topic to fp didn't hide this tribal slur. Cc- Seun and obinoscopy.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by TolaniLuv: 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2014
I know many people who voted for GEJ back then, just because his name is (Goodluck)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by 500GP: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

Yoruas are the reason the other southerners are as backward like the backward ppl the North, becos of their betraying tendecies.

IBO SUPPORTS IJAW

YORUBA SUPPORTS HAUSA. IT'S 50-50 . MUST YORUBA JOIN HANDS TOGETHER WITH IBO.. YORUBA AND IBO ARE NOT THE SAME. THEY'RE OF DIFFERENT TIES.

SOUTH WEST IS THE MOST DEVELOPED REGION AMONG THE SOUTHERN REGIONS

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by itopayahaya: 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
bishopclin [APC BOXING DAY PRESS RELEASE] Incendiary comments by politicians: APC urges President Jonathan to lead by example.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has urged President Goodluck Jonathan to show leadership by example instead of engaging in mere rhetoric, saying talk becomes cheap the moment words lose their meaning

In a statement issued in Lagos on Friday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said President Jonathan’s exhortations at a Christmas service in Abuja on Thursday would have carried weight if the President had acted in such a way that his compatriots would not doubt his sincerity.

It wondered how the President could admonish others to avoid sowing the seeds of discord and hatred through their utterances when that is exactly the stock in trade of his political associates, supporters and spokespersons.

”Everything that the President’s political associates, supporters and spokespersons have done has been geared toward creating division among Nigerians and sowing the seeds of discord and hatred, and the President is not on record as having ever called them to order.

”Recently, Chief Edwin Clark, a die-hard supporter of the President, said glibly that if the opposition has its way it can poison or kill President Jonathan just to take power. No statement could be more absurd and incendiary, yet the President never called him to order.

”Another dyed-in-the-wool supporter of the President, Mujaheed Asari Dokubo, said on national television that there will be blood on the streets if President Jonathan is not re-elected in 2015. He also said ‘we will not take any prisoner of war. It will be total battle’, but the President never uttered a word in his rebuke.

”Since President Jonathan’s main opponent in the 2015 elections, Gen.Muhammadu Buhari, emerged, his party members and spokesmen have been falling over themselves to pour invective on him and his party, the APC. The National Secretary of the President’s party, Wale Oladipo, called the former head of state a ‘semi-literate jackboot’, Doyin Okupe lambasted Gen. Buhari for not stealing money during his many public appointments while PDP spokesman Olisa Metuh issued his most jejune statement to date just to pillory the APC and its leaders.

”In all this, President Jonathan never saw a comment that could fan the embers of discord and hatred. Having failed to call his spokesmen, party members and supporters to order when they made incendiary comments, President Jonathan has lost the moral authority to call anyone else to order for the same wrong doing,” APC said.

”Nigerians are more divided along ethnic and religious lines today than at any time in the history of the nation, and this is traceable to the President. President Jonathan should therefore look inwards and stop being sanctimonious.

”On our part, we say, without equivocating, that we do not need any admonition from anyone, least of all a holier-than-thou President, to avoid actions that could divide the people or create discord or hatred. We are a party of peace, inclusiveness and concord, so President Jonathan should first speak the truth to his party before saying it to anyone else,” it said.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Lagos, Dec. 26th 2014.
:
President Jonathan gives emotional speech on APC, Amaechi’s comment on parallel government

President Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigeria is not the personal estate of anybody but for the generality of Nigerians.

Speaking on Thursday during the Christmas service at the St Matthew’s Anglican Church, Maitama, Abuja, Jonathan said only the will of God shall prevail on the forthcoming general elections.

President Jonathan in a lengthy speech said: “It is a week to the end of the year. Next year, from January, we will see all political actors campaigning and from the middle of February to the end, we will have the elections at the various levels.”

“I believe we the politicians are not putting out the right utterances and I am very sure that those of you who mean well for this country are not happy with us.”

“As a politician, you want people to elect you, to perform a responsibility. If you mean well for the country, the country is nobody’s personal estate but you want to serve. If people want you to serve, you serve and if they say ‘no’, you leave,”

“Nigeria is nobody’s personal estate, Nigeria is nobody’s business enterprise, Nigeria is nobody’s father’s, property, it belongs to all Nigerians.

“I get embarrassed when we the politicians, maybe including me make provocative statements, statements that create division among Nigerians; statements that can set this country ablaze. I don’t think that is what a leader should do, I don’t think that is the kind of seed a leader should sow.

“Take those who take government by violence. Look at African countries and those who kill to take power, they never end well. Few cases though, probably in society where everybody goes the same way.

“If a politician wants to take power whether at the house of assembly level, at the House of Representatives or senate or governor or president, you don’t sow seed of discord and enmity because of course, it will consume you.

Read more at -
Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/12/25/jonathan-gives-emotional-speech-apc-amaechis-comment-parallel-government/?utm_source=DailyPost+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2417a3a874-Morning_headlines&utm_term=0_7c25dc3ce6-2417a3a874-219972225
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by TolaniLuv: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Austin4lif:
Mr president, those who are with you are more then those against u. The yorubas are against u becos the are betrayers. History have it that the betrayed ironsi,ojuckwu and Zik. They are slaves to the hausa's. The Hausa's want power by all means and they are using there former subjects to achieve that aim. Mr president, if election is done online by unregistered voters then Buhari will win but since Election will be conducted at the polling units with concern nigerians ,then we shall vote for u. We need change but nt Buhari maybe somebody else.

But, still bro! I don't know your tribe and I don't care . May God still punish you for saying Yoruba are betrayer's. I have been betrayed more from Ibo's than Yorubas .

