Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,289 members, 7,811,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (27745 Views)

FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
Hahahaha! Jezuz.

Dude, that $27m + $450m were supposed to be paid over a 25 year period. That is what fixed rate means. The actual interest is $27 million in interest?Meaning the yearly payment would be $19.08 million.

Now I see why Buhari cancelled the project; he must have hired an accountant like you. grin
Ok, like I said, you are the maths expert. You think if you go to a bank and borrowed $450m and over 25 years you will pay just $27m? We will all be billionaire now and own hundreds of houses. And why no nation ever pay off their debt. If you have ever bought a house using mortgage loan, you will know how it is done.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
major466:

For the records, Buhari never build a Single School when he was head of state.

So now it is Buhari did not build school?

Which school he go build? With a broke economy at that time.?

Shebi if he build school....and the debt profile rose as a result....you would be blaming him for making us indebted!

Kai....I don turn to Buhari defender o!(and me I want the man to go and rest....he has already been there before , weitn him forget for Dodan or Aso?)....all because people are criticizing him for not taking loans!?

The same loans that would have put us further in bondage to the same IMF you people love to hate.

Nigerians....this one don pass me!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by highcoin: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:
guy u no get signature
Have a video website on any topic like youtube.
See example at dmwtutor(dot)com
Email us at doffhat(at)gmail(dot)com
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by oweman: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
[quote author=noblezone post=29334392]Akinjide Attacks Buhari for Truncating Lagos Metroline Project!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akinjide-attacks-buhari-for-truncating-lagos-metroline-project/197960/
The hype about Buhari is his past records.
This too is part of it.
And "progressives", before you shout "propaganda", please put a call to your vision-less, clueless, myopic and bigotic messiah and ask him why he canceled it.
To all real Progressives, please keep the light burning!
Keep educating th gullible.
Victory is assured.
Let us consolidate the powerful gains of the las four years.
And please, don't get into any fight with any "progressive".
It is pointless, arguing with the blind about the colour of an electric bulb.
Cheers to all.

And since Buhari left over 20 years the rope he used in tying down the metroline has not been loosed for the pdp looting gang to start work on the project..
Akinjide you and your 2/3 father are the same .

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by cole265(m): 4:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
tejpot:
So this guys in Aso rock have us in mind. They seem to care about our daily hardship. They feel concerned about the gridlocks we face in traffic. Everybody know that Lagos is congested even a toddler. I won't extenuate the fact that its a heartless decision to cancel such a beneficial project even within such a short military regime. After all, his reason was succinctly stated. What I will emphasize however is how it has being impossible for the PDP to show such empathy on Lagosians in d new millenium having fully comprehended our untold hardships. To further aggravate the situation, the clueless president has done nothing to better our life by 1 bit and yet a jobless assistant minister is ranting on nothingness. Show me what GEJ has done in Lagos that pacifies the problems we face. This man is an alien, he is a disgrace to the Yoruba race. He didn't mention the sharp development the state has recorded unassisted. GMB till GEJ wakes up from cluelessness. CHANGE is tantamount to a new Nigeria.

Good response. Many kisses and a thousand likes.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by fuke(m): 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari did not stop this project, NPN government of Shagari did.

And they did for both political and ethnic reasons.

They didnt want Jakande to use the project as a political point and
they did not want the project to boost the economic level of the Yorubas.

So people should not call dog a bad name just to hang it.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
What do you expect from someone who's part of the govt? I'm sure she consulted her father on what to bring out from the past on Buhari, so as to justify her continue stay as minister.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by princeisoDeLaw(m): 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
lekhane:
It would have been better if only she can show us what GEJ has done for the southwest in the last six years to prove his love for the zone
. He has build a federal university ( federal university of oye ekiti), all d railway station in d south west are now working etc...

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by bjdon: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
What do you expect from a semi literate solider. Unlike many here who shout 'Sai Buhari' I was actually around during his reign and he did nothing of any substance. No vision for the country nothing. Just soldiers flogging people like animals. Is that what he wants to come back and do in 2015? Here is a man who refused to attend the oputa panel, what arrogance, yet he has the nerve to want to gain from the very democratic system that he truncated. He can contest 4 or 40 times the outcome will be the same.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by opoorookagbon(m): 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
Let be borrow response from a commentator (Joe_Political_Spectacle):

Buhari terminated the metro line and several other projects because we didn't have money to pay for them. IMF was asking Nigeria to borrow money and that we should also devalue our Naira; which was N1 = $2 then. Buhari refused to borrow more money, instead, he paid all our debts. Infact IMF put some trade embargo on Nigeria. Buhari resulted into trade by barter to keep the country running.

