Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41557 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by zoraro(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
More still,

The invented character of Jesus was a Sun god, symbolic of
God’s ‘Sun’,  The Light of the World. This very phrase, Light of the
World, was used by the Aryan-Phoenicians to symbolise the ‘one
true god’ thousands of years before the alleged birth of Abraham, the
quite wrongly named creator of the one-god concept. They also
symbolised the one true god, the Sun, with the ‘one true cross’  The
Christians portray Jesus with a halo around his head and that’s
exactly how the Phoenicians depicted the rays of the Sun around the
head of their Sun god, Bel or Bil. This can be seen on a Phoenician
stone dating to about the 4th centurv BC. The Sun
was at the heart of the Egyptian religion and at noon when the Sun
was at the peak of its daily ‘journey’, they prayed to the ‘Most
High’. At this time, they said the Sun was going about his father’s
work in the temple. The virgin mothers associated with all of these
Sun gods were different names for Queen Semiramis and
Ninkharsag, also known as Isis, the Egyptian symbol of the female
creative force without which nothing, not even the Sun, could exist.
Different eras and cultures gave different names to these same
concepts and so in the Gospels, Horus became
Jesus and Isis became Mary, the virgin mother of
Jesus, the Sun. Mary is constantly pictured
holding the baby Jesus, but this is merely a repeat
of all the Egyptian portrayals of Isis holding the
baby Horus. These people did not
actually exist, they are symbolic. Isis became
associated with the astrological sign of Virgo the
virgin, as did Mary. The titles given to Isis of
‘Star of the Sea’ and ‘Queen of Heaven’ were also
given to Mary and they both originate from
Queen Semiramis, who was called the Queen of
Heaven in Babylon. Christianity and Judaism are
both the religion of Babylon.
Throughout the world you see the same Sun
religions and rituals, in Sumer, Babylon, Assyria,
Egypt, Britain, Greece, Europe in general,
Mexico and Central America, Australia,
everywhere.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by blackgucci(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Blackgucci,
Again is that your logical and intellectual argument for the existence of God?
Is there no intelligent christian on nairaland again, or is the smoke screen expert all you guys have got?
Still waiting on a rational reason to believe God exists and that he is as described by whatever religion.

are you anti-christianity or the idea of God?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

28 pages still no God, I guess he is too busy?
Just one rational and logically sound argument that God exists just one, I will repent and be born again just one.  

you won't get anything better than the bible and the Holy Spirit. any other human argument for God is less than God's revelation of his self in those two ways. but you probably don't believe the bible is accurate and probably doubt the existence of the Holy Spirit also, considering he is God, the truth of the matter is belief (in any God) is a matter of faith, you decide based on what you've heard/seen/experienced to either believe or not to.

if you've read the bible and are not convinced, you can try praying to God and see if the Holy Spirit can help. but then, you don't even believe there's a God to start with.  

@ kuns,
we  don't believe what we dont know, we know what we believe. you say what we believe is false. we believe in Jesus but you say he is not who the bible says he is, that's your opinion, you're entitled to it. we have not seen God, but we believe his word and love him, our choice. we have tangible experiences, through the Holy Spirit in us christianity is a living reality.  by the way, Kuns i don't presume that you have met your God, have you?

i really don't understand why people feel the need to prove anything to anybody, or to have someone prove something to them. what is important is that you hear the message of Jesus and either accept it as truth or reject it as false. No quarrel. i've had islam, mormonism, jehova's witness preached to me but i chose not to accept. it's a personal choice, we can infer from luke 16 that God is done with sending physical proofs to the earth so if you're still waiting for a further proof i think u should forget about it and enjoy ur unbelief.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by zoraro(m): 1:58pm On Dec 24, 2008
Lastly,

“But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen,
then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses
of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if
so be that the dead rise not.” Corinthians 15:13-16

