Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41527 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2008
Kuns is everything ok
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 1:26am On Dec 25, 2008
GL:

Kuns, christianity is based on Jesus as is revealed in the bible and through the Holy Ghost. there are many other religions that have similar or not so similar stories from creation to the present but since we follow Jesus and the bible says he was crucified it's what we accept. it wouldn't be christianity anymore if we accept any other because his death is one of the fundamental doctrines of christianity.

But your intellectually bankrupt ally Davidylan states that he can prove the existence of God and that he is the God of the bible, if he doesn't go ahead and prove it then he should no longer show his face on this forum.
As for you who have accepted christianity.
I have no problem with anything you choose to beleive but remember that beleiving does not mean you shouldn't question things and consider them critically, no one has said that there aren't good aspects of Christ's teachings such as love of your fellow man and abolition of the death penalty(even though many of your stupid christians don't even realise that this is one of his teachings) but that does not make him the son of God as I personally beleive most of his statements were largely misunderstood and even if he laid claim to such status I personally don't beleive him as he never proved it to me anyway.
But if you swallow everything someone interpretes the bible to tell you without going home to question them or asking them to clarify some things, then you are no better than those idiots who flew planes into the World Trade Center.
Some stupid christian students sometime last year walked off into the forest with the belief that they were going to be raptured and almost died of salvation tell me how those are any different from those who carried out 911? the only difference is that some were murderous while the others were suicidal and the root of all these is your so called "Unshakable Belief" in something that doesn't make much sense which some stupid people call "Mysteries of faith".
Mysteries my foot, why should God keep mysteries from us if he wants us to know him and acknowledge him as God? wherever there are mysteries, there is usually some exploitation going on only problem is that the idiots who are being exploited don't realise it and come here to tell us that God should forgive us.

Even the white men who brought this religion to us have moved far away from it, though they might have also thrown out the baby with the bath water while doing this, but some of us will not. I will read the bible, the Koran, the Torah, the Hindu texts and Buddah books and take the portions I consider beneficial to me and leave those which I consider as intellectual hubris.

I am still waiting for that thick headed numbskull to come here and prove the existence of his mythical God.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 25, 2008
duduspace:

But your intellectually bankrupt ally Davidylan states that he can prove the existence of God and that he is the God of the bible, if he doesn't go ahead and prove it then he should no longer show his face on this forum.

show me where i made such a statement. grin

Seems you people just like to pull rabbits out of your hat when you start foaming in the mouth.

Remember high BP, dont die because of your rage . . . it would be such a pity to lose a lying hypocrite like you.

My christian beliefs are mine . . . they wont go no where no matter how many times you call me a numbskull . . . one thing i have consistently said is that i owe no one any proof about the existence of God . . . infact if you had been following my posts at all you shld know that my stand has always been . . . to everyman his own.

just why you athiests cant but thrash about in virulent hatred anytime "God" is mentioned is what amuses me. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 2:07am On Dec 25, 2008
davidylan:

show me where i made such a statement. grin

Seems you people just like to pull rabbits out of your hat when you start foaming in the mouth.

Remember high BP, don't die because of your rage . . . it would be such a pity to lose a lying hypocrite like you.

My christian beliefs are mine . . . they wont go no where no matter how many times you call me a numbskull . . . one thing i have consistently said is that i owe no one any proof about the existence of God . . . infact if you had been following my posts at all you shld know that my stand has always been . . . to everyman his own.

just why you athiests can't but thrash about in virulent hatred anytime "God" is mentioned is what amuses me. grin

Okay, lets assume for once that I'm a lying hypocrite,  abi are you happy now? we are getting somewhere. Please answer these simple statements as truthfully and as logically as you can without any rigmarolling.

1. So you agree that you cannot prove that God exists?  True or False

2. If you cannot prove it? how can you be so sure it is true to the exclusion of any other probability? In an intellectual manner      please and no mystery stuff?

