Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (27844 Views)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
free2ryhme:

How did he become Governor in the first place
...the Ekitis voted for him-people should be careful of what they wish for because it shall come to past.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
RockMaxi:
Talking about September salary in December yet no hope for payment...
This is what Ekiti people chose for themselves. Bad. embarassed

...I don't pity them a second...

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Samueldo(m): 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
RockMaxi:
Talking about September salary in December yet no hope for payment...
This is what Ekiti people chose for themselves. Bad. embarassed

Shot up my friend! Don't pretend like you don't know who created this mess in the first place

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
honeric01:
If Fayemi didn't pay September salary before leaving, what about October, November and December? Should Fayemi be blamed for these 3 months?

Fayose has paid (his claim) for October, November and December.

The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, has told civil servants in the state to forget about their September salary “for now”.
Mr. Fayose disclosed this Friday during his monthly media chat “Meet your Governor” in Ado-Ekiti.
“I became governor on October 16th and that is two months and ten days now and I want to state categorically that I have managed resources of the state very well,” Mr. Fayose said.
“Now, coming here to tell the people that I will pay September salaries, no, no, I will not say that. The salaries I’m paying now, I had interface with banks to give me leeway for six months to be able to arrange myself.
Someone was governor for four years and he left two months salary unpaid plus debts. I have paid October, November, and December.”
Mr. Fayose also said that he embarked on his “stomach infrastructure” programme during this Yuletide to ensure that Ekiti people did not go hungry, adding that governors of Jigawa, Adamawa and Katsina States sent him rams and cows as part of their contributions to the project.
Mr. Fayose, who contested under the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, defeated Kayode Fayemi, the incumbent governor of the All Progressives Congress, APC at the June 21 gubernatorial election in the state.
Since assumption of office as governor, Mr. Fayose has consistently accused Mr. Fayemi of wastefulness and plunging the state into debts.
On Friday, the governor said his administration is paying N700 million monthly to service bank loans of over N21 billion.
The governor had also alleged that his predecessor had embarked on a construction of a multibillion government house, including spending N50 million on two beds in the building.
“I won’t move to the N3.3 billion Oke Ayoba government house until the people’s welfare is addressed. Besides, the house is not completed yet,” said Mr. Fayose.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173833-fayose-slams-fayemi-ekiti-finances-says-no-september-salary-workers.html

The Nation is playing politics of falsehood by deliberately leaving this important section, highlighted above, in its reporting. Well, Fayose is a thug but he is also a good politician.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sylvarresta:
Abeg make those people no use cry disturb us, they brought it upon theirselves, sebi de don eat rice and chicken, wetin de wan use salary do again
Up Ekiti
Up stomach infrastructure
...they are Oliver Twist,always asking for more...
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by jogsman01(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
barcanista:
honestly, for no reason should workers be owed, especially civil servants. Fayemi should have paid the monies.
civil service might go into extinction in some years to co
me. For example, osun state govt workers hasn't collected their october salary up till dis moment. PDP and APC are not working for the interest of the masses but theirs'....... TO HELL WITH 2015 ELECTIONS

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Tibins(m): 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
As long as you guys have not decided to accept the following below,

Poverty will keep making flesh until it becomes what we can see physically

Resource control

Fiscal federalism

Privatization

Political federalism

Decentralization of Nigeria

Restructuring of Nigeria

Institutions submitting their quarterly activities to public scrutiny

Which are the fastest route to economic diversification , citizenry prosperity and political greatness

WELL SAID.... I LIKE YOU.... THE TRUTH ALL THE WAY. PRIVATE SECTOR DRIVEN ECONOMY. GEJ WILL DO IT......
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
oziegbe2015:
so that is what pdp has reduced the home of the most intellectuals and proffesors to
...they are educated illiterates...

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:

Especially if you are not one of the unpaid civil savants with mouths to feed and bills to pay...
who is to b blamed?fayemi or fayose
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by omega2128(m): 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2014
fayose should also command Nepa staff not to disconnect ekiti people light, free transport, etc
Shame on ekiti people that voted him,
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
olassy239:

The person to blame is Fayose. There're policies initiated by Fayemi that Fayose canceled. Why can't Fayose also liquidate the debts? Were the workers in September working for Fayemi or Ekiti State?

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by jcflex(m): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2014
barcanista:
Why didn't Fayemi pay September Salary? What is wrong with our political leaders? What is/was the justification for witholding salaries of workers? Is it political? This is immoral and a big shame. However, Fayose should understand that government is a continuum. Being the helmsman, it is a must that he pay workers rather than hiding under the cloak of "we are broke". He must look for ways to generate fund and offset the outstanding salary bill. He should stop insulting the sensibility of ekiti indigens with his "stomach infrastructure". God help our country

I think you shld knw better nw oga barca.