He says that if Jesus was not physically raised from the dead, there is no basis to
the Christian faith and religion. If that’s the case, Christianity is in serious trouble.
First of all the Gospel accounts of the resurrection have numerous contradictions as
each copied the original story differently, or changed it on purpose. And secondly the
resurrection is yet more Sun symbolism from the ancient religions. In Persia, long
before Christianity, they had a ritual in which a young man, apparently dead, was
restored to life. He was called the Saviour and his sufferings were said to have ensured
the salvation of the people. His priests watched his tomb until midnight on the equinox
and they cried: “Rejoice, 0 sacred initiated! Your God is risen. His death and sufferings
have worked your salvation.” The same tale was told in Egypt about Horus and in India
about Khrishna a thousand years before Christianity. The Bible tells us that Jesus will
return on a cloud and what do we see among the clouds? The Sun. The tomb of Jesus is
symbolic of the darkness into which the Sun descended before its rebirth and nearly all
the mystery school initiations involved some sort of cave, underground chamber, or
dark enclosed space, like the sweatlodges of native America. Even the story of the spear
which pierced the side of Jesus after he was taken from the cross is mystery school
symbolism. The Christian legend says that this was done by a blind Roman centurion
called Longinus and some of the blood of Jesus fell on his eyes and cured his blindness.
Longinus was converted and spent the rest of his life breaking up Pagan idols. Yeah,
sure he did. Centurions were not blind and could not have done their job if they were,
and once again we find this story is a repeat from earlier versions. The Scandinavian
saviour, Balder, son of Odin, had a spear of mistletoe thrust into him by Hod, a god who
was blind. March 15th, the Ides of March, was when many Pagan saviours also died.
This day was devoted to Hod and later became a Christian feast day to the ‘Blessed
Longinus’!.
The symbol of the fish is a theme throughout the Gospel stories and this is symbolic
of Nimrod/Tammuz, the father-son, of Babylon. Another reason for Jesus as a fish could
be the astrological sign of Pisces, the fishes. Around the time Jesus was supposed to
have been born, the Earth was entering the astrological house of Pisces. A new age was
being born and Jesus the fish could have been a symbol of the age of Pisces. We are
now entering another new age, the age of Aquarius, according to the laws of the ‘Earth
wobble’ precession. When the Bible talks of the end of the world, this is another
mistranslation. They translate ‘world’ from the Greek, ‘aeon’, but aeon does not mean
world, it means ‘age’. We are not facing the end of the world, but the end of the age,
the 2,160 years of Pisces. Christianity did not replace the Pagan religions, it is a Pagan
religion. The Persians, who inherited their beliefs from Sumer, Egypt and Babylon, had
baptism, confirmation, paradise and hell, angels of light and darkness, and a fallen
angel. All of these were absorbed by Christianity and claimed for their own.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by kokorunna(m): 2:14pm On Dec 24, 2008
There will always be doubters , I just hope its not too late for them

www.churchwhereabouts.com
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
@blackgucci
Both, I have been asking for how many pages for somebody to give me a rational and logical explanation of God. No christian or theist seems to be able to do that.
@GL
This is what I have been trying to say, all you have is just assertions, very empty ones at that . According to the bible who is God? Maybe we should start from there, lets define God and you will see that all his ascribed properties by theists is very contradictory.
Are you just saying you believe just because someone said? Is that the proof you have that God exists?
And yet david says your brains are not at the doorstep, because seriously I would expect more from a brain under the door mat.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by blackgucci(m): 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
@chris
then what do u believe in how did existence come abt?
school me here
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ zoraro

rotfl @ ur assessment that "christianity is in serious trouble". i beg to disagree!

u're right that Jesus' death and resurrection is the basis of christianity. u don't have to believe that it happened, even before Jesus ascended to heaven there were allegations that he didn't resurrect, yet see what christianity has become today. several "intellectuals" predicted that christianity would end in their lifetime due to "lack of evidence". they've all died and centuries after christianity is still around. some of them derided christianity as ignorance yet some of the highest institutions of learning today have christian backgrounds.  these books you're quoting aren't new, they've been around for ages. yet, christianity still waxes strong. christianity has been severely persecuted yet it grows even stronger. it would seem that it grows better in the face of persecution. consider China with a pretty large number of christians for a country that actually outlawed the religion. in the 2000 years of christianity, other religions have sprung up and died, but this hasn't happened to christianity. there are really no new views being held now. christianity has been rocked by crisis several times in different countries but always comes back stronger. i live in Hungary, a country that was under communism 20 years ago, christianity is not dead here at all. it's not as booming as in the US but its not dead. what's more, a good number of the few enthusiasts are young people,   all what you have to say against christianity or religion has been said over and over again for ages. and by influential and intelligent people. yet, the majority of the population still seek God through one religion or the other. people all over the world see God/religion as the answer to their lives. they are seeking and finding him.

