Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (27747 Views)

FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kingsimmer:
NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!!
after u talk all these things then u pull ur face n look ursf in d mirror
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by PassingShot(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
nnachukz:
is her father contesting for the seat of the president?

Re-read my post and digest it before you rush to quote me.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Rexyl(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
donbrowser:

Are u minding the Nitwit? If his brother or sister was among those that died as a result of a man's post-election violence will he come here to shout "change".
Aiye e o ni baje jare.

exactly what I can't do, the memories of our brothers & sisters brutally killed for no just course, but for someone who until now doesn't condemn the wicked deeds, still linger in our minds.

No matter how many times they shout "change", the underneath is laid in rot.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
What has the Jonathan led pdp government done to correct the so-called mistake of what buhari did. Instead of finding how to pacify federal workers 4 not paying deir salaries,dey go about on a campaign of shame trying to discredit GMB.
APC change!!!
SAI BUHARI
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
Krisddon:
Nawaoooo.....! Buhari this, Buhari that. Leave him alone for goodness sake!
Let him bask in his presidency for once nau! Haba! *Squeezes face*
When next I log in and see any topic on Buhari, I will ban myself on NL.

Buhari our first social network president. He keeps ruling us here: Nairaland, 2go, Whatsapp, Instagram, BBM, Twitter, Facebook, Eskimi, Quip, Ebuddy... Just name it.
GEJ till 2019!
no body de fight buhari.na his actions in the past de hunt him

5 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:
You don't need to be an expert in economicsv to know that with international loans, the percentage you see is the rate of borrowing and does not reflect the total amount being paid back, just like the money you borrowed for mortgage.
Countries ends up paying only the interest not the actual amount borrowed.
Why do you think borrowers never ever pay off what they borrowed?
Because they service just the interest, in the end you are paying sometimes more than you borrowed over the period. And those periods no one ever gets to as the debt is frequently resheduled.
OBJ is the only person in my recollection that hard repaired foreign debt by taking advantage of the oil windfall benchmark and making the creditors an unbelievable offer of a lump sum payment if they can write-off a substantial amount. An offer they could not refuse.
No you don't need to be an expert in Economics. Being OK in Math is good enough.

Oya, how does "$450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years" translate into 100% interest? How much interest is actually paid over the 25 year period? Break it down for us.

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
donbrowser:

Let's assume Buhari loses again what will happen?
What makes you think,he wud.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by bondingman: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
[/quote]
“At the time the project was cancelled the government had paid part of the loan and therefore had no worry about financing the project. But Buhari stopped the project and went ahead to pay another $500million, which was almost enough to complete the project, as fine to the foreign company handling the project for terminating the contract.”[/quote]

Just imagine d level of retrogression! That's y I say someone like buhari is trying to come in to bring Nigeria back to its knees by reversing d benefits of this government such as the automobile policy, agricultural advancement, job creation by employing our youths in d newly established federal universities, railway revitalization, electoral transparency etc.
Buhari is not smart, he's someone that will throw away d baby with the bad water, let him tell us what economic reforms he has for this country n I bet u even if its rehearsed to him he can't present it verbally. Voting him is taking d country many years back n that's not:-) going to happen by d grace of God.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by walecom4u: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:
Akinjide Attacks Buhari for Truncating Lagos Metroline Project!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akinjide-attacks-buhari-for-truncating-lagos-metroline-project/197960/

The hype about Buhari is his past records.
This too is part of it.

And "progressives", before you shout "propaganda", please put a call to your vision-less, clueless, myopic and bigotic messiah and ask him why he canceled it.

To all real Progressives, please keep the light burning!
Keep educating th gullible.
Victory is assured.
Let us consolidate the powerful gains of the las four years.

And please, don't get into any fight with any "progressive".

It is pointless, arguing with the blind about the colour of an electric bulb.
Cheers to all.

