Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50762 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by miketayo(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
swimcash:
get a better andriod device. stop patronizin chinese fones. fones lyk infinix wit sum oda china fones alwayz av d problem of ova heatin

samsung is the best android phone whether u like it or not and it still heats up
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
nekaa:
okay.... you lost your bet
k...if u say so!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by silvercute(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/

First of all the name of the website you referenced is nonsense cos you idly setup a dumb page just to propagate your ignorance.

1. Android doesn't hang Please. Get an android phone of 3gb ram and tell me how the hell that would hang. In as much as there are substandard android phones everywhere that doesn't make the android OS a processor. Get your facts right!

2. Android utilizes battery power just as every other device does. Last time I checked blackberry has the worst battery. Try playing these heavy android hd games in blackberry and come back and praise android.

3. Drains data... funny But for your info IOS drains data more than android. Moreover phones like android, IOS and WP process better quality images thus the data usage. If you need poor graphic Please stick with your java or whatever.

4. I've been using android for good three years and your fallacy on Google play store is enough reason to conclude you are a outdated blackberry user.

Please get your facts right or better still buy a good android phone and make deductions from that.

Lastly give your webpage a befitting name. It sucks!

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by donbenie(m): 10:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
n01 fact is, ive used the phone you're currently using. n02 fact is, uve not used other platforms except from Android. You always think fish is the best until you taste chicken. n03 fact is it is pointless arguing with you cos you will never keep an open mind and face fact.
Lemme make this straight

I belive u use a high end phone
1. U want to tell me there is no time you made a selection in ur pjone and it tooks seconds before it responded? The more files and apps u have, the more seconds till ur phone begins to freeze

2. Its not my idea. Its fact. If you play the same game on iPhone on android. If iphone goes down by 5%, android would go down by 15%.

3. I onced used just 40 mb on an ipad, mtn 3G for 2 days. We all know thats impossible on android, and someone above said its because android offers better browsers abi internet experience? Now is there such thing as that? No. That is to show the level of ignorance im dealing with here. You tell me which browser on android is better than safari on ios? I dont come on nairaland to say what I like, ive never said what I like. I say what I experience.

4. Ever f.uking android phone ive held over heat after few minutes of use, it takes hours for an iphone to over heat.

5. Haba. To be a programer for apple and have your on the app store, you will have to pay a fee of $99. But android is completely free. Now with common sense which would have more crap in it store?
1.Why will your Android phone not hang when you're using a cheap Chinese 99 dollars smartphone,if you want to objective in your assessment of Android compare to IOS, wouldn't it be more sincere to compare the IPhone to one of the same price range like a Nexus 6 or a Motorola Turbo Maxx for instance
2.On the issue of battery life,unlike your Mumbo Jumbo battery test,objective battery test from reputable sites like Gsmarena and Phonearena has Android phones like Huawei Ascend mate 2,Note 4 and Xperia Z3 compact leaving the IPhone 6 battery life trailing,as do most Android Flagships .
3.On the issue of data consumption,Android products,unlike Apple products are true multitasking Beasts not like the IPhone which are glorified Feature phones unable to handle multiple applications running simultaneously in the background..yes,there's no Apple magic to it.
4.So every Fvcking Android phone you have used heats up?i guess you have not used enough Android,I currently use the Motorola Moto G,it costs like a third of the price of an IPhone and handles anything you throw at it,without breaking a sweat.
5.Apple charging App developers 99 dollars have nothing to do with ensuring quality apps,rather it is one more evidence of their money grubbing nature of fleecing their customers at any given opportunity.. When you pay 1000 dollars for a 200 dollar product just because you bought into the hype of Apple,you struggle to convince yourself and others into the lie you've bought..
And the shi.t you posted about Play Store being full of Malware shows how clueless you're about Android,give me a link anywhere that shows Apps downloaded from Play Store directly is Malware infested,you seem too myopic to differentiate between 3rd party unauthorised stores and the Play Store..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by 3kay945(m): 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
abbey621:
When would these kids stop posting rubbish on Nairaland. I have two android phones, the smallest is the Galaxy Note 4 and it does not hang at all, in fact it is so fast I can run 3 applications at a time without rooting. My samsung galaxy Note 4 never heats up, even after using it for 24 hours straight, in fact if I put my phone on power savings mode I can use it for 3 days and still have 30% battery life. Finally do you know what I love most about Android? Flexibility: The ability to tweak my phone as I pleased, I'm able to root my phone, do clockspeed and turn it into a well oiled machine, I use my phone to control everything from my Samsung TV to My Car, so the next time you decide to post rubbish, take time and do proper research, you'll be amazed at just how powerful an Android phone can be......
I love your smartness. cool
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ProfChris10(m): 10:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Op which kind android you dey use? Hope say no be, hmmmm,
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Alfred234(m): 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
killzone:
mehn am liking this guy my brothers lumia 520 rarely hangs and he has asphalt 8,gt racing 2,real steel,six guns and its just 512MB RAM even with windows 8.1 compared to the S4 played real racing on the S4 the thing hanged when I wanted to quit the game imagine smh
you just said my mind. Windows Phone 8.1 is just so cool even with 512MB RAM my lumia 630 runs smoothly without any hanging wahala.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by donbenie(m): 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2015
Phargbemmy:

Bros, my new samsung Tab3 7" has some of the features highlighted by the OP!, or U wanna say that samsung is a dumbass mobile android phone?
Your Samsung Tab 3 7, is a cheap @ss cra.p,so,just because you have a Phone or Tab with a Samsung logo,you think it's not a dumbass mobile,Seriously,you expect a Samsung Galaxy star for instance to compare to a Galaxy Note 4?just because they are both made by Samsung?GTFO..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by gustav25: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
n01 fact is, ive used the phone you're currently using. n02 fact is, uve not used other platforms except from Android. You always think fish is the best until you taste chicken. n03 fact is it is pointless arguing with you cos you will never keep an open mind and face fact.
Lemme make this straight

1. U want to tell me there is no time you made a selection in ur pjone and it tooks seconds before it responded? The more files and apps u have, the more seconds till ur phone begins to freeze

2. Its not my idea. Its fact. If you play the same game on iPhone on android. If iphone goes down by 5%, android would go down by 15%.

3. I onced used just 40 mb on an ipad, mtn 3G for 2 days. We all know thats impossible on android, and someone above said its because android offers better browsers abi internet experience? Now is there such thing as that? No. That is to show the level of ignorance im dealing with here. You tell me which browser on android is better than safari on ios? I dont come on nairaland to say what I like, ive never said what I like. I say what I experience.

4. Ever f.uking android phone ive held over heat after few minutes of use, it takes hours for an iphone to over heat.

5. Haba. To be a programer for apple and have your on the app store, you will have to pay a fee of $99. But android is completely free. Now with common sense which would have more crap in it store?
people,lets ask the almighty lord to forgive this our brother of blasphemy because he does not know what he is doing
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by donbenie(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:
D question is,how many nigeria actually use fones to it full potentials?..have u asked urself,y american,european and japanese keep buying iphone despite it cost?...nigerians only use fones for browsing,chatting and calling.
Most of them buys the IPhone for the hype and effizy of it,and get your facts right,most Europeans buy Android,not IPhones..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
holusormi:
Yall saying rubbish about iPhones not being customizable should please stfu ,, your unrooted android is as useless as an unjailbroken iphone ,, what rooting does to android is what jailbreaking does to ios and every aspect of ios is customizable up to icon size and colors and am not talking about installing launchers or any other rubbish you android fanboys install

I have used confirm high end android phones and presently I use an iphone and I can tell you categorically that iPhones beat androids hands down !!

Am not really gonna argue much about this but try to use an iphone with an android and i assure you , you won't wanna touch any android device with a 10 foot pole !!
nice....

piece of crap undecided

for ur info I have used both and still prefer the android.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by donbenie(m): 11:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
duduhemit36:

only if u knw dat all android re dsame......only diff are brand ...packaging....camera nd screen
Don't talk rubbish,what do you mean? All Android are the same,So a Tecno M3 and a Galaxy Note 4 are the same,just because they are both running Android?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by holusormi(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Baddestguyp:
nice....

piece of crap undecided

for ur info I have used both and still prefer the android.

