Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,234 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (27736 Views)

FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by vigasimple(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Foresight is the first requirement of great leaders. Vision and adequate research are the new components.
With all due respect to Gen. Bhuari, he lacks any of the above.

The economic benefits of the metro rail far outway the short economic challenges of the time.

it is now 31 years later, which means the debt would have been fully paid.

Gen.Bhuari is a voodoo economist. He never run a business in his entire life only relying on salary and his cows.

There is a different between good and bad debts. Bhuari doesn't know this. Debt on capital investment especially things like railway is huge in economic value and growth potential.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by tejpot(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
Dewze:

You call Buhari a "New" Nigeria?
It's a fact indubitably stated!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
Yes I have. Anything else?
So you bought a house worth $450k and over 25 years a bank allowed you pay an interest of just $27k? You must show me that generous charity bank.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by babestella: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

SincereNigerian....have you forgotten that the reason why we could not invest in a rail project at the time was that we did not have the money?

First...the oil price had dropped in 1982.

Second, the economy was in a shambles thanks to Shagari and company.

Third....starting the project would have involved taking a hefty loan....which we won't have been able to pay back...and would have added to our already heavy debt profile. (In 1985...IBB rejected the IMF loan to popular acclaim....unfortunately it led us to SAP).

And with our economy the way it was....with the fall in oil prices...I doubt any state would have been able to start and complete a metro project.

(GEJ was able to do major rail works thanks to the high oil prices. If there were no high oil prices....no one would be talking of rail revolution).

Abeg....Buhari has a lot to be criticized for.......but on this matter....he has shown prudence. We did not have the money at the time.....and taking a loan would have been disastrous....we would still have been paying it back....and people like you would be condemning Buhari for plunging us deeper into debt.

Just listen to yourself, you should be ashamed for going to school and not being able to learn anything. Show me a country without debt.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by babestella: 12:23am On Dec 31, 2014
Buhari is a terrorist
Buhari is an arsonist
Buhari is a murder initiator.
Buhari is an unrepentant supporter of terrorism
Buhari lack viable and sustainable economic vision.
Buhari is anti democracy.
Buhari is a religious bigot seeking to execute islamic agenda in Nigeria
buhari is pretentious and deceptive
buhari does not even have a company that employs, meaning that he cannot create or sustain wealth
Buhari is evil.

Warning: associate with him at your own peril. You have been warned. Do not vote for buhari. We need a change, buhari is not the change we want.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by preselect(m): 1:46am On Dec 31, 2014
yungcyrus:
Buhari go to Asylum puleess!

GEJ till mikel obi win African best
shocked shocked shocked
uhm, that's like saying GEJ for life/forever
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:14am On Dec 31, 2014
Eziachi:
So you bought a house worth $450k and over 25 years a bank allowed you pay an interest of just $27k? You must show me that generous charity bank.
I think I am speaking English here and you really should quit already. If you indeed must know, yes I bought a house worth $220k at 9% interest for 25 years. Your assignment is to calculate the interest. wink
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by yungcyrus(m): 3:32am On Dec 31, 2014
preselect:

shocked shocked shocked
uhm, that's like saying GEJ for life/forever
OBI go win am 2019
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 31, 2014
babestella:

Just listen to yourself, you should be ashamed for going to school and not being able to learn anything. Show me a country without debt.

Aye....and counties should also be wise in how they choose their debt.

Best not to make debt larger, don't you think?

You politicians should think of better arguments.You are the same people who blasted Fashola for taking a loan, and incurring debt....and now you blast Buhari for not taking a loan.

Won't you chaps make up yer mind.

As for me....best to have limited debt.....limited liabilities for my poor children.

Oh and....you can make your arguments better without abuse. You know that.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 31, 2014
Edoblakky:
It seems either you weren't born then or you were an infant. Though I'm not supporting anyone I can tell you that truly Buhari cancelled that project. When Buhari hijacked power then,[b] he imprisoned all the elected southern governors and claimed they were all corrupt without trying anyone of them. [/b]He imprisoned my governor Ambrose Alli and cancelled the free education we were enjoying claiming Nigeria could not afford it. By and large, Buhari as a dictator was more of a harm than help. It's possible he has changed but many will never forgive him.

Now that is not true @ the bolded.

(And I don't like Buhari....I think he has no business being in Aso Rock....wetin him forget for Dodan?)

Buhari also jailed a lot of Northern politicians and governors.

He also gave one Southern governor a clean bill of health....and freed him. (Pa Michael Ajasin of Ondo State.).

Infact, all together 500 people were tried and jailed by Buhari.....from across the country.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by chrisemy01: 8:33am On Dec 31, 2014
No evil is necessary, never.
9jacrip:
That Buhari guy comes off as a sketchy person.

Claiming to have not perpetrated corruption only makes him suspect much more plus the fact that he wants to 'fight' corruption yet he's dining with and hoping to assume the seat of power with the help of the type of folks he wants to 'fight'? How contradictory!

I foresee a fight against corruption targeted at members of other parties and not the renowned harbingers of corrupt practices in his party.

To me, Buhari was just so good that he must have covered his tracks and footprints of corruption.

---- Jonathan is bad but a necessary evil.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by mikolo80: 9:07am On Dec 31, 2014
iamchiddy:
Why can't these people see that this their politics of blackmail is not working? The more they try to cast aspersions and smear the image of this man with their lies the more they endear him to our hearts.