Story for the gods....Sai Buhari 2015
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
This is the problem with Nigeria. One step forward and ten steps backwards. A project that ought to have been completed 30 years ago is what we're still battling with today, all because of the senseless decision of one clueless goat, who stole power but didn't know what to do with it.

If Jakande rail project was successful at that time, it would have had positive spiral effect on the entire country because many other state govt would have followed suit. Imagine the impact that would have on our economy and GDP. Also the Lagos state govt would have been building it's 3rd or 4th rail project now.

The fate of Jakande rail project summarizes the story of Nigeria in all sectors, one step forward, ten steps backwards.

SincereNigerian....have you forgotten that the reason why we could not invest in a rail project at the time was that we did not have the money?

First...the oil price had dropped in 1982.

Second, the economy was in a shambles thanks to Shagari and company.

Third....starting the project would have involved taking a hefty loan....which we won't have been able to pay back...and would have added to our already heavy debt profile. (In 1985...IBB rejected the IMF loan to popular acclaim....unfortunately it led us to SAP).

And with our economy the way it was....with the fall in oil prices...I doubt any state would have been able to start and complete a metro project.

(GEJ was able to do major rail works thanks to the high oil prices. If there were no high oil prices....no one would be talking of rail revolution).

Abeg....Buhari has a lot to be criticized for.......but on this matter....he has shown prudence. We did not have the money at the time.....and taking a loan would have been disastrous....we would still have been paying it back....and people like you would be condemning Buhari for plunging us deeper into debt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by joe17: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2014
emmykk:
pishure of you and the babe knacking or it never happen
sorry bro, read ma comments again
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
BossAyuk:

Yes I don't like GEJ so I won't vote for him. That's quite simple...Although there has been some level of applaudable developments in very few sectors of this country in his 6 year tenure, I'll be a mediocre if I ass lick this government because the time and money expended by this government over the past 6 years is not synonymous with the development on ground. If you're sincere, you'll definitely agree with me on this. There's some 10 or more billion dollars still unaccounted for till today. There's a thread I saw yesterday pin pointing infrastructures that could have been constructed with that amount of money.

There's a dam there which costed about 6 billion dollars or so and would've provided this country with about 6000MW.

You don't give a man 100 million naira to build a one bedroom flat in 3 years..then when he finishes you start praising him. That's really absurd.

This government has simply done below par.

So my vote goes to Buhari/ Osinbanjo this time. Vote whoever you please.
Nigeria has grown in population.
We have mores states, more LGAs, more schools, more civil servants, more concurrent expenditure.

Besides, Nigeria has been at war all these years
Only a visionary and dedicate leader, would be fighting a war and at the same time develop infrastructure.

Jonathan is a rear gem.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by donbrowser(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Renegade147:

What makes you think,he wud.
Since U dont understand wat assumption is, let's die the matter.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Dee60: 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2014
Who truncated the first credible poll in Nigeria with the notorious twelve-two-third formula?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

have involved taking a hefty loan....which we won't have been able to pay back...
So paying back "$450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years" was too much for us to handle? Let us examine the figures:

I see this as paying back an extra $27 million (over the borrowed $450 million) over a 25 year period. You mean we cannot afford to pay $1.08 + 18 million every year for 25 years? What are you guys on anyway?

9 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by BossAyuk: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:

Nigeria has grown in population.
We have mores states, more LGAs , more schools, more civil servants, more concurrent expenditure.

Besides, Nigeria has been at war all these years
Only a visionary and dedicate leader, would be fighting a war and at the same time develop infrastructure.

Jonathan is a rear gem.
You might wanna explain that. I've made up my mind not to be a mediocre and bottom-lick this government...Vote for your "so-called" rare gem while I vote for Change and Progress.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
Deltagiant:
[b]“The visionary Jakande administration had concluded all the plans to finance the project, putting everything in place for its successful execution. My father provided the legal framework in his capacity as the Attorney –General at the time, and the state government had deposited $50million after securing a $450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years.

