Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

5 Major Disadvantages Of Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android (50691 Views)

Tech: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phones / 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android Phone / Android Phone Major Disadvantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by martineverest(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
D question is,how many nigeria actually use fones to it full potentials?..have u asked urself,y american,european and japanese keep buying iphone despite it cost?...nigerians only use fones for browsing,chatting and calling.
abbey621:
When would these kids stop posting rubbish on Nairaland. I have two android phones, the smallest is the Galaxy Note 4 and it does not hang at all, in fact it is so fast I can run 3 applications at a time without rooting. My samsung galaxy Note 4 never heats up, even after using it for 24 hours straight, in fact if I put my phone on power savings mode I can use it for 3 days and still have 30% battery life. Finally do you know what I love most about Android? Flexibility: The ability to tweak my phone as I pleased, I'm able to root my phone, do clockspeed and turn it into a well oiled machine, I use my phone to control everything from my Samsung TV to My Car, so the next time you decide to post rubbish, take time and do proper research, you'll be amazed at just how powerful an Android phone can be......
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Oyenirany(m): 8:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
OooH I only receive notificattion for this nonsense facts...
Whn you want to buy phones u check the specifications of that phone... U are using the lowest calibre of Andriod and you are complaining that it hangs whose fault...You carry your money go buy lowest grade you now start complaining and say all phones are bad ....... Beware any phone can hang when u are runing the application that is beyond the processor of that phone..
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by guyX(m): 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/
Many are mad, few are roaming.
you have a ram of 512mb and you're expecting lightening speed.
I'm guessing you know little about smart phones.
1. It hangs a lot . Solution: Get a phone with at least 2gig RAM.
2. Drains battery. Solution: Don't use a phone with a battery lower than 3500mAh.
3. Drains data. Solution: Restrict background data in phone setting(I mean everyone knows dat na!).
4. Over heats. Solution: Don't use your phone while charging. It also lowers the battery life.
5.Box of malware. Solution: Always check the ratings and comment before you download an app on Google play store.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Rhaspody(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
*Op is an iPhone iPad fan boy
When i saw the title of this post, I tot I will see a well
Constructed argument about the flaws of android. Instead I saw crap. Yeah load of crap from someone who knows only what he sees on the surface.
*Use older ipads and tell me if they do not heat up.
All electronic devices that use microprocessors heats up under load.
*No operating system is perfect. All OSes hang due to memory leak. Your almighty ios devices hang too.
*As for battery life goto www.gsmarena.com and look for the king of battery life. No iphone in the top 10.
*Compare sizes of the same app say Facebook on ios and android then tell me which one is bigger. If you want to mise data use opera mini.

Only android phones that hang are the low end phones with low specs. Some low end phones evenhave great battery life.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by abbey621(m): 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:
D question is,how many nigeria actually use fones to it full potentials?..have u asked urself,y american,european and japanese keep buying iphone despite it cost?...nigerians only use fones for browsing,chatting and calling.

Most Americans buy iphone because they are gullible. Americans love simplicity, even though the iphone has weaker specifications than the Samsung galaxy note 4, the way it is marketed cannot be rivaled. Nigerians can't fully utilize Android phones because we are still bound by poor electricity and Data restrictions.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:

Believe me, if we are to see one on one and argue this out, I will so finish you, I will become the new God you worship on Sundays. Cos I will bring out a note 4 and an iphone 6+ so it won't be based on the mouth but the eyes. I will show you all I said on the note 4 and we would carry out the exert same process on the iPhone and see the results. If you will, you will keep either of the note 4 or the iPhone. If I win, u owe me nothing

Dude. Note 4 rated the best smart phone out there at the moment and you need to know that it's on KK. How powerful do you think it would be when its upgraded to Lollipop.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by smudge2079(m): 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
Andy Roddick all d way.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by GodMode: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:

Android has more users than iphone globally.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
uchelovesyou:
IOS doesn't hang but drains battery and data but WP hangs a lot and even drains battery than Android .... My friends WP only for him to type message on BBM his battery went from 80% - 50%
WP hang wow, that's the first time I'm hearing/reading that.I admit that the bbm app is not to good on wp yet but it's not that bad.your friend's phone must be faulty!

op... some of your points are correct but every OS has it's flaws.as smooth as BB10 os and WP run, they are still lacking in apps aspect.

1 Like

Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by kentozybee(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2015
Akamo5:
that is ur own phone
not my infinix zero
my infinix hot overheats
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Sibrah: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
simdam500:
Op go get yourself an os10. And let me here word
+
Once fairly used OS 10 phones start becoming available for 12-14K, Then the cheap android phones will start feeling real heat.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Misogynist2014(m): 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Well that may happen only if u using dumbass mobile android phone. and there are lots of way to boycott data nowadays. #android 4eva#
Don't mind him, he's not done a good research.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by GodMode: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
abbey621:

Most Americans buy iphone because they are gullible. Americans love simplicity, even though the iphone has weaker specifications than the Samsung galaxy note 4, the way it is marketed cannot be rivaled. Nigerians can't fully utilize Android phones because we are still bound by poor electricity and Data restrictions.

Most Americans buy Google nexus or Iphone not samsung because samsung is not created by Americans...

How many Chinese or asians do you see using Iphone or Google nexus.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Kaybaba5(m): 8:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:
Dats y microsoft keeps pumping out windows phone with 512 mb dats are more powerful dan android 1gb ram......its because of all this disadvantages dat make android oem to increase d specs of their phones,,,,,iphone 4,lumia 530,520,630 and 535 re 512 mb ram and they run better dan android of 1gb

The op has said the truth , htc one na scrap the hotness of the phone can boil water. If the 3G is permanent cos I don't normally off my data. Before I dumped and bot iPhone 6 connection always with 3G cool pas ice block. Abeg iPhone na phone
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by abbey621(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
GodMode:

Most Americans buy Google nexus or Iphone not samsung because samsung is not created by Americans...

