Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG (36108 Views)

Obasanjo, Buhari, Gowon, Others Attend Jonathan’s Last Council Of State Meeting / Interim Govt: APC Has Evidence Against Jonathan, Says Fayemi / Buhari Planning To Smuggle New Certificate To INEC Through Backdoor – FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Sharksblow(m): 1:00am On Dec 30, 2014
The Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, on Monday, said a plot by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) to form an interim government has been uncovered.

The minister said this in Lagos at the launch of a book titled, ‘Watch the Watcher,’ written by an activist, Yinka Odumakin, in reaction to Obasanjo’s controversial book, ‘My Watch’.

Adesiyan said he had already directed the Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba; and the Department of State Service to arrest anybody that made inflammatory statements ahead of the 2015 elections.

He said, “Many of those in the APC are disgruntled PDP members who are no longer relevant and because they could not have their way, they have started to heat up the polity. They have said they will form a parallel government if they lose.

“I have already told the IG and the DSS to arrest anybody making such mutinous and inflammatory statements.”

Adesiyan said his suspicion was fuelled by a threat by the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that the APC would form a parallel government if the 2015 general elections were rigged.

He added, “Obasanjo is already planning to install an interim government with Buhari. But we will vote and we will work with whoever wins the election.”

Adesiyan, who was detained in 2003 for the murder of the Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, said the former President was vindictive and was fighting Jonathan because he (Jonathan) had refused to be used by him.

The minister, who was later freed over Ige’s murder, said Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s running mate because he felt he could control him but his plans backfired.

The minister said, “He picked a President that was sick and while we were campaigning for the President, he (Yar’Adua) was always in Germany receiving treatment. While many were lobbying for the VP slot, Obasanjo picked a gentleman, Goodluck Jonathan, who had no strong political base so that he could control him.

“Unfortunately for Obasanjo, God had a better plan and Jonathan refused to be used. Obasanjo, being the man that he is, has now teamed up with Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar to snatch power but Tinubu will outsmart him because we Osun people are smart. Ask Tinubu, he is my brother, from my state. He is from Iragbiji while I am from Ode-Omu.”

The Director of Communications, Buhari Campaign Organisations, Dele Alake, said it was silly for anyone to say that Buhari was plotting the emergence of an interim government when Buhari was also participating in the presidential election.

He said, “It must have dawned on Nigerians that the PDP don’t have any answer to the multifarious problems plaguing Nigeria and that is why they have resorted to mudslinging and character assassination.

“If Buhari was planning an interim government, why would he be running for President in the first place? I think sanity has taken leave from them.

“Buhari remains the only viable solution to the quagmire that Nigeria has fallen into and it will take a disciplined person like Buhari to straighten things out.”

When contacted, a source close to Obasanjo, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it was only the ex-president that could react to the allegation.

The source told our correspondent on the telephone, “It is only Baba that can react to the matter.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-buhari-planning-interim-govt-fg/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by menix(m): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2014
Hope d interim govt wuld giv us Biafra cous I haf tired 4 diz kountry..

Modified:
No wonder I had a dream were i drank Tandi nd ate agidi jollof not knowing its an achievement in d waiting..
FTC is d achievement tongue
As we go into 2015 may u dream of drinking Tandi nd eating agidi jollof cous its ur year of gr8 accomplishment....

69 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by menesheh(m): 1:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Stupid at the highest point of it

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by menesheh(m): 1:14am On Dec 30, 2014
Interim what,
If i hear

That is the beginning of the end of Nigeria.

Then every region will be free to leave the useless name Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by agabusta: 1:35am On Dec 30, 2014
Someone pls tell me why the PDP and their cohorts are trying to use blackmail to gain support? I think they are finally seeing the handwriting on the wall and they are getting desperate!!

After all the abuses and castigation they subjected Buhari to, they discovered that it is not working and now they want to try another method. The level of propanganda they are even playing is pathetic to say the least. This is capable of throwing the country into confusion and chaos.