3. If you are not sure? why do you beleive it to be true? (while still keeping your intellectual logic)

If you cannot answer these questions intellectually, please never lay claim to any iota of intellectual prowess as you would only have proven yourself to be completely clueless and to be no better than an elementary school drop out.

You will have proven yourself to be no more intelligent than these people?

1. The pre colonial era Nigerian natives who worshipped the gods of iron, thunder, rain e.t.c. (They also had belief)
2. The people who were killing twins in the east before Mary Slessor came (They also had belief)
3. The mad hats who drove themselves into the WTC (They also had belief)
4. The idiots who obeyed Reverend King and poured petrol on someone to set her aflame (They also had belief)
5. Kuns and his laughter provoking "knowledge essays" (I don't know what he has but he probably also has belief)
6. A thousand and one other idiots perpetuating folly and idiocy of any sort (such as telling us on this forum that a God they cannot prove to exist will strike us down) with the belief that a mythical being somewhere has sent them to do it.

You are all "foaming in the mouth mad hatters" and yur stupid unproven "Beliefs" will keep you in a state of perpetual ignorance in which you are welcome to stay in but please don't come and insult our intelligence here claiming to be what you are not.
You may among a host of other things even be right, but if perchance you are right you have only been right because you got expo from somewhere and not in anyway because you are intelligent. You are actually as unintelligent as a dodo.

You stupidly and in ignorance think that when 2 people argue one must of a necessity be wrong while the other must be right but foolishly forget that there are other probabilities of both of them being right or having incomplete portions of the whole truth or both of them being wrong so you come here to argue on the basis that the Atheist cannot prove that God doesn't exist and that is enough proof for you that God does exist forgetting that disproving one does not of a necessity prove the other.

Go and learn how to reason critically my brother, even if you still choose to beleive in God and Jesus after you have done that you would have done your life a world of good because you will then know truly why you beleive in them rather than this cowardly and desperate reason yu have for beleiving in them which is simply the fear of eternal damnation.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Tgirl4real(f): 2:09am On Dec 25, 2008
I really don't get the koko here.

Atheist, if you believe God doesn't exist good for u

Christians, If u believe he does, God bless your heart

Why give yourself heart attack over something you can't change.

God is God, the I am that I am

Before u, he existed. He doesn't need to prove nada to you

if you like rot in hell, foam in the mouth. It doesn't change the truth . . . that JEHOVAH GOD is the Most High
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Omonla(f): 3:45am On Dec 25, 2008
I believe in God. I believe in Jesus. Reading this thread reminds me of conversations/arguments thrown at me in the past about what right I have to think that what I believe is "The Truth".

To the posts above from individuals indicating that Jesus has not proven Himself to them, or He is a jewish God and etc etc etc - Here is a news flash, Keep waiting for proof, by all means. Your pompous, logic seeking, fun-poking comments about the God you state doesn't exist are duly noted. By Who, you might ask? Well, Lets' wait and see. No argument from me on waiting and seeing.

You might ask me why I have the audacity to believe in a God that you choose not to believe in. That is the whole point. "Choose." "Choice." Just like you are choosing to make fun of Him. I have seen, from life experiences, and personal convictions, that there is a God. I will not, in anyway, try to convince you to believe as I do. However, I can only testify to the things that I have seen, and why I choose to believe in Jesus. You don't have to believe.

All in due time.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:03am On Dec 25, 2008
So someone should believe in God because you 'experienced' something?
@Tgirl
And how does your belief transform to truth?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Omonla(f): 6:07am On Dec 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

So someone should believe in God because you 'experienced' something?

Oh my goodness gracious, no.

The experience is all your own.
I believe because of my own experiences. Anyone else can decide to believe based on their experiences. You do realize that experience encompasses witnessing other people's lives, as well as your own, of course?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2008
And you do realise that what you feel does not make it right and certainly does not hold for everyone?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Omonla(f): 8:29am On Dec 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

And you do realise that what you feel does not make it right and certainly does not hold for everyone?

