Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting (41528 Views)

True PROOF Of God's Existence For The DOUBTING Atheist. / God Please Wipe My Eyes And Give Me Children / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by IGWEUSA(m): 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2008
Please u guys should pause it here , it is still too early 4 his visitation. God exists, and he will surely come down.

************* BUt that should be when i will be as old as methusaleh, a period when i will be able 2 be a BORN AGAIN*****************

i rest ma case,
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2008
I'm sure he will come down if he can find a ladder long enough?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by hilli666(m): 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2008
God is a being of infinite superiority to all and everything extant. In the Bibles feeble attempt to conceptualise this great being lies the greatest blunder to ever befall mankind. Because as always in order for man to understand God, he sought to bring it down to a more baser and denser level. This is how the bible was written, portraying God as a mortal being in some instances. E.g and the prophet spoke to God, and God was angered by his behavior. Attributing human tendencies e.g, Emotions, to God, we have long Forgotten that God itself is a being of Divinity and not spirituality like us humans. For example the @poster request that God should come and make itself know to us to prove to humans that it exists, is an example of how the feeble teaching of the bible has debased and undermined the superiority of this Great being that we call God. Divinity and spirituality can never and will never mix for they are two totally separate elements it is like oil and water. Divinity is refined, pure and perfect. While spirituality is denser, coarser and less refined. Not to talk of physicality which is where we exist now hence the physical world of matter that we see, touch and smell. God rules by it laws, the laws of nature, the laws of creation e.t.c this laws are so perfect in construction that it eliminates the need for any direct interference by God of any of its Divine beings. These are the laws that human have failed to abide by. Yet this laws have governed creation trillions of years before we humans even set foot on this planet, and will still remain years after we as a species are extinct. This laws should not be confused with our judicial laws.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by blackgucci(m): 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2008
Ok blackgucci lets reason together, this discussion will be futile and without direction if we fail to define what God is.
If God was nature it would be a lot easier to discuss, but that's not the point and I don't want us to be derailed now.
So are you going to profer a solution to our problem, or do you accept the wikipedia definition of God we can go no from there.

yeah i guess thats where the problem lies, defining God, contradictory convictions as to what God is, eliminates the existence of a monothiest beign, therefore reducing God to a mere idea rather than a substantial presence.
now where do we go from here?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by SCYLLA: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2008
:d
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Monicaa: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2008
@Martian aka Dios, Good for you! smiley
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by zoraro(m): 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2008
Must people that practice one religion or the other do so because they were born into such religions. Hence, have not taken a real hard look at what they really profess. It has become a part of their life and no matter want they see or hear (even the truth) will not give it up, they will be totally lost without it. Religion to them is going to church or mosque or were ever and "wearing" it for others to see.

That is why, for example our leaders all claim to be Christians and Muslims but will steal public money without a second thought. Deep down in their heart, they know that god as claimed by this religions do not exist. If people really truly believe the Bible, Koran and other Holy books then there won't be as much suffering in this world as there is now (since most people in the world belong to one religion or another).
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2008
A brief summary of Davidylan "From his own words"

Davidylan does not "beleive" in the existence of thoughts, so he does not "think". He however "beleives" in the existence of God because he "beleives" and of course,  because he learnt of a stone somewhere with Jesus name written on it.
He is a genius who does not think (what a contradiction in terms).
Yet he calls those who don't beleive in God fools.

Can someone define who a fool is? I think our collective understanding of the word fool needs to be clarified.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 26, 2008
duduspace:

A brief summary of Davidylan "From his own words"

Davidylan does not "beleive" in the existence of thoughts, so he does not "think". He however "beleives" in the existence of God because he "beleives" and of course, because he learnt of a stone somewhere with Jesus name written on it.
He is a genius who does not think (what a contradiction in terms).
Yet he calls those who don't beleive in God fools.

Can someone define who a fool is? I think our collective understanding of the word fool needs to be clarified.

dudu . . . indeed there is a dark space between your ears. grin

thanks for the deliberate lies and misconceptions of my own belief.

No i dont disbelieve that thoughts exist . . . they do . . .

but since you are so gungho about "science" (even though you're about as skilled in it as a retarded toddler) proving the existence of God, i just wondered if you had ever tried using science to prove the rate at which the mind processes thoughts or if there was an empirical experiment to determine whether thoughts exist at all.

We cant scientifically prove the thought process but YET we believe that it exists because in your heart you know that you think and believe that everyone else has the capacity to think . . . juxtapose that with the existence of God.

You cant be bleating about science when it comes to God and then huff and puff when it comes to simple matters like critical thinking.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 10:26pm On Dec 26, 2008
Kuns:

I'm sure he will come down if he can find a ladder long enough?

do u post wt ur hands,head or anus?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Monicaa: 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2008
busybein:

do u post wt ur hands,head or anus?

