Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads (5107 Views)

Gbenga Adeyinka Mocks Jonathan Over N10 Fuel Price Reduction / Governor Gbenga Daniel May Be Tried For The Murder Of Dipo Dina! / Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel, Speaker Dimeji Bankole, In "roforofo" Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Pataki: 7:42pm On Dec 15, 2008
Where is that congoshine to come and yarn his dust again?

The dual lane road of Kobape up to the Lagos-Sagamu Expressway developed by OGROMA is filled with potholes, yet he tells me OGD is performing. What rubbish.

He is thief and there is no other meaning to it. Let him keep on fighting with women here and there, it shows that the concern of the public is not his interest.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by congoshine(m): 9:09pm On Dec 15, 2008
Pataki:

Where is that congoshine to come and yarn his dust again?
The dual lane road of Kobape up to the Lagos-Sagamu Expressway developed by OGROMA is filled with potholes, yet he tells me OGD is performing. What rubbish.
He is thief and there is no other meaning to it. Let him keep on fighting with women here and there, it shows that the concern of the public is not his interest.
Pataki,are you on your period? Cos i really can't understand the hormonal imbalace you're going thru?

Can anybody with good knowledge of nigeria explain the strange(but real) concept of federal & state roads to this people?

Like i said the guy is not perfect,but his reputation certainly preceeds him. If you live along that road,don't worry,they get to your end soon,ok? tongue
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Pataki: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
congoshine:

Pataki,are you on your period? because i really can't understand the hormonal imbalace you're going through?

Can anybody with good knowledge of nigeria explain the strange(but real) concept of federal & state roads to this people?

Like i said the guy is not perfect,but his reputation certainly preceeds him. If you live along that road,don't worry,they get to your end soon,ok? tongue

Condomshine, how much has OGD paid you? Is this his latest tactics, employing cyber touts to defend his person online, or why is this OGD matter scratching your yansh this much? grin grin

What reputation preceeds him? The guy is not perfect, he should go and sit down and stop painting a picture of himself being the best person to have happened to the whole world.

How many times in a week does OGROMA fill up the potholes on that ''newly constructed road''? Does that defend your point of Federal and State road? Or what are you getting at basically? tongue
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by congoshine(m): 9:45pm On Dec 15, 2008
hey pally take am easy. .  . angry angry angry
I'm not a cyber tout ! angry

I've been impressed with OGD ever since he took Osoba head on & everyone agrees his 1st term was about the best across the country(I need not go into details).

I've been out of naija for some months now & its possible I may be commenting based on his past glory,but the guy definitely surpassed my expectations 2003-2007& I'm sure he has what it takes to take it even futher.

A good number of the roads that Lagos,Ogun work on are Federal roads,they then get mostly partial compensation from Big brother.

Tinubu took this problem to another level with his political sign boards announcing 'This Road is a Federal Road,being repaired by Lagos State,please bear with us'grin
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Pataki: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2008
Sure I will take it easy if you had not come inquiring whether I was on my period. angry angry

2003 when OGD came in, I was impressed. I campaigned heavily against Osoba who happened to be my neighbour for years. I was impressed with his resume, person and charisma. I thought to myself, Ogun State has come to change. And did it change? YES IT DID.

However, absolute power corrupts. He got himself intoxicated with that power, he lost touch with realities. He began his own forms of terror and corruption began. I remember I was once terrorized by his men on the road, I have forgotten the name he gave to those touts then. They are no more now though. Their headquaters used to be in the former governor's office in Oke-ilewo. Contracts been awarded began to favor his fan base from Lagos. When his commissioner for Information resigned back then, I knew he had lost it.

OGROMA his road pet project which was a laudable achievement then, has become a total rubbish. Or why have OGROMA and people are here complaining of bad roads in Ogun State? For all I care, he should not have bothered coming back to rig the last election.

He should have left when the ovation was the loudest.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by congoshine(m): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2008
Pataki:

Sure I will take it easy if you had not come inquiring whether I was on my period. angry angry
When u sef con de do likeperson we de do the thing grin grin grin

Pataki:

However, absolute power corrupts. He got himself intoxicated with that power, he lost touch with realities. He began his own forms of terror and corruption began. I remember I was once terrorized by his men on the road, I have forgotten the name he gave to those touts then. They are no more now though. Their headquaters used to be in the former governor's office in Oke-ilewo. Contracts been awarded began to favor his fan base from Lagos. When his commissioner for Information resigned back then, I knew he had lost it.

