Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. (41521 Views)

Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw / Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

These statistics are lying bro.
U live in 9ja so U knw they are lying
This is the current statistic as of December 14TH 2014 we decline by 500MW
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Ela59: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nigeria has more resources for generating electricty than any other country in Africa, and some fouls are still celebrating our leaders for their failure.

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omonnakoda: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:

THERE WERE ZERO POWER PLANTS IN NIGERIA UNTIL AFTER INDEPENDENCE. IF YOU CLAIM THERE WAS ANY NAME IT.
You quoted me too so I presume you are literate. Read what you quoted again. I do not argue about facts they are what they are . If you have any interest in the subject do your own research. I wonder why people make egotistic assertions with puffed up but empty and ignorant confidence
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by simplemach(m): 9:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

These statistics are lying bro.
U live in 9ja so U knw they are lying
is it that u dont want to believe something good can come out of Nigeria or what?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by grimng(f): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
Reading this post while my laptop is powered from my generator. GEJ promised power as part of his transformation agenda, we are yet to experience good steady power within 24 hrs only.

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Kagarko(m): 10:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
How much electricity has nigeria generated with the heavy corruption in NIPP?

LIBYA Generated more than 50,000 mw of electricity with a population of less than ten million people.

In egypt is a crime to import all sorts of generators cos they have more than they needed.

So how much have we generated with our population that makes us no 4 in africa?

2015 things.

Thank God nigerians are wiser than that crap political propaganda.

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by onitshaigbo(m): 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Does the figure include the electricity from generators?

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by stayblack: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
no light no development.livin in Mannheim since 13yrs, no light failure.monkeys nigeria can do better.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
simplemach:
is it that u dont want to believe something good can come out of Nigeria or what?

I believe something good will come out of Nigeria. But currently electric power in 9ja is below average.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

I believe something good will come out of Nigeria. But currently electric power in 9ja is below average.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/ Electricity droppend to 3500 MW
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by dasoul(m): 10:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
hopilo:
Current rating for top 100 electricity producers in the world shows Nigeria 4th in Africa, 70th in the world. more work needed to reach top 5 in the world and from the history of the nation in that ranking it took them over 30 years of consistent and articulated plan to reach that peak.

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=79&l=en

From what I gathered from that list, Nigeria rank 5th in Africa trailing South Africa, Egypt, Algeria and Lybia.

B4 u say 5th in Africa is not that bad, note that Nigeria's population is a little less than the population of those 4 countries put together.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hmmm… How come Error… How many of you currently have light now… Just a way to make us feel among… I refuse to be part of this…
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by sole0907: 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
simplemach:
We will surely get there. With GEJ as the captain of the ship, Nigeria will soon become #1 in Africa and may be around #10th in the world. #GoodluckNigeria
what you didnt consider before praising GEJ is the per capital generation
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by segnaira: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
I am tired of statistics or recorded. Give me something I can see. Using records 2 deceive themselves nt me. I am sure if I go 2 Morocco dat is directly behind us I will see light.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2015
seges:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/power-supply-drops-3500mw-due-gas-challenges-special-adviser/ Electricity droppend to 3500 MW

Seriouly. Y these freaking lies naa. We live in this country. We know provision of power in nigeria is drastically below average. Are we lying for ourselves or the rest of the world?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Feraz(m): 10:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

who told you its not poor with those figures... some countires with just 20 million population generates 100s , we just 20 .. GEJ is doing everything to improve this esp the[b] gas turbines.[/b] if only federal xter will allow it grow...they should allow states to generate and distribute and send the excess to the grid
Many gas turbines will not give us the required power output we need in this country. That is where we make mistakes. Instead of building to many gas turbine stations and taking up land mass, why not build a very large dam like China did with their Three Gorge dam that generates about 22GW - the largest in the world while saving cost and land space?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by bigfrancis21: 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
ROSSIKE:
AFRICA AT NIGHT - SATELLITE IMAGERY

[img]http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/images/fig5.jpg[/img]

http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/pages/fig5.htm

From the image, it can be inferred then that southern Nigeria is more illuminated than/experiences more electricity than Northern Nigeria.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by onitshaigbo(m): 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
Feraz:
Many gas turbines will not give us the required power output we need in this country. That is where we make mistakes. Instead of building to many gas turbine stations and taking up land mass, why not build a very large dam like China did with their Three Gorge dam that generates about 22GW - the largest in the world while saving cost and land space?