How many Chinese or asians do you see using Iphone or Google nexus.

Stop saying what you don't know. Apple sold more Iphones in Asia than any other continent apart from North America, so keep quiet!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
OCTAVO:
Lolzzzzzzz, go and buy high end Samsung phones. Don't Base your conclusion on all these China Android phones.

only if u knw dat all android re dsame......only diff are brand ...packaging....camera nd screen
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by kentozybee(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:
Buy android with 2gig ram and come back and tell me if the phone hang.

try gionee m2 and come back tell me which battery is better than m2

I flez with glo bis 3gig for 1k am ok with it

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

Depend on the kind of apps u download.....

Try android that will give you value for your money then come back and testify,

not cheap androids for game only
wats d sub code fr d glo bis
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Chigorkizz(m): 8:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=ritababe post=29461205]1.

Your phone overheat becus u on unnecessay apps switch them off and come back and testify.

Bro.is glo BIS working with android device?
like to get a glo sim.pls reply
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
runzlord:
Nothing in the Universe is perfect, noting like
MR Perfect, that is why i posted this article. Do you know many people love android at the same time so many people don't even think
about Android because of its major Disadvantages. Today I am going to
share with you some of the most
annoying Disadvantages of Android.

"I love Android" this is the slogan for many android users. But the other party says, Android is crap, Read the whole article to know why Android Sucks

1. Hangs a lot
Android is good at lagging and
continuously hanging your phone,
whatever you do it annoys a lot.
Whether you are playing games or you are browsing your gallery
or you are surfing internet, its hangs a lot.

2. Drain battery
Another disadvantages of Android is its drain battery very fast. You play games for 5 minutes and your battery meter drop from 98 to 82. This is how android sucks and eat up your battery as soon as you touch your phone.

3. It drains data
No other os uses data like android devices, just to open a few apps and browse a few pages, data count would already had exceeded your budget.

4. Over heats
This is serious problem for me, Android heats cell phone often. However if you have a good cover on your cellphone you may feel less heat, but if without cover just put your cellphone on your cheek you will find what I mean.

5. Box of Malware Google play store
I agree that Google play has some nice applications sorry many nice
applications but somehow spammers, hackers are ahead of putting malware in
Google play store. If you download 10 Applications a day, 6 will be substandard or malware, so be careful.

These are some of the Drawbacks of Android. this article is helps you to find more about Android and not discriminate it. Thanks.
@karo_runzlord

http://www.drawbacksof.com/disadvantages-of-android-5-major-drawbacks/
na tecno u dey use abi grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=Chigorkizz post=29463071][/quote]

yes its working
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by holatin(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
How does this change price of garri for market? Buhari show us your certificate
I wish you show d same enthusiasm when you failed your waec or failing jamb for the fourth time
but you re here requesting for what dat doesn't add to you and yourself
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
ollah1:

Dude. Note 4 rated the best smart phone out there at the moment and you need to know that it's on KK. How powerful do you think it would be when its upgraded to Lollipop.
Im nt dumb like most of the pple here. I knw what im saying, its a bet and the other party has nothing to loose.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Chigorkizz(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
ritababe:

is glo bis working with android.?lik to get glo sim.pls reply.
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ritababe(f): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
kentozybee:
wats d sub code fr d glo bis

which phone are you using?
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by daamazing(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
AKMoney1:
One thing is certain, op is using a blackberry phone.

Stop hating, embrace lollipop and dump berries
grin grin
datz ma quy..ur headz' dere..say NO to |#|RED BERRIES
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sibrah:
Most of the disadvantages highlighted here like Battery drainage and hanging are traceable to substandard hardware from phone manufacturers. Even brands like BB who have control over hardware and OS have most of the issues highlighted here. My main issue with android is the data usage and lack of good data plans, I think a new plan that gives android users an opportunity to update apps and download documents would kill BB totally, example would be a midnight plan that allows users to use time based plan, say, 15 hour and 500-1000 MB data cap for N500 only.
etisalat pay g exists for unlimited downloads, u can tweak it. I once used it for 4 days straight with just #200
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
holatin:
I wish you show d same enthusiasm when you failed your waec or failing jamb for the fourth time
but you re here requesting for what dat doesn't add to you and yourself
thunder wey go fire you if you quote me again resemble your master buhari. What i say on nairaland doesn't concern you. Don't be a Paul pry. Mind your business
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by simdam500(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Sibrah: +
Once fairly used OS 10 phones start becoming available for 12-14K, Then the cheap android phones will start feeling real heat.
ahahahahah u said that o
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Baddestguyp(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
martineverest:
and Samsung still leads the global smartphone market where's ur point bro
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by Preshochyx(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Akamo5:
that is ur own phone
not my infinix zero

My infinix zero battery doesn't last, if not d fone isn't bad but for d ba3... oh my!
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by ezekiel131(m): 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
Not my Cube Talk 7""" 2gb ram,,, octacore grin
Re: 5 Major Disadvantages Of Android by daamazing(m): 8:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
Chai dis yaba guy mad o...if android wif 3gb >>octa core |4500mmah|hangs nd drain ba3 ...wTf wil u say bout bbery @op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Lady Loses Her iPhone11 Pro Max: "Computer Village Is The Devil’s Workshop" / NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Mtn 2 Mtn Calls For Free At N50 Per Day/N200 Per Week (MTN JUST4U PACKAge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.