Imagine such desperation to the extent that their paid online goons are now using Islamic cleric's picture that is readily available on the internet to create social media accounts, and then proceeding to making inciteful comments with those accounts just to get christians worked up and hateful of muslims. Is that not wicked and devilish?

With the level of desperation being displayed, it is getting obvious by the day, that the govt of Jona needs to be shown the door. And with this level of desperation, I wont be surprised if an independent investigation panel indicts GEJ's govt for this Boko Haram wahala.

And imagine this one, a dumb and talkative Minister (who had earlier undergone trial for murder) stating that he has told the IG and DSS to arrest people making certain comments, who does he think he is?? Someone pls enlighten me. Does a Minister have a command over the IG and DSS. The level of impunity in this administration seems to know no bounds. Very sad I must say.

303 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by bamidele029: 1:39am On Dec 30, 2014
Adesiyan, who was detained in 2003 for the murder of the Minister of Justice

162 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2014
Anything to make the Otuoke born return back to Bayelsa next year would suffice grin
Sai Buhari

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by chamboy(m): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2014
This Guy killed My Uncle
.. The More Reason we hate PDP

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by yibomustgo(m): 2:11am On Dec 30, 2014
Sharksblow:
The Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, on Monday, said a plot by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) to form an interim government has been uncovered.

The minister said this in Lagos at the launch of a book titled, ‘Watch the Watcher,’ written by an activist, Yinka Odumakin, in reaction to Obasanjo’s controversial book, ‘My Watch’.

Adesiyan said he had already directed the Inspector General of Police, Suleiman Abba; and the Department of State Service to arrest anybody that made inflammatory statements ahead of the 2015 elections.

He said, “Many of those in the APC are disgruntled PDP members who are no longer relevant and because they could not have their way, they have started to heat up the polity. They have said they will form a parallel government if they lose.

“I have already told the IG and the DSS to arrest anybody making such mutinous and inflammatory statements.”

Adesiyan said his suspicion was fuelled by a threat by the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, that the APC would form a parallel government if the 2015 general elections were rigged.

He added, “Obasanjo is already planning to install an interim government with Buhari. But we will vote and we will work with whoever wins the election.”

Adesiyan, who was detained in 2003 for the murder of the Minister of Justice, Chief Bola Ige, said the former President was vindictive and was fighting Jonathan because he (Jonathan) had refused to be used by him.

The minister, who was later freed over Ige’s murder, said Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the late President Umaru Yar’Adua’s running mate because he felt he could control him but his plans backfired.

The minister said, “He picked a President that was sick and while we were campaigning for the President, he (Yar’Adua) was always in Germany receiving treatment. While many were lobbying for the VP slot, Obasanjo picked a gentleman, Goodluck Jonathan, who had no strong political base so that he could control him.

“Unfortunately for Obasanjo, God had a better plan and Jonathan refused to be used. Obasanjo, being the man that he is, has now teamed up with Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar to snatch power but Tinubu will outsmart him because we Osun people are smart. Ask Tinubu, he is my brother, from my state. He is from Iragbiji while I am from Ode-Omu.”

The Director of Communications, Buhari Campaign Organisations, Dele Alake, said it was silly for anyone to say that Buhari was plotting the emergence of an interim government when Buhari was also participating in the presidential election.

He said, “It must have dawned on Nigerians that the PDP don’t have any answer to the multifarious problems plaguing Nigeria and that is why they have resorted to mudslinging and character assassination.

“If Buhari was planning an interim government, why would he be running for President in the first place? I think sanity has taken leave from them.

“Buhari remains the only viable solution to the quagmire that Nigeria has fallen into and it will take a disciplined person like Buhari to straighten things out.”

When contacted, a source close to Obasanjo, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said it was only the ex-president that could react to the allegation.

The source told our correspondent on the telephone, “It is only Baba that can react to the matter.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-buhari-planning-interim-govt-fg/

I love the last three paragraphs and I approve of it. Dele Alake should be spokeman for APC. He would be better spokesperson than Lai Muhammed.