Bros ,, am referring to people who used it in real life and not in their dreams ,, so am not talking to you ,, when it's time for dream users, I'll mention you ,, till then kindly get the fvck out of my face !!!

Thanks in advance
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 11:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
12inches1:

i was just abt to mention this but u beat me to it. i use 2013 lumia 620 with 512mb ram. It worka really well with very minute almost negligible lag times. Then i picked up my gf's infinix with octa core processor and 2gb ram running on kit kat and when it lags more than or almost the same as my windows phone 8.1 lumia 620 im like WTF. This thing has times 4 my lumia 620 ram. It shouldnt lag at all. Same for my dad's galaxy S4. Now imagine how a 2gb lumia will be. It will simply be heaven. An android with 512mb running kit kat would lag so much it willl almost be unusable.
now let me answer u. most android users use custom launchers that consume high amount of ram especially 3d launchers. plus how many android users force close apps? they just swipe it away and it still runs in background. now imagine more than 20 games and 20 apps running in background. next time get ur facts straight before posting crap
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by gustav25: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
holusormi:

Bros ,, am referring to people who used it in real life and not in their dreams ,, so am not talking to you ,, when it's time for dream users, I'll mention you ,, till then kindly get the fvck out of my face !!!

Thanks in advance
a dry soul
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LikeTheWind(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Lemme make this straight

Pls don't mind the stupid_ fellows. Most nairalanders are very stupid_ . The facts you stated are intermationally accepted facts. Anyone who is part of the online tech community will already be used to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 11:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
miketayo:

samsung is the best android phone whether u like it or not and it still heats up
which phone doesn't heat up
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
holusormi:

Thanks in advance
don't come here claiming crap u don't know. u can never customize an iPhone as much as u can with an android

*ignored*

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by donbenie(m): 11:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
killzone:
even with 2GB RAM it will still hang the ba3 part I agree with u,Drains Data pls use EDGE to chat not H+ drains data a lot. Over heat I agree with u and pls when u see a malware app on playstore won't u knw
If your data is draining, restrict background data,any phone over heats if pushed hard enough,and unless you are clueless,you should know that Play Store Apps are vetted and are Malware free,if you decide to download from 3rd party stores,which Google warns you against,you do so at your own risk..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by chumakk: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:
Buy android with 2gig ram and come back and tell me if the phone hang.

try gionee m2 and come back tell me which battery is better than m2

I flez with glo bis 3gig for 1k am ok with it

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

Depend on the kind of apps u download.....

Try android that will give you value for your money then come back and testify,

not cheap androids for game only
that glo 3g didn't work on my phone. how did you do it on your phone.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LikeTheWind(m): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
silvercute:

First of all the name of the website you referenced is nonsense cos you idly setup a dumb page just to propagate your ignorance.

1. Android doesn't hang Please. Get an android phone of 3gb ram and tell me how the hell that would hang. In as much as there are substandard android phones everywhere that doesn't make the android OS a processor. Get your facts right!

2. Android utilizes battery power just as every other device does. Last time I checked blackberry has the worst battery. Try playing these heavy android hd games in blackberry and come back and praise android.

3. Drains data... funny But for your info IOS drains data more than android. Moreover phones like android, IOS and WP process better quality images thus the data usage. If you need poor graphic Please stick with your java or whatever.

4. I've been using android for good three years and your fallacy on Google play store is enough reason to conclude you are a outdated blackberry user.

Please get your facts right or better still buy a good android phone and make deductions from that.

Lastly give your webpage a befitting name. It sucks!

Actually the OP is right.
1. Get a Windows phone of just 512MB ram and see if it hangs. So you need a phone of 2GB ram to prove that Android phones do not hang? Yes, Android Os is not a processor but Operating systems determine how well a piece of hardware can be utilized. Put WP and Android on the same phone and see which one makes better use of the hardware.

2. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. Battery usage depends on background processes.

