Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

unHOLY MATRIMONY - Literature (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / unHOLY MATRIMONY (170381 Views)

The Matrimony, The Blessing: A Mothers advice and prayers for the Daughter / Holy Matrimony, A Novel / Patron Of Matrimony Shortlisted For ACT Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:39pm On May 02, 2015
prettydiva89:

lol.. maybe
Are you laughing at me? You get mibd
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 10:42pm On May 02, 2015
All I want is the best for ma darling Wande, the best which is Segun although he has his own baggage also (Sade the slu.t), I'm not cool with the fact that they slept with each other that early buh we are all humans with blood running thru our veins and needs, so I forgive them cos we all are prone to make mistakes. Charles doesn't deserve Anna one bit buh it's Anna's decision to make. For Mr Tade, I wonder what he's gonna do with his life now that he has given up on Wande and Bola and taken the poor kids with him buh I know that when he gets back to his senses and realises that he needs Wande, it would have been too late by then.
Dear candy, it is comforting knowing u didn't forget me. Welcome back and thanks for the beautiful updates.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by QueenTolpatx(f): 10:45pm On May 02, 2015
Has any1 tot abt who the collatera damage of all these atrocities is? Hmmm....its so sad we keep talking abt the atrocities of all of em but 4got who really is the victim here

Wande mite end up with segun who may accept her even after listening 2 her story and eventuall av his baby

Tade and bola may eventually patch tinz up and end up 2geda also wif their kids

Anne may also forgive charles and move in with him bk...

But The twins......will always av a step dad and step mum which is very much unpleasant....

Assumptions rem.......but it always falls bak on the kids..........thanx candy 4 the updates
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 11:18pm On May 02, 2015
candy thanks 4 d update
Charles d bastered. Ann free urself from him coz he is with u 4 ur money
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:34am On May 03, 2015
Something tells me Tade won't forgive Charles that easy.....I'm scared for Wande's twins and Bola's kids,btw candy wasup with Tade's parents? They've been absent here for a while,guess they don't know what's happening yet. Weldone Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 10:21am On May 03, 2015
ArrowAssassin:
Are you laughing at me? You get mibd
and you got what?
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 1:59pm On May 03, 2015
Anna has totally been kept in the dark. What will she do if she realises wande's twins are charles'?

Team... Tade and Bola, wande and Segun...hmm... Charles and Anna own get knocked knee(lol)

kudos candy!
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by kenwins(f): 1:59pm On May 03, 2015
Please, don't let tade get wande back. I am just so scared of your twist that i had to beg.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tsodjete: 3:16pm On May 03, 2015
candy:

Wow! Congrats to the new mum on the block. May your bundle of joy continue to bring joy and laughter to your family in Jesus name. Good news on my thread!

Amen. Thanks dear. Wishing and your family the same. May God protect them for us. Thanks so much for the dedication, you are such a wonderful person. My family appreciate it so much
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 03, 2015
SexySapphire:
All I want is the best for ma darling Wande, the best which is Segun although he has his own baggage also (Sade the slu.t), I'm not cool with the fact that they slept with each other that early buh we are all humans with blood running thru our veins and needs, so I forgive them cos we all are prone to make mistakes. Charles doesn't deserve Anna one bit buh it's Anna's decision to make. For Mr Tade, I wonder what he's gonna do with his life now that he has given up on Wande and Bola and taken the poor kids with him buh I know that when he gets back to his senses and realises that he needs Wande, it would have been too late by then.
Dear candy, it is comforting knowing u didn't forget me. Welcome back and thanks for the beautiful updates.

Seconded
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by tsodjete: 4:12pm On May 03, 2015
QueenTolpatx:

Wow...!!!!!!!! Congratulations oooo, grtings 2 the lil jewel and pls say a big welcm 2 him with a big hug grin
Thanks ma'am

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lauda(f): 8:18pm On May 03, 2015
wow! This story is CANDYLICIOUS! thumps up candy! keep the ball rolling! I really feel for Wande, dat was too soon to get into segun.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 03, 2015
QueenTolpatx:

Thanx for the mention..........really following the twist candy, just been as busy as u also
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 04, 2015

Chapter 47

Abeokuta

Two weeks later.

"When last did you hear from Wande?" Papa Johnson asked as Tade walked in to the sitting room.

"She calls me everyday, papa," he answered with all the pride he could muster.

For a brief moment, his mind flashed back to the events of the past couple of weeks.
He had taken most of the things he took from bola's house to his new place in Ibadan. The rest he had sold off, including the EOD. His business was taking shape ever so slowly, but he had hopes. He had even managed to call Bola's bluff and started a relationship with one of the nurses that took care of him when he was on admission at Dr Benjamin's hospital.

"And you still haven't reconciled with her?" His father's question jolted him back to the present.

