Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) (20729 Views)

Cold / A New Chapter (An Emotional Story) / A Cold Day In Hell ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
Wininiel:
This is very much better. Thumbs up.
alrit ma
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 2:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hawlahscho:

shocked shocked shocked Yepa!!! Take am easy naw, sebi e Don beg una make una take am like that. grin grin grin
dnt mynd im jawe
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 12:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
Am sowi i dnt post al dix while pls pardon me
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
CHAPTER 3........In the morning,after they all wake up,take their bath,they settled for their meal,after that,Alfred said;
"well,i have to go to the hospital now,but i'll be back in short time with the princess and then we'll all go to my house". Betsy exclaimed with excitement;
"Your house?! Boy,you are really kind,how i wish i could repay your kindness for us. Thank you". Alfred smiled;
"No Betsy,you don't have to thank me, instead thank God. I'll be on my way now". He left. Betsy look at her mother and said;
"We owe our good luck to princess,he is really interested in her,i could see it in his eyes mother,he is falling in love with princess. Wow! My friend has a big luck". Aminata smile and said;
"But also a lot of trouble if they eventually fall for each other because i am sure he would have a girlfriend and his mother is haughty,even the way she talk that time shows that she is a wicked woman and may want to do something bad to princess, i'm scared,i don't want my little girl to suffer more". Betsy tap her mum and said;
"Ha mum,let's be positive about it,do you think she will suffer and Alfred will let her! No,it is not possible. In fact mum,i'll be right behind her and make her fall in love with him more quickly mum". They burst into laughter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
Besty
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 3:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
prettydiva89:
Besty
Dnt mind her jare
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 3:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
In the hospital,Alfred was in the waiting room,he was waiting for Dr Baran,when Dr Baran came out,they shake each other and Dr Baran said;
"Good morning boss". "Good morning Baran,how is she?" said Alfred. Dr Baran replied;
"Good gracious! She is well,that girl is indeed a God sent angel,if you hear her words,it is a word of wisdom,she left me thinking,if not because i am married,i would have won a good treasure,or boss haven't you thought like that?" Alfred smiled and said;
"well,yes..so can we leave today?"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2015
Baran replied;
"yes boss,but she still need medical attention for at least one month,she is still weak,very,very weak and she need special drugs,food and silenbe,any one that want to come and see her must not disturb,her system need much silence because the kidney we gave her need to develop and she also need blood transfusion but that has been settled,remember? So we will start the transfusion tomorrow and she need a lot of love from some one like you boss,a friendship love or maybe more than that because she is weak and need some one to trust,you can carry her home,the ambulance will bring her,while you go with your car". Alfred smiled and took his cell phone and dial a number which is for linda,he said;
"yes linda,is my mum there? Please tell her to inform the maids to dress the room near my own on the right,because someone is coming and they should dress the two opposite mine. They should do that fast. Thank you,i'll be home soon". [Turning to Baran]
"Arrange for her. Thank you Baran".
[He left with his ford jeep to go and carry Betsy and Aminata,when he came] he meet them gisting,he said;
"Mother and child,can we go?" They all laugh,enter the vehicle and left for the house,in no time,they were there. When Betsy got down,she said;
"Wow! This is like the house of a gods,beside where is princess". Alfred replied with a smile;
"Here she arrives in the ambulance". The ambulance drove in and she was brought on a strecther,as they were about carrying her inside the waiting room,then the sitting room and up the stairs,Linda came out and scream;
"Alfred! [she came to hug him and wanted to kiss him] he stopped her and said in a bit angry way;
"can't you see that i am busy? Don't disturb me please!". When his mother want to greet him,she saw those women she saw at the neighbour hood,she was so angry but suppressed it,Alfred said to one of the maid;
"show them to the room on my right". Maid replied;
"Alright sir". She went. Then Alfred said;
"Mum,Dad,Linda,good morning". Linda shouted on him;
"What's so good in the morning unh? You left your fiancee for a stupid,poor and a social climber ladies unh? And because of that paralysed idiot,you had to shout at me unh? Was that right Alfred? Was that? Or wait. I hope it is not what i am thinking,hope it is not that you are dating another person at my back,tell me Alfred?! I am talking to you!" He ignored her and sent for all the maids,guards and every one in the house,as he was about to talk his mother shun him and said;
"shut up Alfred! I said shut up! [All the worker and Alfred sisters were surprised] your wife is asking something from you and you are ignoring her,are you deaf?". Alfred took a deep breath and said;
"Mum,Dad,Linda,no,excluding dad,what is your problem?...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
My oga's ur comment z needed on dix update..2 kw my mistakes and corrections..pls mak ur comment so as to boast my energy
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Slimzjoe(m): 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Now Following!! grin ..... Dude, U gotta Go Thru Your work Before Posting Cos The Blunders Are Much
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Hum, Mr Cybershow, I don notice u for many thread before but never had I the faintest idea that you are a writer also, anyway, good storyline, the storyline's interesting but it's an arduos task connecting with the story, know what i mean?
Judging from your setting, it's a foreign story with foreign characters but it doesn't depicts foreign acts, no foreign girl bears 'Cynthia', and the conversations seem too Nigerian, it's just like saying 'Goodluck Ebele is an American', can you connect with it? C'mon, you can do better than this.
. Try to paint the story, give us an insight on Cynthia, Bestie and Aminata, on everything and with that, you are good to go!
. When I started december 20, 2014, I wasn't up to your level but now, where am I? One of the nominees for the 'best upcoming writer' award for January though the other nominees had been writing for the past one year, you just chill and take things up in a better approach, you'l become great.
. Just my 2 cents, hold nothing against me. You might watch your grammar too!
Good stuff, definitely followin!
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Now Following!! grin ..... Dude, U gotta Go Thru Your work Before Posting Cos The Blunders Are Much
Hmm takes 2 corection sir..
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 11:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
Thronekid..tenx i luv 2 b d best dat y i try ritin stories lyk dat..bt boss du u mean dat b4 i start anystory i nid 2 describe d person...nd i suld used a nigerian names unh? nid an answa 2 dat boss
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by jezuzboi(m): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2015
You're doing good with the story, but there are a couple of lapses here and there.
A careful review will unveil them to you so that it can be prevented in subsequent episodes.