forget it, you're not going to change anything. you're not going to come with the revelation that would finally put an end to christianity or religion at large. you can say that it's all a fluke, your opinion. you can ignore it or deride it, your choice. but put an end to it, you can't!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ chrisbenogor,

first, you hear about something. then you decide whether or not you want to try it out, right. then you make your own assessment based on your trial. for example, i hear about/see akara and think it looks kinda strange but then i taste it, love it and declare it's the best food i've eaten. with christianity, we hear the good news and decide to come to God and we experience him through his Spirit in us after we have come to Him and based on this we go around declaring the good news to others. God invites us all in Isaiah to "come taste and see that the Lord is good". i went, i tasted and now i see.

you too can do the same if you are interested. but if you insist on having physical proof first, then as i said don't expect anything new from God's end. you either try it out in faith or, you don't.

and about my brain, it is doing a wonderful job of coordinating all my body activities. (obviously wink wink) it even supports my academic pursuit. i think any brain that does that is healthy. if a brain can be at a doorstep or under a doormat and do all that then all the more wonderful! if all we christians have our brains at a doorstep/doormat and yet we're still walking around, feeding ourselves and doing the basic things (not to mention the greater things christian inventors, students, researchers do) then that might be a proof to you of the wonders of our God.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Obalende: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2008
thank you GL for that wonderful explaination to the aheists.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
GL:

@ zoraro

rotfl @ ur assessment that "christianity is in serious trouble". i beg to disagree!

u're right that Jesus' death and resurrection is the basis of christianity. u don't have to believe that it happened, even before Jesus ascended to heaven there were allegations that he didn't resurrect, yet see what christianity has become today. several "intellectuals" predicted that christianity would end in their lifetime due to "lack of evidence". they've all died and centuries after christianity is still around. some of them derided christianity as ignorance yet some of the highest institutions of learning today have christian backgrounds. these books you're quoting aren't new, they've been around for ages. yet, christianity still waxes strong. christianity has been severely persecuted yet it grows even stronger. it would seem that it grows better in the face of persecution. consider China with a pretty large number of christians for a country that actually outlawed the religion. in the 2000 years of christianity, other religions have sprung up and died, but this hasn't happened to christianity. there are really no new views being held now. christianity has been rocked by crisis several times in different countries but always comes back stronger. i live in Hungary, a country that was under communism 20 years ago, christianity is not dead here at all. it's not as booming as in the US but its not dead. what's more, a good number of the few enthusiasts are young people, all what you have to say against christianity or religion has been said over and over again for ages. and by influential and intelligent people. yet, the majority of the population still seek God through one religion or the other. people all over the world see God/religion as the answer to their lives. they are seeking and finding him.

forget it, you're not going to change anything. you're not going to come with the revelation that would finally put an end to christianity or religion at large. you can say that it's all a fluke, your opinion. you can ignore it or deride it, your choice. but put an end to it, you can't!

Which of the christainity are you talking about? Is there any universal acceptable christainity? the only time christains come together is when people say that there is no god or the biblical assertions are false, else you guys are on each others throat, fighting and castigating each others sect or religion. There are about 1 billion catholics in the world who believe that they are the only real christains who hold the ultimate truth about christainity. Protestants who vary a lot from each other almost of the point of disagreement number about 400million or more, the protestants do not believe that catholics are christains at all, that's why we have people like pat robinson and so many protestant pastors calling the pope an antichrist and the enemy of god and the bible. We have the jehova' witness, anglicans, mormons, traditional african garment wearing christains etc each cliaming to be the real christains while mocking the others. even here on nairaland we have people like davidylan and pilgrim denoucing and castigating the catholics and the members of the love world church etc as blind people who god should help open their eyes. i have lived in greece and i bet you, when you get into their othordox church nobody will have to ask you to leave because you will do that by ur self, yet the call themselves christains. We the atheist are the ones giving christainity credibility because we even try to engage and debate the premise and principles of the religion. even the bible has so many different types and versions. christians can not even agree on translation and some of the books in it.(the english bible has over 80 different translation alone) so what do you mean by christainity is growing? is it catholicism that is growing or protestianism? is it mormornism,othordox christainity, eastern christianity or african traditional christainity that is growing? what is christianity? because its obvious there is non. all we have are varying religions all hiding under the belief and narrative of the jesus story which itself has so many holes in it. The fact that there is no single universal christianity says a lot about the religion. Let me give you an example the sun raises in the east and falls in the west every where in the world regardless of region, geography and location. enough said.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by huxley(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2008
I strong believe that all this talk of trinity is all wrong.  There is no trinity, there is instead a quinternity, made up of Jesus, Mohammed, the Holy Spirit, Jinns [/b]and [b]God.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2008
My my you guys are really walking bill boards of ignorance.
@Gl
Your analogy of akara and God just knocked out a friend who is reading this thread, under the door mat is seriously looking like a throne for this level of reasoning.
So you are living your life under these moral codes all because of a hunch.
I really want a more challenging discussion, tell me about your God, what are his properties, the ones you were told is it alpha and omega, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, I said lets define God first.
@blackgucci
I am agnostic and atheistic, I have a thread about it somewhere just look for it, for now we are trying to know what God is, or are you saying you don't know who you serve?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ mazaje,