Reconcile? He smiled. He still wanted enough time and freedom with nurse Teniola.

"Papa, I will go back to her when I punish her enough." Tade assured his father.

"Hmm", his father sighed. "Women can be funny. If you want to forgive her, why don't you do it now? What if she gets tired of the whole thing?"

"Punish the ediot well well jor," Mama Johnson interrupted.

She held Dele and Mary as she walked up to the men. "She deserves it"

"Daddy" the children chorused. They both sat on his laps. Tade had registered them in a new school and they were coping well. Their mother had come to visit once or twice in Tade's absence. She had pleaded with him to release the children but he had refused. She had cried, threatened and tried emotional blackmail to no effect. She missed her children and even Tade. Since charles had confessed to her that she was just a pawn used by him to score a point, she had lost interest in men generally. She had even managed to secure a job in Oshogbo.

Papa johnson smiled. "Iya, when your neighbour is eating insect and you don't warn him, you'll not be able to sleep when he develops itchy throat"

Tade stood up stubbornly. "Papa, Wande Williams can't live without me. I never even loved her but I will go back to her when she has shed enough tears-------"

"Or when you run out of money! Tade, be warned. She may not always be there"

Tade sighed in resignation. "Papa, I'm not even the father of her twins like we all thought! How do I look at the twins henceforth?" He asked his wise father.

Papa johnson shrugged his shoulders and relaxed back in his sofa. This was news to him, even though Wande had called several times, she never went into details. Even his son never really told him this much.

"Tell me what happened, son" he urged

Making sure his mother was out of earshot, Tade explained everything to him without leaving anything out. Papa Johnson listened quietly, then finally said, "you still have to forgive her. You had your own children out of wedlock, you were never there for her and you have really cheated her. But if you can't cope, then pick her call or see her to tell her to move on."

That said, Papa johnson rose to his feet and left the room, leaving Tade with his thoughts.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 04, 2015

Chapter 48

Tade's phone had rang incessantly for over ten minutes. He had refused to pick, thinking it was either Wande or Charles. Yes, the two people he had vowed to bring to their knees.

Charles had pleaded for his forgiveness, even Josh had pleaded on his behalf but Tade had found it difficult to forgive him. According to him, he had broken a guy code by sleeping with his friend's women and worst of all, which he never told Charles or even Josh, he had made babies with his wife!

"Hello, Josh!" He finally checked his screen to see the present caller was Josh

"Tee, man, how are you?"

"Josh, I dey o. How your end?"

"Not bad. Are you at home?"

"Yes. I'm at home"

Tade checked his watch. The time was 11:22am, tuesday morning. He would have loved to be at work but after exhausting the proceeds from the sales of the car and the other household stuff he collected from bola's place, he had gone broke. He had used most of his money to solicit for customers at the construction company, pay his workers and his rent that was almost due. The rest he had used to settle his children in their very expensive schools.

"I'm on my way to your place" josh said.

"OK. I'm waiting. Buy lunch while coming"

How fast the table turned for Tade and Josh was a surprise. Josh had been a friend in need. In fact, he had been very helpful financially. Though he had little formal education, he was able to secure a decent job at a bottling company somewhere inside Oluyole. With the little opportunity he had as a staff, he had set his wife up as a distributor of their product. Luckily, the business picked up real good.

His one room apartment was rough, with clothes strewn all over the bed, shoes littered everywhere. A big traveling bag laid on the single sofa and an empty plate of food laid on the coffee table. He got up from the bed lazily and packed the clothes in a big shopping bag. He arranged his shoes and headed to the adjoining bathroom to take his bath.

"Griiiing" he heard the doorbell ring

He quickly washed the soap off his face, rinsed the rest of his body and rushed to the door.

He was shocked to see Wande standing behind Josh.

"Tee" Josh punched his shoulder playfully

"Baby! How are you?" Wande greeted

"Josh, I dey o"

Clad only in his towel, he ushered them in without saying a word to Wande who obviously liked what she saw.

He picked a pair of jeans and a polo shirt out of his bag and headed back to the bathroom to dress up. He came back to meet Josh fumbling with the tv remote while Wande tidied up the mess in the room.

"Ore, how far?" Josh asked as he settled for channels tv

"I dey o" tade answered, sitting on the sofa.

"You didn't even say hello to your wife!" Josh challenged him jokingly, to which Wande smiled and continued with her work. Tade eye balled him and mouthed "stop it, abeg"

Wande was done with the cleaning.
"I bought you lunch" she told him as she opened the plastic bag on the coffee table. Jollof rice and chicken. It smelled nice.

"Thanks, Wande. But don't think you can buy me with money or food." He told her.