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by LRNZH(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
TolaniLuv:
I know many people who voted for GEJ back then, just because his name is (Goodluck)

That is the problem.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by maztaray: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
oluspencer:

Hahaha..... The Yoruba will never follow self centred people who are against the unity of this county. Let me remind of u 1966 coup. It was succesful everywhere except eastern region because of you betrayers, you want yoruba to support ojukwu in breaking our beloved nations. And now the dumb ass jona that you're talking about was picked from the pit by a yoruba man. And if I make my research very well your sick head is making money in LAGOS. Yoruba's will never be part of your selfish plans.
how did lagos get to the level of which we can all make good money for her?is it not from the same minority resources that. Waas used to make lagos the financial nd economic hub of nigeria?am sure you will like it when a stranger comes in to your room am sleeps with your daughter not having paid. Her bride price or a stranger controlling ur fathers estate while your alive.nigeria is never for the majority. Ethnic group,its for us all
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Eziachi: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
musicwriter:
This's

Why must a northerner return to power after Jonathan?. Don't we have other ethnicities that can rule Nigeria after Jonathan?.

Have Efiks ruled Nigeria before?. Have Igalas ruled before?. Have Uhobos ruled Nigeria?. Have Tivs ruled us before?. Have Ibibios ruled?. Have Idomas ruled Nigeria before?.

If anything these other ethnicities should be given a chance after Jonathan. Why must the north be the only anointed region to return to power after Jonathan?

NB: I'm against injustice of any sort.
There is no tribe in Nigeria called North. You can aspire for anything if you so wish. When Chris Okotie or Pat Utomi came out to run, I didn't see any of you lining up behind him, rather you all voted for almost dead Yar Adua.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by 500GP: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
CHESSBOARD:

And who told u id.ot that OBJ became president because Yorubas are united, he didn't even win in his so loved local government. there is no unity but igbo states and villages are the most developed in this shitty country

MOST DEVELOPED INDEED.

I KNOW OF LAGOS, ABUJA, PORTHARCOURT WITH ECONOMY VIABILITY.......... MOST OF YOUR PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS IN LAGOS HUSTLING;STEALING.......

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Ezemust: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
going by recent events, one can boldly say GOD has left the clueless one.
wait for God to decide
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by deletrue: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
StealthIdeals:
Nigeria is not a property of anyone; sure, you earn billions of naira through inflated contract award, salary, and emoluments, but I earn nothing frm ur government other than hardships. I spent more than a million naira before graduating frm a public university... after graduation, I established my own enterprise, but a government ruled by your party sent me out of that business through tax incidence, because I'm not an indigene of that state. Up to three tax agencies were after me -- I'm sure it was intentional due to the fact that my service charges and professionalism sent many in that bussiness packing -- until I was frustrated, and eventually left that state. How much did you spend on education during your days that some e-idiots ajudge you best president ever? For how many years were you jobless after ur graduatn as a zoologist? You might not have pointed guns to our heads, you do something worse than that. In ur word, 'evil doers don't end well'. My vote has no impact on ur reelection; so, enjoy!
A barbatrian and uncultured individual. You must continue with your suffering and bad luck. If your business was a genuine one, how come you were sent pcking? Is either you remove your live from inglorious activities, you will continue to remain empty.
Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by abbey621(m): 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Castroii:
I so much luv this piece by a Nairalander
"APC: What manner of change?

The APC has been consistent in saying that the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years inwhich corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I am seeing Amaechi - 8yrs speaker; 7yrs governor under PDP, Atiku - 8yrs Vice president under PDP, Akume -8yrs governor under PDP, Bukola Saraki - 8yrs governor; 2yrs Senator under PDP, Timipre Sylver -4yrs governor under PDP, Audu Ogbe - 2yrs chairman of PDP, Aminu Masari - 4yrs Reps speaker under PDP, Chris Ngige - 3yrs governor under PDP, Kwankwaso - 7yrs governor, 3yrs Defense minister under PDP, El-Rufai - 4yrs FCT minister, 2yrs BPE chairman under PDP, Oyinlola, 7 and half years governor under PDP, Segun Oni, 3 and half years governor under PDP, and to cap it all they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to come and lead them on a rescue mission.

It is now clearer that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrousyears" are now dumped.

Please Nigerians what is the change in this APC?"

Like I said this is not about individuals but the party. A democratic country is supposed to have two or more equally powerful parties capable of governance. Since 1999, it's been PDP, it hasn't worked out, why not try the other party? Why would one party hold an entire country hostage? Let the opposition get a taste of power, let's see how they would perform. By your logic, APC is a recycled branch of PDP so we should not vote for APC, we should continue voting for the same PDP and hope one day uncle Jona and other PDP goons find it in their kind hearts to do something about the plight of the Nigerian people......NO NO NO!!!! The wind of change can no longer be ignored, there are many candidates out there that would thrive under a new opposition government(Imagine Fashola being in charge of Roads and transportation, Oshiomole in charge of defense, imagine cancellation of the office of the first lady, all these are possible with a new government led by the opposition). Finally in order for a country to develop, it must let any group or party know that they in no shape or form can never be greater than the people. Government is we the people, by the people, for the people. If we can vote PDP out, the next government would want to perform well because they would realize just how powerful the masses are. Forget sentiments, leave behind tribalism and let's use common sense for once!

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Gives Emotional Speech On APC, Amaechi’s Comment by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Eziachi:
Hallucinations. No one gets even 90% in an election unless you are Saddam Hussein, running against yourself and counting your own vote.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray-bruce Drops Another Bombshell (Tweet) / Dino Melaye Being Chauffeured In Benz, Dines With Atiku / President Buhari Meets CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Behind Close Doors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.