Like I have said to people in the past: Your convictions will determine what holds true for you, and what does not.

As for my feelings/experience = My convictions, and has no bearing on what other people decide to believe, whether they are for God or against God.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:04am On Dec 25, 2008
I mean that you experienced does not make God exist.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Frizy(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2008
I believe in God and have faith but with the way people (atheists) talk, I wish God could actually come down and talk n put them to shame,  Been reading htis thread n majority of them are about people not believing in God, that's scary,  especially from Nigerians

There is nothing strange that many people don't believe in God. God said in the Koran: [size=13pt]"As for the disbelievers, whether thou warn them or thou warn them not, it is all one for them, they believe not!"[/size] angry

Don't act ignorantly praying that God should show Himself to this ingrates, that itself is wickedness.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Omonla(f): 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

I mean that you experienced does not make God exist.

My experience is but a minuscule, minute component of faith in God. We can be alive today, and gone the next. Our experiences die with us. It does not determine God's continuing existence, or the fact of Jesus' gift of salvation. You get to learn that on your own. No, my experiences don't make God exist. He existed before I experienced Him.

However, live your life as you deem fit. This goes to the OP and supporters of the OP's position.

I do not believe in belaboring a point about God's existence. Perhaps, it would not be too late in life - or death - when realization hits. It would be too bad if your realization arrives at death.

I get off the bus here.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by karlie4nia(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2008
Yes! i feel y'll. For you Unbelievers, well there is nothing new or such a big deal about your orientation and philosophies. God Almighty is an awesome God, he is all there is, he is most merciful and his faithful kindness even extends to folks like you-Unbelievers. For the Bible says he is still even Kind to the evil and wicked-ref Luke 6-35. That there is simply still a gap between what one doesnt understand and what one is yet to understand aint enough to summarily dismiss the existence of an omnipotent,omniscience and omnipresent God. And what you-Unbelievers hold as your own truth doesnt and can never erase the untimate truth of the supernatural existence of my(our) heavenly father.
I respect your position in certain context, and i have no doubt in my prayer that, God will most certainly reveal himself to you'll-unbelievers in the most exciting and powerful way and cause your conversion to a true Son of the most high God by faith in our Lord and King- CHRIST JESUS.Amen.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 11:09pm On Dec 25, 2008
JESUS IS LORD
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2008
Dont you just love it when clueless morons also pretend to be intelligent? grin

duduspace:

1. So you agree that you cannot prove that God exists? True or False

Can you prove that my thoughts exist? True or False

duduspace:

2. If you cannot prove it? how can you be so sure it is true to the exclusion of any other probability? In an intellectual manner please and no mystery stuff?

If you cannot prove it, how can you be so sure that an individual processes thoughts at all? In an intellectual manner pls and no mystery stuff.

duduspace:

3. If you are not sure? why do you beleive it to be true? (while still keeping your intellectual logic)

If you cannot say for sure that your neighbor thinks in his sleep, why do you believe it is true? While still maintaining logic pls.

duduspace:

If you cannot answer these questions intellectually, please never lay claim to any iota of intellectual prowess as you would only have proven yourself to be completely clueless and to be no better than an elementary school drop out.

Same here.

duduspace:

Go and learn how to reason critically my brother, even if you still choose to beleive in God and Jesus after you have done that you would have done your life a world of good because you will then know truly why you beleive in them rather than this cowardly and desperate reason yu have for beleiving in them which is simply the fear of eternal damnation.

If i could not reason critically i wont be were i am today. And i still firmly believe in Jesus Christ to boot.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 12:26am On Dec 26, 2008
davidylan:

don't you just love it when clueless morons also pretend to be intelligent? grin

Can you prove that my thoughts exist? True or False

If you cannot prove it, how can you be so sure that an individual processes thoughts at all? In an intellectual manner please and no mystery stuff.

If you cannot say for sure that your neighbor thinks in his sleep, why do you believe it is true? While still maintaining logic please.

Same here.

