Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project (27749 Views)

FFK Reacts To Kano Bomb Blast, Tacitly Attacks Buhari / Why I Cancelled Lagos Metroline Project –buhari / Why I Cancelled Jakande's Lagos Metroline, By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kingsimmer:

did i
ask ifa or Amadioha
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Ezemust: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
highcoin:
Have a video website like youtube.check my signature for demo and details.
guy u no get signature
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by rozayx5(m): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
inspbado:
The more reason why we must vote buhari in southwest come 2015, so that he can come and right the wrong he did to us back then!!! wink ps: what has gej done to better southwest and by extension, the lot of Nigerians as a whole(not his greedy cronies)? Merely stating the bad side of buhari and not telling us the good thing gej has done doesn't work for me at all ooo!

anonimi u see the one above grin grin grin
how low can somebody think, GEJ air conditioned trains are running in lagos as i type, while fashola's own is still in canada.
so you are in Buhari mind to know he is coming to right your wrongs cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

how low can somebody think, GEJ air conditioned trains are running in lagos as i type, while fashola's own is still in canada.

I ve told you guys that it is just useless, arguing with a blind man over the colour of an electric bulb.

7 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by vanunu: 3:01pm On Dec 30, 2014
jeje123:
Madam jumoke u are talking abt someone's past tomorow anoda person will talk abt ur own like we Nigerians remember how ur father denied us having international Airport in Oyo state Ibadan state capital cos of his selfies interest! History will surely speak louder wen its time.

Is she how father, see how u reason.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by vigasimple(m): 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
Most people have never met Bhuari or never likely to. The messenger may not be to our liking BUT the MESSAGE cannot be ignored.

We can only see from the past what kind of vision does Bhuari has. At least one the economy, it is voodoo economics at best.

Akinjide is absolutely right about the Lagos metro and to corroborate her, the political elites in the North encourage the destruction of Nigeria Railways because of the North interest in Trailer business until GEJ restore it in someways. The trailers put more pressure on our few roads and ultimately wreck it.

The cancellation of the Lagos metro is not based on any sound economic reason only to slow down the south but packaged and logically 'justified' on economic ground when the penalty is more than the cost.

and the jailing of mostly southern politicians is vindictive at best.

5 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by calaway: 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2014
vigasimple:

Most people have never met Bhuari or never likely to. The messenger may not be to our liking BUT the MESSAGE cannot be ignored.

We can only see from the past what kind of vision does Bhuari has. At least one the economy, it is voodoo economics at best.

Akinjide is absolutely right about the Lagos metro and to corroborate her, the political elites in the North encourage the destruction of Nigeria Railways because of the North interest in Trailer business until GEJ restore it in someways.

The cancellation of the Lagos metro is not based on any sound economic reason only to slow down the south but packaged and logically 'justified' on economic ground when the penalty is more than the cost.

it is the message buhari brings we fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by major466(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Eziachi:
So because Ferrari cost a fraction of what it costs today in figures, your parents should have treated themselves buying one instead of using the money to educate you. And now Ferrari cost much.
For the records, Buhari never build a Single School when he was head of state.
Only a fool will borrow even a single penny more when you are already deep neck in debt and creditors knocking at your door, people losing their jobs because there are no money, workers are owed months of salaries in arrears by both the deposed federal and state governments.
Borrowing to invest in a capital project like the scuttled Lagos Metro line is a strategic investment with multiplier effects, with capacity to not only ameliorate the traffic conditions, but also generate revenue for government.
The only negative aspect of borrowing is when the proposed project is "Social" in nature. Social infrastructure have no economic value.

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Dimeji268: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
Hmmmm,wonders shall Neva end.i m surprise that people like her can still talk in this country after all her father did,or does she think we 've forgotten her father's 2/3 of 16 that deny late chief obafemi awolowo the chance to be president of Nigeria.The harm and problem her father caused and created is what we are still battling with.He/she that lives in a glass house must not throw pebbles!

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Yes....we already had a very hefty debt profile.....and the last thing we needed was additional load.
Look, only people lacking foresight would consider expenditure on rail (Metroline) as "load". This is a capital project that is self-sustaining. Before the end of the 25 year term, the rail line would've virtually paid back the money invested in its development.

4 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by decode20: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
why would he not cancel d project since he lacked vision which is d major ingredient of leadership.i wonder how such a man would fight corruption and when gej said dat stealing is nt coruption,people who dnt undastand him were talking rubbish.stealing is an effect of coruption.buhari fought effect not cause,he fought appearance nt reality.in otherwords,he fought crime nt corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by OLADD: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
noblezone:

But the "progressives" are so blind to the truth.
[color=#006600]

No, they are not blind. They are just stupid and clownish. A reveiw of their responses on nairaland depicts people with shallow brain, dearth of intuitive reasoning, petty, lack of deep knowledge about our past and present political evolutions and aboveall, failures in personal lives. Nothing is truly progressive in their endeavours.

