Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? (39782 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / No To Getting A Car Because Am Single / This Is What My House Help Did To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Empero1:
@OP

Run as faster as your leg can carry you . Stating from experience , any lady you bring in in such circumstance must surely seduce you , whether she's a day time maid or full time one does not matter . Unless of course , if your girl friend is cohabiting with you .

Hmmmm...

Very probable but I don't think every female house help go out of their way to seduce unsuspecting men.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
alutacontinua:

siddon there and keep wondering na cheesy undecided

I need a mat. cool
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
OP, I did this once and it was a good experience. She'd have one key to your apartment. Of course you just have to trust her, but at the same time you'll have to keep invaluable things in a safe, away from her. Give her times she can come around, days she'll be doing the cleaning. You can either opt to pay her monthly or pay her a token each day she comes around. I found the latter much better, cos you'll definitely get series of excuses why she couldn't come on the assigned dates. If you are a soft guy like me, you'll just pardon her. So, pay her some sort of wage. Whenever she comes over and she's done with the cleaning and cooking for that day, pay her the agreed wage. Until next time when she returns...

As already advised, you might want to get someone relatively unattractive. The help i had wasn't so great-looking, just okay. And she spoke English well. However, methinks you can do with pretty much anyone, so long as you guys understand each other and you don't engage wild fantasies.

My help quit at some point and took up a different job elsewhere. Since then, I haven't come around to getting another. All I do is call one over maybe once in 2-3 weeks. I actually discovered i was better off doing these things myself. As a zero-knowledge cook, i couldn't even put on the gas cooker. I'm better now and can string together some things to swallow for the day. Plus, i replaced a lot of things with machines: vacuum cleaner, washing machine, etc and can now do these chores faster in less minutes.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by kekilika: 3:56am On Jan 08, 2015
Bros! Know wetin him can fit do. U just want accomplices. Later, when e go happen, make you raise ur hands up say u tell us. Oyo!!! I no read this neither I comment

A. Get a desperate girlfriend that will give u Value Added Services(Benefits of a wife)
B. Get a wife.
C. B
D. C

NB: bros heart pure, he is a professional, work(hiring of upkeep manager) and Pleasure don't .....
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 08, 2015
goofyone:
OP, I did this once and it was a good experience. She'd have one key to your apartment. Of course you just have to trust her, but at the same time you'll have to keep invaluable things in a safe, away from her. Give her times she can come around, days she'll be doing the cleaning. You can either opt to pay her monthly or pay her a token each day she comes around. I found the latter much better, cos you'll definitely get series of excuses why she couldn't come on the assigned dates. If you are a soft guy like me, you'll just pardon her. So, pay her some sort of wage. Whenever she comes over and she's done with the cleaning and cooking for that day, pay her the agreed wage. Until next time when she returns...

As already advised, you might want to get someone relatively unattractive. The help i had wasn't so great-looking, just okay. And she spoke English well. However, methinks you can do with pretty much anyone, so long as you guys understand each other and you don't engage wild fantasies.

My help quit at some point and took up a different job elsewhere. Since then, I haven't come around to getting another. All I do is call one over maybe once in 2-3 weeks. I actually discovered i was better off doing these things myself. As a zero-knowledge cook, i couldn't even put on the gas cooker. I'm better now and can string together some things to swallow for the day. Plus, i replaced a lot of things with machines: vacuum cleaner, washing machine, etc and can now do these chores faster in less minutes.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Nice one!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 08, 2015
kekilika:
Bros! Know wetin him can fit do. U just want accomplices. Later, when e go happen, make you raise ur hands up say u tell us. Oyo!!! I no read this neither I comment

A. Get a desperate girlfriend that will give u Value Added Services(Benefits of a wife)
B. Get a wife.
C. B
D. C

NB: bros heart pure, he is a professional, work(hiring of upkeep manager) and Pleasure don't .....

Lol @ desparate girlfriend.

That's one reason I shouldn't allow her be around me. When a lady is desperate she can do almost anything.

I am actually allergic to desperados and bringing them close doesn't favour anyone.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by supernet4(f): 6:02am On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

If I do get one she must be very presentable and neat. Wouldn't mind one who is educated to certain level.
hmmmmmmm
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 08, 2015
supernet4:
hmmmmmmm

A penny for your thoughts embarassed
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by supernet4(f): 6:15am On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

A penny for your thoughts embarassed
just tinking about ur comment
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by 1miccza: 6:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Op just tell us that you need a playmate on your bed.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by esmeralda1(f): 6:53am On Jan 08, 2015
let her have a spare key, do her chores, u pay her and she leaves.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2015
supernet4:
just tinking about ur comment

So what are your thoughts about the comment?
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2015
1miccza:
Op just tell us that you need a playmate on your bed.

Funny you!

If I need a "bed playmate" I know more than two pretty ladies I can trick to fulfill that role.

The fact that I won't do that tells me, I am not interested in playing 'married' with any house help.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 08, 2015
esmeralda1:
let her have a spare key, do her chores, u pay her and she leaves.

Cool!

Thanks!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by 1miccza: 7:53am On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

Funny you!