She forgot that her father and NPN play politics with anything they do not control if the state was controlled by the opposition.
They refused Sam Mbakwe the license to build petrol chemical industry at Ukwa Ngwa and refused to build it themselves and Shagari calling Mbakwe Oliver Twist in front of our people for his persistence in demanding.
They blocked the Imo Airport until Allison Madueke came and realized it through community effort.

Who can forget how they sat on the accreditation of the then Anambra state University of science and technology built by Jim Nwobodo until their partners, University of Nebraska intervened through their government.
Suddenly his father and NPN is a friend of Jakande's UPN government to now become their spokesman and know what was in place.
I wonder what Babatope got to say about Akinjide speaking nicely for Jakande government.
I feel sorry for people who cannot play neutral and see this politicians in their true colours of lying and deceit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:

blah blah blah
Thanks for the extra info; but this thread is about the Lagos Metro Line. You can go open a thread about how Akinjide stopped all projects in the South East from seeing the light of day. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by drnoble1: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
Upload your songs, listen to songs at www.tunearth.com
and email us @ tunearth@yahoo.com for FREE MUSIC AND VIDEO PROMOTION!!!!!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
So paying back "$450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years" was too much for us to handle? Let us examine the figures:

I see this as paying back an extra $27 million (over the borrowed $450 million) over a 25 year period. You mean we cannot afford to pay $1.08 million every year for 25 years? What are you guys on anyway?

Yes....we already had a very hefty debt profile.....and the last thing we needed was additional load.

We also had low oil prices.....

Fact is....the 80's were a lean time for most Nigerians (which is one reason why I am annoyed with Shagari's govt for wasting money....)....and the last thing we needed was new loans. In 1985....IBB turned down a IMF loan...which was applauded even by critics of his regime.

Thing is.....we were able to conceive the metro project when the oil boom was still with us. Once the oil boom went bust....we no longer had the money. We were broke (which is why the 500 suitcases tale is painful). Add the fact that $450 was the intial cost....it would have risen over time....and we would have ended up with a heavier debt. And you guys would be blaming Buhari for making us debt full.(And we would ahve had to import everything for the project...because Ajaokuta was still not complete!)

Instead of grumbling about what Buhari did years ago...be thankful he did not increase our debt profile....and consider asking both Buhari and GEJ the real question...why they are not making any effort to get us off oil...and into industries. Because thanks to Shagari and his millitary predecessors.....Nigeria got oil addicted....and as a result our ability to do projects is limited by the oil price. That is why PDP and APC should stop talking about frivilous things...and talk about getting us off oil! Because if we had industrialised....we could have done this project for less the cost offered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by nep2ra(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2014
Some intelligent reply to this rant of a smelly Minister:

"Buhari terminated the metro line and several other projects because we didn't have money to pay for them. IMF was asking Nigeria to borrow money and that we should also devalue our Naira; which was N1 = $2 then. Buhari refused to borrow more money, instead, he paid all our debts. Infact IMF put some trade embargo on Nigeria. Buhari resulted into trade by barter to keep the country running.

Let us just assume that it was a mistake that the metro line was terminated and that it would have made economical sense to borrow the money to construct the metro line. Buhari was in government for less than 2 years. Are we saying that the successful governments in the last 30 years have not considered it reasonable to build the metro line? Mr. Jonathan has been in government for 6 years and yet our minister wants to blame someone that served for less than 2years in 30 years ago.

This issue was raised in 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections, till today, PDP governments have refused to do something about it. They prefer to raise the issue every four, four years of election to give excuses for non performing or to deceive Nigerians. Dishonorable Mininster, shame on you! As Nigerians, we have learnt our lessons, 16 years of People Deceiving People is enough. We are voting for change, we are voting for Buhari! No deception! Tell us what you have been able to achieve in the last 6 years." ~ Joe_Political_Spectacle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Housing:
The project was cancelled simply because all foreign loans were cancelled by Buhari government as he was committed to paying debts and not to incur another one. The metro line project was to be financed by foreign loan.
see me see wahala oo.so if the project was at Kano Gmb would end it for that reason?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
alaoeri:
Abeg make una look at these shameless PDP ppl, why are they attacking Buhari now when the election is around the corner & why not a year ago? No amount propaganda will stop a moving train of change.
2015 Sai Buhari.
a yr ago he was nt any presidential candidat

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Eziachi: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
No you don't need to be an expert in Economics. Being OK in Math is good enough.