She was lost in a cold world indeed, but I guess she was found anyway.
Quite Emotional!
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 12:49am On Jan 25, 2015
Oh..tenx am glad..i wil 2 any of ur corection boss..
jezuzboi:
You're doing good with the story, but there are a couple of lapses here and there.
A careful review will unveil them to you so that it can be prevented in subsequent episodes.

She was lost in a cold world indeed, but I guess she was found anyway.
Quite Emotional!
Oh..tenx am glad..i wil 2 any of ur corection boss..

1 Like

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 25, 2015
Cybershow:
Thronekid..tenx i luv 2 b d best dat y i try ritin stories lyk dat..bt boss du u mean dat b4 i start anystory i nid 2 describe d person...nd i suld used a nigerian names unh? nid an answa 2 dat boss
Nah, I dont mean that. How about you try describing Cynthia through the Governors' son observation, something like this 'he stared at Cynthia and all that met his gaze was a tall, beautiful, elegant........ bla bla, you'l need to add some embelishments so we the readers are able to picture her face, her personality..... stuffs like that, shey u dey get?
Regarding the 'name' thing, all I meant was why don't you try to give the characters foreign names? Their names are a complete turnoff for a foreign story, you make it seem like I'mma watching a nollywood movie, how I loathe wathing dat cant be undermined plus it doesn't seem real in the least.
Also, try to connect the events.!!!
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 8:32am On Jan 25, 2015
Alrit boss..i wil tak 2 dat..bt i wil try describe cynthia so u can imagine ha beauty...*winks* tak 2 corection boss
thronekid:

Nah, I dont mean that. How about you try describing Cynthia through the Governors' son observation, something like this 'he stared at Cynthia and all that met his gaze was a tall, beautiful, elegant........ bla bla, you'l need to add some embelishments so we the readers are able to picture her face, her personality..... stuffs like that, shey u dey get?
Regarding the 'name' thing, all I meant was why don't you try to give the characters foreign names? Their names are a complete turnoff for a foreign story, you make it seem like I'mma watching a nollywood movie, how I loathe wathing dat cant be undermined plus it doesn't seem real in the least.
Also, try to connect the events.!!!
Alrit boss..i wil tak 2 dat..bt i wil try describe cynthia so u can imagine ha beauty...*winks* tak 2 corection boss
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2015
Cybershow:
Alrit boss..i wil tak 2 dat..bt i wil try describe cynthia so u can imagine ha beauty...*winks* tak 2 corection bossAlrit boss..i wil tak 2 dat..bt i wil try describe cynthia so u can imagine ha beauty...*winks* tak 2 corection boss
Gud to hear that!
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 12:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
thronekid:

Gud to hear that!
Owk sir
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Teebashy(f): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
Cybershow:
His eyes caught two girls laughing as they were jumping for joy at just one thousand pesos,he said in his mind;"This one with a kind of ash hair is very beautiful,beside,i have a fiancee".when he got to linda place,they stayed together in a hotel for a week according to her wish.in the neighbour hood,betsy and cynthia were walking around when a woman came from their back and landed cynthia a hard slap.Betsy calm cynthia and shouted back at the woman,she said;"you evil woman,what did she do to you" The woman said;"she almost pour my food that i was cooking away!" Betsy look at cynthia and said,"let's leave this worthless woman alone,let's go cynthia".As they moved a little,the woman wanted to hold them and just then then,her leg hit the fire she was making.
Bros, abeg take ur tym to proof read wat u are uploading....To say d fact I don't undastand d episoda at all
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2015
Teebashy:

Bros, abeg take ur tym to proof read wat u are uploading....To say d fact I don't undastand d episoda at all
Hmm i wil expanciate it beta ma..tenx
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Kusibe77(m): 6:53am On Jan 27, 2015
*coughs*
adonshow
ama continu 4rm wa A stop.
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 27, 2015
Wow! Nice piece here..