4 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Isaddabai(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
Why would i bliv such a blatant liar. GMB aint as heartless as Gej. GMB cant do dat his past has shown dat nd no matta wat u would say abt him i stil bliv he is far far beta than Gej.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
vigasimple:

If it is voodooo economics not to take loans of $450milion...with oil prices below $15 per barrel....and dropping....then wow!

Akinjide is absolutely right about the Lagos metro and to corroborate her, the political elites in the North encourage the destruction of Nigeria Railways because of the North interest in Trailer business until GEJ restore it in someways.

Well, a lot of Southerners too are into trailer business. And Abacha did try to resuscitate the railways in 1995-96.

The problem with the railway resusication thing is that you have to import the needed materials. Which is hard to do when thanks to years of low oil prices....you have no money in the treasury. And GEJ started his rail project when oil prices were still reasonable. I doubt he would have been able to do anything at $59 per barrel.

So far...people are quoting $78million as the penalty. Whereas the cost would have been $500million or more if we had taken the loan.

The problem is...we could not take any loans in 1984 because the oil price had crashed, and because of the massive looting jamboree of the Shagari regime.

Yes...he put Shagari in house arrest.He also jailed a lot of Northern politicians (including one who was found with millions of naira under his bed....and who was also a stark illiterate;he got into office because Aminu Kano wanted to teach Rimi his protege a lesson)...and many others. He also tried to catch Dikko....which got botched.He also freed one politician....a Southerner....and gave him a clean bill of health (Pa Michael Ajasin). And many of the Polithefians he jailed were corrupt....North or South.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by madjune(m): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
Even if we are myopic in our thouights; we should learn to seperate it from our criticisms-

She said- "the metro rail project was derailed because Buhari swept himself into power"

Now, question is; did Buharui take over the governance of Nigeria because he wanted to slow Lagos's progress?

I don't think so.

Buhari took over because of the larger calling to sanitize Nigeria which politicians at the time had nearly bled dry.
That was why he took over. The urgency to keep Nigeria from dying supercedes the needs of any metro rail in any city in the country.

Now, she said again- "Buhari has not done the yorubas any good..."

May I ask- who was Buhari's deputy?

Major Gen Tunde Idiagbon was his deputy (a yoruba man) whom Buhari gave free rein to implement policies.

Madam, you are free to throw more stones at GMB but all I know is, his integrity and honesty as far as leading Nigeria will always stand him in good stead.

Remember- its a tree with good fruits that stones are thrown at.
noblezone:
Akinjide Attacks Buhari for Truncating Lagos Metroline Project!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/akinjide-attacks-buhari-for-truncating-lagos-metroline-project/197960/

The hype about Buhari is his past records.
This too is part of it.

And "progressives", before you shout "propaganda", please put a call to your vision-less, clueless, myopic and bigotic messiah and ask him why he canceled it.

To all real Progressives, please keep the light burning!
Keep educating th gullible.
Victory is assured.
Let us consolidate the powerful gains of the las four years.

And please, don't get into any fight with any "progressive".

It is pointless, arguing with the blind about the colour of an electric bulb.
Cheers to all.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by meccuno: 3:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
quote author=Kingsimmer post=29335022]NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!! [/quote]I agree with u....everyone deserves a second chance......he should have one in the year 2028......
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Dlionsheart: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
Buhari, buhari, buhari, buhari, buhari....................ehnnnnn
how many times did I call you
you've come again abi, ok, you'll soo cry and swear not to contest next election again. Shey u sabi cry wel wel?

lemme go an buy handkerchief 4 u to wipe ur crocodile tears, just in case...........................................

but b4 u start crying, have you submitted your original credentials (certificates, if you have any) to INEC

2 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
Look, only people lacking foresight would consider expenditure on rail (Metroline) as "load". This is a capital project that is self-sustaining. Before the end of the 25 year term, the rail line would've virtually paid back the money invested in its development.

You obviously did not get what I said...

If we did the project...the loan cost would have been hefty.....very hefty....and we would have all been criticising Buhari for overloading us.

Plus....we would have had to pay heavy costs.

Look....until oil prices rose again ten years ago....we had no means of paying any debt. Why did Obasanjo have to get most of our debt written off?

I don tire. That is why I am sitting out this election....you PDP and APC guys love making political arguments, instead of being serious. Poltics without facts.

Nigerians! Take loan...you bad. Don't take loan...you bad!
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by logica(m): 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

...and you obviously missed something. Self sustaining...*HINT* *HINT*

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by lohresloco: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Kingsimmer:
NICE one ,mrs... he was dumb den...,we ve forgiven him ;because he has learnt sum respect and manners now...giv him anoda chance to amend his ways & right his wrongss!!!
really?
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by anonimi: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2014
rozayx5:

When I bin first talk am some people think sey I dey exaggerate - to be a follower of the daft pretending A-Looter old soldier, one must allow himself or herself be infected with the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome, CCBS.

A silly post like that simply confirms my scientific extrapolation grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Dosman(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
These PDP guys are seriously unserious. Now they want to haul blames on Buhari for cancelling a project sometime in 1984/85 and yet they don't have blames govt that have handled the country's affairs between 1985 - 2014. undecided

If that metro project was really very important, what has GEJ done to revive it in the last 6 years or other govts that have been since 1985. I hope we have not forgotten that Buhari only ruled the counrty for about 2years and nothing in relation to corruption can be traced to him during the period and when he was incharge of PTF....