OGROMA his road pet project which was a laudable achievement then, has become a total rubbish. Or why have OGROMA and people are here complaining of bad roads in Ogun State? For all I care, he should not have bothered coming back to rig the last election.
If thisis true,then dats really sad. It begs the question - Is there any hope for Nigeria?

I certainly hope for all our sakes he gets back on track. wink Whateva happened to the gsm number he was getting sms from ythe public on?
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Pataki: 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2008
congoshine:

When u sef con de do likeperson we de do the thing grin grin grin
If thisis true,then that is really sad. It begs the question - Is there any hope for Nigeria?

I certainly hope for all our sakes he gets back on track. wink Whateva happened to the gsm number he was getting sms from ythe public on?
You no well oh. grin cheesy grin

I do not know what happened to all his GSM from the public, his village square meetings and all other sweet words which he employed back then. sad sad
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Fikiman: 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2008
I believe the reason why we are humans is to be able to believe what we see & not only what we are told. OGD is the master of CHEAP publicity & political cum economic propagandist. Some people 've never being to Ogun state, but fell in love with Ogd thru AIT & STV. There was crisis in Ota, it took my man days to declare state of emergency (don't ask of relieve materials) because NTA is not there. But during the recent Jos crisis Ogidi Omo sent materials to the state before Jonah Jang could ascertain the level of destruction in his state (no ill feeling) even CNN was on ground. Anyway lets face fact when we comment and I don't think I'll tow a line different from the Egba King - Road? Ogroma? OGD is below average.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by eddmo(m): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2008
why blaming OGD when your uncle obasanjo was there for 8 years what did he achieved for you people,abandoned sango otta road project, you foolishly selected her daughter who lack home training to represent you,and you have a suweebe called bankole who is the no 4 man in the country , yet your roads and area were not developed,ogun people you are like thorns in flesh of the yorubas just like anambras are to the igbos, you tasted power yet your kinmans do not even smell the winds of your dividends, its time we tell ourselves the truth,pls i m not painting any section black but only reeling past antecedent of power equation in our various tribe,leave OGD to developed his area afterall it is the place he will go retired and start enjoying his share of national cake.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by Kobojunkie: 12:43am On Dec 16, 2008
eddmo:

[size=13pt]why blaming OGD when your uncle obasanjo was there for 8 years what did he achieved for you people,abandoned sango otta road project, you foolishly selected her daughter who lack home training to represent you,and you have a suweebe called bankole who is the no 4 man in the country , yet your roads and area were not developed,ogun people you are like thorns in flesh of the yorubas just like anambras are to the igbos, you tasted power yet your kinmans do not even smell the winds of your dividends, [/size] its time we tell ourselves the truth,please i m not painting any section black but only reeling past antecedent of power equation in our various tribe,leave OGD to developed his area afterall it is the place he will go retired and start enjoying his share of national cake.

kai!!! see yabbing ooo!!!! roflmao!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by saintbiddy(m): 1:54am On Dec 16, 2008
I really don't mean to be stupid here but do u really think this stupid politicians care about what nigerians say about them on nairaland, all we have to do is pray everyday for God to let the right person who will lead our great country to the right place like rawlings of ghana come and help my fatherland and the greatest state in Nigeria where i am from OGUN STATE
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by klo: 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2008
well, all said and done . as a resident of ogun state there is no doubt that ogd has tried his best in turning the state capital abeokuta form a sleepy civil state to a vibrant and modern state capital we all can be proud of. no govt can meet all the demands of the people,
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by sherrylo: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
When the man started his campaign in 2003 he was giving out sewing and grinding machine, for free what did you expect?he was making an investment and must get his 1000percent gain.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by omofineboy(m): 7:49pm On Dec 17, 2008
am suprised some nairalanders said they are abeokuta residents and were praising ogd, let them comment on these roads: what happens to ago ka - saje road road, okesokori - totoro road, adatan - asero road, kuto- isabo road, okeyeke - Nawarudeen road, Ijaiye - idiaba road, all the mentioned roads are bad. The only road that OGD rehabilitated well is Lalubu Road and after the repair works, he named it after himself. LALUBU ROAD IS NOW GBENGA DANIEL ROAD check the fact.

