Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,374 members, 7,861,029 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:25 PM

Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy (1236 Views)

Revealed: Why Lagos Women End Up Being Single Mothers / Why So Afraid? / Why Are Some Christian Guys So Afraid To Approach A Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 2:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
This thread is a counter to mizmycoli’s

This article will be divided into four headings

1. What have we always known love to be?
My dictionary describes love as a strong feeling of deep affection for somebody or something. Have you noticed that when we talk about love, we don’t think about our mothers, or fathers, or siblings, or God, or a cute baby (awwwww) or an animal (for those who have the grace to see animals as anything but for food), in lieu, we imagine a member of the opposite sex. Let me tell you why… man (and woman) is naturally superselfish and superficial. Hence, has twisted love to suit himself (and herself). By and large, men crave for sex and women, money and or marriage. That is why when a man loves God, its nothing. When he loves his family, its obligatory, but when he loves a stranger of the opposite sex, then he is truly showing love! Furthermore, if he chooses not to show love to a stranger from the opposite sex, he is suddenly scared of love. God and your family cant give you the sex and money and marriage you desire, so showing love to them doesn’t really count as showing love. (what a perverted and selfish world we live in). Time has changed, so has the beautiful thing called love. Love in this century is now about meaninglessness and materialism. How much you hope to gain. We have been forced to believe love can only be shared with a member of the opposite sex – nothing could be further from the truth. Love is now a ruse to get what we desire from another. I would have loved to continue but let me spare you further excruciating details. In a nut shell, love in this generation is just a scheme to get what you want (which are usually things your family cant give you only a member of the opposite sex) and love can ONLY be shared with another man’s daughter or son.

2. What love really is…
Contrary to popular belief, women do not hold the true meaning or definition of love. They neither created it nor have a conclusive say about it. Love was created by God and his word concerning love remains our standard. What does the Bible say about love (1 Corinth. 13:4)…? “Love is patient, love is kind, love doesn’t envy, love doesn’t boast, love isn’t proud….” Who was the first person who came to your mind? I bet one of my balls it was a family member (and God too if you read your Bible very well). The most assured place of finding true love is in your family (and unfortunately it’s the most neglected place, because as self centered people, our family is in no position to give us what we desperately want). Love is a beautiful thing but most times, we go neurotic about finding it in the wrong place out of sheer desperation or selfishness and then we end up “heartbroken”. You cant go wrong sharing love with your family and God – pardon me for mentioning only family and God over and over again, they are the only people I know who genuinely have your best interest at heart, not one random stranger. To be loved by people who you mean a lot to is actually an awesome experience. wink

3. What does it mean to be single?
This isn’t something we don’t know so I wont dwell so much on it. Being single simply means not being in a relationship, not dating or married. Being single means not committing to one random stranger but yourself and your family, concentrating on your life and your career. Are you guys getting the idea? Being single is not a sin, its not a bad thing, its actually something good. Before I go to the next chapter, let me clear a wide spread misconception. Contrary to popular belief (feminine belief, mizmycolian belief grin), one can show love and remain single. Some people are myopic about being single while others are just goddam blind! That you are single doesn’t mean you are afraid to love. That you are single doesn’t stop you from showing love. As a matter of fact it allows you to show love to all.

4. Why should you celebrate being single?
Being single gives you all the time you need and allows you tom focus your energy on “yourself as a project” and your career. Generally speaking, singles are the least distracted people. Concerning singles and showing love, singles love more, love better, love in a self-respecting way. To those who have been heartbroken and are considering finding love where it doesn’t exist, know this – after love ends, life begins. Being single is no childs play, its not meant for the weak. Being single shows will, strength, independence. Being single is either disheartening or liberating – whatever you choose.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by kilokeys(m): 2:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
op doh o..

poor man dey talk say na kpomo sweet pass.

i wanna love o.. tired of this single status..
it will change in Jesus name come 2015.

op.. ur condition shall be permanent.. dont spoil our show.

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by yorex2011: 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Alright
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tags:Obinoscopy
Therealmrstan
Lalasticlala
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by ggrin(f): 2:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
You know,life is like a piece of wood, a plank...its rough,right?
It needs buffing to make it smooth
That's why its okay to get hurt at times or to feel downcast.but after that,as you go on,you'll slowly produce something..your own creation, yes your own creation kiss
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by Tallesty1(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
killjoy:
4. Why should you celebrate being single?
Being single gives you all the time you need and allows you to focus your energy on “yourself as a project” and your career. Generally speaking, singles are the least distracted people. Concerning singles and showing love, singles love more, love better, love in a self-respecting way. To those who have been heartbroken and are considering finding love where it doesn’t exist, know this – after love ends, life begins. Being single is no childs play, its not meant for the weak. Being single shows will, strength, independence. Being single is either disheartening or liberating – whatever you choose.
Your opinion on marriage sucks, you have been terribly misinformed and I can tell you that everything you have been told about relationship and marriage are lies.

NOW listen, having a good relationship is a far superior state of being than being alone, you know why? Because the Team #SingleandHappy ain't telling you the truth.

They are still human, Yeah, and you know that empty dull ache in your heart… you know it right? Good that is loneliness, and it sucks and they are all lonely.

They Feel Lonely, they are lonely.

Now listen, you and I and every other person reading this are constantly acted upon by invisible forces. They Make us do things when they are hard on us. It is these forces that force us to miss being with somebody. 4get #SingleandHappy. That's not true.

My advice to them is, If @45 you still don't feel like living with a man please don't buy a pet. I mean why subject an innocent animal to such pepertual torment just because it has nobody to speak for it?.