FG withhold Sept allocation of ekiti state, due to political reason best known to them, the issue is not fayemi's fault, GEJ and his co-hort did it, and they have achieve what dey want, they dnt wnt or they think since fayemi will hand over in middle of oct, he might do away with sept allocation. when fayose take over on oct 16, after collecting oct allocation, few days after sept allocation was release to him, yet fayose still insist on not paying sept salary when he have colect sept allocation, on what ground.

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by MOBBDEEP: 8:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

Is Fayemi the governor this December too and the reason why Fayose did not pay state workers in December?

Do you people read over the rubbish you type before posting>?

I had to restrain myself from calling you names because you are actually the one spewing trash.
You saw the explanation given by the governor that JKF took Fed government bond (almost totaling 50 billion Naira ) on which they are deducting monthly from the state allocation from source both the spread-bonds and the accrued interest.
This is a state whose monthly allocation is a paltry sum of about 2billion Naira with no significant nor tangible IGR.
No industry and most of all the workers are civil servants.
But you decided to close your eyes to those explanations.
Perhaps you don't know the meaning of bonds nor understand its implication on the dynamics of governance in that state.
Don't be too quick to attack people when your understanding of a matter is shallow.
I'm not abusing you.
In fact, I don't like the personality of Fayose. But that doesn't give me the impetus to subvert the glaring truth.
JKF is more evil than Fayose.

7 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

The person to blame is Fayose. There're policies initiated by Fayemi that Fayose canceled. Why can't Fayose also liquidate the debts? Were the workers in September working for Fayemi or Ekiti State?
and who is respondible for the payment of july,august nd september payment.....i hope u knew fayemi stop paying workers salary 3months b4 leaving office

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
HNosegbe:

So you will blame Fayose for not paying September salaries in December, yet you won't blame Fayemi who was governor at the time?

You are a hypocrite.

It doesn't matter who the governor was in September, government is continuum so it's Fayose the incumbent's governor's duty and responsibility to continue government and pay the state workers...

It's reckless, thoughtless, callous and irresponsible to say you won't pay state workers because your predecessor did not pay state workers when in fact you are elected to do just that as part of your duties as the sitting governor.

Btw, I'll ignore your baseless hypocritical comment since obviously you don't know the meaning of that word or even how and when to use it...
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2014
Oh come of it already Fayose. We know that ekiti state is one of the poorest in Nigeria, but taking it to the HEADLINES in the name of politics is an all time low. Pay your workers, do your job, and stop making noise. It's obvious he's leaving that particular month's salary unpaid to sustain bad blood from the poor people against the opposition. He's still the one going to pay it as governor, so he should quit the drama and pay.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
olassy239:
and who is respondible for the payment of july,august nd september payment.....i hope u knew fayemi stop paying workers salary 3months b4 leaving office

1. That's a lie. Fayose (who knows better than you) said two, not three months. Even, if that was the case, why did Fayose pay those months but leave September unpaid? What's so special about September, why not August?

2.Why did Fayose find it convenient to repudiate some policies initiated in September but unwilling to pay September salary? Why is he blowing hot and cold simultaneously?

3.The workers are working for Ekiti State government. Aren't they? We can play politics with the names of who is/was in charge but the real thing is simple: Ekiti state is owning workers September salary.

3 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by zubby29(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
dis man mst b high on cheap drugs,i hope Nigerians would not make d same mistake ekiti people did
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sheggy13(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

The price for Awo supporting Gowon in retaining the unitary system because of the false hope of becoming President

Is

Regional poverty
Yet your people leave their heavens in Abia, Ebonyi and the likes to push wheel barrows selling pegs and earpiece in this supposed impoverished region. The stupidity of you people cannot be quantified.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
Civil servants and teachers in Ekiti State agitating for the payment of their outstanding September salaries got a piece of bad news from the state chief executive on Friday.

Governor Ayo Fayose told them to forget the payment of the salary at least for now.

The governor who disclosed his decision while featuring on his monthly media chat, “Meet Your Governor”, said the precarious financial situation of the state would not allow him to pay workers September salaries.

Fayose also revealed that governors of Jigawa, Adamawa and Katsina States sent rams and cows to him as part of their contributions to his “stomach infrastructure” agenda for Christmas celebrations.

He explained that he took the step in his desire to make Ekiti people happy and ensure that they do not go hungry during the festive season.

While urging workers in the state to exercise patient with his administration, Fayose emphasized that the financial position of the state is so bad to the extent that he had reached an agreement with some banks to give the state what he called “financial leeway” for six months to enable him pay salaries.