Gbenga Daniel is intolerant and too fearful, he shakes at the slightest talk of the opponents. Abeokuta is the worst State capital in the Southwest even ekiti is better check the fact.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by prof2112: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2008
HAA BA! WEN BURU EWEN ENIYAN. KII GBENGA SE RUNWEN. This man is a God sent governor to Ogun state.He has worked for the progress of the state tremendously. During his own regime , a lot of new innovation in term of and industrialisaton of the state crops up. i belief most of u talking are not indigene of the state or you have not been going home; please try go home. The sango-ota road his federal government road ,why is it that our former president did not do it within 8yrs. i am from ijebu ife but my recent going home shows that there is government in Ogun.DONT let yourself be the destroyer of good thing. Try to see good thing in the man.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by landis(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2008
This man is a God sent governor to Ogun state

indeed!

what a country!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by kingud(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2008
ogun state governor shud take his time out to visit those thief he have appointed as contruction criminal, because those guy are doing stopid and usles wrk over there, since 2005 the governor said dat he is going to expand the AGO EXPRS ROAD up to date the road is under-construction, pls leaders u guy's shud find sometin to do cos men wil fight una, u have 3months left or ur life

tnks jus do as we have said
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by ochiaha1(m): 2:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
The whole roads in the country are in a terrible state of desrepair angry

I think we need a form of Annual Road Tax because the govt. may not be in a postion to build and maintain the whole of the roads in a state.

The revenue generated through the Road Tax can be monitored by each state Legislature and also through A Road users Consumers Association (RUCA) which will be under the direct control of the Infrastructure Concessioning Regulatory Commission ,ICRC, which has Chief Ernest Shonekan as its current chairman. This is similar to what obtains for GSM phone users who have the GSM Consumer Parliament which is regulated by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

The RUCA can also ensure that govt.gives adequate attention to roads for which funds have been budgeted for by the govt. to ensure that these roads are properly built, rather than their funds being mis-appropriated , as we have seen on many uncompleted road projects.

The proper maintenance of our roads, somehow, lies in our hands and we can act to make our roads and infrastures better or wait forever for the govt. to act in our interest.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by landis(m): 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2008
I think we need a form of Annual Road Tax because the govt. may not be in a postion to build and maintain the whole of the roads in a state.

indeed.

Like N300bill given to Annenih as Minister of works and nothing was done?

see the Big Picture.

It is dead horse.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by zoomzu(f): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2008
Congoshine must be one of his touts, if not he won't be defending intorlerable OGD.

I visit Abeokuta often, people voted for him in 2003 because they were tired of Osoba but in 2007, his foot soldiers recruited by B?a O??e, O??won, T??i Oi with the help of thier God father rigged the election in his favour but see what he's doing to th man now?

Go round abeokuta and see the billboard mounted at NNPC Mega Station, Ibara Round about etc, the amount spent on those board to make OGD feel important could have been spent on something meaningfull i.e trafic contol mechanism at Ibara round about etc.

I will work on posting the photograhs of those bill boards and portion bad roads for nairalanders to see.

Congoshine, howmany time has your OGROMA repaired Abeokuta-Sagamu road since construction. Your Gov. is a billionnaire before he became Gov. When did he built his Sagamu GRA house? Ijebu Ode house to mention but few,
God will judge them all with thier government of the few by the few and for the few,
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by ochiaha1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2008
landis:

indeed.

Like N300bill given to Annenih as Minister of works and nothing was done?

see the Big Picture.

It is dead horse.
grin cheesy grin

Indeed I can see the big picture, that is why I proposed that we have a Road Users Consumers Association (RUCA) guard against the continuous misappropriation of funds allocated for road repairs and maintenance.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by congoshine(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2008
zoomzu:

Congoshine must be one of his touts, if not he won't be defending intorlerable OGD.

I visit Abeokuta often, people voted for him in 2003 because they were tired of Osoba but in 2007, his foot soldiers recruited by B?a O??e, O??won, T??i Oi with the help of their God father rigged the election in his favour but see what he's doing to th man now? 

Go round abeokuta and see the billboard mounted at NNPC Mega Station, Ibara Round about etc, the amount spent on those board to make OGD feel important could have been spent on something meaningfull i.e trafic contol mechanism at Ibara round about etc.

I will work on posting the photograhs of those bill boards and portion bad roads for nairalanders to see.