Sai Buhari 2015.
a drowning man will grasp at straws .abeg make dem no stop,make dem continue de give the man free publicity make him star de rise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2014
chrisemy01:
No evil is necessary, never.

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=mamajohn post=29335241]Omo Baba 12 2/3, Jumoke can talk now, isn't she the same woman that couldn't win senatorial primary but now made minister by GEJ
Don't worry, your eyes will clear when your boss is sent packing on February 14, 2015, shameless prostitute![/quote

So you could actually use such derogatory language on a fellow woman without any justifiable reason....i mean nothing can actually justify such depraving vulgarity.

BTW, do u have any evidence of her prostitution. Can't you disagree with her without resorting to abusive language? It baffles me when supposed graduates and gentlemen/ladies act in such discourtesy. As matured and educated people, We are supposed to be modest and courteous in our actions and speech

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
mamajohn:
Omo Baba 12 2/3, Jumoke can talk now, isn't she the same woman that couldn't win senatorial primary but now made minister by GEJ
Don't worry, your eyes will clear when your boss is sent packing on February 14, 2015, shameless prostitute!

So you could actually use such derogatory language on a fellow woman without any justifiable reason....i mean nothing can actually justify such depraving vulgarity.

BTW, do u have any evidence of her prostitution. Can't you disagree with her without resorting to abusive language? It baffles me when supposed graduates and gentlemen/ladies act in such discourtesy. As matured and educated people, We are supposed to be modest and courteous in our actions and speech
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
2tek:
Funny but true.
in NIGERIA
Vice President -North.
Senate President -North
Speaker House of Reps - North.
PDP National Chairman - North.
Head of Service - North.
INEC Chairman - North.
Inspector General of Police - North.
Chief Justice of federation - North.
President Court of Appeal - North.
EFCC Chairman - North.
President Federal high court - North.
National Security Adviser - North.
Chief of Defense Staff - North.
Chief of Naval Staff - North.
Controller, Customs
Service - North.
Defence Minister-North.
Education Minister- North.
MD Port Authority- North.
MD NDIC - North
Controller Prison Services - North.
richest man in africa - North.
85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria - Northerners.
80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria - Northerners.
99% of beggars in Nigeria - Northerners
99% of Boko Haram and their sympathizers- North.
The region that wants power by fire by force - North.
The region that has ruled Nigeria for the longest years 38years - North
Yet, the Poorest states in Nigeria and Educationally
backward areas in Nigeria are in the North. Now, ask yourself, what is the problem of the Northerners? Keep forwarding till it get to all their leaders may be they will have to re-think....
CAN YOU IMAGINE? ?
FEAR NORTH
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
emeka2847:

HOW CAN IT BE TRUE?
MEANWHILE THE WOMAN NO EVEN TALK HOW SW PEOPLE ARE ABSENT IN JONATHAN'S GOVERNMENT.

Is she not from southwest? Or is she from south south?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by ideylaff: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
WIZGUY69:
[size=24]when did akinjide become a politician? and which party does she belongs? and how much did her boss pay her?[/size]
shocked

Abi oooo wonder why its us Yorubas that are so vocal.....

Bn used as Pawns again for pittance .... what a pity Jumoke....Akinjide.....

ur dad could even win his ward since he left NPN.... yeye girl>>>>>>

you wan join the late night chjick for GEJ as well if you are not already......

Tschewwwww
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
ideylaff:

Abi oooo wonder why its us Yorubas that are so vocal.....

Bn used as Pawns again for pittance .... what a pity Jumoke....Akinjide.....

ur dad could even win his ward since he left NPN.... yeye girl>>>>>>

you wan join the late night chjick for GEJ as well if you are not already......

Tschewwwww

Wish you can just address the point she raised.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by SenatorJames(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
Must every news be on GEJ and Buhari, PDP and APC?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by free13: 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
babestella:
Buhari is a terrorist
Buhari is an arsonist
Buhari is a murder initiator.
Buhari is an unrepentant supporter of terrorism
Buhari lack viable and sustainable economic vision.
Buhari is anti democracy.
Buhari is a religious bigot seeking to execute islamic agenda in Nigeria
buhari is pretentious and deceptive
buhari does not even have a company that employs, meaning that he cannot create or sustain wealth
Buhari is evil.
Warning: associate with him at your own peril. You have been warned. Do not vote for buhari. We need a change, buhari is not the change we want.

Very true. cry
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by derecho(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
Kingsimmer:
NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!!
will you also give GEJ another chance?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Jesusloveyou: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
noblezone:

Wish you can just address the point she raised.
which pointless issue she raise,that somebody said there is no money to finance d project,d same person paid d total sum with interest,who is more sensable btw u and jumoke.or in better way,tell ur clueless president to provide d document of $500m payment.abeg buhari till clueless gej provide d receipt of $500m payment by buhari.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Kingsimmer(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
derecho:
will you also give GEJ another chance?

ofcoz! if only he deserves it
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by dwyseone(m): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2015
and your father truncation and destroying our future through his 2/3 majority win for NPN, idiot

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don’t Tempt Military To Attack N’delta – IYC President / Why Buhari Doesn't Need Campaign - Reactions To Video Of Apc Kogi Campaign / Reno Omokri Mocks Okorocha, Akpabio 'As Their People Reject Them'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.