Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. (33645 Views)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by GodMode: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Nigeria's government cannot be blamed enough so I disagree with you.

There are countries in which prostitution is not the result of desperation.

I am not and that makes me even more compassionate to the situation people face in this country.

Not everyone considers prostitution wrong. You do, probably for religious reasons but you is not everyone.

I, for my part, am thankful that some women choose this path, if not because they are forced to due to life circumstances, because I believe that without prosti*tues ra*pe would take place more often. Consequently, I am grateful, some ladies do it.

Just because she doesn't do it because of poverty, doesn't mean others don't.

I don't understand.

carefreewannabe:

How do you know that majority of them are in it for different reasons than poverty in a poverty-stricken country without any social security system people can fall on?

Do you know majority of them? Are there any statistics?

You cannot compare prostitution to robbery. Prostitutes help people and at worst harm themselves. Robbers hurt others to help themselves.

What other alternative has a lady got in Nigeria if she cannot find a job and has to feed her illiterate mother and her younger siblings?

Rubbish...
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 15, 2015
GodMode:

Rubbish...

Is that all that your mouth can splutter? Rubbish?

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Certifiedboss:

Let me quote you "if guys can do it without being called gigolos why can't ladies do same" ? Please broaden that out and tell me the meaning.... It's like saying if Mr A can steal and not be punished why can't Mr B steal and go free... Is that statement not justifying stealing

Good. You should have asked me to elucidate on it, not giving me the implicit meaning on your own.

I meant, if guys can leave their parents house in the quest for self-sufficiency without being tagged gigolos, why can't girls...ladies do same. smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by 9jatatafo(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Everyone both male and female have hope of surviving so it is not about having job or skills before coming to the city. How many people in Nigeria as a whole have job? Unemployment is a global problem so don't narrow it down only to the city. In human behaviour and economics, there are people that will never work even if the job is there. We have prostitutes working as bankers and in other places. Prostitution is as old as man itself.
Just the way we have armed robbers who are gainfully employed with good jobs. The problem is that moral values are eroding so fast.
Any girl praying for a guy to cook for and sleep with before she could eat is just a survival instinct, with time her level will change and she will upgrade. It is called street life.
On the other hand, I believe that the OP is well to do so you don't know what it feels like to be in a situation where you don't know where your next meal will come from. Happenings like these will make you to appreciate life.
Owu dey this country and I will suggest that you go to the slumps and ghettos to see what people are going through.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by r33d(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
Do what you have to do to live decently. Life is beyond money, wealth and acquiring properties. I agree with a lot of people here that life becomes difficult if you have nobody to support you. Gladly, I would say that not all lucrative occupations are decent or morally upright even in the eyes of an atheist.

Live proudly and justly. If not for anything, just for the sake of peace of mind. If you have little or much, be content with it. Don't feed your greed and it won't grow. cool
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by ffo(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2015
juianne95:
OP,d money is worth it...

Money makes d world go round

Even d bible says "owo ni keke ihinrere"
please do not misquote or add to God's word. its a sin and can bring curse on you. where in the bible is the verse you quoted?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Certifiedboss: 12:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Good. You should have asked me to elucidate on it, not giving me the implicit meaning on your own.

I meant, if guys can leave their parents house in the quest for self-sufficiency without being tagged gigolos, why can't girls...ladies do same. smiley

Thanks dear... Kindly follow back
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by justmag(m): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
The more I read comments in this post the more I see the guilty ones. God has a funny way of revealing things to us. smiley
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

This is even worse.
Prostitution reduces rape?
Such blatant falsehood.
Last I checked prostitution is still illegal in Nigeria and it should be condemned with all vehemence. There is no justification for the act nor should poverty serve as an excuse. I know people who have hit rock bottom financially and slowly climbed back up without losing a shard of their moral fabric.
Next thing you will say is that you are grateful to drug peddlers because they help satisfy the cravings of certain addicts.

You are entitled to your opinion.

I don't agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

Like seriously
By serving as depots for varieties of STDs and even HIV which they willingly distribute to unsuspecting fellows for a fee undecided

I like your logic.

So does polygamy, even more. grin

And you have just mentioned another argument for the legalization of prostitution. In a regulated environment, prostitutes are protected and required to use contraceptives.

Like it or not, prostitution has always existed and always will. If you think that it changes or solves any problem because you condemn it, then continue deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:48pm On Feb 15, 2015
Abbey2sam:

are you sure your a Christian?

Please, tell me where it is written in the Bible, that "Owo ni keke ihinrere"
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
iSmalles:
Hezekiah 6 v1

Maybe (shrugs)
Bros, which version of the bible do you use

I can't seem to find the book of Hezekiah in mine. sad
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by stpat1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2015
This same thing is what I ask myself every time I meet such ladies.
Why would you leave a region you are conversant with and move to a region where you barely know anyone without any source of income in sight?

I see such ladies around and all he has said is true.

Though I seem not to be able to find the right answer to the questions cos I might just be seeing the scenario from my own perspective.

I hope none of my sisters, close relations or friends find themselves in such a situation.

I wish someday I can help to empower a lot of them especially the single ladies.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by stpat1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2015
This same thing is what I ask myself every time I meet such ladies.
Why would you leave a region you are conversant with and move to a region where you barely know anyone without any source of income in sight?

I see such ladies around and all he has said is true.

Though I seem not to be able to find the right answer to the questions cos I might just be seeing the scenario from my own perspective.

I hope none of my sisters, close relations or friends find themselves in such a situation.

I wish someday I can help to empower a lot of them especially the single ladies.

