Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. (33624 Views)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Xerum(m): 1:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
OP,

And you finally show your true colour with the below comment.

And you say you are not jugdemental? Since when are you the one to decide for others what is good or bad?

Are you saying that there is actually a good way to do bad things?

Be the one to cast the first stone bro!
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

That is the problem. You can't even recognise logic even if it hits you in the face. People point it out to you because it is the truth.

I just stated that you are incapable of recognizing logic and your next question just does more justice to the assertion.
Do you know what chain reaction is?

I feel ashamed at your display of pseudo intellect.
It's okay if you don't. A mad man is never ashamed, his relations and family members are the ones who get to be ashamed on his behalf

Pseudo-intellect is better than no intellect at all. grin

Have a nice day feeling ashamed Mr Emotional grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Chibaby87(f): 1:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
As they are jobless, I believe you be of help for them by providing work for them. I came to ogun state where I served to search for work in Lagos, it doesn't mean am a harlot. So I need help from you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
Xerum:

OP,

And you finally show your true colour with the below comment.

And you say you are not jugdemental? Since when are you the one to decide for others what is good or bad?

Be the one to cast the first stone bro!
It is funny how you reason.

The person I quoted said that her friend's lifestyle is [b]bad[] but she is doing it to help her poor family, and then concluded by saying that I should not judge them until I have read the story.

So I asked if there is actually a good way to bad things.

It is a question and I am directing it to you now...... Is there a good way to do bad things?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

How many cases out of 10 is the contraceptive used from start to finish of the act? More like asking a person to solve advanced calculus during orgasm.
Most STDs can be transmitted through other bodily fluids especially through blowj:obs and cunninlingus.
Where are the contraceptives to avoid those
What about crack heads prostitutes that are into group sex and sharing needles. Any contraceptives for them You are still lacking in solid foothold. undecided

The rights and whatever of prostitute cannot and will never curb the menace the unleash upon society .
A male going to a brothel is doing society a favor as he is helping a disadvantaged undisciplined female financially. Are you backtracking again Or wasn't that your earlier postulation undecided

Again logic eludes you. Enacting and enforcing laws are two different phases entirely. I wonder how you missed that in the bid to prove a non existent point about Nigeria.

Forbidding marriage does not solve the issue of battering. Wife battering maybe. I wonder how it ends rape
Logical deficiency again.

Since you have repeatedly insulted me, you can continue the discussion with people who are at your level.

Come back when you learned how to control your emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2015
juianne95:
OP,d money is worth it...

Money makes d world go round

Even d bible says "owo ni keke ihinrere"

Talking from experience? And I beg to differ no amount of money is worth a woman's virtue,... but only the too stupidd would argue this.

You see even if it as broke I wouldn't steal, or be a gigolo. So for you to say it's worth it shows where your moral compass points. Well good luck with raising your daughters that way.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 15, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by hardbody: 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
Xerum:

May you continue to increase in wisdom bros.

I wonder o. Why is this a female only issue as some people already asked!? When guys / men do same, you don't have an issue with it.

And when these ladies ask you for money to arrange very basic things, you will be the first to come on Nairaland to call them all sorts of names. When they take the initiative, get the bull by it's horns to put their lives in order and be self-reliant and self-dependent, it is not good either.

And btw most ladies are smarter than you think bro, the ones that will prostitute will still do it even if they remain in the villages.

And you say you are not here to bash women, hmmmm.. That is exactly a good reflection of how female-unfriendly our society is. You gave the example of the one that only stays at home when she is having her period. How do you know? Did she tell you? Of course you are free to ask whatever question and however, it is a free world. But your approach and insinuations are flawed bro. Our women in Africa deserve more respect. They are the ones keeping the homes, in the village they do all sort of manial choirs (fetch water kilometers away from hom, fetch firewood, cook food, take care of the kids, serve the men sexually etc) in combination with the hardships some have to put up with, with some terrible in-laws. I actually thot this was really too low for me to respond to, but got encouraged by hardbody.

Thanks bro.

I am even encouraged by your post too. it is a terribly chauvinistic society.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by ixora3(f): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2015
Some of dem u won't blame dem,pple around u nt even family members kip asking dem,u no go go find work?as if u lazy or somEtin.but I tink stayin @home to look for dis jobs is better dan goin to live in d city.is nt even easy for a working class lady in d city let alone does who don't ve jobs.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Timotos: 2:19pm On Feb 15, 2015
The prostitutes, @ d end of d day, they will get married 2 som1
responsible.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Abbey2sam(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Please, just tell me where to find those quotes in the bible and I'll stop arguing.

go and read ecclesiastes chapter 10 vers 19

please read and tell me what it says
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
Abbey2sam:

go and read ecclesiastes chapter 10 vers 19

please read and tell me what it says

Ecclesiastes 10 verse 19 (Good news version)

"Feasting makes you happy and wine cheers you up, but you can't have either without money"

So, how is it "Owo ni keke ihinrere"?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
They are not the ones I am talking about.How do they feed?
what are they doing in the city?
elder brother to prostitution
Job seekers are diff
The post says "without job or handwork"
there is no list sir.
Lol. I like your response(s) bro!
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2015
Xerum:

May you continue to increase in wisdom bros.

I wonder o. Why is this a female only issue as some people already asked!? When guys / men do same, you don't have an issue with it.

And when these ladies ask you for money to arrange very basic things, you will be the first to come on Nairaland to call them all sorts of names. When they take the initiative, get the bull by it's horns to put their lives in order and be self-reliant and self-dependent, it is not good either.

And btw most ladies are smarter than you think bro, the ones that will prostitute will still do it even if they remain in the villages.

