Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (27840 Views)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by investnotspend: 6:53am On Dec 27, 2014
But 22billion naira was recently released by the federal govt to fayose for federal roads been constructed by Kayode fayemi administration and the allocation that was held , what did he do with the money ? Y can't September salary be paid ? Fayose with lies lies lies , I hope we all remember his chicken that does not shit back then also ? Lol , well ekiti kete ebi rice Lon pa wan Ko kin se ebi salary

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin

But yu have no idea of what yu speak about...
Aresa
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sammiejokes(m): 7:18am On Dec 27, 2014
gratiaeo:
Are this people truly this poor?
FG need to setup special poverty alleviation program for Ekiti and other Yoruba states
you are the most tribalistic person have seen on Nairaland. Its so obvious you are a mistake to your generation. Has poverty left your own people, let us know which region you hail from, then we will see if your region is an exception. Nonsense.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by xeighy(m): 7:26am On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:
[s][/s]

Is Fayemi the governor this December too and the reason why Fayose did not pay state workers in December?

Do you people read over the rubbish you type before posting>?

My point exactly. What happened to their salaries for subsequent months?
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Acidosis(m): 8:19am On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin
You are a disgrace to whoever gave birth to you. Abirun omo

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sant1m: 9:11am On Dec 27, 2014
STENON:
Hmmmmmm..............

Hmmmmmmm.........

Hmmmmmm.........

I reserved my comment.
what are going to do with salary and good governance when some of us are still visiting the loo as a result of too much infrastruture during the election. We can even go to govt house gate to get chicken and rice and if we need little beer in the system we can always meet gov in the beer parlour to hell with salary, my brother there is nothing as sweet and capable of making us a great country like stomach infrastructure,
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:

So, do you mind telling us what he did with the September allocation for the September salary he collected?
nd could u pls tell me wen he resume office
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Ayo199(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:

Help yourself with a little education next time before running your mouth..

Fayose collected the September allocation to pay September shouldn't you be asking him why he skipped September ?

That worthless comedian is playing with people's money and livelihood..
fayose has nt done anytin to deserve ur hatred..i think u read wat he said..or dnt u knw d condition fayemi left ekiti
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by jcflex(m): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2014
investnotspend:
But 22billion naira was recently released by the federal govt to fayose for federal roads been constructed by Kayode fayemi administration and the allocation that was held , what did he do with the money ? Y can't September salary be paid ? Fayose with lies lies lies , I hope we all remember his chicken that does not shit back then also ? Lol , well ekiti kete ebi rice Lon pa wan Ko kin se ebi salary

bros you are on point, foyose was busy shouting on media hom fayemi waste the state resources, but in real sense of it, it full of deceit, fayose collect all those money that does not belong to him, he reap where he did not sow, GEJ political calculation work out well for them, why is the state debt not paid, after collecting the money from FG, why are civil servants not payed after sept allocation was release.

yet ekiti pple cnt read btw the line, they continue to blame fayemi.

ekiti state debt is not that much, at least if #20b was use to service debt which in the real sense of it, that is wat it is meant for,
and the rest #2b he can do away it, that what we knw them for.

I just hope that state will not be totally grounded by the tym fayose will be ready to pack it luggage and leave the govt house

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by onayemi1: 12:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
lalasticlala:
Civil servants and teachers in Ekiti State agitating for the payment of their outstanding September salaries got a piece of bad news from the state chief executive on Friday.

Governor Ayo Fayose told them to forget the payment of the salary at least for now.

The governor who disclosed his decision while featuring on his monthly media chat, “Meet Your Governor”, said the precarious financial situation of the state would not allow him to pay workers September salaries.

Fayose also revealed that governors of Jigawa, Adamawa and Katsina States sent rams and cows to him as part of their contributions to his “stomach infrastructure” agenda for Christmas celebrations.

He explained that he took the step in his desire to make Ekiti people happy and ensure that they do not go hungry during the festive season.

While urging workers in the state to exercise patient with his administration, Fayose emphasized that the financial position of the state is so bad to the extent that he had reached an agreement with some banks to give the state what he called “financial leeway” for six months to enable him pay salaries.

The governor explained that the deductions from the allocation of the state from the Bond sourced by the last administration and commercial loans obtained from banks had adversely affected the state finances.

Fayose pointedly told civil servants, teachers and other government workers to stop complaining and adjust themselves to the prevailing realities maintaining that he would not be deceiving them on issues affecting governance.

He said, “I became governor on October 16 and that is two months and ten days now and I want to state categorically that I have managed resources of the state very well.

“Now coming here to tell the people that I will pay September salaries, no, no, I will not say that. The salaries I am paying now, I had interface with banks to give me leeway for six months to be able to arrange myself, “Fayose declared.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/no-september-salary-now-fayose-tells-ekiti-workers/
The truth is that fayemi wrecked the state financially. He was borrowing money for the wrong reasons. How can a governor borrow money to build a government house, buy cars for the political class and also use 50m naira to buy bed. Fayemi made sure he not only left the state finance to be in red but also made sure that its in the negative. Shame on all our politician. None of them is ready to work other than embezzle state funds. I implore the incumbent governor to please look for means to pay the sepyember salary

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
olassy239:
he didnt say he wont pay,he said der is no money to pay sept debt yet
Why is there no money? Was he not given the September allocation?