Buhari cancelled the project to to stop external borrowing so as to focus on other highly ranked projects like the refineries etc.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by rozayx5(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
anonimi:

When I bin first talk am some people think sey I dey exaggerate - to be a follower of the daft pretending A-Looter old soldier, one must allow himself or herself be infected with the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome, CCBS.

A silly post like that simply confirms my scientific extrapolation grin cheesy

one of his followers was saying yesterday that Nigerians need to be flogged thats why they should vote buhari shocked , that he personally needs flogging to behave well, thats when i found out Buhari has many cows amongst his voters cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
logica:
...and you obviously missed something. Self sustaining...*HINT* *HINT*

With a broke economy?

(Unless you wanted to make people pay very high prices for the metro?)

I know you don't want Buhari....but criticizing him for not burdening Nigeria with more debt seems ridiculous.

Besides....we have taken loans for supposed self sustaining projects that turned out wrong.

We did not have the money. Simples.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by johhnnie(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
It is high time the southwest thought right. The northerners never liked us. They will sacrifice us at the altar of their political needs. The same set of people truncated awolowo ' s bid to b the best president we never had, their truncated most free and fairest election in nigeria ' s history ( 93 election) as well as killed the acclaimed winner. scuttled the Lagos metroline and rather paid a penalty fee of $500m even though there was a huge debt being serviced. We need to be clear and careful about the choices that we make. today's activities are tomorrow's stories.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by johhnnie(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

If we did the project...the loan cost would have been hefty.....very hefty....and we would have all been criticising Buhari for overloading us.

Plus....we would have had to pay heavy costs.

Look....until oil prices rose again ten years ago....we had no means of paying any debt. Why did Obasanjo have to get most of our debt written off?

I don tire. That is why I am sitting out this election....you PDP and APC guys love making political arguments, instead of being serious. Poltics without facts.

Nigerians! Take loan...you bad. Don't take loan...you bad!

But he paid $500 m penalty fee around thesame time which was the absolute cost of the project if the project was allowed to see the light of the day. I economic terms, Nigeria by that action lost $1b. The cost of the project left undone, the cost of the penalty fee aside other economic benefits.

1 Like

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by olami234lekan(m): 3:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Blurry:
Who in his right senses will stop a project and go ahead to pay the same amount to the company handling it as a penalty.

Oya GMB supporters, please provide your principal's side to this tale.

If this is true....then we need another messiah. GMB aint one!

Its a lie. And you said it yourself who in its right mind will do that.
Its just tanist at work. Shhh don't let them hear this " there blackmailing is not working and they don't know it" I pray they don't till its too late.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by neyooo: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Did her father has a good reputation even in south west she was talking about? Was he(chief Richard Akinjide SAN)- Jumoke's father not among the gang up that sold Nigeria with his satanic 12 2/3 saga and denied Awolowo the best brain then to librate us! Was it not Nigerians money spent on her to school abroad? Someone who can not stay under a man roof as a virtous woman; what moral right does she have to manage society? I beg seat down, your days are numbered with your clueless and incompetent "Oga on Top"
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Myself2(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2014
That's Ayatollah Buhari for you

[img][/img]

Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2014
johhnnie:

But he paid $500 m penalty fee around thesame time which was the absolute cost of the project if the project was allowed to see the light of the day. I economic terms, Nigeria by that action lost $1b. The cost of the project left undone, the cost of the penalty fee aside other economic benefits.

So it is now $500.....and before someone was saying it was $78million.

Come on guys, make up your mind.

What would it have been....a loan of $500m which was the initial cost (which would have gone up if the project commenced)...and a heavy debt....or pay the money and take your losses.?

We did not have the money....and I doubt Buhari even paid the $500million....(because I can find no source for that info....and the only available source says $78million...which is itself an estimate from 2003).

Anyway.,.....APC under Fashola is building a rail project for Lagos....so....

PS...Here is a (partisan, but somewhat accurate ) article on the matter....which states that Buhari was unable to guarantee a loan of $100m for the project because of our broke economy.....and qoutes Jakande blaming Shagari for refusing to guarantee a loan for mobilizations fee.
Re: Akinjide Attacks Buhari For Truncating Lagos Metroline Project by Trypant(f): 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
lekhane:
It would have been better if only she can show us what GEJ has done for the southwest in the last six years to prove his love for the zone

Our purpose in life is to help one another but if you can't help them, do not be the ladder to their failure. If only buhari allowed jonathan 2 rule peacefully, we would have deduced without fear or favour his achievements. But even people who are supporting the man, are doing so, for buhari to stop his boys from further bombing of this nation. Both are devils but choosing a less devil is good 4 us. Goodluck till 2019

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Matthew B. Seiyefa Appointed As DSS Acting DG / What Is The Meaning Of 'ruga'? / Adamawa Residents Reject Rice Palliative Branded With President Tinubu's Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.