Oya, how does "$450 million loan at six per cent fixed interest rate for 25 years" translate into 100% interest? How much interest is actually paid over the 25 year period? Break it down for us.
6% of $450m is $27m
$27m multiply by 25 is $675m (interest)
Capital + Interest
$450m + $675m
Total Repayment: $1.125b.

I maybe wrong. You are maths expert. By the way, these loans are never fixed as the lenders are not stupid. And don't forget payment defaulting charges, facilitation fees/charges, foreign exchange rates.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by rozayx5(m): 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
theshadyexpress:
Apc supporters have no shame,they try to force everyone to swallow their false propaganda and when presented with facts to the contrary they cry foul and resort to insults,I'm already waiting for dem to blame GEJ for dis stupid act of the old power drunk fool

Buhari is nothing but an intellectual deadwood,at his age and his sphere inflluence he has he expected to get an applaud when he told the world he only had 1 mill in his acc or dat he borrowed to fund his nominattion fund purchse.it got to show this man cannot even prosper his life but wants to lead 150m people to prosperity.

He will lose again and cry like a day old baby

GEJ till buhari releases sextape

from the first post on this thread till my post, APC supporters are yet to say something tangible, even the excuse they are trying to give is implicating them.
all their supporters on nairaland are always shouting sai Buhari when presented with facts
i ask again what did Buhari contribute to Nigeria's development that we can see today, a one time governor , then head of State, the best he can do is to cling to projects under other heads of states undecided
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Kingsimmer(m): 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:
after u talk all these things then u pull ur face n look ursf in d mirror

did i
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the presentation of his party manifesto, said when he got into power, the relatively stable economy, which was handed over to the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly plundered and corruption was rife in every sector. He added that the rail line project was meant to cost N100m, which was a large sum of money then, and the Federal Government was asked to guarantee the loan meant for the project.

He said, “Then, we didn’t know how much debt was on us as a nation and we felt that we should not add another N100m to it. I had to set up two committees to assess how much we owed and we promised not to take more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the economy.”
^^^^^

That's Buhari's defense I saw on another thread. So according to him, the figure was 100 million?

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by calaway: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
iamchiddy:
Why can't these people see that this their politics of blackmail is not working? The more they try to cast aspersions and smear the image of this man with their lies the more they endear him to our hearts.

Sai Buhari 2015.

Are you saying she is telling lies? FYI buhari is an animal. an animal in a mad mans skin listen to the great FELA the you about buhari time 4.16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMLFwBxrzI

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:

6% of $450m is $27m
$27m multiply by 25 is $675m (interest)
Capital + Interest
$450m + $675m
Total Repayment: $1.125b.

I maybe wrong. You are maths expert. By the way, these loans are never fixed as the lenders are not stupid. And don't forget payment defaulting charges, facilitation fees/charges, foreign exchange rates.
Hahahaha! Jezuz.

Dude, that $27m + $450m were supposed to be paid over a 25 year period. That is what fixed rate means. The actual interest is $27 million. Meaning the yearly payment would be $19.08 million.

Now I see why Buhari cancelled the project; he must have hired an accountant like you. grin

8 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
Thanks for the extra info; but this thread is about the Lagos Metro Line. You can go open a thread about how Akinjide stopped all projects in the South East from seeing the light of day. Thank you.
Besides, Akijinde is not a "Messiah" that must rule Nigeria in 2015 or "baboons and dogs" will be soaked in blood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva / 2023 Presidency: No Zoning In APC — Orji Uzor Kalu / Hospital Visits To Yusuf Buhari Boosting Sales — Abuja Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.