Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers (27838 Views)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Disobey Fayemi’s Curfew, Fayose Tells Ekiti People / Civil Servants; Have You Been Paid Your September Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2014
adconline:
So Fayemi with all his UK and US degrees and publications owed govt workers?? He was always very critical of corrupt govts in Africa when he was in the US.
Nigeria is irredeemably confined to poverty!!
Fayose even lacks compassion.. Can he in all honesty to tell his household that there is money for September upkeep??
The FG (pdp) delays monthly allocations. State government depends on monthly allocations, and opposition states are usually the worst hit from what i see.

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by olami100(m): 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2014
Firefire:
Ekiti will surely be re branded after the monumental destruction by Fayemi of APC.

Brother u make sense to me a lot.. Thank you for this..

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by anonimi: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Topiipii:

I had to quote because of your reputation here on NL. One would think that someone of such reputation should have done a little bit of research as to why the workers were owed in the first place and not hurry to comment in order to curry favour. Ekiti is a 'civil service state', it relies on federal allocation to pay its workers. The question should be why the allocation for September was witheld.

Do you have evidence that Ekiti state's September allocation from the Federation Account largely funded by Niger Delta oil revenue "was withheld"

If you do, please share here.
Thanks.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Enice(m): 9:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
MOBBDEEP:

I had to restrain myself from calling you names because you are actually the one spewing trash.
You saw the explanation given by the governor that JKF took Fed government bond (almost totaling 50 billion Naira ) on which they are deducting monthly from the state allocation from source both the spread-bonds and the accrued interest.
This is a state whose monthly allocation is a paltry sum of about 2billion Naira with no significant nor tangible IGR.
No industry and most of all the workers are civil servants.
But you decided to close your eyes to those explanations.
Perhaps you don't know the meaning of bonds nor understand its implication on the dynamics of governance in that state.
Don't be too quick to attack people when your understanding of a matter is shallow.
I'm not abusing you.
In fact, I don't like the personality of Fayose. But that doesn't give me the impetus to subvert the glaring truth.
JKF is more evil than Fayose.
na today dem start deduction for payment of bond and interest? If fayemi has been surviving before now, then whyt can fayose? The man is either clueless like his pay-master in abuja or has refused to pay due to his intention to fund the campaign of his master. Period

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by 100Cents: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
aresa:
What salaries do they want again? I though they are all belefull with stomach infrastructure, chicken and rice....

After the drama, trash talk and comedy and free chicken and rice, the painful realities of governance is now setting in...

U na neva jamm ...You reap what you sow grin grin

The outgoing APC governor refused paying civil servants their deserved September salaries till October 16th. When you people see the truth, you look the other way. Your comments and actions here is exactly what is killing Nigeria and setting us backwards..

Fayose came into power October 16 th. How can he be the person paying September salaries ?

This brings me to Abia state state where civil servants are being owed since September to December salaries. If such a thing continues till May 29th, 2015, when a new regime is sworn in, then I pity Abians and the incoming government.

I wonder why things are not working in this country.

Fayemi should be arrested by EFCC and made to pay Ekiti state workers their September salaries..

Jonathan, please sir, make this country to work. You have the power. God gave it to you.. Arrest Fayemi now.

Wealthy people in this country are not law abiding, they do as they like and get away with it. If Fayemi is allowed to go scot free, it means Abia government can keep owing Abia civil servants from September 2014 till May 2015 and nothing will happen. When are we going to start holding people in power accountable ?

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
dguizman:
see u!!!where u come frm self?
...the funny aspect of it all is I am from the old Ondo State...
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Kazrem(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Hmmmm blaming previous government and opposition is the trend in Nigeria politics. Say the truth, you want to service the debt you took to win election first. Stomach infrastructure.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by akpumping7720(m): 9:55pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ekiti laid d foundation of their problem when they broke away from Ondo state. Creation of more states is not the solution. Well the governor cannot manage the state more than the resources in his disposal....
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by 100Cents: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
RockMaxi:
Talking about September salary in December yet no hope for payment...
This is what Ekiti people chose for themselves. Bad. embarassed

They didn't complain about October to December salary meaning it has been paid. APC apologist, blame Fayemi.