16 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by yibomustgo(m): 2:12am On Dec 30, 2014
bamidele029:
Adesiyan, who was detained in 2003 for the murder of the Minister of Justice

gringringrin

People who say GEJ surrounds himself with criminal elements are not lying afterall. grin

187 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by chamboy(m): 2:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Only a fool surrounds himself with fools

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmm!

This is serious!

Eleyi gidi gan!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by egift(m): 2:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan is getting desperate by the day. How can one man be this greedy. When he is voted out, he should go home and stop forcing his failure on Nigerians.

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 30, 2014
I never took Obasanjo as a serious man any day. He knew soon as his third term ambition was over he had to find a way to hold on to power hence his support for the 'weakling' Jonathan. Little did he know God raises his soldiers mysteriously.

Jonathan has refused to be used by obasanjo and it's seriously frustrating the old man. See obasanjo running his mouth like a tap, throwing lies left, right and centre.. undecided

Interestingly, in his book he was the only upright man! The rest were either corrupt or termed 'aparo'...

I so love Jonathan, the 'clueless' one that's giving the 'clueful' ones headache. The silent achiever that has revived our train stations, renovated the airports and spearheaded agricultural reforms.

All done despite the North bombing themselves back to the stone ages. Something obasanjo could not do in a peaceful political atmosphere for 8 years!!!

Obasanjo is frustrated, he don write letter... Bros Jonathan ignore am... smiley, na him own daughter deal with am...talk of Waterloo.

He write book... Jonathan ignore am... smiley, na he fellow soldier dey answer am after 'aparo' (soyinka) don insult obasanjo full generation grin

By the time Jonathan don finish with am en, e go act season film, season 1 and 2 grin cheesy... Obasanjo never see anything yet.

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by egift(m): 2:43am On Dec 30, 2014
[img]http://ireporterstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/You-Are-a-failure-Governor-Kwankwaso-Alhaji-Abdul-Jelili-Adesiyan.jpg[/img]

“The candidate of the PDP was arrested for killing Ige. He was arrested and detained,” said the former governor. He added: “The national secretary of the [PDP], Professor Wale Oladipo, was also detained in connection with the killing. The Minister of Police Affairs, Jelili Adesiyan, was also detained.
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/05/bola-ige%E2%80%99s-accused-killers-now-jonathans-friends%E2%80%94ex-governor-oyinlola

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by braine(m): 2:48am On Dec 30, 2014
PDP sounding stupider every day. What a pity. They should start by arresting Asari Dokubo, then I'll take them seriously.

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2014
Keneking:
Anything to make the Otuoke born return back to Bayelsa next year would suffice grin
Sai Buhari

you dont have d slightest idea of what you arw asking for!

The thread holding "one" Nugeria is at verge of snapping.

You guys can speed it up!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by tit(f): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2014
egift:
[img]http://ireporterstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/You-Are-a-failure-Governor-Kwankwaso-Alhaji-Abdul-Jelili-Adesiyan.jpg[/img]

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/05/bola-ige%E2%80%99s-accused-killers-now-jonathans-friends%E2%80%94ex-governor-oyinlola

But obasanjo who called just to confirm the death of bola ige has not been questioned about his involvement in the death of Bola Ige.
All true sons of Oduduwa shold join hands and bring obasanjo in for questioning over this matter of Bola Ige's murder!

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by egift(m): 2:55am On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:
you dont have d slightest idea of what you arw asking for!

The thread holding "one" Nugeria is at verge of snapping.

You guys can speed it up!

Nothing will happen to Jonathan. Election will come and go, start organizing his reception for Jonathan in Bayelsa.

And for anything happening, stop disgracing yourself, nothing will happen - if we here fim, anyi eti e gi igba.. We are aware some Jonathan's supporters are backing him hoping that he misrule Nigeria so badly it will break.

In 2015, it is Buhari All The Way! Say no to Corruption.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by LogicPower(m): 2:56am On Dec 30, 2014
agabusta:
Someone pls tell me why the PDP and their cohorts are trying to use blackmail to gain support?

Well, the answer is simple; it is extremely difficult for supporters of a president as clueless as GEJ to find anything else to base his re-election campaign on, apart from exploiting religious, ethnic or regional sentiments and creating fear among the people, and cheap blackmail and mischief such as this!