yeah there are many denominations but there are some fundamental doctrines. however the bible's requirement is that you confess and believe that Jesus is Lord, and you believe that Jesus is the son of God. we know that God won't judge us according to our denominations but according to our relationship with Jesus. a christian is someone who decides to follow Jesus, right? so anyone anywhere that believes in him fits the bill. and yeah, christianity as a whole has survived lots of hardships. or do u disagree?

the sun rises in the east and sets in the west because of nature and not men. if men had to press a button, believe me it wouldn't be so predictable anymore. human beings change. we are prone to disagreements, and divisions. nations have risen up out of division. christianity is so diverse because we have people with all sorts of doctrines. even Jesus' disciples disagreed at times. the unifying factor is Jesus for all who pledge their allegiance to him. in the early church they also had wierd groups that propagated strange and false doctrines. that hasn't brought the church down, so whichever one gets more converts, catholicism, protestanism, as long as they are coming to Jesus i love it.

even with all these internal divisions, it still remains. ordinarily a house divided against itself should fall, right. yet we've had serious crises in this house for over 2000 years and it is still standing firm, u say that's not cool?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
GL:

@ mazaje,

yeah there are many denominations but there are some fundamental doctrines. however the bible's requirement is that you confess and believe that Jesus is Lord, and you believe that Jesus is the son of God. we know that God won't judge us according to our denominations but according to our relationship with Jesus. a christian is someone who decides to follow Jesus, right? so anyone anywhere that believes in him fits the bill. and yeah, christianity as a whole has survived lots of hardships. or do u disagree?

the sun rises in the east and sets in the west because of nature and not men. if men had to press a button, believe me it wouldn't be so predictable anymore. human beings change. we are prone to disagreements, and divisions. nations have risen up out of division. christianity is so diverse because we have people with all sorts of doctrines. even Jesus' disciples disagreed at times. the unifying factor is Jesus for all who pledge their allegiance to him. in the early church they also had wierd groups that propagated strange and false doctrines. that hasn't brought the church down, so whichever one gets more converts, catholicism, protestanism, as long as they are coming to Jesus i love it.

even with all these internal divisions, it still remains. ordinarily a house divided against itself should fall, right. yet we've had serious crises in this house for over 2000 years and it is still standing firm, u say that's not cool?

Nice try but this is not a house that is divided amongst itself, its different houses all believing to have been built in the same shape. There is absolute nothing that links the catholic church with say the african white garment church.there conception of god and the bible are totally different, there also is nothing that relates the american protestant movement with the russain othordox church be it in belief, mode of worship or the conception of jesus and god. the only thing that makes them relate to each other is the belief in the jesus narrative. as far as some of the american protestant movement are concerned the orthrdox christains are heretics and worshippers of some other god not jesus. just the way that so many other denominations see catholics as the followers and worshippers of mary which is tantamount to being a pagan as far as they are concerned. bottom line is that christains do not agree and believe themselves how then do they expect others to believe in them?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

My my you guys are really walking bill boards of ignorance.
@Gl
Your analogy of akara and God just knocked out a friend who is reading this thread, under the door mat is seriously looking like a throne for this level of reasoning.
So you are living your life under these moral codes all because of a hunch.
I really want a more challenging discussion, tell me about your God, what are his properties, the ones you were told is it alpha and omega, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, I said lets define God first.