The governor explained that the deductions from the allocation of the state from the Bond sourced by the last administration and commercial loans obtained from banks had adversely affected the state finances.

Fayose pointedly told civil servants, teachers and other government workers to stop complaining and adjust themselves to the prevailing realities maintaining that he would not be deceiving them on issues affecting governance.

He said, “I became governor on October 16 and that is two months and ten days now and I want to state categorically that I have managed resources of the state very well.

“Now coming here to tell the people that I will pay September salaries, no, no, I will not say that. The salaries I am paying now, I had interface with banks to give me leeway for six months to be able to arrange myself, “Fayose declared.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/no-september-salary-now-fayose-tells-ekiti-workers/

And this same idiota was among governors that donated 21 billion for Jonathan. If Jonathan has conscience, he would have ask this man to pay salary first b4 donation.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by synergycom19: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2014
Well maybe they needed the stomach infrastructure more,afterall it's when you are fed that you go and walk on a good road road or see a government developmental projects
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
If he can not pay September salary, let him pay November and December na. There is no hope for this country.
Oh i forget, this is the same state that 7 is greater than 19.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by PEREP: 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ekiti State workers have collected up till December while September will be sorted out subbsequently. If Ekiti were to pay her debts without other expenses, it will take us over 20 Months and anyone will think Fayemi should be spared in this?

3 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by jeroton: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
olassy239:
GEJ & Fayose, GEJ for not releasing #34bln allocation owe fayemi,s govt. And fayose as gov. Elect warn all banks approached by fayemi for loan to pay salaries b4 the allocation will arrived. That he (fayose) will pay when he becomes gov. So he should not complain he should go & meet GEJ who promise he will develop ekiti when fayose becomes governor.

3 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by PEREP: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
PDPwayoo:
If he can not pay September salary, let him pay November and December na. There is no hope for this country.
Oh i forget, this is the same state that 7 is greater than 19.

He has paid up till December and offsetting arrears of over 6 months owed Pensioners. The caption was to sow the seed of discord as usual.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sarhamsyn(m): 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
grin cheesy I can't help laffing. there salary is been replaced with rice & chicken... I thought fayose does not knows what he was doing before now i understand were he's heading to
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sheggy13:

Yet your people leave their heavens in Abia, Ebonyi and the likes to push wheel barrows selling pegs and earpiece in this supposed impoverished region. The stupidity of you people cannot be quantified.

Illiteracy is a disease of the mind

That lots of Chinese work in Nigeria doesn't mean China is poor

Keep supporting the unitary system and expect poverty to disappear.

Don't worry by next year you will see the negative implications of abandoning your resources for SE/SS oil wealth
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by gebest: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin
GBAM
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by gebest: 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2014
Una never see anything until on monday.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:

It doesn't matter who the governor was in September, government is continuum so it's Fayose the incumbent's governor's duty and responsibility to continue government and pay the state workers...

It's reckless, thoughtless, callous and irresponsible to say you won't pay state workers because your predecessor did not pay state workers when in fact you are elected to do just that as part of your duties as the sitting governor.

Btw, I'll ignore your baseless hypocritical comment since obviously you don't know the meaning of that word or even how and when to use it...

Hypocrisy:

The practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another; moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues

Wiktionary

I insist you are a hypocrite because you would have said something completely different if the tables were turned and it was an APC governor who had just taken over from the PDP.

I agree that governance is a continuum and that Fayose should have paid his workers. What I find extremely disconcerting is that you would lay ALL the blame on the incumbent governor without even asking why Fayemi failed to pay up in HIS LAST MONTH before handing over power. Or did Fayemi not draw his own salary for that month?

My response to you was based not only on your comments on this particular thread, but also your entire known posting history. It was you who hailed Fashola's commissioning of roads and street lights as "evidence of visionary leadership", yet condemned similar achievements by Akpabio when threads of such achievements are posted. You condemn the Federal Government for being corrupt, yet you are okay with the Lagos State Government refusing to domesticate FOI. As far as people like you are concerned, everything about APC is good and everything about PDP is evil.

You are a dishonest, duplicitous fellow who should not be taken seriously on this forum.

Don't bother quoting me, I won't respond.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
In all honesty, Fayemi should be responsible for that salary not Fayose!
He was the governor then!!!

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
PEREP:

He has paid up till December and offsetting arrears of over 6 months owed Pensioners. The caption was to sow the seed of discord as usual.

Really? person nor read primary 4 how come he is writing primary 6 exam?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Diezani Forced Jonathan To Sack Me – Stella Oduah / Ambode Commissions Johnson, Jakande And Tinubu Park, Alausa; Check Out The Photo / Group Raises Alarm Over Billion Naira House Linked To Uzodinma’s Aide, Nwaneri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.