Please Nairaland Writer voting is closing on the 28th. Just quickly vote for one of these three as the best Newcomer of the year.
Touchmeder,
Kinwayne
thronekid

Also, vote for any other three as the best writer of the year, including this writer.
Follow this link to vote
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/46
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2015
Divepen:
Wow! Nice piece here..

Please Nairaland Writer voting is closing on the 28th. Just quickly vote for one of these three as the best Newcomer of the year.
Touchmeder,
Kinwayne
thronekid

Also, vote for any other three as the best writer of the year, including this writer.
Follow this link to vote
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/46
tenx alot sir am votin 4 thronekid o
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2015
Alfred said;
"is it a crime to help those who wander in a cold world not knowing where they are coming from and where to lay there head or whe.......
[Linda cuts in] "Hold it right there Alfred! What? So what is your business or mine if they have no where to lay their head,that should be their business and not ours, Alfred,don't let any one come in between our love,please my love". Alfred look up at her and said;
"Now that you have rage and wage like a storm,i can now say what i want to say and i want no objections. [Silence take action and Alfred broke it by saying] That lady that was on the strecther has a kidney problem which has been operated and corrected,but she need perfect silence,so from now till a month complete,every one is ban to create a stupid noise like the one you just made here,the sixth storey building is banned for noise..[facing the workers nw] go on with your duty up there but no noise. Is that okay?"
Workers replied;
"Yes sir!" They disperse [Alfred turn to his parent and Linda and he said]
"I hope i made it clear and from now on,count them as a family friend. They will introduce theirselves to you later".Linda replied;
"i thought they were to come and work?" Alfred stood up and said;
"i have said what i have to say.....*to b continue*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
[Before Alfred take his leave he bade them a nice day..and he turned to ask Linda a question,he said]
"Lindae are you staying here?".
Linda replied;
"yes for the long vacation,remember it is five month vacation so that we can have time for our love or don't you like the idea?". Alfred just breath,smile,and then nod and he went upstair. He entered his room, he take his bath and was resting when William his guard came in and said;
"Boss,what is bothering you or are you keeping something from me your friend?"
Alfred nod in agreement and replied;
"yes,William,something is really bothering me [he sit up] i won't deny that. I, Alfred Luggard is falling in love with two women of different class; one from a rich family and one is an orphan,neither rich nor poor and i don't know how to handle my feelings for princess, i mean cynthia and i am scared i am drooling for her".
William smile and ask;
"Boss,which clings to your heart the most,Cynthia or Linda".
[Alfred heart beat faster than ever] he said;
"William,............[he take a deep breath in and become silence then talk again] my heart beat faster for..........[he take a deep breath in and become silence then talk again] Cy....... Cynthia".
Williams was really surprised;
"Well if you say so, but you know there will be a dash between the two ladies or don't you know?".
Alfred was really disturbed in the spirit,he said;
"Well, i know and i don't know how to abstain from cynthia,she is so glued to my heart like my arteries and she is unable to pull off and i think she may be falling for me also".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by teamplayey: 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
First to comment:
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
teamplayey:
First to comment:
Thanks for the update
Oh that nyc u mak me api...d nyc story wil b dedicated 2 u o..

1 Like

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Kusibe77(m): 6:35am On Jan 29, 2015
I have catch up with the story.
Waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Cybershow(m): 11:15am On Jan 29, 2015
Kusibe77:
I have catch up with the story.
Waiting patiently.
Oh api 4 dat boss...wat du u want us 2 serve u
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by teamplayey: 11:33am On Jan 29, 2015
Cybershow:
Oh that nyc u mak me api...d nyc story wil b dedicated 2 u o..

. . . Waiting patiently
Re: Story:lost In A Cold World(an Emotional Story) by Kusibe77(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2015
Cybershow:
Oh api 4 dat boss...wat du u want us 2 serve u
kunnu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie At The Women Of The World Festival In London 2018 / == A Thief In The Church == ( A Short Story ) / "Mohammed Ali At The Ring-side, 1985" - A Poem By Wole Soyinka

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.