Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. (24926 Views)

Zahra Buhari's Wedding Postponed By A Week, The Politics Of A Quiet Wedding / El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare / Sambo Wants Elections Postponed For 6 Months, INEC Says Elections Will Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by uzolexis(f): 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
No way, I wish d elections can even take place tomorrow sef mk we hear word 4 dis APC vs PDP pple everywhere.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by olamkas: 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
simplemach:
So that he can still pray enof i guess. I see GMB trying to use pastors to achieve his dream of islamisation
your thinking seems wild.if that is the case then the so-called pastors are mumus.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Bitterleafsoup: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
uzolexis:
Kk
Beautiful hair wow!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by uzolexis(f): 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Beautiful hair wow!

grin grin wink Gracias
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by juman(m): 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nonsense.

Agent of pdp.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by vigasimple(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
All the Pastor's using the pulpit to got into politics are confusing the worshippers as to whether they are there to worship God or man.

Bakare has already prophesied that election will not hold, so, if it is then postponed, he could lay claim that his prophecy has come to pass.

The election results will be close but GEJ will still win because the voting reliable middle aged and elderly voters will decide to stay with an incumbent they knew rather than a challenger who may or may not deliver.

The North and the born to rule has made the country ungovernable for GEJ, and they want to use that to win election. Even if they somehow succeeded in winning they will not be able to govern for the same way they have approached GEJ will be revisited on them by Niger delta people.

The moral here is not to create chaos to achieve political end. No region or religion has monopoly of violence.

it is sad that Bhuari at 72years old is more concerned about being a a president rather good governance and a better country. He is very much desperate to become the President. He has already done a military coup before therefore on that account only he is a criminal whether or not has a mitigating circumstances.

Besides, what is Bhuari vision other than being the President? None na da. He can shout change 1 million times ,he is still the same person he was in 1983 and has no meanifull verifiable achievement or accomplishment since then except BORN TO RULE.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by asksteve(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
So this was why TVC had to cut his broadcast claiming he was revealing things that cannot be proven and that were capable of destabilizing the polity.
When I first read about this I was shocked cos he has already said all there is to say, I never knew shifting of the election date was what they didn't want him to sell to Nigerians.
All things being equally, Jehovah is our strength and he will see us through this trying times.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Mrbigman1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
If PDP wins, the terror party will form a parallel Govt as they ve promosed and like we ve seen in Syria and in oda Islamic nations. Wait first, whats d ratio of Christians to Musilms in dis Country?
Someone should ask Buhari why he arrested VP Alex Ekwueme and jailed him while d president whom Alex served under was left to walk freely? (1985 ) Is it because his an Igbo? Or is because he constructed d south eastern roads?
Their hatred for Us is somewhat unimaginable. Well, God knows everything but am not sure if he knows or understands how and y northerner crazy to rule ppl better dan dem? Y dey re always blaming every Christian for dia woes? All of u who re craving for GMB, same energy you all used in voting in Jonathan last time and now u clamor for change, I pray u Wnt call for another change 2019? Instability is the mother of all economic disability
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Afarozy(f): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
Thank God he said he want and thank God sum dnt want it change
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by simdam500(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
tit: they want to give buhari time to take ssce exams

a hahaha hahaha! lmao... funny.

but sound like it true. lol
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by simdam500(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
I think he has a point.... I don't want death!

I want a free, fair, graphics, election.

GMB will be relaxed and have enough time to trace where he kept his credentials
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by allisonluvsu(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
drlawizle:

Ds one wey you just dey talk ok to every post, are you sure you're ok?

oK
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Ray4edu(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pastor Bakare has right to his opinion but I think that we cannot continue to live in the fear of the unknown!
It's possible the anticipated violence might not really happen.The election must hold,and we owe the responsible to educate everyone around us that #ElectionNoBiFight
This goes to INEC as well, they don't have reasons to fail.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2015
tit:
they want to give buhari time to take ssce exams
and it may be true o abi? grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
Please I have to pray about this.
A lot have been delayed Co's of this election.
Come on Nigeria
Let our February be our February.

4 years interval, That's What we can't prepare for?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Dotunblaze(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sai Buhari until GEJ have shoes...
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2015
berem:
If an 85years woman can still farm without help,I wonder why a 72years old man cannot rule Nigeria.

RIP mama!
your obsession with dat semi illiterate called buhari has really affected you. Did you read the thread before commenting or you forgot urself ? Take it easy before u loose ur mind.....just an advice
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Sheggy13(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
MissMeiya:
Actually, he has a point. This PVC thing has been grossly mismanaged.

You would think this was Nigeria's first presidential election, with the level of unpreparedness INEC is exhibiting.
You're very correct. Most eligible voters will be disenfranchised because of the way the PVC issue was managed. Many people around me only have the temporary laminated one. I doubt if that would suffice for the election. Nigerians are really hungry for change and the kind of passion people display this time around to effect this change with their votes is unprecedented, compared with previous elections where there's this I don't care attitude. Sadly many of such people will be disenfranchised come 14th of next month, should this election go as planned. Whether this is intentional from INEC with the collusion of some other persons or not,that we can't tell;but surely this leaves much to be desired for us
as a country.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by tola9ja: 6:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
Red chair & black dress. While he was given New Year message to Nigerians. I will not even say anything

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2015
I am sorry, we are not extending the tenures. We must follow the constitution. We are not giving Buhari time to take GCE exams and I assume, Mister Buhari Ex-Vice Presidential Candidate, aka Pasta Bakare knows Buhari will not win, even if you give APC time, they will still field another illiterate.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by anonimi: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
allisonluvsu:
Ok.I really don't get. Election postponed? Some reason might have resulted to that thought. shocked

Could this be Plan B of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC Maybe they want to buy time to avoid imminent loss of the presidential elections while trying to replace their illiterate flag bearer.