Let us just assume that it was a mistake that the metro line was terminated and that it would have made economical sense to borrow the money to construct the metro line. Buhari was in government for less than 2 years. Are we saying that the successful governments in the last 30 years have not considered it reasonable to build the metro line? Mr. Jonathan has been in government for 6 years and yet our minister wants to blame someone that served for less than 2years in 30 years ago.

This issue was raised in 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections, till today, PDP governments have refused to do something about it. They prefer to raise the issue every four, four years of election to give excuses for non performing or to deceive Nigerians. Dishonorable Mininster, shame on you! As Nigerians, we have learnt our lessons, 16 years of People Deceiving People is enough. We are voting for change, we are voting for Buhari! No deception! Tell us what you have been able to achieve in the last 6 years.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/blame-buhari-for-lagos-traffic-minister/
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by rhames(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:
Akinjide Attacks Buhari for Truncating Lagos Metroline Project!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akinjide-attacks-buhari-for-truncating-lagos-metroline-project/197960/

The hype about Buhari is his past records.
This too is part of it.

And "progressives", before you shout "propaganda", please put a call to your vision-less, clueless, myopic and bigotic messiah and ask him why he canceled it.

To all real Progressives, please keep the light burning!
Keep educating th gullible.
Victory is assured.
Let us consolidate the powerful gains of the las four years.

And please, don't get into any fight with any "progressive".

It is pointless, arguing with the blind about the colour of an electric bulb.
Cheers to all.

Before Ms Jumoke Akinjide starts spitting fire and brimestones from her mouth, let her be reminded that her father presided Chief Richard Akinjide, was part and parcel of the very people who brought this country on its knees since 1983. He was a frontline NPN member and legal adviser whose influence on the infamous 12 two third ruling of the Supreme Court in the 1983 elections and also clamoured for the Military to take over which brought Buhari to power. So shut your mandigus, madame. Your father was and is part of those who created Nigeria' current problem. Some Nigerians dont forget easily.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ilekeh:
How much did they pay this one?
Her dad sleeping at the last sovereign conference.

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by inspbado(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

anonimi u see the one above grin grin grin
how low can somebody think, GEJ air conditioned trains are running in lagos as i type, while fashola's own is still in canada.
so you are in Buhari mind to know he is coming to right your wrongs cheesy

My guy if una like demonise buhari pass dis one Wey una Ðĕÿ do, I and my ilk to bloody care!! Anybody is just better than this present govt and its useless pdp. When we elect buhari and his party and they fu@k up we go vote them out like we vote out pdp!! wink
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by jeje123(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
vanunu:

Is she how father, see how u reason.
Poor u meaningless sentence, mr man go and check ur brain box its seriously fault!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by jeje123(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
vanunu:

Is she how father, see how u reason.
Poor u meaningless sentence, mr man go and check ur brain box its seriously faulty!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:
If you have ever bought a house using mortgage loan, you will know how it is done.
Yes I have. Anything else?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by major466(m): 6:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

So now it is Buhari did not build school?

Which school he go build? With a broke economy at that time.?

Shebi if he build school....and the debt profile rose as a result....you would be blaming him for making us indebted!

Kai....I don turn to Buhari defender o!(and me I want the man to go and rest....he has already been there before , weitn him forget for Dodan or Aso?)....all because people are criticizing him for not taking loans!?

The same loans that would have put us further in bondage to the same IMF you people love to hate.

Nigerians....this one don pass me!
Buhari failed all his exams because he hates school. Reason why he never bothered about building more schools in the first place when he was head of state. If he was educated enough, he wouldn't have cancelled a capital project like the Lagos metro line with massive economic benefits on the alter of debt.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

With a broke economy?

(
We did not have the money. Simples.
You guys are funny. Broke economy yet development continued in Abuja. During that broke economy quite a number of capital projects especially in the north were initiated and seen to completion.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by ochejagabriel: 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2014
lekhane:
It would have been better if only she can show us what GEJ has done for the southwest in the last six years to prove his love for the zone
Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,
Omotosho Power Plant
Speedy funding for EKO Atlantic Project
Rehabilitation of Rail lines
Car Manufacturers are setting up shop in the SW e.g Yamaha, Nissan, etc

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by dhidden: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=24]when did akinjide become a politician? and which party does she belongs? and how much did her boss pay her?[/size]
shocked