And you say you are not here to bash women, hmmmm.. That is exactly a good reflection of how female-unfriendly our society is. You gave the example of the one that only stays at home when she is having her period. How do you know? Did she tell you? Of course you are free to ask whatever question and however, it is a free world. But your approach and insinuations are flawed bro. Our women in Africa deserve more respect. They are the ones keeping the homes, in the village they do all sort of manial choirs (fetch water kilometers away from hom, fetch firewood, cook food, take care of the kids, serve the men sexually etc) in combination with the hardships some have to put up with, with some terrible in-laws. I actually thot this was really too low for me to respond to, but got encouraged by hardbody.
Dunno if your comment is for this post or if you mixed up a comment meant for another thread with the one meant for this one............

I started this thread with Living in the city without a job or handiwork, how ladies cope. This should tell you that the post is about a set of people and not all African women as u said in your comment.

Then I listed stuffs they do and the sorry life some of them live here and concluded by asking if the money is worth what they pass through.

So where and how did I bash women

As for the lady that stays @ home only when she is seeing her period, I won't say much about her but if you need proof then I suggest you come down here and I will host you until you are sure that I wasn't lying.

If in the end you didn't see enough evidence to believe then I will come online, create a thread and apologise to all ladies on Nland and deactivate afterwards.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by AreaFada2: 5:56pm On Feb 15, 2015
Op has raised very pertinent questions.

They are all over social media too. Before you say "hello" to them, they want money. Very needy, many of them.
Even those that have jobs, many have poorly paid ones.

It's worse in December when they need money to return to village to form big city girl. Pathetic.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by hardbody: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Dunno if your comment is for this post or if you mixed up a comment meant for another thread with the one meant for this one............

I started this thread with Living in the city without a job or handiwork, how ladies cope. This should tell you that the post is about a set of people and not all African women as u said in your comment.

Then I listed stuffs they do and the sorry life some of them live here and concluded by asking if the money is worth what they pass through.

So where and how did I bash women

As for the lady that stays @ home only when she is seeing her period, I won't say much about her but if you need proof then I suggest you come down here and I will host you until you are sure that I wasn't lying.

If in the end you didn't see enough evidence to believe then I will come online, create a thread and apologise to all ladies on Nland and deactivate afterwards.

While your response is not directly for me, i have no doubt whatsoever that i hold the same views as the guy you are responding to and my reasoning stands. Leave the girls/ladies/women alone. They never get it right with us men. When we are not querying why they haven't married, we are wondering whether it makes sense for them to live in a house as single ladies. Some say you should not date a lady that drives or owns a car, others say she should not be richer than you, Haba.

There is no evidence in the stuff you posted. If any lady comes to the city, she has come to make ends meet. I dont justify immorality but what guarantee is there that the person will still not be bot immoral and amoral in the village. Let them be, to each his own. A better question will be , what do PEOPLE gain when they leave the village and come to the city. We can then look at both the ladies and gentlemen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by nwonufestus(m): 10:38pm On Feb 15, 2015
naija n city runsgals since 18BC
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Abbey2sam(m): 12:04am On Feb 16, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Ecclesiastes 100 verse 19 (Good news version)

"Feasting makes you happy and wine cheers you up, but you can't have either without money"

So, how is it "Owo ni keke ihinrere"?

read New king James version (NKJV)

this is what it says ecclesiastes 10 : 19

A feast is made for laughter, And wine makes merry; But money answers everything.

@bold, that translates to "owo ni keke iyin rere" go and read the yoruba version
except ofcuz, you're trying to tell us that samuel Ajayi Crowther didn't translate it well

please stop arguing blindly
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 8:50am On Feb 16, 2015
Abbey2sam:

read New king James version (NKJV)

this is what it says ecclesiastes 10 : 19

A feast is made for laughter, And wine makes merry; But money answers everything.

@bold, that translates to "owo ni keke iyin rere" go and read the yoruba version
except ofcuz, you're trying to tell us that samuel Ajayi Crowther didn't translate it well

please stop arguing blindly
my bros, good morning. My dad's Yoruba version says "Owo si ni idahun ohun gbogbo"

I still cannot find "Owo ni keke ihinrere"

Yes, I know money answers all things, which Yoruba christians translate 2 mean "Owo ni keke ihinrere". But that doesn't mean that the quote "Owo ni keke ihinrere" is in the bible

I understand what I'm saying, and the point you're trying to get across, but please don't add to the bible.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Abbey2sam(m): 9:28am On Feb 16, 2015
MissSlimbody:
my bros, good morning. My dad's Yoruba version says "Owo si ni idahun ohun gbogbo"

I still cannot find "Owo ni keke ihinrere"

Yes, I know money answers all things, which Yoruba christians translate 2 mean "Owo ni keke ihinrere". But that doesn't mean that the quote "Owo ni keke ihinrere" in the bible

I understand what I'm saying, and tge point you're trying to get across, but please to add to the bible.

good morning
i get your point,We are saying the same thing, just in different version lol
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 9:33am On Feb 16, 2015
Abbey2sam:

good morning
i get your point,We are saying the same thing, just in different version lol
Its all good smiley
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by JaneKenedy: 10:24am On Feb 16, 2015
what have u done to help them, hv u tried providing job and they continued. or hv u tried to sustain her without asking for anything in return. or you thought u just walk up to somebody u r not close to posing ur self as a saint and the person opens up to u. some one said dont judge pple by what u see, or by what the person merely say to u.....they could all be defensive mechanism. you think pple enjoy prostitution, ever wondered why most prostitutes are alcoholics too. know that when you point one finger at smone, three are pointing back @ you.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by dahreyM: 10:39am On Feb 16, 2015
softysparky:
I think the worst is living with your
parents, being jobless and prostituting from home.

u sounded lyk u've tried it b4

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.