it's ok if we're walking bill boards of ignorance as long as there's enough space to advertise Jesus,   but don't forget, as i've posted before, all the positive influences this "ignorance, dumb, under-the-doormat" reasoning has brought forth. at least, it is productive. the moral codes to which i subscribe might seem to you as restrictive but to me it is freedom. i would keep repeating that you are entitled to your opinion just as i am entitled to mine. i'm not going to try to convince you that there's God because you've read the bible and i think that's the biggest source of info on Him. so don't even bother trying to convince me that he doesn't exist, it'll be an exercise in futility.

you really think you can have a challenging discussion with someone with less than under the doormat reasoning? so much for your overhyped intellect. well, you've got the bible and i believe it's the best challenger we have on our side (christianity) you can read it yourself,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
Christianity is just mass delusion at best, just doing good, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, helping humanity by pushing them to use their thinking faculties( like I and other agnostics are doing cheesy ) is just a honorable way of going to hell.
If this God exists, he is nothing but a little kid with the emotions of alternating current.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2008
mazaje:

Nice try but this is not a house that is divided amongst itself, its different houses all believing to have been built in the same shape. There is absolute nothing that links the catholic church with say the african white garment church.there conception of god and the bible are totally different, there also is nothing that relates the american protestant movement with the russain othordox church be it in belief, mode of worship or the conception of jesus and god. the only thing that makes them relate to each other is the belief in the jesus narrative. as far as some of the american protestant movement are concerned the orthrdox christains are heretics and worshippers of some other god not jesus. just the way that so many other denominations see catholics as the followers and worshippers of mary which is tantamount to being a pagan as far as they are concerned. bottom line is that christains do not agree and believe themselves how then do they expect others to believe in them?

even if it was true that it's not one house but several houses, the point is we're still standing. we fight but no one has destroyed the other one's house. the gospel itself is still being preached. even with all the division people are still sticking with it, but it isn't true. the Body of Christ is One, there's no catholic church, RCCG, Anglican angle in the body of christ. rather we have individuals, men and women who are different in everything except in their shared love, trust and belief in Jesus. like i said earlier, Jesus is the unifying factor, white garment people who believe Jesus is Lord, and the son of God have the same status as catholics with the same belief. christianity is about Jesus. we protestants may see catholics as heretics and pagan but we aren't d ones who'll do the final judging, God would and the yardstick then would be Jesus. no one should believe in christians - we're mostly struggling men - believe instead in Jesus. he's the whole idea here. its not about the name of the church, origin, what they wear, how they worship. it's about Jesus. the Church is still standing, very well so,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Christianity is just mass delusion at best, just doing good, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, helping humanity by pushing them to use their thinking faculties( like I and other agnostics are doing cheesy ) is just a honorable way of going to hell.
If this God exists, he is nothing but a little kid with the emotions of alternating current.

if that's your belief, Good for you!
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by zoraro(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2008
Dear GL, The fact that Christianity has survived this long is not proof of it truthfulness, Islam is just about 600 years younger, Buddhism is older so is Hinduism. Surely, they can't all be the truth at the same time.

I am not trying to end Christianity, although, religion is the root of a lot of suffering today. If Christianity is not interested in the truth but is more interested in it's survival then it is nothing but a social institution.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2008
Hmmm Gl,
No one is convincing the other here, fact is simple, you have faith.
Faith is belief without evidence.
In the absence of evidence anything goes, my laptop could just be God.
Where can you find these examples?
Creation story of genesis, lacks evidence and credibility, man could not have come into existence that way.
Noah and the flood, lacks evidence and credibility, the dude could not have pulled that stunt.
Need I say the parting of the red sea? The ten plagues? Jonah in the belly of the whale? The tower of babel? Even the very existence of Jesus is not so clear as you can see on this thread? Do I need to go on?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
Church division,
Funny but there is no one house, not all christians believe in the widespread catholic version of christianity you are aware of. There are christians in syria, do you know what they believe?
There are christians in ethiopia that were there long before the catholic canonization of the bible,( which was politically motivated by the way) what do they believe in?
Ok lets come closer to home, from the latin on your profile I suspect you are a catholic, you never heard of faith without good works is not enough?
As for how other denominations view catholics, just search for the thread titled Roman catholic church is a way of idolatory.
Do protestants believe in the sacraments? The method, the nature of heaven, hell, purgatory, Jesus and even God are at 90 degrees.
I really don't see much room for the house of God being one. See why I say mass delusion.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by GL(f): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ Zoraro,