If we continue supporting evil, i wonder from where the good we seek will come from..

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Pennywise(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
I hope Fayose 's special chicken pays the rent. If it doesn't, he is an idiiot.

This is what you get when area boys are allowed to be Governor. He deserves a second impeachment.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 10:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
Kirinwa:

Lol.

What are the roles of Auditor general of state and house of assembly members? Who is advising these governors on loans and bonds to the extent the past governor left liability into incoming governor's hands.

Let the Chief Justice instigate a case against him. Sell all his properties and use it to offset cost. Rubbish!

It's perfectly OK to audit state accounts, but leaving debts and transitioning with debts is very normal in Nigeria and all over the world and I'm yet to witness any rubbish like I'm not honoring what the previous administration committed to or we are not paying any salary generated under the previous and administration.

This is nothing but official vindictiveness, foolishness, idiocy and stupidity ravaging our political system, many of these comedic governors, they spend more time engaging in theatrics, fighting their predecessors even after wining elections and assuming office than siting down to govern.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by anonimi: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Image123:

The FG (pdp) delays monthly allocations. State government depends on monthly allocations, and opposition states are usually the worst hit from what i see.

You may need to replace your eyes and read widely so you can see clearly and stop embarrassing yourself.

The Federal Allocation Accounts Committee (FAAC), is made up of the 36 states and the federal government as CUSTODIAN only. They meet monthly to agree on sharing of the national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue.

The states are free to sue the federal government to the Supreme court if they feel they have been shortchanged in the sharing. They have done that before over the oil subsidy payments, Excess Crude Account etc.

Subsidy - Governors Sue FG At Supreme Court
13 JULY 2012

State governors rose from a meeting early yesterday announcing a decision to seek legal redress at the Supreme Court over what they called illegal funds deductions by the Federal Government, including withdrawals for petrol subsidy and Sovereign Wealth Fund.

In a communique, the Nigerian Governors' Forum said they will challenge "continuing illegal deductions from the Federation Account towards offsetting oil subsidy payments, Excess Crude Account and other unconstitutional withdrawals by the Federal Government."

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201207130730.html

Many of us seem IGNORANT of the fact that we have been in a growing democracy for the past 16 years or so and the separate but complimentary INSTITUTIONS are slowly recognising and exercising their constitutionally guaranteed INDEPENDENCE while the useless politicians in the 36 states and 774 LGAs continue deceiving their fellow citizens of the sole responsibility of the federal government for their daily existence shocked
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by realnaijaa: 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
Firefire:

Good question: what makes Fayemi not to pay September salary before leaving

Can't Tinubu borrow Fayemi money to pay

I presume the guy have already collected all available loans, hence no more opportunities.

undecided
Am always disappointed when people talk without facts.you should always verify your facts before posting
. now let me give you a fact which is verifiable any where including the CBN.
Fayemi only owed 1 month salary which was for the month of September and this was due to the fact that the allocation for that month was not paid even to all state of the country. The allocation for the month of September was real ease in the month of November I.e 2 1/2 weeks the new gov took over. Instead of paying the salary as septemper salary he opted to pay it as November while this was kind of bizarre to the workers.they had no choice than to accept it. You are free to confirm this from any civil servant in ekiti. They will tell u. It is a fact that can not be denied . fayemi never owed any person. When he left forget what is been said about him . Civil servant know.

Now to the question I want the entire ekiti to ask is why as fayemi not been arrested. And why as the Governor not publish the so calls evidence a regards the status of the state.if the his confident he should do it the answer is because he know the truth will be revealed. My people are already brain controlled. I belived initially until I started doinng my own research.if it was true the osoko I know would have gone to various length to prove it
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Teespice(f): 10:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
ekiti kete.

no salary, but stomach infrastructure dey.

hehe
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by datribune: 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

The price for Awo supporting Gowon in retaining the unitary system because of the false hope of becoming President

Is

Regional poverty

LIAR!. Stop lies. Stop d misinformation. Under Gowon, Nigeria was a federation wit 12 states. It was Aguiyi Ironsi who promulgated decree 34 which abrogated Nigeria's federal structure in exchange for a unitary one. It was a major political miscalculation.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Topiipii(m): 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
anonimi:

Do you have evidence that Ekiti state's September allocation from the Federation Account largely funded by Niger Delta oil revenue "was withheld"

If you do, please share here.
Thanks.
I'm going to ignore the words in red, but will answer your question. I was in Ado Ekiti throughout Oct and Nov. and it was well known that the allocation in question only came in after Fayose was sworn in. These things usually do not find their way into the papers as I am sure you already know. Fayose is a chronic liar who will say anything just to get on the side of the masses, the links below will show you the kind of politics your niger delta president has been playing with the allocation to opposition states.

http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2014/09/fayemi-assures-ekiti-workers-of-payment-of-august-salary/

http://www.punchng.com/news/debt-your-allegations-are-fraudulent-fayemi-replies-fayose/

http://www.ekekeee.com/ayo-oyalowo-dwindling-federal-allocation-challenges-development-kwara-case-study/

Modification: realnaijaa @10:14pm just repeated what I said; since he claims he's a civil servant, I'd suggest you contact a civil servant in Ekiti state if you know one for verification. I did not keep a specific record of the release date, but I knew it was released after Fayose assumed office.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Sharksblow(m): 10:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sheggy13:

Yet your people leave their heavens in Abia, Ebonyi and the likes to push wheel barrows selling pegs and earpiece in this supposed impoverished region. The stupidity of you people cannot be quantified.
this @sheggy13 ehn
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by anonimi: 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2014
datribune:

LIAR!. Stop lies. Stop d misinformation. Under Gowon, Nigeria was a federation wit 12 states. It was Aguiyi Ironsi who promulgated decree 34 which abrogated Nigeria's federal structure in exchange for a unitary one. It was a major political miscalculation.

I thought Gowon ruled AFTER Ironsi was killed in the July 1966 coup, is that no longer correct shocked

And how could Gowon who CREATED the 12 states still make the country a federation of the states he created AFTER Ironsi's unitary decree?

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by realnaijaa: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Topiipii:

I'm going to ignore the words in red, but will answer your question. I was in Ado Ekiti throughout Oct and Nov. and it was well known that the allocation in question only came in after Fayose was sworn in. These things usually do not find their way into the papers as I am sure you already know. Fayose is a chronic liar who will say anything just to get on the side of the masses, the links below will show you the kind of politics your niger delta president has been playing with the allocation to opposition states.

http://ekitistate.gov.ng/2014/09/fayemi-assures-ekiti-workers-of-payment-of-august-salary/

http://www.punchng.com/news/debt-your-allegations-are-fraudulent-fayemi-replies-fayose/

http://www.ekekeee.com/ayo-oyalowo-dwindling-federal-allocation-challenges-development-kwara-case-study/

My guy u are correct. Fayose collected the September allocation in the month of November when he was paid. It is the fact and it was not only ekiti but all states of the federation.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by duni04(m): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
Ayo Fayose has turned the people of Ekiti into beggars. Wot d hell does stomach infrastructure mean? Queueing up to get food from the governor? This is just distasteful on several levels.

2 Likes

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
datribune:

Do you know the meaning of the word " RETAINED "

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Image123(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
anonimi:

You may need to replace your eyes and read widely so you can see clearly and stop embarrassing yourself.

The Federal Allocation Accounts Committee (FAAC), is made up of the 36 states and the federal government as CUSTODIAN only. They meet monthly to agree on sharing of the national cake aka Niger Delta oil revenue.

The states are free to sue the federal government to the Supreme court if they feel they have been shortchanged in the sharing. They have done that before over the oil subsidy payments, Excess Crude Account etc.

Many of us seem IGNORANT of the fact that we have been in a growing democracy for the past 16 years or so and the separate but complimentary INSTITUTIONS are slowly recognising and exercising their constitutionally guaranteed INDEPENDENCE while the useless politicians in the 36 states and 774 LGAs continue deceiving their fellow citizens of the sole responsibility of the federal government for their daily existence shocked

I wonder what you are struggling to say with many words. The reality at hand is that state governments depend on the federal government for sustenance and monthly allocation. I'm not saying that is good or bad, just saying that is what happens. The FG delays that allocation. Process that.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by datribune: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Do you know the meaning of the word " RETAINED "

Pls explain urself.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Topiipii(m): 10:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
anonimi:

I thought Gowon ruled AFTER Ironsi was killed in the July 1966 coup, is that no longer correct shocked

And how could Gowon who CREATED the 12 states still make the country a federation of the states he created AFTER Ironsi's unitary decree?