Wande's eyes became cloudy with tears. She had become too emotional lately. She had tried her best to win Tade over, but no such luck. She had paid into his account continuously and even expected to meet him in a better condition. But Tade had always been a heavy spender. Besides, she understood the fact that he had put his kids in one of the best schools in Ogun state.

Josh stood up and walked up to his friend, "Tee, please forgive Wande. She's been crying too much lately-----"

"Please, come back home" wande pleaded on her knees. "We can raise the kids together and they'll grow up as brothers and sisters."

Josh had no idea the twins were not his, so he didn't even bother bringing it up. He stood up and looked out the window. It was a beautiful October morning, one he wished he sat behind a desk in an office and not at home. So many good things were attached to going back to Wande, even though he was in no way attracted to her. It was a tough decision to take, but one he must take after being away for five weeks now. In the five weeks, Wande had paid the sum of N400k into his account, never asked of the expensive Range Rover he took from the family fleet and had even gone ahead to see his children every week.

The problem, which he had shared with josh was that he had a new relationship with a woman he found really attractive, a woman he wanted to be with. The nurse.

1 Like

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by joliematt(f): 8:24pm On May 04, 2015
dis wande.is jst too dull for my liking.begging a man dat feels nothing for u.jst to use n dump her a 2nd time.i tot she was smarter dan dat.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 04, 2015
Wat is wrong wit Wande sef, Wats her problem? Na by force? She's really pissing me off wit dis tears of hers..... Haaha!
Candy, thanks 4 d updates......... expecting more.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by lenmafon: 8:43pm On May 04, 2015
candy dear, thanks for the update. the places not deleted needs correction
1. ... met with... not ... met when...
2. write the 'i.diot' as either ediot or i.diot so that it will reflex in the line u used it
hope u will understand cos de phone i dey use na one in town dat why i couldnt highlight the mistake.

[quote author=candy post=33419749]

Chapter 47

...and started a relationship with a nurse he met when....at Dr Benjamin's hospital when he was admitted...

"Punish the idiot well well" Mama Johnson interrupted
[b]
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Bloomingbud(f): 9:12pm On May 04, 2015
Is Wande for real?
Well done Candy, u r really talented.
Can't believe women like Wande still exist.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Peacefulness: 9:32pm On May 04, 2015
I feel like giving Wande a very dirty slap! Tade should be the one begging, to the extent of paying money into his account. Pissed! Thanks Candy.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 04, 2015
lenmafon:

Modified, thanks.

I'm at the correction stage of some academic articles, it's taking up most of my time. I'm just struggling to ensure that I don't neglect this story as I don't even have time to edit before posting. If you notice any error, please point it out.

@joliematt, bloomingbud, peacefulness...even me I feel like slapping Wande. But I've seen ladies who are like that in real life! Let's just hope she wakes up to reality soon.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by hadease(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2015
candy:
"Josh had no idea the twins were not his, so he didn't even bother bringing it up. He stood up and looked out the window. It was a beautiful October morning, one he wished he sat behind a desk in an office and not at home. So many good things were attached to going back to Wande, even though he was in no way attracted to her. It was a tough decision to take, but one he must take after being away for five weeks now. In the five weeks, Wande had paid the sum of N400k into his account, never asked aof the expensive Range Rover he took from the family fleet and had even gone ahead to see his children every week.
The problem, which he had shared with josh was that he had a new relationship with a woman he found really attractive, a woman he wanted to be with. The nurse"
was it tade tinkin or josh
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by sammyomotola: 11:46pm On May 04, 2015
i cant blame wande, no 1 knows how love can b in love. he cheats her yet she still loves him
candy thanks 4 d update
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Skimpledawg(m): 2:37am On May 05, 2015
Am hia Candy! Sowi, offline duties took me....buh as usual, ua gvin us hot updates ryt 4rm ya stables! Hope d kids n fam is gr8.?

#teamTade o
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by missviva(f): 6:15am On May 05, 2015
Wande A̶̲̥̅♍ kinda disappointed. Well let me assume dat after dis, ‎​you will let him be. Tnx candy, ‎​you re so sweet. Hope ur family is fine
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 8:02am On May 05, 2015
Hello Candy,
Nice work. You'll sure go places.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by SexySapphire(f): 8:12am On May 05, 2015
Why is Wande giving herself problems over someone who doesn't love her a bit when she has another person dying to love her at her beck and call. She's starting to vex me joor. Tade's case is hopeless, he will never love her especially now that he has another lady making him happy. Besides, I'm thinking Wande is preggy again o, this one that she's been crying and getting too "emotional" lately. I really hope so cos I'm really desperate for her and Segun to end up together. Tnx for the updates candy, regards to the family. Have a lovely week.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by ruffhandu: 8:44am On May 05, 2015
Dear Candy,
You'll sure bear with me if I explain my situation at the moment : hands are full. Sorry for the hiatus on my side. But, your inconsistency (you know how you used to keep dates with your fans) made me not to rush to NL sometime when I had little resources in time. However, I understand your situation and pray for more resources for you to continue.
In all, I'll always watch your back. Thanks for all your efforts, I follow your stories till the end, whether I'm vissible or not.