Tunde did not specify whether we should postpone other elections too

- Governor
- Senator
- Representative
- SHA Lawmaker
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by D9ty7(m): 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
tit:
Shey he don buy form ni?
Abeg if you see him, tell him I have an extra mural class for him. Its for free, prof Osinbajo is the director there.
Oya make una dey curse me o

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Adex097: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2015
tit:
LMFAO!!!...

#GMB/Osinbajo cheesy
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by allisonluvsu(m): 6:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
halmeyd:

you are a NAMDAM
ok
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by D9ty7(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
Billyonaire:
I am sorry, we are not extending the tenures. We must follow the constitution. We are not giving Buhari time to take GCE exams and I assume, Mister Buhari Ex-Vice Presidential Candidate, aka Pasta Bakare knows Buhari will not win, even if you give APC time, they will still field another illiterate.
Are you trying to say, everyone in the party are illiterates?
Shebi they are all graduates of the University of Toronto abi na Toronto University?
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sheggy13:

You're very correct. Most eligible voters will be disenfranchised because of the way the PVC issue was managed. Many people around me only have the temporary laminated one. I doubt if that would suffice for the election. Nigerians are really hungry for change and the kind of passion people display this time around to effect this change with their votes is unprecedented, compared with previous elections where there's this I don't care attitude. Sadly many of such people will be disenfranchised come 14th of next month, should this election go as planned. Whether this is intentional from INEC with the collusion of some other persons or not,that we can't tell;but surely this leaves much to be desired for us
as a country.

I was talking to someone and he was really depressing me with the way he was talking. He was seriously like "what's the point", and this election was supposed to be DIFFERENT. I'm afraid that if the people who had the courage to HOPE this time around are disappointed, they won't ever try again.

The fact that citizens don't have a sense of ownership of their government is the root cause of much of Nigeria’s problems.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by caesaraba(m): 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2015
MissMeiya:

You can tell from the way people are talking about the election, no matter what the outcome, its credibility will be greatly in doubt. Which is just what the man said, so I don't know why people are abusing him. Unless they didn't read the OP, which is standard for NL. What percentage of eligible voters have been successfully registered?

And the difference this time is that people are actually eager to register, but are unable to do so. You hear stories about people waiting all day, returning the next day, and the next, and STILL don't have their PVC. You see pictures of children being registered to vote for PDP. And then INEC reveals that the FG has not released the money budgeted for the election.

And you understand why people don't have any faith in the voting system in Nigeria. It's as if we're waiting to see what they will decide to tell us, rather than what WE have decided.

I agree with the man. The incumbent government has entirely too much influence on the elections.

Did you know that, officially, challenging candidates are forbidden to campaign until four months to the election? I was shocked. And then the whole debacle with GEJ refusing to declare until the last minute to avoid the lawsuit against him running for a third term. The entire process is riddled with shadiness. Even the most optimistic person would be skeptical.

So there are still a few people with functional brains on NL like this? Keep it up abeg. Good contribution.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
caesaraba:

So there are still a few people with functional brains on NL like this? Keep it up abeg. Good contribution.

Lol thank you. Nairaland is a different place now.

I don't mind disagreeing with people, but no one says anything MEANINGFUL anymore. 95% of the people who replied didn't bother to read or respond to the very real issue that was brought up, which is that INEC has not made preparations for this election.

There was another thread about how Channels TV cut off a broadcast (this particular man, as a matter of fact) because his comments were deemed anti-government. You would think the comments would be discussing the appropriateness of a so-called private company practicing communist-style censorship, and whether Nigerian media is truly meeting their responsibility to objectively disseminate news and information to the Nigerian public. As far as I can tell, it didn't even occur to anyone.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Sheggy13(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2015
MissMeiya:

I was talking to someone and he was really depressing me with the way he was talking. He was seriously like "what's the point", and this election was supposed to be DIFFERENT. I'm afraid that if the people who had the courage to HOPE this time around are disappointed, they won't ever try again.

The fact that citizens don't have a sense of ownership of their government is the root cause of much of Nigeria’s problems.
You couldn't have said it better. If people are disenfranchised on a massive scale which I forsee following the trend, there will be this unprecedented voters apathy in subsequent elections which does not portend well for our nascent democracy.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by donbrowser(m): 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
tit:
WICKED!!!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sheggy13:

You couldn't have said it better. If people are disenfranchised on a massive scale which I forsee following the trend, there will be this unprecedented voters apathy in subsequent elections which does not portend well for our nascent democracy.

I'm saddened by this trend. You see momentum building (in this case, civic engagement; in the last case, Bring Back Our Girls), and then it just DIES. It's a terrible precedent to set. It will be twice as difficult to get the trust and hope of Nigerian citizens a second time. It might even skip a generation--then they won't be wary and disillusioned because they haven't yet experienced the disappointment of realizing that Nigeria doesn't truly belong to them.

The cycle needs to be broken. I'm afraid to see this generation's optimism shot down, like the expectations of our parents were.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare Wants Elections Postponed By Six Months. by fesnge(m): 7:04pm On Jan 05, 2015
Well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen / Multiple Bomb Blasts At CBN Quarters In Maiduguri. Photos/Video / Fayose Threatens To Sue Osinbajo, Demands Panel Report On SGF Lawal & NIA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.