Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. (41519 Views)

Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Demdem(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
frankflix:

before u called somebody a fool
it shows u r a greater fool because with this ur reasoning, ur 20yrs in power can not change
ask those countries how long it take to get were they are

Fool, as at 2007, China was building 2 power plants every week. Power plants construction is no rocket science. We don't even Av to compete with China.
The question is how much has Jonathan added so far for the past 6 yrs?

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
diluminati:

See your big head like you have all the reasoning in the world. Lets start with South Africa you dundee. How long did it take them to generate that much power? I bet not long since 1960. Ewu anumpam! grin
You are a dunce. SA has been building power plants since the 1890s. Nigeria's first power plant was Kainji dam, built in 1963. We are playing catch up.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Ela59: 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
wise7:
it means most african countries are without power supply (total darkness)
"TOTAL DARKNESS" When are we going to compete with the rest?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by olamega(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
we have a serious problem in this country or may i say on nairaland! People (so called educated), just take information Hook, Line and Sinker, without crosschecking, reading well, even when you have an hyperlink connected to an information. there are a few things to note here:
1: The information is not current, it is 2012
2: What gives an idea of the reality on ground is the per capita figures, cos its relative to what individuals in the population gets as the actual supply. now look at this you'll see that Nigeria is ONE OF THE WORST IN THE WORLD.
We are among the LEAST.

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omonnakoda: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

who told you its not poor with those figures... some countires with just 20 million population generates 100s , we just 20 .. GEJ is doing everything to improve this esp the gas turbines. if only federal xter will allow it grow...they should allow states to generate and distribute and send the excess to the grid
Doing everything?? Wat exactly has he done. How exactly does "federal xter" affect electricity. The truth is that in the 16 years of PDP with over $40 billion spent NOTHING , ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has changed. In fact we are going backwards
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by LordVoldemort(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
@OP you ar as clueless as the clueless one, who is Nigeria 4th when south africa, egypt, algeria and libya ar ahead of us
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are a dunce. SA has been building power plants since the 1890s. Nigeria's first power plant was Kainji dam, built in 1963.

show me your proof, mr akamu
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by ayindejimmy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
donmalcolm21:
if other presidents before this regime had done what this regime is doing by privatizing the second and not embezzling 16billion dollars then we should be No 1 in Africa
I think 16 years is enough to generate enough power for our population. How many Kilowatt did pdp add to what they met?
If I remember rightly, the government that wasted 16 billion dollars on power was a pdp government. Not an opposition
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Akainzo(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
hopilo:

So China can not even generate power to meet their population and they are number one in the world. even almighty USA

You see your life! China generates the most electricity in the world, yet it is not enough for its citizens because they are in the billions! Despite that population, what China supplies to each citizen (3,493KwH) is 1/10th of what your country generates for ALL its citizens! And you want to celebrate? SMH.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by lilmax(m): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
lekhane:
which GEJ? I hope its not that clueless man from Otuoke who couldn't take us further from a spot for 6years
what do you have to say about the topic? A good or bad development?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by emiye(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
I am cocck sure Angola generates more power than Nigeria. Baring in mind Angola was ravaged by war for over a decade, the op who moved this to the frontpage ought to be so ashamed, but ignorance has covered the supposed shame

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omenka(m): 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
talk9ice:

OK. please can u shed more light on how u arrived at ur 185th of 124th per capital calculations?
"Calculations" Are you for real or just joking??

Click on the source jor.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 03, 2015
talk9ice:

OK. please can u shed more light on how u arrived at ur 185th of 124th per capital calculations?
You divide the generation capacity by number in the population. Nigeria Generating capacity is meant for a population of 10-20 million and not for 150 million because of the corruption of people like Liyel Imoke,Agagu and other Ministers of Power in the past that embezzled all the money.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
emiye:
I am cocck sure Angola generates more power than Nigeria. Baring in mind Angola was ravaged by war for over a decade, the op who moved this to the frontpage ought to be so ashamed, but ignorance has covered the supposed shame
Seconded
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
Re,tardness re-defined! Despite d huge bills i pay for non-supplied power, there's been no light in my hood d last 3 days! #change2015!
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Ela59: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
You are a dunce. SA has been building power plants since the 1890s. Nigeria's first power plant was Kainji dam, built in 1963. We are playing catch up.
Compare the two country via availability of resources not by yrs but by putting the right peg at the right pole. Our leaders wicked country. Jonathan failed to increase the rate for 6yrs.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
simplemach:
We will surely get there. With GEJ as the captain of the ship, Nigeria will soon become #1 in Africa and may be around #10th in the world. #GoodluckNigeria