If I need a "bed playmate" I know more than two pretty ladies I can trick to fulfill that role.

The fact that I won't do that tells me, I am not interested in playing 'married' with any house help.

Yeah bro but just as someone said previously no lady between the ages of 18 to 25 would stand by and serve as a house help or maid for a single guy living alone one day she would make a move it's worse if she is a live in house help or maid and bros we both know and understand that "body no be firewood"
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Ishilove: 8:05am On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:
Thinking seriously of getting one who would help with the house chores to include preparing my meals.
*wink wink* wink wink

Beware of punny flavoured vegetable soup... cheesy cheesy cheesy

If I get an IV 7months from now, with the inscription "Risikat weds Striktlymi'' boldly etched in gold letters, I will know vegetable soup is at work grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2015
1miccza:

Yeah bro but just as someone said previously no lady between the ages of 18 to 25 would stand by and serve as a house help or maid for a single guy living alone one day she would make a move it's worse if she is a live in house help or maid and bros we both know and understand that "body no be firewood"

I feel you!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 08, 2015
Ishilove:

*wink wink* wink wink

Beware of punny flavoured vegetable soup... cheesy cheesy cheesy

If I get an IV 7months from now, with the inscription "Risikat weds Striktlymi'' boldly etched in gold letters, I will know vegetable soup is at work grin

Lol!!! grin grin grin

Darling mua, you won't kill me with your wits. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Ishilove: 8:21am On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

Lol!!! grin grin grin

Darling mua, you won't kill me with your wits. cheesy
That is if Risikat doesn't get to you first, Daddy O tongue
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 08, 2015
Ishilove:

That is if Risikat doesn't get to you first, Daddy O tongue

grin
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by tolutweety(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2015
I quite relate with the op's ...

__i might need a female house help soon sef undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by An0nimus: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2015
That part about leaving a spare key though. Personally I doubt I can, especially for a total stranger. Hard to fully trust people these days even those you think have your back.

That aside, why must she be between 20-25?
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by supernet4(f): 1:49pm On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

So what are your thoughts about the comment?
noting to bother about
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
Poster get one if you want. You seem to have a great head on your shoulders so don't bother about people who judge others and read situation based on their own low standards. All we think about is se-x and severe perversion.

I had a maid while I was single, I found I was unproductive because I like every where clean and organised and I had special diets so I would wake up early and come back late and still be working at home
When I got one I was more organised, calmer and more productive.

You will also help an unemployed person. However try to keep it professional. Pay a decent wage, let the maid work within reasonable hours, not be a live in and remember it's a professional relationship, she is not your sister, don't get all up in her space before she misinterpretes your intentions.

Be firm and decent. Ensure she does her work well and doesn't let strangers into your house. Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
An0nimus:
That part about leaving a spare key though. Personally I doubt I can, especially for a total stranger. Hard to fully trust people these days even those you think have your back.

That aside, why must she be between 20-25?

Hmmmm....

Food for thought though.

At least that age range I am relatively sure someone is not forcing her to do the job.

A colleague told me about a maid he had of about 17/18 but realized only recently that the mum forced her to do it.

PS: I don't want someone older cause I won't be comfortable.
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
aisha2:
Poster get one if you want. You seem to have a great head on your shoulders so don't bother about people who judge others and read situation based on their own low standards. All we think about is se-x and severe perversion.

I had a maid while I was single, I found I was unproductive because I like every where clean and organised and I had special diets so I would wake up early and come back late and still be working at home
When I got one I was more organised, calmer and more productive.

You will also help an unemployed person. However try to keep it professional. Pay a decent wage, let the maid work within reasonable hours, not be a live in and remember it's a professional relationship, she is not your sister, don't get all up in her space before she misinterpretes your intentions.

Be firm and decent. Ensure she does her work well and doesn't let strangers into your house. Goodluck

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by anthoniaz(f): 2:36pm On Jan 08, 2015
elantraceey:

How tedious is your job?

If you stay alone i actually don't see much work there , or do you have friends that usually comes and lither everywhere?
Some guys can scatter oo.Once they get back from work, instead of taking their socks, shirt and trousers to the laundry basket, they fling them on the couch in the sitting room. After cooking in the kitchen the whole place will be up side-down cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2015
anthoniaz:

Some guys can scatter oo.Once they get back from work, instead of taking their socks, shirt and trousers to the laundry basket, they fling them on the couch in the sitting room. After cooking in the kitchen the whole place will be up side-down cheesy

wink
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2015
It's better if you let her come early in the morning and leave at night, some girls are desperate, especially since you are single and I guess you are financially Ok, what if she uses sleeping pills for you and get herself pregnant, u Don enter one chance be that. I suggest you wait till you are married
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2015
striktlymi:

Dunno but I think the place needs a feminine touch.
grin grin grin grin (wife bros)
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by joe17: 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2015
kekilika:

B. Get a wife.
C. B
D. C

wicked!!!
Re: What Do You Think About A Single Guy Getting A Female House Help? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
joe17:
grin grin grin grin (wife bros)

Not wife joor...lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / 3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.