If i could not reason critically i wont be were i am today. And i still firmly believe in Jesus Christ to boot.

I rest my case, please never bring yourself to congregate amongst the category of thinkers and stay in the category of dumb believers who gullibly seat in a church every sunday and nod their heads to rubbish without even going home to think about what they have heard.

You are an hypocrite and it is so unfortunate you cannot see yourself as one. Look at the heading of the forum for "Christ's sake." If you want to start up a topic on thoughts please start another forum topic. You are arguing like a kid but I will still indulge you even though your paucity of intelligence does amaze me.

Firstly I never even claimed to know anything about thoughts but funny thing is, I have proven the existence of thoughts (in my own manner) to someone already on this forum and she has not replied since, but since your intelligence seems to have departed you even to the point of understanding what is written, I will explain to you again. It is all about the definition Thoughts are defined as the process that occurs within humans that lead to decision makin, you are not creating a new concept, you are only defining what already exists, you can even give it a new name just like the yorubas call it ironu (which it seems you don't do much of). Some scientists have gone ahead to measure electrical activity in the brain that occurs during thinking to prove that thoughts occur within the brain. If you are still so dumb you don't understand this, could you define the definition of thoughts you are talking about. It would amaze you to know the depth of research that has gone into how the brain works, the process of thinking, the links between synapses and memory, conditioned response and all that stuff.

Science cannot argue and does not argue against what already exists and its effects can be felt as that is an absurdity in itself. Only a lunatic would deny the existence of thoughts or you are infering that you don't beleive in the existence of thought? so that I can send you to the nearest assylum.

Any more insane questions? or will you answer my questions or admit that you have no intellectual basis for beleiving in God and only beleive?

By the way, Merry Christmas to all.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 26, 2008
duduspace:

I rest my case, please never bring yourself to congregate amongst the category of thinkers and stay in the category of dumb believers who gullibly seat in a church every sunday and nod their heads to rubbish without even going home to think about what they have heard.

Wey the "category of thinkers" dey? grin

these people love to make a fool of themselves.

You cant prove that my thoughts exist and you call yourself a thinker? grin Which ajegunle school admitted you?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by 4Play(m): 12:31am On Dec 26, 2008
davidylan:

Wey the "category of thinkers" dey?  ;Dthese people love to make a fool of themselves.
You can't prove that my thoughts exist and you call yourself a thinker?  grin Which ajegunle school admitted you?

This is what I find hilarious with these people. . .  . they think that the mere fact that they subscribe to a certain viewpoint makes them ''thinkers''.  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 26, 2008
Dont mind that duduspace . . . the only space is the one between his ears.

thinkers indeed. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by otuwe(f): 12:42am On Dec 26, 2008
HE DOES NOT NEED US TO DEFEND HIM OR PROVE HIS EXISTENCE

HE DEFENDS HIMSELF

SO U GUYS SHD STOP DAMAGING UR COMPUTER KEYBOARDS ARGUING

MERRY XMAS
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 12:45am On Dec 26, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked chineke,david and 4play on one thread,ndie ocho okwu 1 of nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by 4Play(m): 12:46am On Dec 26, 2008
busybein:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked chineke,david and 4play on one thread,ndie ocho okwu 1 of nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nne, Tope no treat me well this Xmas o, I'm very dissapointed but that's for another thread. sad
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Tgirl4real(f): 12:59am On Dec 26, 2008
@ Chris,

u are just one trouble maker that should be ignored. undecided tongue
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 1:00am On Dec 26, 2008
I think people who believe in god don't really believe in him but NEED to believe in him. they actually lie to themselves. If things like prayer actually working were real, we would not be having this conversation. Believe me, reality is much preferred. i rest my case.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 26, 2008
mazaje:

I think people who believe in god don't really believe in him but NEED to believe in him. they actually lie to themselves. If things like prayer actually working were real, we would not be having this conversation. Believe me, reality is much preferred. i rest my case.

Depends on your own idea of "reality".