God is your strength.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Abbey2sam:

And you're still arguing blindly,

this is no assumption, go and ask your parents, abi you don leave your parents house and move to the city too? lol

Please, just tell me where to find those quotes in the bible and I'll stop arguing.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

Polygamy is between a group of people who are supposed to be faithful to their vows. It is a thousand times more reasonable, honorable and acceptable than the crime of prostitution.

That's not the point. The point is that it is more susceptible to STDs.

That is not a point for legalization of such abhorrent evil. It is even a reason to increase the severity of their punishment. Contraceptives or not prostitutes are a haven for STDs and everyone knows that for the right price or excitement the contraceptive rule is more often than not flung out of the window as only undisciplined people are prostitutes.

At least in a legal environment, they have to undergo tests regularly. Prohibition will not solve any problem.

Very lame retort.
Wife battering and rape have been around for centuries and always will whether you like it or not and if you think saying anything will stop it then you can keep receiving yourself.
How does it sound smiley

Like a cheap imitation.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by MissSlimbody(f): 12:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChiSun27:

Your own slim na baba where lepa shandy dey....u no dey chop? Abi dem no feed you with fatty foods when u dey small?
Bros, no mind me oooo. I no dey gree chop. My people don complain tire.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2015

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Gamboh55(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

Like seriously
By serving as depots for varieties of STDs and even HIV which they willingly distribute to unsuspecting fellows for a fee undecided

I like your logic.

I doubt if those shitty thoughts came fom her head...People now justify reasons for going into prostitution..God help us..
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Gamboh55(m): 1:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

It is funny how your opinions contradict one another on various threads due to the heavily biased lens through which you are accustomed to viewing situations.

Please next time a person cheats on their partner with a prostitute I hope you will back him up against a morally sound castigator seeing as he was only trying to help an economically disadvantaged prostitute.

Very shameful.

one love bro...

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

It is funny how your opinions contradict one another on various threads due to the heavily biased lens through which you are accustomed to viewing situations.

Never mind, I am used to folks on NL saying that I contradict myself just because they can't follow superior logic.

Please next time a person cheats on their partner with a prostitute I hope you will back him up against a morally sound castigator seeing as he was only trying to help an economically disadvantaged prostitute.

Are we discussing cheating or prostitution? Another failed attempt to put a reasonable argument forward.

Very shameful.

You feel ashamed? I don't.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by 100Cents: 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
juianne95:
jumping to conclusion,u can't jx mk assumptions out of ur own observation

He asked a question.

Ladies who live villages to reside in the city without jobs. How do they survive. What's the judgement in there ?

Are you one of them ? Oya, educate us..

I have been reasoning the same thing lately.. I see few of them around. Some their villages are 15 km away but they relocate to the city and live in shanties just to be close to civilization leaving their parents and siblings behind..
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
Gamboh55:

one love bro...

Gay alert. grin

Next time, you have something to say about me, speak to me directly instead of searching for allies because you are yet to grow yourself some balls.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Gamboh55(m): 1:10pm On Feb 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Gay alert. grin

Next time, you have something to say about me, speak to me directly instead of searching for allies because you are yet to grow yourself some balls.
grin grin grin It so happens that u're as irrelevant as your opinion
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2015
Nonso23:

How? 10 people in a closed sexual cycle are more susceptible to STDs than a person in an open sexual cycle with an infinite number of customers. Very sound logic.

A prostitute uses contraceptives, unless she is suicidal. A punter too, unless he is suicidal.

Why do you like to speak like you are in a universe where everything is ideal
How many people are even registered as prostitutes in these advanced countries?
How many of them even accept the tag of prostitute?
Then water that down to how many of them get tested?

The rights and protection of prostitutes have been on the political agenda not a long time ago. There have been progress made.
The problem now is with the prostitutes who are brought to advanced countries by human traffickers. This is illegal and punishable.
Blame poverty, blame human traffickers and those people who go to dubious brothels, most of them are male.

Prohibition will not stop it nor completely eradicate it but will keep it at a bare minimum.

Yeah, right. grin
Nigeria is the proof. grin

No I believe those are valid reasons to encourage rape and marital battery.

No, let us forbid marriage, that will solve the problem according to your logic. grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
Gamboh55:

grin grin grin It so happens that u're as irrelevant as your opinion

It so happens that I am not as long as it bothers you. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Xerum(m): 1:15pm On Feb 15, 2015
hardbody
You may be rigjt about my path and hands but why must it be ladies and women always? When its not about them not getting married, it about them living as single ladies all alone.....

What a backward society you all have and celebrate. A group of people refusing to use their time meaningfully to think out good initiatives only coming tough on why women should this or that. Haba

May you continue to increase in wisdom bros.

I wonder o. Why is this a female only issue as some people already asked!? When guys / men do same, you don't have an issue with it.

And when these ladies ask you for money to arrange very basic things, you will be the first to come on Nairaland to call them all sorts of names. When they take the initiative, get the bull by it's horns to put their lives in order and be self-reliant and self-dependent, it is not good either.

And btw most ladies are smarter than you think bro, the ones that will prostitute will still do it even if they remain in the villages.

And you say you are not here to bash women, hmmmm.. That is exactly a good reflection of how female-unfriendly our society is. You gave the example of the one that only stays at home when she is having her period. How do you know? Did she tell you? Of course you are free to ask whatever question and however, it is a free world. But your approach and insinuations are flawed bro. Our women in Africa deserve more respect. They are the ones keeping the homes, in the village they do all sort of manial choirs (fetch water kilometers away from hom, fetch firewood, cook food, take care of the kids, serve the men sexually etc) in combination with the hardships some have to put up with, with some terrible in-laws. I actually thot this was really too low for me to respond to, but got encouraged by hardbody.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? / Bob-manuel Don-christian: 'My Wife Had A Son For Another Man'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.