Ha ha, that was good one, but on a more serious note, Kuns, u r talking like someone without sense cos even lil kids wouldnt be talking this way
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2008
Monicaa:

Ha ha, that was good one, but on a more serious note, Kuns, u r talking like someone without sense because even little kids wouldnt be talking this way

kuns stupidtyno pun intended knows no rival
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2008
Kuns isnt stupid . . . he is an example of why we as christians need to thank God daily for the gift of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice to unshackle us from the bondage of darkness.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2008
david he is,smtimes he posts like a day old baby
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 6:43am On Dec 27, 2008
davidylan:

dudu . . . indeed there is a dark space between your ears. grin

thanks for the deliberate lies and misconceptions of my own belief.

No i don't disbelieve that thoughts exist . . . they do . . .

but since you are so gungho about "science" (even though you're about as skilled in it as a retarded toddler) proving the existence of God, i just wondered if you had ever tried using science to prove the rate at which the mind processes thoughts or if there was an empirical experiment to determine whether thoughts exist at all.

We can't scientifically prove the thought process but YET we believe that it exists because in your heart you know that you think and believe that everyone else has the capacity to think . . . juxtapose that with the existence of God.

You can't be bleating about science when it comes to God and then huff and puff when it comes to simple matters like critical thinking.

You are sick and showing yourself as not being too smart or simply unable to understand simple concepts and you are a prime example of what religion does in mentally shackling an individual who would otherwise be capable of great intellectual achievement or even great discovery.

1. I never claimed that science knows everything.
2. I guess there are experts who have tried such experiments but you dnt need such to prove the existence of thought as thought in itself is an abstract intangible construct (but one which can be proved simply).

Pray, where are the lies and misconception? were you not the one who asked me to prove the existence of thoughts? why would you ask me to prove something if you beleived in it? If you need proof of something, it is either you don't beleive it or you are not sure please correct me and choose which one of the two applies to you.

I asked you a question and instead of answering, in trying to dodge the question you gave me a task to do and I did it. Proofs are done by either deduction or induction and that is why definition of a term is important.

You asked me to prove the existence of thoughts and it is such a simple proof, it is virtually self proving, a simple proof by deduction is as follows.

A simple definition of thought is "the process that leads to decision making in man".

men make decisions (established fact),
If men make decisions, then men think (from the definition)
If men think, then thoughts exist (from deduction).

I then went ahead to point out to you the connection made between thoughts and the brain by scientists.

If my proof of the existence of thoughts was not good enough for you, you would only have pointed out the fallacies in my proof or in my definition instead of going totally rabid.

I guess you were asking me to prove the existence of thoughts to you by showing it to you like a film to prove that thoughts exist but it is such a silly question,  firstly because noone said thoughts are like films and secondly because it beggars beleive that an intelligent matured adult could think of such a question. The only person you would need to prove the existence of thoughts to is someone who doesn't think and I wonder why you would need to prove the existence of thoughts to such an individual.

But then, we all know you were never really looking for an answer now don't we? you gave me a task which was impossible to you in your own eyes but which was actually very simple.

As to the question I asked you,

I can concievably think of a way to prove the existence of God (or at least make it impossible to disprove the possibility of his existence) with this simple proof. (Which funny enough is why I never say for a certainty that God does not exist, infact I beleive in God but not out of fear the way you do and I never claim to be able to prove it.)

Whatever begins to exist has a cause for its existence.
The Universe began to exist.
Therefore the Universe has a cause for its existence.

To prove however that he is the God of the bible is a different matter entirely because I can think of no way by which you could do that without commiting an obvious fallacy of some sort.

As to the dark space you say is between my ears, I'm sorry I'm a bit tired and can't start proving the existence of the brain (because yu probably don't beleive that exists too).

Yaawwwwn, gotta hit the sack now.

Take care.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 6:52am On Dec 27, 2008
Martian:

I was wrong JESUS IS INDEED LORD. I finally understand what they mean by having an experience with the holy ghost.
The man of God at our church over here prayed with me and I gave my life to Christ.
I'm just here asking for forgiveness from God and all the brethren I insulted on this board, please forgive me

All praises and honour and glory to the Almighty Father, JEHOVAH ELOHIM. We are all colourless in His eyes, He's not for the jews or gentiles, He's for all of US.
So all these "ATHEISTS", I hope He touches you people too.
I will write about my experience later on as the Spirit directs.
Hallelujah!!!!!

Wetin happen? did yu encounter a talking donkey or you have suddenly gone blind and have to wait in someone's house for a while to receive your sight? Abi the impossible don happen and God don find ladder come down?

Quick tell us wetin dey o. Me too, I want to share in your experience but no be the one wey one yeye pastor go come they crape me o.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 27, 2008
duduspace:

Wetin happen? did yu encounter a talking donkey or you have suddenly gone blind and have to wait in someone's house for a while to receive your sight? Abi the impossible don happen and God don find ladder come down?

Quick tell us wetin dey o. Me too, I want to share in your experience but no be the one wey one yeye pastor go come they crape me o.

Ok, the spirit said it's time to talk.
I think I can open my own church, the crap I wrote is what all these pastors spiel out of their mouth every chance they get and as you can see Monicaa fell for it. So all I need is a building and some chairs and I'll be challeging adeboye and co for souls in no time. grin grin
Jehovah elohim my a$$
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2008
@Busybody

I think you should take the ladder up to God (Jesus) so he climb down with, and make sure to take a ladder that's long enough.