i'm not trying to prove that it's the Truth. you can't believe it's the truth if you don't even believe there's God anyway, i'm not even anxious for its survival, there's no need for that. you said that "christianity is in serious trouble" because of some findings or the other. i was just pointing out the error in that statement. wanted you to see that there have been findings and accusations for 2000 years so it's not big deal. it's not about to end because someone thinks it's a lie. we say, and believe that Jesus is the truth.

@ chrisbenogor,

i know how protestants see catholics. i'm not catholic, i'm protestant. even used to be pentecostal so i have experienced first hand a lot of differences in doctrines and all. i'm not going to argue about doctrinal differences. we might be one mad house of tongue-speakers, holy water-sprinklers, faith-healers etc. whoever comes to Jesus in sincerity he doesn't cast away. as long as we believe in Jesus as the son of God and Lord over all, we are saved and are his children. we make up the Body of Christ and there's just one Body. believe me, different as we are we all fit into this body.

once again, what i see as truth you see as delusion and what you see as truth i see as delusion. we're entitled to our opinions.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by blackgucci(m): 6:59pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ chris

you percieve God only from a religious perspective and that limits your understanding of this concept,
if religion was sufficient then, in teaching this idea why not borrow the little we can from it, and forge ahead by presenting God in a more logical and non-fictional arguement. what if the bible was one big metafor brought about by a limited understanding of natural laws? what if God himself was nature, will you acknowledge him? acknowledgement in its sense is worship and its no different from what religion teaches,
i doubt that you believe our existence is not from a source,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
@David,

You are a wicked man, my soul is about to go to your imaginary hell, where is the concrete proof that I can count on your God to save me?
I am still waiting, and please don't give me any faith bullshit, you said you could prove it, now go ahead.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by AdamBrody1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
What i dont understand is:

Everybody in the old testament and the new testament till the day jesus rose that died centuries ago werent christians and christianity was borne after jesus rose from the dead. Now will all those people go to hell for not knowing christianity and Jesus?

What about people down from the bushmen in the khalari desert to the azetecs of mexico centuries ago who never heard of a jesus talkless of a bible or christian god, will they also be in hell for their ignorance since the bible traces it geneology only within the middle east and parts of europe at best?

Because the way the bible is written, the chinese, south americans and sub saharan africans have no place of existence even down to the book of revelation and millions of people had been born then and had died too?

Why the exclusion of that vital parts from the bible?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
Ok blackgucci lets reason together, this discussion will be futile and without direction if we fail to define what God is.
If God was nature it would be a lot easier to discuss, but that's not the point and I don't want us to be derailed now.
So are you going to profer a solution to our problem, or do you accept the wikipedia definition of God we can go no from there.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by ladoma(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2008
MY DEAR PEOPLE.GOD WILL SURELY COME.BUT AT HIS OWN TIME.BUT WHEN HE COMES,IT WILL BE TOO LATE FOR PEOPLE LIKE CHRISBENOGOR.IT WILL BE THE END OF THIS PRESENT WORLD.THAT DAY THERE SHALL BE GNASHING OF TEETH.
EXAMINE THE WORLD CAREFULLY,THERE IS ALWAYS AN OPPOSITE TO ALL THINGS.CHRISBENOGOR BELIEVE IN THE DEVIL BECAUSE HE SEEMS TO BE  A DISCIPLE TO HIM.SO IF THERE IS DEVIL,THEN THERE IS GOD.IF THERE ARE EVIL FORCES THEN THERE ARE GOOD FORCES.SO ALSO SPIRIT.
GOD IS A HOLY GOD.VERY VERY HOLY.HE DETEST SIN.AND THAT IS WHY HE HAS GONE FAR AWAY FROM THIS SINFUL AND UNBELIEVING GENERATION.FOR YOU TO SEE GOD YOU MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS.SO IM NOT SURPRISE THAT DEAR CHRISBENOGOR HAS NOT SEEN GOD. BUT BELIEVE ME AS SURE AS THERE IS NIGHT AND DAY,SO SHALL YOU SURELY MARVEL AT THE GLORY OF GOD,VERY SOON.I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.
as for what happens to those who were born before Christ, the bible is very clear.that was the era of righteousness.that was the time that your going to hell or heavens is determine by the good work and your right living on earth.in short that was the period of law.after the death of Christ,we enter the period of grace.in the law time,you atone for sin by sacrifice,shedding of blood.but in the period of grace,JESUS SHED HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD FOR THE REMISSION OF OUR SIN ONCE AND FOR ALL.YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE ANY OTHER SACRIFICE.
THERE IS NO CONFUSION IN THE BIBLE.IT IS CLEAR.
CHEERS grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2008
ladoma:

MY DEAR PEOPLE.GOD WILL SURELY COME.BUT AT HIS OWN TIME.BUT WHEN HE COMES,IT WILL BE TOO LATE FOR PEOPLE LIKE CHRISBENOGOR.IT WILL BE THE END OF THIS PRESENT WORLD.THAT DAY THERE SHALL BE GNASHING OF TEETH.
EXAMINE THE WORLD CAREFULLY,THERE IS ALWAYS AN OPPOSITE TO ALL THINGS.CHRISBENOGOR BELIEVE IN THE DEVIL BECAUSE HE SEEMS TO BE A DISCIPLE TO HIM.SO IF THERE IS DEVIL,THEN THERE IS GOD.IF THERE ARE EVIL FORCES THEN THERE ARE GOOD FORCES.SO ALSO SPIRIT.
GOD IS A HOLY GOD.VERY VERY HOLY.HE DETEST SIN.AND THAT IS WHY HE HAS GONE FAR AWAY FROM THIS SINFUL AND UNBELIEVING GENERATION.FOR YOU TO SEE GOD YOU MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS.SO I'm NOT SURPRISE THAT DEAR CHRISBENOGOR HAS NOT SEEN GOD. BUT BELIEVE ME AS SURE AS THERE IS NIGHT AND DAY,SO SHALL YOU SURELY MARVEL AT THE GLORY OF GOD,VERY SOON.I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.
as for what happens to those who were born before Christ, the bible is very clear.that was the era of righteousness.that was the time that your going to hell or heavens is determine by the good work and your right living on earth.in short that was the period of law.after the death of Christ,we enter the period of grace.in the law time,you atone for sin by sacrifice,shedding of blood.but in the period of grace,JESUS SHED HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD FOR THE REMISSION OF OUR SIN ONCE AND FOR ALL.YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE ANY OTHER SACRIFICE.
THERE IS NO CONFUSION IN THE BIBLE.IT IS CLEAR.
CHEERS grin

jesus will come soon and all atheist, moslems, hindus,buddhist, shirks, jews, taoist, jinnan, etc will all rot and burn in hell forever, ahhhhhhhhhh we are all scared to death, but by the way hell will be very full and exciting because more than 80% of all the humans that ever existed will burn there for eternity. the fact still remains that christains have never accounted for more than 20% of the world's population on the average. that will amount to tens of billions of people that will be in or are presently in hell, because they refuse to accept jesus as the son of god(what ever that means). so ahhhhhhhh we are very scared .
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
Mazaje leave this pot smoker jo, have we not noted here that hell will be a lot more fun than heaven?
Ghandi will be there to give us advice, bill gates would spend large for us, at least I will be with fellow atheists who can think about a way out of there.
We will also have those that will be of constant amusement, you lot that lived your lives trying to be christians but because you are the wrong denomination you are doomed.
What will heaven be like, just maybe pol pot, stalin, hitler, abacha, saddam resented before they died, you can imagine them in heaven and all those they annihilated in hell.
*sheesh*
Who told the intellectual dwarf that devil existed?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
Which God are you talking about the Indian looking God, the Chinese One, the Cauasian One or the Black God?

And if there is just one God has Christians (or Paulite) try to make us believe, then why do all these people look sooo different?

If there is only one God then why don't we look all the same?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 10:39pm On Dec 24, 2008
And Ganhdi didn't come for us (Nuwaubians or nubians, Africans or Negroid, or blacks whatever you want to call us) he come for his own people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply)

"I Foresaw Trouble In US Politics" – TB Joshua / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.