This comment, and others like it, are exactly what we do not need for the progress of Nigeria
We should learn when not to call the politics card
SMH
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
seges:

You divide the generation capacity by number in the population. Nigeria Generating capacity is meant for a population of 10-20 million and not for 150 million because of the corruption of people like Liyel Imoke,Agagu and other Ministers of Power in the past that embezzled all the money.

If you know the total number of houses in Nigeria then we can have some figures. electricity go to homes not individual.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by UTEWUOJO: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
Things will only improve when Buhari assume office come 2015.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Biggty(m): 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rubbish list, light no dey ma area since two days now undecided undecided
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2015

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omonnakoda: 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
Not true Nigeria has been generating power since 1896 the power plant at Ijora has been there for decades don't know if it still functions but there were several others before Kainji

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by onitshaigbo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm so proud of my country Israel, with only 8 million in population, we produce more than twice the electricity (Rank #45, 53.04 billion kWh) than the 170-million strong Nigeria (#70, 20.13 billion kWh). I'm convinced that if we Igbo Jews have our own independent Jewish state, Biafra, we'd do much better than together with these non-Jews in this mess of a country called Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
[size=25pt]Who gave these people their data it has been generally accepted that we generate 2,000-3,000MW but their data has us as producing 20,000MW[/size]

If assuming all other data for other countries are accurate then it is a shame that countries such as DRC still embrioled in war and instability and with a fraction of our population still manages to produce twice what we do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_j5lcsDhfo&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V&index=41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP3IvyJuG2M&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bd71UMEYJ0&list=PLRzmuN0KKXK9WjHW14Wmbe6K7F7pL7Y4V&index=22

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
UTEWUOJO:
Things will only improve when Buhari assume office come 2015.

Buhari should come with a clear road map and tell me that he will give 24/7 power to all the homes in Nigeria before he can get my vote.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by ernieboy(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
donmalcolm21:
if other presidents before this regime had done what this regime is doing by privatizing the second and not embezzling 16billion dollars then we should be No 1 in Africa
how many megawatts has gej added to our power generation?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
omonnakoda:
Not true Nigeria has been generating power since 1896 the power plant at Ijora has been there for decades don't know if it still functions but there were several others before Kainji

THERE WERE ZERO POWER PLANTS IN NIGERIA UNTIL AFTER INDEPENDENCE. IF YOU CLAIM THERE WAS ANY NAME IT.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
AFRICA AT NIGHT - SATELLITE IMAGERY

[img]http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/images/fig5.jpg[/img]

http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/pages/fig5.htm
na waooo. so dark. the statistics might be correct afterall
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
ernieboy:

how many megawatts has gej added to our power generation?
He has'nt added any it declined from 4000MW to 3500MW as of December 14th 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by lekhane(m): 9:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
lilmax:
what do you have to say about the topic? A good or bad development?
I don't know cos I don't know our position before now, whether we are doing better or not.
Looking at my environment, I don't see any development at all
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
simplemach:
We will surely get there. With GEJ as the captain of the ship, Nigeria will soon become #1 in Africa and may be around #10th in the world. #GoodluckNigeria

These statistics are lying bro.
U live in 9ja so U knw they are lying
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
hopilo:

na waooo. so dark. the statistics might be correct afterall

A lot of the dark areas are in the uninhabited Sahara desert. and thick central African forests, plus the Kalahari desert, so it's no surprise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Salome Abuh: Killers Of PDP Women Leader Paraded In Lokoja / Road To Ikot Akpan Afaha, Palm Tree Plantation Site In Akwa Ibom (Photos)