This answers your question perfectly!

http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/04/apc-warns-fayose-increasing-joblessness-ekiti/
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by aresa: 10:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
100Cents:

[s]The outgoing APC governor refused paying civil servants their deserved September salaries till October 16th. When you people see the truth, you look the other way. Your comments and actions here is exactly what is killing Nigeria and setting us backwards..

Fayose came into power October 16 th. How can he be the person paying September salaries ?

This brings me to Abia state state where civil servants are being owed since September to December salaries. If such a thing continues till May 29th, 2015, when a new regime is sworn in, then I pity Abians and the incoming government.

I wonder why things are not working in this country.

Fayemi should be arrested by EFCC and made to pay Ekiti state workers their September salaries..

Jonathan, please sir, make this country to work. You have the power. God gave it to you.. Arrest Fayemi now.

Wealthy people in this country are not law abiding, they do as they like and get away with it. If Fayemi is allowed to go scot free, it means Abia government can keep owing Abia civil servants from September 2014 till May 2015 and nothing will happen. When are we going to start holding people in power accountable ?
[/s]

There's nothing like refusing to pay, government is continuum..

Whatever allocation that was delayed back in September is now in Fayose's hands so the clown and comedic joker called Fayose should sit his asss down and start governing like he was elected to do.

1 Like

Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by EndtimeBlessing: 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
I may be saying this on a wrong forum, but this style of governance does belittle our fathers.
What we want is a government that will empower people to know how to fish and create the right environment for fishing to flourish.
Mr. governor,
Please take this stomach infrastructure mentality to the less privilege and provide good governance to people instead of rice and chicken handouts.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
datribune:

Pls explain urself.

Ironsi established the unitary system out of political ignorance that people like Ojukwu criticized him that Nigeria is not a military parade ground.

But Awo encouraged Gowon to retain(keep) and strengthened the unitary system.

In 1969 the petroleum act was decreed making any oil found in any part of Nigeria , FG property

What was Awo's stand on that act.?

After the war, did Awo insist on reversal of that decree.?
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
EndtimeBlessing:
I may be saying this on a wrong forum, but this style of governance does belittle our fathers.
What we want is a government that will empower people to know how to fish and create the right environment for fishing to flourish.
Mr. governor,
Please take this stomach infrastructure mentality to the less privilege and provide good governance to people instead of rice and chicken handouts.

The present system is the bane of our underdevelopment
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by datribune: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2014
anonimi:

Don't get it twisted. Ironsi met a federation wit regions. On assumption of power, he promulgated Decree 34 of 1966, which abrogated d federal system & substituted it wit a unitary system.
Gowon abrogated Ironsi's decree 34 & divided d country into 12 states.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by arowolobioyinbo: 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
But Fayose recieved the September allocation. Ekiti kete are not happy at all.
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by StealthyMe(m): 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
Stomach Infrastructure over everything!!! grin

Dem neva sabi! Oshoko baba...carry on jare!

Politrickcians cheesy ...
Re: No September Salary For Now, Fayose Tells Ekiti Workers by realnaijaa: 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2014
Enice:
na today dem start deduction for payment of bond and interest? If fayemi has been surviving before now, then whyt can fayose? The man is either clueless like his pay-master in abuja or has refused to pay due to his intention to fund the campaign of his master. Period

Abey no mind am. Fayemi never took 50 billion naira. He only collected 25 billion and mind u he as been paying back 400million naira every month back to SEC for over 3 years. He got an award from the same sec as the only governor that was diligent in terms of load payment mind you the bond was for over 15 years of which fayemi as already paid back over 14 billion. These are facts that can be verified from SEC.
Forget all the propaganda. He was still the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

VIDEO: Kwarans Boo, Praise APC Guber Candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq / Boko-Haram Militants Flood Gombe, Bauchi / Protest Against Social Media Bill Heading To National Assemby (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.