But unfortunately for them, none of these cynical tactics seem to be working, as a result of which they get more desperate by the day.

Pathetic lot!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by egift(m): 3:01am On Dec 30, 2014
tit:
But obasanjo who called just to confirm the death of bola ige has not been questioned about his involvement in the death of Bola Ige.
All true sons of Oduduwa shold join hands and bring obasanjo in for questioning over this matter of Bola Ige's murder!

What is Jonathan doing about it? Or 6 years is not enough to send an invitation? Instead he has sent 5 Governors to go and prostrate.

When it come to OBJ and GEJ, below is what happen in 2011. Now he is swimming and clinging on IBB.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1980723_gejobj_jpeg199b8990923041240765895d770bda1d

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by tit(f): 3:01am On Dec 30, 2014
buhari and obsanjo are the two biggest theives in Nigeria.
buhari and obsanjo stole NNOC 4.9 billion naira in 1975
and said they could not find buyer for nigeria oil!

buhari again teamed up with abacha to steal the remaining money!
fortunately or unfortunately, abacha die.
that is why buhari say "Abacha is not quorrupt!"

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by tit(f): 3:03am On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

What is Jonathan doing about it? Or 6 years is not enough to send an invitation? Instead he has sent 5 Governors to go and prostrate.

When it come to OBJ and GEJ, below is what happen in 2011. Now he is swimming and clinging on IBB.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1980723_gejobj_jpeg199b8990923041240765895d770bda1d

obsanjo has never delivered his electoral ward to PDP!
not in 1999.
not in 2003
not in 2007
not in 2011.
now he has joined apc,
he surely wont deliver his ward for apc.
like his brother-in-crime buhari, they will lose together in 2015.
february is not too far just wait and see.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by egift(m): 3:12am On Dec 30, 2014
tit:
obsanjo has never delivered his electoral ward to PDP!
not in 1999.
not in 2003
not in 2007
not in 2011.
now he has joined apc,
he surely wont deliver his ward for apc.
like his brother-in-crime buhari, they will lose together in 2015.
february is not too far just wait and see.

Denying OBJ's role in making Jonathan who he is today goes a long way to expose you. Jonathan will be voted out. The power lies on we the People.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by tit(f): 3:20am On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

Denying OBJ's role in making Jonathan who he is today goes a long way to expose you. Jonathan will be voted out. The power lies on we the People.

let your maker make olurin and oyinlola before he can talk.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by princeandex: 3:20am On Dec 30, 2014
GMB all the way

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by itsmine: 3:54am On Dec 30, 2014
in line wit d posture of fire-for-fire, d presidency keeps recruiting all manners of discredited criminals to its fold! Adesiyan d murderer! d old nest of murderers under Obj is being re-assembled. has jona forgotten dt d adedibu era has long gone in d southwest? d murder of ige will be avenged, may be soon may be later. dis elements can only bring more problems to pdp in d SW.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by adebayo201: 4:09am On Dec 30, 2014
it's only Baba that can react to the matter

this Baba ehn!
Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Burger01(m): 4:36am On Dec 30, 2014
Did i read 'Osun people are smart' in that rubbish

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by tomakint: 5:09am On Dec 30, 2014
This is getting interesting by the day, Obj is heading for the rocks and I am sure Jonathan will mess him up if he refuses to respect his hoary head undecided what a shameless old man he is!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by Kororugged231: 5:18am On Dec 30, 2014
A murderer is a Minister of Police Affairs. Lolzzzz. Shecow should be the minister of defense. Lmaooo Oga Jonathan.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, Buhari Planning Interim Govt —FG by omenka(m): 5:20am On Dec 30, 2014
These are the kind of senseless talk that make people dislike Jonathan even more. And imagine whom it is coming from! Surely, this sentiment would be shared by the police as well. Then some guy called Oliesa Metu would go running all over the place saying the APC has been trying to politicise security agencies.

Smh.

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State / 'El-Rufai Is Tyrannical': Suleiman Othman Hunkuyi / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.