No vex if I talk the one wey you no like, I no mean to make you vex.

Cheers!.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 9:21am On May 05, 2015
ruffhandu:
Dear Candy,
You'll sure bear with me if I explain my situation at the moment : hands are full. Sorry for the hiatus on my side. But, your inconsistency (you know how you used to keep dates with your fans) made me not to rush to NL sometime when I had little resources in time. However, I understand your situation and pray for more resources for you to continue.
In all, I'll always watch your back. Thanks for all your efforts, I follow your stories till the end, whether I'm vissible or not.

Cheers!.
I do understand, my brother. I know you always pay attention to details, that's why I keep calling out for you on the thread. Thanks.
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by seunviju(f): 1:26pm On May 05, 2015
This Tade and Wande self dey vex me big time.abegi make una park well 4 one side.Thanks for the update candy,you are doing great
Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by Nobody: 5:30am On May 06, 2015

Chapter 49

The wrong person makes you beg for attention, affection, love and commitment. The right person gives you these things because they love you.

"Wande, stop taking responsibility for everything! You love this guy, why not give him a chance?"

Wande sat, head bowed, at the new restaurant on the street that housed Williams' Dynasty. She had just returned from the hospital where she went for a checkup.

"You are pregnant!" Dr Benjamin had told her.

This time around, she had not planned to get pregnant and she knew the only man that had lain with her was Segun, the man she had fallen in love with. But not married to.

"Dr, I can't keep this------"

"Don't even go there. You must keep it, Wande. Not only is it a miracle that you conceived naturally again, age is not really on your side. Not keeping it will likely have dire consequences on your health." Dr benjamin had told her.

Tejumola placed her hands over her frail ones on the table. She had aged considerably in the five weeks that Tade had left her.

"Teju, what will people say?" Wande finally asked, almost in tears as she starred at the result of the blood work.

"People will understand! Tade doesn't deserve you, stop feeling guilty! Besides, he'd moved on with that nurse."

Wande starred into space. Just yesterday, she had gone to beg tade again, with Josh. Tade had asked for more time to be alone. She had felt weak on her way back and had called Teju who just returned from the US, to come take her to the hospital. She had been too weak to go until this morning. While Teju dropped her off at the reception, they both saw Tade drop nurse Teniola off for morning duty as well.

"All I wanted was to make this marriage work, for the sake of the twins. They already call him Daddy!"

"Come off it, they'll call Segun daddy too!" Teju almost hissed.

Wande didn't say a word. She just starred into space. Teju decided to let her have privacy of her thoughts while she pondered over the whole thing herself. She never liked the way Tade treated her friend but had come to accept it- until now.

The ringing of her phone pierced their solitude.

"Segun" Wande whispered to her friend, wondering whether to pick or ignore as usual.

"Pick now, haba!" Teju nudged her

"Hello, Segun" she said into the phone, barely audible

"Babe! Where are you? You've been avoiding me-----"

"I'm sorry, Segun." She cut him short

Teju eyeballed her and mouthed, "tell him you've been to the hospital". Wande ignored her and smiled. Instead, she told Segun, "I've been busy, and I still am"

Frustrated, Segun sighed on his end.
"I think we should really talk now. Where are you?"

"I'm at the new restaurant around the office with Teju. Will be back on my seat in twenty minutes" she told him.

"I'll be in your office in twenty then." He hung up on the other end and Wande did same on her end, wondering if and how to break the news of her pregnancy to him.

Teju smiled, "go for it, girl! Go for it!"

Wande starred at her half full bottle of beverage. Everything nauseated her except the popular pepsi. She turned to look at Teju who was busy rummaging through her bag, looking for her pocket sized mirror as sual.

"I agree I love Segun, but please don't tell him or even my mum, about the baby till I'm ready- that is if I can't bring myself to tell Segun today. Let me tell them in my own time." She pleaded with her friend. It was common knowledge that Teju's tentacles spread all through and even beyond the shores of Nigeria.

Teju laughed out loud at Wande's pleas. She didn't see it as a bad thing, she enjoyed spreading news.

"I was actually planning on calling to congratulate them both...but I promise I'll sheath my tongue till tomorrow." She said with all seriousness.

Re: unHOLY MATRIMONY by labaski(f): 5:43am On May 06, 2015
dis Wande sef sabi get belle for another man sha, apart from Tade. let's c aw d story unfolds sha..weldone miss..

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (57) (Reply)

Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) / The Complete Assassin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.