U wan BH to get opportunity to bomb one dam to flood half of the country? yeye pipu
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by texalux(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2015
Who do the rating self? Am sure its FDF propaganda, we may produce but did we real enjoy it instead we gave it to neighbouring country like Togo Dahome ghana to enjo why we. Budget 1 billion naira as our diesel money 4 aso rock alone per year, pls people should tink well b4 you post rubbish here! Change 2015!
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by obiZEAL(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
since morning we never see one drop of light for olowu...and Naigeria is 4th in africa?...na wa 4 africa be that.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
omonnakoda:
You quoted me too so I presume you are literate. Read what you quoted again. I do not argue about facts they are what they are . If you have any interest in the subject do your own research. I wonder why people make egotistic assertions with puffed up but empty and ignorant confidence

I take it you cannot name a single power plant in Nigeria before Kainji Dam (1963)?

Thanks. That was exactly what I said. Your colonial rulers brought in huge generators to power a few GRAs then occupied by Europeans. There was no national grid until the succeeding indigenous governments built one.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Adwexky(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Lagos?
JideTheBlogger:
No light in my hood for the past 3 months. mtchew**
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by netotse(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
Feraz:

where would this very large dam be built?
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by hopilo: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

From the image, it can be inferred then that southern Nigeria is more illuminated than/experiences more electricity than Northern Nigeria.

na gas flare from oil companies
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by netotse(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Chairman...I suspect you are erroneously referring to the heat signature from/of gas being flared in the Niger-delta as electricity in the South.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Feraz(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
onitshaigbo:

U wan BH to get opportunity to bomb one dam to flood half of the country? yeye pipu
You're a goat. Since Kainji dam has been there, have you heard of it being blown? If your IQ is very low and you cannot comprehend a simple comment, please refrain from quoting me. Thank you. smiley

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Feraz:
You're a goat. Since Kainji dam has been there, have you heard of it being blown? If your IQ is very low and you cannot comprehend a simple comment, please refrain from quoting me. Thank you. smiley
He's a PDP supporter he's just like his master GEJ both clueless
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by bigfrancis21: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Feraz:

I've actually thought a lot about Nigeria's power issues. Having a huge all-serving dam is wonderful, but we also need gas turbines to effectively utilize the naturally-occurring natural gas, a by-product of oil mining, which otherwise would have been wasted in gas flaring. The amount of natural gas wasted in gas flaring is enough to refine into cylinders and distribute round among Nigerians everyday for use at home as cooking gas. In fact, with all that natural gas, Nigerians need not to be paying to buy cooking gas. Citizens in countries where natural resources abound benefit from the privilege of having that resource in their backyard. All that wasted natural gas has to be utilized in some way into electricity production, which would also help to reduce environmental pollution and green gas effect.

Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
netotse:

Chairman...I suspect you are erroneously referring to the heat signature from/of gas being flared in the Niger-delta as electricity in the South.

Nonsense. Those lights reflect electricity, not a few gas flares in the delta.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by bigfrancis21: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
hopilo:

na gas flare from oil companies

I don't think so. The entire south is illuminated. Gas flare points in the south aren't all over the place but restricted to certain states in the south which would appear as points or dots when viewed from the satellite angle.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by omonnakoda: 10:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
Feraz:
What is the basis of this assertion. opinion of facts . Technically we know that single gas stations that generate over 5000 MW are possible and in existence.
Japan a gas importer has at least 4 stations producing over 3500M each and at least one over 5000MW. NigeriaDo we have similar water resources to China that can sustain anything like the Three Gorge Dam. Nigeria is ranked No.9 in the world in terms of gas reserves so I believe gas is the most obvious and practical source of power for us Let us pause and think BEFORE speaking.
Re: Electricity Generation: Nigeria 4th In Africa, 70th In The World. by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
netotse:

What would you say about the night sky brightness image of the US? The brightness of the entire eastern half of the US is due to gas flaring??

[img]http://www.inquinamentoluminoso.it/worldatlas/images/fig2.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Road To Ikot Akpan Afaha, Palm Tree Plantation Site In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Give Me Seven Weeks To Produce Witnesses, Obi Tells Tribunal