Congoshine, howmany time has your OGROMA repaired Abeokuta-Sagamu road since construction. Your Gov. is a billionnaire before he became Gov. When did he built his Sagamu GRA house? Ijebu Ode house to mention but few,
God will judge them all with their government of the few by the few and for the few,
zoomzu,
Aren't u lettered? undecided

State your case without resorting to all these written drama. Take time to read my posts above ,ok?

OGD isn't performing now,abi? sad sad
Dats ur point? undecided
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by folkzy(f): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2009
The man is a thief!!!!He's an attention-seekers and all he likes doing is to waste the state money on media attention to show one out 1000 things the he carried out. I first thought the man was a decent, considertae man when I watched him on BEN TV @ home in England. little did I know till I arrived in Abeokuta and I saw the whole place and the way people were cursing him. I'm sure the curses will start to affect him and the rest gradually, bearing in mind that I'm not cursing them.

A little gist for u guys, are u aware that non of the governors ever fly with Virgin Nigeria/Nigeria Airways because of the corruption that they've all caused. You'll only see them in First class British Airways and Virgin Atlantics.
They don't send their children to school in Nigeria not even the private schools, they prefer abroad. Their chn spend money lavisly, buy cars as if it's clothes. If the govts abroad are so corrupts like they are, will there be a Great Britain, USA, etc? They buy massive houses in England with no mortgage to pay whereas hardworking Nigerians pay their mortgage include the Prime Ministers, MPs, etc.
Nigeria Govts disgust me, the roads are horrendous, have never seen any roads like that in England? a tiny pothole is fixed asap.
I think when corruption is non existence or little existence, then Nigeria, including, schools-education, road, healthcare, basic needs of people- Light, water will be good and advantageous to its citizens.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by oderemo(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2009
@folkzy

the same thing i have been saying frm day one that ogd is one hell of a xutherfuka,i drove thru abeokuta for days and was wondering where goes all this money. all u c is OGRO THIS OGRO THAT. THE whole of the city is filthy to high heaven. and about the man being rich be4 he became govt. like doing what. i hear about lift , well i can count how many lifts we have in nigeria talkless of 0gun. he is a disaster.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by multebrain(m): 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2009
OGIDI OMO IS REALLY WHAT HE CALLED HIMSELF AND THE GUY IS WORKING IN OGUN STATE BEFORE YOU TALK TO HIM I WANT YOU TO GO AND CHECK OGUNSTATE RECORED YOU WILL SEE THAT AFTER OLABISI ONABANJA HE IS THE ONLY MAN THAT HAS FUTURE AGENDA LOOK AT OBASANJO FOR EIGHT YEARS HE DO NOTHING IN ABEOKUTA AND HE COMES FROM ABEOKUTA DONT BLAME DANIEL IF HE CONCENTARTE ON SAGAMU ROAD HE IS FROM SAGAMU THAT IS WHY WHY CANT YOUR FATHER OBASANJO CONCENTRANTE ON OTTA ROAD INSTAED OF OTTA FARM ONLY THINK ABOUT THIS OGD IS SECURING OGUN FUTURE AGENDA OKAY
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by oderemo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2009
Your Gov. is a billionnaire before he became Gov

doing what if i may ask. and pls dont tell me about lift.
Re: Governor Gbenga Should Repair All Ogun State Commercial Roads by folkzy(f): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2009
@multebrain, nobody mentioned that Obasonjo did good things to Ogun State/Abeokuta, at least OBJ is not false advertising through media about what he has done to ABK, everyone knows that the only did OBJ did to ABK was to benefit his family by having lots of OBJ farms everywhere, i'm sure there r upto ten OBJ farms in Ogun State, maybe people will get unemployed though that and building a 45 bedroom house at GRA Ibara and OBJ housing estate.

The topic is about Gbenga Daniel not OBJ, so pls don't divert.

@Ode remo, i even heard OGD rigged the last poll-apparently Amosu should have won and as at Xmas that I was at ABK, i saw lots of billboard about OGD wanting to contest again for the next one. People are really cursing him.
What I don't understand is, why repair 5 out 10,000 things that needs repairing and you only keep showing the 2 things repeatedly on billboards, tv, radio, etc and emphasising on the yets to come which I doubt he will do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Christian Mafia Want Me Out Because I Am Muslim- Bankole / Why Does President Goodluck Jonathan Like Black Clothes - Suspicious / OMG! Policeman Ordered To Arrest This Woman Ended Up Spending Night In Her Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.