This is 2009 and your[b] Jesus of 2000 years ago [/b] hasn't come back.

Keep dreaming, only in your dreams will you see him floating on a cloud.

If you want him to come back soon, hurry up, and take a ladder up there for him to climb down with. Duh!

Stop wasting your time believing in foolishness.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:53am On Dec 27, 2008
Silly boy dios, hehehehe.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 3:08pm On Dec 27, 2008
Martian:

I think I can open my own church, the crap I wrote is what all these pastors spiel out of their mouth every chance they get and as you can see Monicaa fell for it. So all I need is a building and some chairs and I'll be challeging adeboye and co for souls in no time.  grin grin
Jehovah elohim my a$$

Interesting, you can always name your mushroom church, "Angel Gabriel just left here Ministries"  grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by OutlukBabe(f): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2008
Come down from where? U are also waiting for the rebel jew to come and show himself. He wont come, stop deluding urself
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2008
Martian:

I think I can open my own church, the crap I wrote is what all these pastors spiel out of their mouth every chance they get and as you can see Monicaa fell for it. So all I need is a building and some chairs and I'll be challeging adeboye and co for souls in no time. grin grin
Jehovah elohim my a$$

I thought you fell down from a donkey, hit your head on the ground and saw a "vision" just like the way paul did. grin grin grin grin grin, mohammed saw visions too. . . . .
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2008
Kuns:

@Busybody

I think you should take the ladder up to God (Jesus) so he climb down with, and make sure to take a ladder that's long enough.

This is 2009 and your[b] Jesus of 2000 years ago [/b] hasn't come back.

Keep dreaming, only in your dreams will you see him floating on a cloud.

If you want him to come back soon, hurry up, and take a ladder up there for him to climb down with. Duh!

Stop wasting your time believing in foolishness.

sharapppp diaaa and go get yourself checked on in d hospital preferably  by a psychiatrist

God is a respecter of no man,not even a little rat like yourself,whenever he'll come,he will come,by his own making and not urs,u cannot tell him when to come,so keep quiet and go suckle on ur feeding bottle

are u d one believing in foolishness?leave e let me continue to dwell in that foolishness and go get ur brain wacked down by a doctor
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 27, 2008
busybein:

sharapppp diaaa and go get yourself checked on in d hospital preferably by a psychiatrist

God is a respecter of no man,not even a little rat like yourself,whenever he'll come,he will come,by his own making and not urs,u cannot tell him when to come,so keep quiet and go suckle on ur feeding bottle

are u d one believing in foolishness?leave e let me continue to dwell in that foolishness and go get ur brain wacked down by a doctor

Chill babe, it ain't that serious.

duduspace:

Interesting, you can always name your mushroom church, "Angel Gabriel just left here Ministries" grin

No, It's PEARLY GATES MINISTERIES AKA THE HOUSEHOLD OF THE CHOSEN CHILDREN OF THE LION OF JUDAH.
Someone,anybody shout HALLELUJAH.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:36pm On Dec 27, 2008
Halelu halelu halelujah
I nominate myself for the post of financial administrator.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by duduspace(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Halelu halelu halelujah
I nominate myself for the post of financial administrator.

And I nomimate myself for the post of Sister's Counsellor. grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2008
duduspace:

And I nomimate myself for the post of Sister's Counsellor. grin

ok now dis is funny grin grin grin why sisters?
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 9:51pm On Dec 27, 2008
busybein:

ok now this is funny grin grin grin why sisters?

because sisters have "things" to offer grin grin grin. by the way busybein(my wife) why are you here talking to other men? i go vex go start to talk to other girls ohhh.
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by busybein: 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2008
mazaje:

because sisters have "things" to offer grin grin grin.

things like? grin grin bad pikins

mazaje:

by the way busybein(my wife) why are you here talking to other men? i go vex go start to talk to other girls ohhh.

nooo its just an innocent conversation oooo sad sad sad true,infact emmm ask chris embarassed dont go and talk to other gals pls,ejo,biko,im too jealous for dat cry cheesy grin
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by mazaje(m): 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2008
busybein:

nooo its just an innocent conversation oooo sad sad sad true,infact emmm ask chris embarassed don't go and talk to other gals please,ejo,biko,I'm too jealous for that cry cheesy grin

ok apology accepted, kiss and make up kiss
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:29pm On Dec 27, 2008
Chei this two don dey play love for here again, na me una go use settle abi smiley
Re: God Please Come Down And Show Yourself So People Stop Doubting by Kuns: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2008
@ALL

It's well, 2009 and your jesus of 2000 thousand years ago still hasn't come back yet.

So if I tell you I am going to make dinner for you soon, does that mean 10 hours later?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christianity And Sex / "Worship Leaders Lie When They Lead Worship Songs" - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / "Dead Boy Resurrects At Lord's Chosen Charismatic Ministries" - Member Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.