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
johhnnie:

people will not truly understand the style of governance under APC governments in the southwest . its more like a cult like thing with so many secrets. They milk the treasury. I implore every interested fellow to Google out debt burden of the south western states. Osun owes over 110b, Ekiti owes over 40b, ogun state owes over 30 b naira while lagos debt burden stands at half a billion dollars. The most annoying thing is that they award contracts in such a way as to further place their subjects under slavery and servitude. most contract are awarded on a contractor- financing system. A situation whereby the contractor undertakes to finance the project with a proviso interest regime far higher than what the commercial banks take. The so contract go to the likes of tinubu5, Aregbesola and Co. They also operate a pyramidical financial system that is bound to collapse at any moment. that is y they want the federal power at all cost in order to save face from the impending financial doom across the states under their jurisdiction. This is tinubu ' s game plan.
Lol @d debt profile you conjured up. It would be fair if you gave us the profile of the 36 states, FCT and federal government, that way we can see a better picture.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
johhnnie:

governance is not the way they make the lay man see it. I will tell u that there is one thing we cannot take a way from Jonathan ' s administration and that is freedom of speech and association. Under APC governments, it will never be so.
to state categorically with examples, most states in nigeria are not self sufficient. yet, the politicians live in affluence. most especially, the APC states. They live on federal government allocations as well as loans from financial institutions. from these monies, they steal over 70% in order to perpetuate themselves in office. Unfortunately for Fayemi in Ekiti, PDP won the last election and that was what brought out the secrets. I can also boldly talk of Osun where a state that barely produces anything has as debt burden of over 120b. It was 9b under the last PDP government. that is part of the reason y these states cannot afford to pay salaries. There are also other intervention areas of partnership among the 3 levels of governance federal, State and local. The state governments in the southwest cornered substantial portion of these funds such that some health workers that are supposed to have been paid for the past 10 months are yet to be paid.
Freedom of speech? It's supposed to be a democracy i suppose. Why do you come to a conclusion that another government cannot allow freedom of speech? Don't say God told you please. All the states live on allocation, it is not most especially some states. You have given some other unsubstantiated information, but let's deal with the above for now.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
coolgb:
Really sad so many comments made on this thread,am just happy for one thing fayose used fayemi's same broom to sweep him away. You may not understand d situation better unless your parents or relatives are working in ekiti.

What is so special to understand? Which is not true in the following sentences?
State government in Nigeria depend on allocation from FG.
Ekiti state government owed its workers September salary.
Allocation from Federal has been paid for September.
Allocation from federal government came late.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
investnotspend:
If this is true, the 22billion naira, i think Fayose should be impeached, he is not fit to govern.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
onayemi1:

The truth is that fayemi wrecked the state financially. He was borrowing money for the wrong reasons. How can a governor borrow money to build a government house, buy cars for the political class and also use 50m naira to buy bed. Fayemi made sure he not only left the state finance to be in red but also made sure that its in the negative. Shame on all our politician. None of them is ready to work other than embezzle state funds. I implore the incumbent governor to please look for means to pay the sepyember salary
All states and government owe money all over the world, kindly find out. The point is that from what we are hearing, Fayemi didn't owe his workers salary because of debt. He owed because the allocations used to pay came late. There is no problem with him owing debts if they were being serviced/paid and if the monies are put to good use for now and the future. A state should not just be grounded and do nothing simply because it's a poor state, and perhaps unfortunate to be persecuted for being another party state. I personally was ashamed to read the President, while campaigning, promising development to Ekiti IF they vote pdp. In other words, if another party wins, they will be neglected, is that good governance? I stay in the south west, and i can testify to the abandonment of federal roads and other things by the government.

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
olassy239:
nd could u pls tell me wen he resume office

You should be telling us if fayose collected September allocation or not. Do that first before asking irrelevant questions...
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2014
aresa:

You should be telling us if fayose collected September allocation or not. Do that first before asking irrelevant questions...
fayose resume office on october,nd he paid for july,august nd october salary,,,,he will be for october when there is a lot cash in the treasury
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by afanide: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
THAT WAS WHY I POSTED SOMETHING HERE LAST WEEK.

I SAID, YOU CANT RELY ON YOUR JOB. YOU NEED A BACK UP/BUSINESS AS A SUPPORT. NOT JUST ANY KIND OF BUSINESS. YOU NEED A BUSINESS THAT CAN FETCH YOU HIGH PROFIT WITH LITTLE CAPITAL EVERY WEEK.

THIS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IS STILL OPEN FOR THOSE THAT ARE WILLING TO START.

See It Here
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

For Those Of You That Reside, In Port-Harcourt, You Have The Opportunity To meet With Me One-On-One.

Call me on
Nathaniel.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by 3moses: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2014
let me clear the cloudy part....fed govt did not give Fayemi's administration September and October allocations...it stopped receiving allocation in August...I blv that was the major reason Fayemi couldn't pay the civil servants September salary

However, Fayose had collected the said (september) allocation immediately he assumed office plus #10bill (part of the sum of money fed govt is owing Ekiti state during Fayemi's terrain).

these are the major reasons the workers are clamoring for their sweat.

note: I'm nt a politician, but one of the stakeholders in the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Not Vote A Leader Above 70 Years - Peter Obi / Shehu Sani: Recovered Abacha Loot Should Not Be Shared To Poor Nigerians / Nigerians Complain A Lot Of The Past; Is That The Solution? No! - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.