Pets keep us company in a way so if being single rocks your life and makes you happy. then you have no right to own pets.grincheesycheesycheesy
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tallesty1:
If I am not here, who will?grincheesycheesycheesy

lolzzzz
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by ritababe(f): 3:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mr killjoy are you a terminator sent to discourage us from marriage?
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by Generalkorex(m): 3:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
Passing by
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
ritababe:
Mr killjoy are you a terminator sent to discourage us from marriage?

u luk cute, and u stay in benin. give me ur number lets start sumfin
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by ritababe(f): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
killjoy:

u luk cute, and u stay in benin. give me ur number lets start sumfin

I thought you like been single
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
ritababe:

I thought you like been single
did i say i want to marry u? cant we just see and tok? plus, i wanna knw if u r cute on d inside as u r on d outside

1 Like

Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by AJ01(m): 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
I love counter thread grin
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 3:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
AJ01:
I love counter thread grin

dat makes d two of us grin grin
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by ritababe(f): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
killjoy:

did i say i want to marry u? cant we just see and tok? plus, i wanna knw if u r cute on d inside as u r on d outside

Am not thank you
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
ritababe:

Am not thank you

woreva jare...
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by TDstarr: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
always love your post bro@killjoy
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by mhyra(f): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Oh Lord..! change the op's mindset before this year runs out. please lord.. Let him see the reason Why relationships and marriages are actually good, Very good at that. in Jesus Name... AMEN!
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by Pdizzle(m): 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Legend Killjoy, just like Tai2
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 1:54am On Dec 29, 2014
TDstarr:
always love your post bro@killjoy

tnxxxxgrin
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by urheme: 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
Killjoy is better you experience the whole nine yards of relationship and marriage and see that it actually failed you before you decide to stay single forever,

Yes and i agree, marriage does sucks grin but those who have never been married said lonliness is worse and i wonder why becase marriage does not neccessarily take care of loneliness.

Would'nt u rather be single and lonely than to be married and be lonely.

But in all, is good to marry, you will never be a man if you don't, it is a higher responsibility.

I will never respect and trust an unmarried man, no matter how old and rich he is.

I was taught in my jurisprudence class on one hand that the law is an as...s and an idi.o...t, and a bachelor grin
You see say na the same mama born them.

I cannot predict a bachelor, i cannot stand surety for them, can't recommend a senior bachelor, can,t do biz with them and cannot allow my kids to run errands for them.

Killjoy no blame me oh, na the society attach so much value to marriage, no be me, i don gengenly marry con born children and no senior bachelor go send them msg the way him like
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 12:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
urheme:
Killjoy is better you experience the whole nine yards of relationship and marriage and see that it actually failed you before you decide to stay single forever,

Yes and i agree, marriage does sucks grin but those who have never been married said lonliness is worse and i wonder why becase marriage does not neccessarily take care of loneliness.

Would'nt u rather be single and lonely than to be married and be lonely.

But in all, is good to marry, you will never be a man if you don't, it is a higher responsibility.

I will never respect and trust an unmarried man, no matter how old and rich he is.

I was taught in my jurisprudence class on one hand that the law is an as...s and an idi.o...t, and a bachelor grin
You see say na the same mama born them.

I cannot predict a bachelor, i cannot stand surety for them, can't recommend a senior bachelor, can,t do biz with them and cannot allow my kids to run errands for them.

Killjoy no blame me oh, na the society attach so much value to marriage, no be me, i don gengenly marry con born children and no senior bachelor go send them msg the way him like

not entirely to my surprise, that is exactly wot the society thinks of unmarried guys. but i am not one to live my life based on the dictates of society. i am mentally strong enough to handle societal pressures.

btw wen i make my billions i wont need to send d kids of married men on errands grin grin grin attendants will show up at the snap of my fingers... dats the kind of man i will be sooner than later cool cool cool
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by urheme: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
killjoy:

not entirely to my surprise, that is exactly wot the society thinks of unmarried guys. but i am not one to live my life based on the dictates of society. i am mentally strong enough to handle societal pressures.

btw wen i make my billions i wont need to send d kids of married men on errands grin grin grin attendants will show up at the snap of my fingers... dats the kind of man i will be sooner than later cool cool cool

I hear you grin

Baba usman is not even a thousanaire but has 24 hours attendants even without snapping a finger.

Money does'nt neccessarily buy you slaves, can pay for good and bad services but you don,t need billions to command respect and have a good life,

Funny, all the billionaire i know are married even the most rascal ones still have family.

To stay single is a choice. I wish you luck in your bachelorhood.
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 1:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
urheme:

I hear you grin

Baba usman is not even a thousanaire but has 24 hours attendants even without snapping a finger.

Money does'nt neccessarily buy you slaves, can pay for good and bad services but you don,t need billions to command respect and have a good life,

Funny, all the billionaire i know are married even the most rascal ones still have family.

To stay single is a choice. I wish you luck in your bachelorhood.

lolzzzzz tanchu jare
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by Morkavictor: 1:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Killjoy there is no truth in what you typed just the truth you what to believe.
Re: Why So Afraid Of Being Single? By Killjoy by killjoy(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Morkavictor:
Killjoy there is no truth in what you typed just the truth you what to believe.

*shrugs* the truth's the truth nonetheless

(1) (Reply)

What The Ladies Have Done In The Name Of Fashion / How Do I Break Up With My Gf? Love Her So Much / Who Was Not Fair? 1. The Husband, 2. The Wife Or 3. The Law ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.