Small boys on the prowl. $500 mill would have passed through banks meaning there are records. At best, you would have asked for that instead of dismissing a valid point as trash. Buhari is not corrupt yet he was ready to throw away $500 mill as fine for breach of contract just so he slowed down development in lagos state/south west. What a wicked heart and a leopard never changes its spot. I repeat, God is in control and let us remember that God's definition of change is not man's definition. Argue all you can, our ways are not His ways! We are in for a big surprise and there is peace in my heart.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by emeka2847: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
homesteady:
Is it rea0lly true? shocked shocked

HOW CAN IT BE TRUE?
MEANWHILE THE WOMAN NO EVEN TALK HOW SW PEOPLE ARE ABSENT IN JONATHAN'S GOVERNMENT.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by agabaI23(m): 8:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kingsimmer:
NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!!
No, it is not true. He still maintains that none of his actions then was in error. He still defends them. The reason he gave for cancelling the project then was that he didn't want to borrow more. So if he wins (God forbid) then he will cancel any project outside of the north that involves borrowing like the Lagos metro project again.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
siraj1402:
No one can tell me one side of any story without me hear the other side.Nevertheless, when you have two evils you have to choose a lesser one.Unknown angel of GMB is better than a known devil of GEJ.

Whether you want to believe it or not is immaterial because it happened and it made me hate Buhari when it did. Am happy this woman brought it up. Buhari did it for his hatred for anything SW. The fool prefered to waist $500m in addition to $60m already paid just out of hatred for a progressive people. Same way he callously jailed our politicians unjustifiably. Again during his watch at PTF his main area of concentration was the north as against the south. Anyway, like the madam rightly said, Buhari is used to failure and will fail again.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kingsimmer:
NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!!

Show me which leopard had changed its skin.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ilekeh:
How much did they pay this one?

Nothing because she is not an agent of propaganda.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Blurry:
Who in his right senses will stop a project and go ahead to pay the same amount to the company handling it as a penalty.

Oya GMB supporters, please provide your principal's side to this tale.

If this is true....then we need another messiah. GMB aint one!

Buhari has never been in his right senses. What do you make of a military head of state who got wind of a planned coup against him, then invited the fingered villain for a chat and flew out of the country ? .
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
Vikkie14:
Hmm... Shey this one na REVELATION abi ALLEGATION?
If GMB did this to SW, then he's callous. I can't imagine something of this magnitude could be "Ethnicized". Isn't that why we aint progressing as a nation?
BTW, WHAT IS PROGRESSIVE ABOUT BUHARI if he did this? Why are we now calling him Progressive?

And GMB is asking for my Vote in SW!!!
And someone would be shouting CHANGE and PROGRESSIVE for my ear.

For the records, Buhari did it. I was a living witness. Jakande, the man at the receiving end is still alive. When Buhari's soldiers went to Jakande's house to arrest him, his wife told them to go look for him in his office. They went and met him at his table working !
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
homesteady:
Is it really true? shocked shocked

Yes, its a fact that can be verified from records.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PenSniper: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2014
moscobabs:
WE GO STILL VOTE BUHARI

if una like make google tell una say na buhari kill your grandpa

he go still win in 2015

Yes, as long as satan will always have followers, goons will always vote for Buhari which is why he remains a serial loser.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Dewze(m): 9:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
tejpot:
....CHANGE is tantamount to a new Nigeria.

You call Buhari a "New" Nigeria?

NOTE
I though stand strongly by this; who or whatever the people want, they should be allowed to have and nothing or no one else should be forced on them. If the people want GMB, GEJ should not be forced on them. If the people want GEJ, GMB should not be forced on them. This is Dewz's political stance.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Goke7: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
A minister of the federal republic of nigeria should not be seen iciting a particular region of the country against someone from another region of the same country. When are we going to have true patriots as leaders?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Edoblakky(m): 10:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
fuke:
Buhari did not stop this project, NPN government of Shagari did.

And they did for both political and ethnic reasons.

They didnt want Jakande to use the project as a political point and
they did not want the project to boost the economic level of the Yorubas.

So people should not call dog a bad name just to hang it.
It seems either you weren't born then or you were an infant. Though I'm not supporting anyone I can tell you that truly Buhari cancelled that project. When Buhari hijacked power then, he imprisoned all the elected southern governors and claimed they were all corrupt without trying anyone of them. He imprisoned my governor Ambrose Alli and cancelled the free education we were enjoying claiming Nigeria could not afford it. By and large, Buhari as a dictator was more of a harm than help. It's possible he has changed but many will never forgive him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Photos From A Foiled Suicide Bomb Attack At University Of Maiduguri Today / Names Of The Justices Of The 2019 Presidential Election Petition(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.