3. I'll disagree with him on this too. WP drains data faster than _shit. But I disagree with you on the fact that smartphones drain more data because they render images better. They drain more data because of background processes making use of internet, system sending feedbacks etc. and they usually have higher screen resolution than feature phones. Even if you have images off, they'd still drain more data because they have more pixels to render.

4. Actually he's right, there are more malware spreading apps on play store than on any other store. you can google the percentage of malware on app stores.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 12:05am On Jan 04, 2015
LikeTheWind:

Actually the OP is right.
1. Get a Windows phone of just 512MB ram and see if it hangs. So you need a phone of 2GB ram to prove that Android phones do not hang? Yes, Android Os is not a processor but Operating systems determine how well a piece of hardware can be utilized. Put WP and Android on the same phone and see which one makes better use of the hardware.

2. Maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong. Battery usage depends on background processes.

3. I'll disagree with him on this too. WP drains data faster than _shit. But I disagree with you on the fact that smartphones drain more data because they render images better. They drain more data because of background processes making use of internet, system sending feedbacks etc. and they usually have higher screen resolution than feature phones. Even if you have images off, they'd still drain more data because they have more pixels to render.

4. Actually he's right, there are more malware spreading apps on play store than on any other store. you can google the percentage of malware on app stores.
I don't agree with number 1. most android apps and games run in background even when u close them, u have to force close them to stop them. and since most android users hardly switch off their phones, u get about 20-30 apps running in background at every given time plus hd games
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 12:08am On Jan 04, 2015
Alfred234:
IOS drains battery i agree but WP hanging is a lie my lumia 630 with 512MB RAM handles Alsphat 8 of 998mb very well without hanging i was even worried dat d game will not work bcuz of d phone's RAM but i was suprised by how smooth d game played on my phone, BBM is just about 15mb on WP and i don't see how a 15mb app would hang on a phone dat can run an app of 1gb smoothly. The only problem is dat d BBM on WP is not yet stable. As for d battery drainning problem i think ur friend's battery might b faulty bcuz my battery last's me up to 6hrs on heavy usage.
even an android with 345mb or so ram will run asphalt 8 without lags tell me something new undecided
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Alfred234(m): 12:19am On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
even an android with 345mb or so ram will run asphalt 8 without lags tell me something new undecided
Loooooool i won't say anything. Lmao!!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 12:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Alfred234:
Loooooool i won't say anything. Lmao!!
grin true, I know someone who uses it, one HTC like that, he plays hd games on it, as long as u force close other running apps except important ones it won't hang
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by LikeTheWind(m): 12:25am On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
I don't agree with number 1. most android apps and games run in background even when u close them, u have to force close them to stop them. and since most android users hardly switch off their phones, u get about 20-30 apps running in background at every given time plus hd games
Probably, and that's why freezing is listed among the bad qualities of Android OS.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Alfred234(m): 12:32am On Jan 04, 2015
Baddestguyp:
grin true, I know someone who uses it, one HTC like that, he plays hd games on it, as long as u force close other running apps except important ones it won't hang
Hehehe i didn't argue na grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 12:37am On Jan 04, 2015
Alfred234:
Hehehe i didn't argue na grin
grin grin but u still didn't believe, I didn't believe either at first grin grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 04, 2015
LikeTheWind:

Pls don't mind the stupid_ fellows. Most nairalanders are very stupid_ . The facts you stated are intermationally accepted facts. Anyone who is part of the online tech community will already be used to them.

I did nt just bother repling them again cos they are fools and silience is what they need
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Untrollable: 1:19am On Jan 04, 2015
THOSE ARE THE QUALITIES OF A CHEAP A$$ PHONE!! STOP BUYING DEM CHEAP CHINA PHONES BRUH! RUBBISH THREAD! angry angry angry
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by gbodimowo(m): 1:34am On Jan 04, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/

You can control 2,3,4,5 has been stated clearly install at your own risk
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ArtanK(m): 1:46am On Jan 04, 2015
I've had my HTC One since it was released, that's nearly two years ago and I've never experienced any of those things you have listed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Is Your Home Screen Better Than Mine? / Whatsapp To Stop Working On 43 Smartphone Models From November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.