Like i keep saying, you folks misuse too many words to justify your godless rhetoric.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:07am On Dec 26, 2008
Hey Tgirl don't mind me I can be naughty at times, but this is hostile territory oh smiley but I just tried to point out that belief and truth are mutually exclusive.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 1:25am On Dec 26, 2008
davidylan:

Depends on your own idea of "reality".

Like i keep saying, you folks misuse too many words to justify your godless rhetoric.

same as you. you use twisted and imaginary conceptions to justify your god claims. reality tells me that all men did not come down from adam as the bible claims, belief tells you they did. reality tells me that noah' s flood did not happen, belief tells you it did happen. reality tells me that separation in languages did not begin during the mythical period of the bable story, belief tells you it did. reality tells me that there is no satan(because i know christains and moslems that claim to have seen him in one form or the other) belief tells you he exist. reality tells me that prayer does not work, because i have never prayed for about 3 years but i still get what ever i want much more than so many of the christains around me that pray day and night for the same thing despite my lack of belief. belief tells you that prayer works despite the fact that when you fall seriously sick i know for certain that you will choose medicine over prayers even when the bible tells you that prayers alone can cure you. reality tells me that men created all the gods, belief tells you that there must be a god. reality tells me that there is no heaven because i have meet moslems and christains that have claimed to have been there, but belief tells you that heaven must exist. i rest my case.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 2:04am On Dec 26, 2008
Religious people firmly believe in a multitude of very strange, supernatural and contradictory things because they NEED to. If god exist we won't be here arguing about him, i still maintain that if prayer works then we wont be here having this conversation.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:51am On Dec 26, 2008
davidylan:

Wey the "category of thinkers" dey? grin

these people love to make a fool of themselves.

You can't prove that my thoughts exist and you call yourself a thinker? grin Which ajegunle school admitted you?

You have nothing to say and you are doing the same thing you've been accusing others of turning to snide remarks.

Every step of the way, you've shown yourself to be a mumu who has only come to hammer a point you cannot prove and that is not intellectual in any way.

Let us have your points mumu, that is a very elementary proof of thoughts I gave you and you can't even question it and you are left with nothing but snide remarks. What if an expert in Neuropsychology or psychiatry now takes you up?

All you have is belief my dear. That sums of the matter, stick to your beliefs but be sincere enough to admit it or that your God will deny you as a liar if perchance your belief turns out to be true.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2008
I was wrong embarassed JESUS IS INDEED LORD. I finally understand what they mean by having an experience with the holy ghost.
The man of God at our church over here prayed with me and I gave my life to Christ.
I'm just here asking for forgiveness from God and all the brethren I insulted on this board, please forgive me embarassed

All praises and honour and glory to the Almighty Father, JEHOVAH ELOHIM. We are all colourless in His eyes, He's not for the jews or gentiles, He's for all of US.
So all these "ATHEISTS", I hope He touches you people too.
I will write about my experience later on as the Spirit directs.
Hallelujah!!!!!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2008
To say Jesus is Lord is going against the words of the man himself according to what Jesus said himself, not what Paul or any one else says.

See Matthew 16 : 20  and I quote " Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ."

You all are doing the opposite of what Jesus charged his disciples.

And he didn't stop there in Matthew 24: 5 Yashua said and I quote "For many shall come in my name, saying[b], I am Christ[/b]; and shall deceive many."

Now, who are those people going around in Jesus Name?

What are those people going around in Jesus name today called?

What? Christians?

Christians Jesus warned in Matthew 24 : 5 about you, going around saying Jesus is this and that.

My question is who are those people coming on this site, going around saying Jesus is Lord?

When Charged not to do this in Matthew 16 : 20.

Don't say you are following Paul, what Jesus says is what you should be concerned about if you are calling yourself a Christian.

That's why I tell you Christianity is low grade Satanism.

Christians are always doing the exact opposite of what Jesus (Yashua) taught, Always.

Don't believe me, check it up for yourself.

@Chrisbenogor

Thank, all is well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.