Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) (42553 Views)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Nigerian Bride Who 'waited Till Her Wedding Night' Tells Her Inspiring Story / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
What a painful loss!!!.....we say no to untimely death in 2015

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Idacrux: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
Wetin kill am¿
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
BABANGBALI:
Ogbanje babe
Nigerians and their dreadfully sick mentality

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by eledacedar(f): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
What a pity. It was a sad moment when I heard about it from a friend yesterday. I was told she was shopping for her wedding items and was to cross the road somewhere along Funsho Williams avenue when she slipped on the road and was run over.

Didn't know her quite much but I knew her brother. He lived close before relocating to Abuja.

What a loss for the family and friends.

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Exponental(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
@ op....
can u confirm if it happened around barracks b/s ojuelegba? an eye witness said a lady was trying to cross d road when she slipped n fell backward causing a motorist to knock her down. d motorist was said to av stopped but was almost attacked by hoodlums but quickly went back to his car n sped off.
RIP to d dead.
lesson learnt: pls use pedestrian bridges where available n exercise lots of patience where no bridges when u need to cross.
happy new year.....

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Defcon1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=bushdoc9919 post=29366369]Bad drivers, and bad vehicles.And bad roads, without pedestrian sidewalks.

In the UK....you cannot drive a car...unless it is MOT certified.

Hope they catch the driver of the suspect vehicle. Manslaughter case at least.

[/quote
yeah right
so people don't die in road traffic accidents in the U.K.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by oweman: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
Please can anybody here give some details of the lovely lady . that is where do the parents live ss i know one Omogui in Benin city and anther in Oshun State and have not call any of the two within the last 6 months and dont want to embarras anyone at this time .
please somebody help maybe the OP can help .
thanks .
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:

@bolded, i likey!!! Preach on Pastor Orinkila! You are in the spirit Sir. Excellent post! smiley

Whenever success is coming, there are both foreseen and unforeseen things that will want to upset it.
Even if you are on guard, that is when something will rear it's ugly head to disturb you.

Weddings in particular are targets of the enemies, because they hate marriages that will make families and build homes.
Brides and grooms must be extra careful before and after weddings.

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by tiensman: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
My deepest condolences for the loss,
May god grant the husband and the family the courage to overcome this!
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by gbodimowo(m): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
It was in imo yesterday now lag today
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by soarz(m): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is very sad new, may her soul rest in peace
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Bad drivers, and bad vehicles.And bad roads, without pedestrian sidewalks.

In the UK....you cannot drive a car...unless it is MOT certified.

Hope they catch the driver of the suspect vehicle. Manslaughter case at least.

Sad!!!! May her soul rest in peace

Despite all that crap-MOT, ROAD TAX, INSURANCE and d rest, people still get killed by hit and run drivers nearly every week ..............................

My friend, you know what, When it's your right time to leave, even if you hide/stay in your bedroom, the car would still find its way into your room and carry out its destined assignment on earth. Destiny is a recorded video that has been attached to every living soul(that is your own cross you carry everyday) and this video is being played every passing seconds of your life on earth.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by David4best(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
May her gentle soul rest in peace. It is very painful.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by nuges1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
This life is a fluke,most times I ask myself what's the essence of living when we don't know when the hour will come.This is such a tradedy,God knows best.R.I.P
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by AmadinErins(f): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
My dearest Aunty Osayi it's still feels like a dream! cry cry cry
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by sweet2blv: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
i am seriously touched by the tributes by friends. rest in peace osayi
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by ilotriouzAY(m): 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thebrightest:
How are u sure i dont want to die? Mtcheew

Den go and DIE
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by LadyAmaka(f): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
Failure at the edge of breakthrough. God forbid. It can never be my portion as long as God is on the throne. No evil power can cut my story short on the verge of my celebration so long as the God of Elijah is on His throne. Rest in Peace dear.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by anthoniaz(f): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
It's well!

Rest in peace.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by adedayourt(m): 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
May justice catch up with the driver speedily b4 this jear runs out.

Amen
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
How sad?! RIP cry
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Fabzgrace(f): 5:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
So sad.
She was an alumni of my ex secondary school.
RIP
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by kindmman(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
pureguide:

So man who lost their lives today said same thing! And I am pretty sure the lady said this more than you! Because its just a couple of days to her wedding. Who knows some reading this will even fall victim of death today or so. So ur saying is absolutely a mere drama. I just lost my dad as well. The best one can do is to expect the unexpected. And death is no exception. U can never tell what a minute can do to you!
You said it all. All this 'will not be my portion' syndrome is totally sickening. Death is a price that we must all pay just that we don't know how it's going to happen.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by AbuMikey(m): 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Thebrightest:
How are u sure i dont want to die? Mtcheew

gringringringringringrin
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by kindmman(m): 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:

*nods in agreement* In addition,the true test of your being alive before God is also in your attitude to God's word.
Are u saying those that died today didn't receive God's divine favour? Death comes to us at its appointed time no matter how hard we pray. We ought not be bothered about death but what comes into play in the after-life.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by flexing11(m): 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
starlingslimnet:
How do ur post raise d dead?
u are so t*ougtless;u dt ave co*scie*ce,,,,,foolis* ti*;
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
RIP dear, I hope this is not a setup to snatch your husband away from you? women can do undo even kill to have a husband. RIP one more time
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
No to sound heartless, but this reminds me of those girls who ping by the roadside.

I wont be surprised if this poor lady was a victim of her own pinging addictions.

Abeg ladies, your phones are not running away. Keep them in your purse when by the road

Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by wahihi(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
HMMM, MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE AMEN.
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
kindmman:

You said it all. All this 'will not be my portion' syndrome is totally sickening. Death is a price that we must all pay just that we don't know how it's going to happen.

Even the young lady who lost her life. Said same with you! If its not your portion whose portion is it?
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by mitchyy(f): 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
Jehovah, all i ask for is your protection and guidance over me and all your servants. This news brought tears to my eyes cry
Re: Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2014
flexing11:

u are so t*ougtless;u dt ave co*scie*ce,,,,,foolis* ti*;
what do u gain from this display of folly?

My Wife Says She’ll One Day Hand Our Three Kids To Their Real Father / My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex / "Dad Threw Mum Out For Not Bearing Male Child But We The Girls Feed Him Today"